Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation (15618 Views)

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures / Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by tonyson010(m): 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Airpot in Idah is a big joke.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by JomasisQueen: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
Johntitus:
Good day guys.

My Baba's house (4 bedroom apartment wey dey completely furnished and finished) was destroyed today on grounds that the government wants to build an airport there.

The funny thing be say there'll be no compensation whatsoever from the government (nah wentin dem talk).

It's really painful cause almost all of us follow mix cement in order to build that house and now nothing dey to show for it. My mama don cry tire.

The house was located in Idah, Kogi state.

It wasn't only his house that was destroyed though.

I just dey seek una advice on wentin man go do. Is there any way or place we could table the matter to at least get compensation? The labour of our heroes past shall not be in vain.

PS: the destroyers didn't tell us if they were from FG or State government; they only said they came from Abuja.
It’s well
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by mzeepositive: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Johntitus:
Good day guys.

My Baba's house (4 bedroom apartment wey dey completely furnished and finished) was destroyed today on grounds that the government wants to build an airport there.

The funny thing be say there'll be no compensation whatsoever from the government (nah wentin dem talk).
PLEASE CALL SAUL GOOD MAN

It's really painful cause almost all of us follow mix cement in order to build that house and now nothing dey to show for it. My mama don cry tire.

I just dey seek una advice on wentin man go do. Is there any way or place we could table the matter to at least get compensation? The labour of our heroes past shall not be in vain.

PS: the destroyers didn't tell us if they were from FG or State government; they only said they came from Abuja.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Acesexcell(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
jabolo:

Is it located in Akpatega? If so, I had some time on my hands and carried out 5 minutes of internet search, reavling the following:

1. There was an airstrip in Akpatega. It became disused and it seems people encroached on the land ... Good day boss. You seems to know Idah very well. I'm Jibrin by name from ojaina Idah local government area

https://www.facebook.com/186649875250364/posts/this-is-idah-igala-land-aerodromeaerodrome-is-a-small-airport-the-one-in-igala-l/416516058930410/

But behold, the aerodrome became a farmland, area for quarrying, people's plots of land, mining and parking of sand/stones by tipper operators after his transition. Yes, a stone thrown into the market does not select the enemies from the friends, and so we are all affected. These illegal works continued there until the coming of Attah Idakwo Ameh Oboni. He asked them to stop immediately the day he visited the aerodrome in 2013. He made the whole areas to be cleared and leveled. Today, the situation of it is as in the picture above but do you know what, the Attah Igala and the federal govt have made a plan to revive it, and to have it upgraded to a standard airport very soon, a reliable source informed me.

2. The 2020 Budget approved by the National assembly contained approval for a project submitted by the Federal Ministry of Aviation to maintain the Idah Airstrip, to cost 150 million Naira.

https://yourbudgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/MINISTRY-OF-AVIATION.pdf
See Page 5, Item: ERGP31144151 MAINTENANCE OF IDAH AIRSTRIP

Putting (1) and (2) above together, you may not have a case. The airstrip has been encroached upon and the Federal Government is about to resuscitate it.

Apologies if your property is not in Akpatega. Good luck.

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by shedgoz(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for taking out time to research on this. The said house is not in Akpatega but just behind the Naval base. About 3 kilometers from Akpatega.

There was no prior notification from the said person's who came to bulldozed the buildings.

Though the bulldozing commenced from Akpatega all the way down to some of the houses they claimed were in the runway.

Anyways, If this project has been outlined before this time, why did the state government decide to sell the land to my Dad in 2015?

However, we have our C of O Issued to us and we will utilize every legal means possible to ensure we get justice for the trauma.

jabolo:

Is it located in Akpatega? If so, I had some time on my hands and carried out 5 minutes of internet search, reavling the following:

1. There was an airstrip in Akpatega. It became disused and it seems people encroached on the land ...

https://www.facebook.com/186649875250364/posts/this-is-idah-igala-land-aerodromeaerodrome-is-a-small-airport-the-one-in-igala-l/416516058930410/

But behold, the aerodrome became a farmland, area for quarrying, people's plots of land, mining and parking of sand/stones by tipper operators after his transition. Yes, a stone thrown into the market does not select the enemies from the friends, and so we are all affected. These illegal works continued there until the coming of Attah Idakwo Ameh Oboni. He asked them to stop immediately the day he visited the aerodrome in 2013. He made the whole areas to be cleared and leveled. Today, the situation of it is as in the picture above but do you know what, the Attah Igala and the federal govt have made a plan to revive it, and to have it upgraded to a standard airport very soon, a reliable source informed me.

2. The 2020 Budget approved by the National assembly contained approval for a project submitted by the Federal Ministry of Aviation to maintain the Idah Airstrip, to cost 150 million Naira.

https://yourbudgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/MINISTRY-OF-AVIATION.pdf
See Page 5, Item: ERGP31144151 MAINTENANCE OF IDAH AIRSTRIP

Putting (1) and (2) above together, you may not have a case. The airstrip has been encroached upon and the Federal Government is about to resuscitate it.

Apologies if your property is not in Akpatega. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by shedgoz(m): 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
Exactly my point. Why Issue C of O for a land and later come back to demolish the building on It.

To build house for Nigeria no be small matter ooo, come still furnish the house.

This is just our exact story. The painful part is there was no prior notification.

This country is truly a lawless country.

zicoraads:
This country is a jungle. Lawlessness thrives here and the funniest part is you can hardly do anything about it.

Same thing happened to me late last year. A land I had been developing, a place I had spent a lot of money was demolished too. That the government wanted to build a nurse's quarters there. But the same government, through her agency, was issuing C of O's when people were buying lands there.

Although I heard it was earmarked for a nurse's station in the 70's. But the government knew people were building there for long, no one said anything. No one was warned. All of us didn't even know anything like that.

We've sued. The matter is in court but the truth is my mind is no longer there. I have forgotten about it and moved on. I am not optimistic that we will win a case against the government or even get them to pay.

I am still single and a young. The people I pitied the most were those who had families and complete houses.

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by zicoraads: 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
shedgoz:
Exactly my point. Why Issue C of O for a land and later come back to demolish the building on It.

To build house for Nigeria no be small matter ooo, come still furnish the house.

This is just our exact story. The painful part is there was no prior notification.

This country is truly a lawless country.

Very lawless.

You'll be trying to make ends meet, to better your life and that of your unborn kids, but the system is rigged to always ensure you remain where you are.

It's a sad situation.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by muriunited(m): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2022

he must get it oh, did your father buy the land.... if possible locate the seller..... without those documents make una go back to village
Goy the place no be Abuja or lokoja person no de buy without C of O for in own village? Dat thing na intimidation, guy go Brekete family program on human rights radio 101.1 Abuja, ask for Ordinary President Ahmad Isah.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by remi1444: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
MrMcJay:

People without C of Os win cases against the government.
For the sake of knowledge... on what grounds when they don't have "legal interest"?
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Caseless: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2022
Johntitus:

That was the first thing we thought. They only came on Friday to inform us, today there's no house again. Thanks alot boss. We'll surely do that.

I thought they said the airport would be sited in Ankpa(around ikanekpo)? Why does kogi even need an airport? It's just 2 hrs from Abuja for God's sake.

Make sure you identify those who demolished the house and take the case up with them.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by alhaji04: 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
Johntitus:
Good day guys.

Have u taking a good step towards this issue?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Design And Photographs Of Buildings From Other Countries / 90% Completed 3bedroom Bungalow For Sale (pics) / THE GRANDEUR ESTATE ABIJO GRA. BUY NOW AND BUILD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.