Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children (427 Views)

How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job / Different Types Of Nigerian Fathers And Their Characteristics - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children by missimelda01(f): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
This is of course my opinion, feel free to add yours

1. Listen to your children

Take time and listen to your children's ideas and problems. Listening helps them feel respected and understood.

2. Spend more time with your children

If you always seem too busy for your children, they will feel neglected no matter what you say. I understand you need to ‘hustle’ to make ends meet, but don't forget that money isn't everything.

3. Say ‘I love you’ more often

Lol Naija fathers left the Whatsapp group grin
When children know they are loved because of who they are, not because of what they have done, they begin to realize the true value of their lives.

4. Discipline With Love

You don't need to be violent towards your kids because they did something wrong, correct them with love instead.

5. Be involved in your children spiritual growth

This is usually left for mummy and that's not good. Go to church with your children, pray with them and help them study the Bible.

Proverb 22 vs 6 says “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

I hope someone learns from this smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children by Oyindidi(f): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin grin
Re: 5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children by McStoic(m): 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
Make I take line first. I dey come. Fatherhood no be beans sha. You must always think steps ahead of others everytime

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children by Coly2012(m): 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
My 3 kids gave me father's day gift today.
My first son - 1 #100 gala and#50 grandnut, same as my second son while the third gave only grandnut,
And three of them tolk time to pray for me one after the other, and the first of 9 yrs ended it all by saying daddy you are a good man.
I fell happy and proud to be a father today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children by missimelda01(f): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
Coly2012:
My first son - 1 #100 gala and#50 grandnut, same as my second son while the third gave only grandnut,
And three of them tolk time to pray for me one after the other, and the first of 9 yrs ended it all by saying daddy you are a good man.
God bless you smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children by Coly2012(m): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
missimelda01:

God bless you smiley
Amen and you too dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Fathers Can Improve The Relationship With Their Children by obaaderemi: 9:22am On Dec 05, 2022
Coly2012:
You are lucky. Don't joke with such children ever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Wall Clock "MARBLE" Is A Battery Assassin / Weekend Deal !!! / Does Property Sharing Hold Waters In Cases Of Divorce In Nigerian Marriages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.