Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso (2279 Views)

INEC Should Cancel Lagos Elections And Declare Sanwo / President-Elect Tinubu And His Vice, Shettima Brainstorming On National Issue / Why Emir Sanusi Should Be Persuaded For The Vice, Obi Does Not Need Kwankwanso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
With all due respect, while understanding the significance of a coalition, unless these people are enjoying the suspense, I don't see why it takes this long to form a merger, these adults know what they want, so they should stop fooling around, I think Obi should henceforth stop the discussion with Kwankwaso and pick another vice.

There is the spiral effects to Obi's candidacy and he is the only one Tinubu is waiting for before picking a Muslim vice, once Obi accepts to be deputy to Kwankwaso, Tinubu Would pick a Muslim vice and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Categorically and with utmost respect for Kwankwaso and the Kwankwasiya group, he Obi is not a child, and if by 72 hours and they are not done with whatever discussion they are having for over two weeks now, I shall start preparing my mind to vote for Atiku/Okowa.

I honestly at this point want Obi to pick another vice from the North and get ready for campaign and election. So far as the negotiation is going on, I hope the best come out of it, I really wish Kwankwaso would agree to step down for Obi, not becuase it MUST be Obi but if people said it is the turn of the South East let's see that to effect, Zik's coalition was of greater power to the North.

Left for me, the merger agreement is long overdue and someone should know what should work at this point, Both men should stop wasting their time and those of so many others. They should man up and take stand.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Crixxx: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
He is waiting for his master Obi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
Obi will never be Vice to any body.
He is the candidate with the biggest fan base among all contestants

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by fyneguy: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lol Tinubu is waiting for Obi? You guys are extremely delusional

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by amnesty7: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
fyneguy:
Abeg what's the name of that thing wet dem dey drink for Biafraland ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by inoki247: 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lol wetin Concern him with Obi when you guys already say his running a Muslim Muslim Ticket nd e no fit win....

Nothing wey we no go hear for this coalition beggars people....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Golan007: 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
amnesty7:

Abeg what's the name of that thing wet dem dey drink for Biafraland ?
Mpuru mmiri.

They actually smoke it.

83 Likes

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
inoki247:
Lol wetin Concern him with Obi when you guys already say his running a Muslim Muslim Ticket nd e no fit win....

Nothing wey we no go hear for this coalition beggars people....
If you are not a politician, kindly sit down and learn, If he is certain about winning a muslim Muslim, why not he go on and chose one already, he is waiting for Obi to get be deputy so he chose a Muslim Northerner and use sourhern sentiment down here
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by famouscargo4u: 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
I can bet with anything. Kwankanso will never agree to be a VP.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Pierocash(m): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
Obi should go for Sanusi Lamido

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by sevenhundred(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
famouscargo4u:
I can bet with anything. Kwankanso will never agree to be a VP.
no need to bet.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by fyneguy: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
AlexBells:

If you are not a politician, kindly sit down and learn, If he is certain about winning a muslim Muslim, why not he go on and chose one already, he is waiting for Obi to get be deputy so he chose a Muslim Northerner and use sourhern sentiment down here

Make it make sense. How does Obi's choice affect his? What are the permutations?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
fyneguy:

Make it make sense. How does Obi's choice affect his? What are the permutations?
The permutation is that Obi is a contender in the South where, majority are Christians, if I'm going to be sincere, politics aside, Yoruba muslims are tolerant, however with Obi as a Christian candidate, the Muslim/Muslim sentiments would get an antidote but without Obi in the picture you are left to chose the better Muslim, in this case Tinubu is the most appealing muslim given he is from the south west and even married to a pastor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
Pierocash:
I don't think Sanusi is politically disposed currently, he could as well go for Saraki that's if Saraki would be open to the project
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by fyneguy: 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
AlexBells:

The permutation is that Obi is a contender in the South where, majority are Christians, if I'm going to be sincere, politics aside, Yoruba muslims are tolerant, however with Obi as a Christian candidate, the Muslim/Muslim sentiments would get an antidote but without Obi in the picture you are left to chose the better Muslim, in this case Tinubu is the most appealing muslim given he is from the south west and even married to a pastor

Are you saying Tinubu is awaiting the outcome of Obi's alliance with Kwankwanso, before choosing his running mate?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
fyneguy:

Are you saying Tinubu is awaiting the outcome of Obi's alliance with Kwankwanso, before choosing his running mate?
Exactly
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by IamWonderful: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hehehehehe baby factory criminals can be so stupid and deluded, how does Mazi Okechukwu Bola Ahmed Tinubu have to wait for someone that cannot even influence election in his own local government before making decisions. God punish idiotic fools

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
IamWonderful:
Hehehehehe baby factory criminals can be so stupid and deluded, how does Mazi Okechukwu Bola Ahmed Tinubu have to wait for someone that cannot even influence election in his own local government before making decisions. God punish idiotic fools
Are you telling me Tinubu spent a year knowing about NNPP and Kwankwaso, spent at least 20 years knowing about Atiku and PDP, about spent 9 years waiting for his turn just to suddenly not to be able to decide on his vice, we know exactly what he didnt see coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by IamWonderful: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
AlexBells:

Are you telling me Tinubu spent a year knowing about NNPP, spent 9 years waiting for his turn just to suddenly not to be able to decide on his vice, we know exactly what he didnt see coming
Who told you he doesn't know his vice, the man is a political genius on a political decoy, when all you noisemakers have keep shut, Mazi Okechukwu Bola Ahmed Tinubu will come out with his plan, he waiting for your noise to subside

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
IamWonderful:
Who told you he doesn't know his vice, the man is a political genius on a political decoy, when all you noisemakers have keep shut, Mazi Okechukwu Bola Ahmed Tinubu will come out with his plan, he waiting for your noise to subside
I know he knows his vice and he is a Northern Muslim, which is why I said, he is waiting for the right time to make the announcements and preferably after he knows Obi's final stand, well as far as Obi stand out, I love and learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Reality3080: 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
fyneguy:
they are highly delusional

Obi that is a regional champion who can only b compared to fayose is d same person they said tinubu is scared of

These people overate themselves a lot

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Reality3080: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
Pierocash:
Sanusi lamido that is seen as an outcast in d north or another one?

53 Likes

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Reality3080: 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
AlexBells:

u better wake up n understand that irrespective of whoever tinubu chooses as vice the whole south west will vote for him so stop your useless permutations n combination

I believe u saw what happened in ekiti,just wait for what will happen in osun so u can get a clearer picture

Peter obi doesn’t even stand a chance here,where is Labour Party in d whole of south west or u believe it’s by noise online?

U don’t understand politics

53 Likes

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Reality3080:
u better wake up n understand that irrespective of whoever tinubu chooses as vice the whole south west will vote for him so stop your useless permutations n combination

I believe u saw what happened in ekiti,just wait for what will happen in osun so u can get a clearer picture

Peter obi doesn’t even stand a chance here,where is Labour Party in d whole of south west or u believe it’s by noise online?

U don’t understand politics
South West is inconsequential in the current dispensation, South West is Tinubu's but that can't get him a win, if he don't win comfortably in at least two region, it is going to be a tough game.

Peter Obi has the capacity to win the South East and South South and Tinubu could come a distance 3rd in the two regions cause Atiku woulf come second in the two region
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by plaindealer: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
It won't happen, Kwankwaso is not foolish and definitely not suicidal, teaming up with Obi and putting his brand on the line for Obi has zero value and value or benefits, there's no upside for him and his brand, but the downside and negative brand damage are huge so it's not worth it.

Lowering and downgrading himself, his standards, and his strong National brand to function under a political lightweight like Obi won't happen, there's no upside or any political advantage.

I don't even see him associating himself with Obi's lousy sense of leadership, political laziness, and cluelessness, he won't let Obi and his toxic supporters damage his strong national brand the way they damaged the Labor Party.
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Legendforte: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
Yes obi shouldn't settle for vp, I think it's high time he picked a running mate from northeast.
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
plaindealer:
It won't happen, Kwankwaso is not foolish and definitely not suicidal, teaming up with Obi and putting his brand on the line for Obi has zero value and value or benefits, there's no upside for him and his brand, but the downside and negative brand damage are huge so it's not worth it.

Lowering and downgrading himself, his standards, and his strong National brand to function under a political lightweight like Obi won't happen, there's no upside or any political advantage.

I don't even see him associating himself with Obi's lousy sense of leadership, political laziness, and cluelessness, he won't let Obi and his toxic supporters damage his strong national brand the way they damaged the Labor Party.

I think instead of arguing objectively you are argue emotionally, rewriting same thing, I will personally campaign against Obi if he steps down for Kwankwaso, let everyone go to the poll,

I'm not doubting Kwankwaso's capacity but if after due Consideration and His integrity or brand as you put is not to be endangered for Obi, so even having Obi as vice is bad for such brand, I'm really impatient with the merger, Obi would be deeply disappointing a lot of people if he agrees to such merger, isn't it the turn of the South any longer ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
AlexBells:
With all due respect, while understanding the significance of a coalition, unless these people are enjoying the suspense, I don't see why it takes this long to form a merger, these adults know what they want, so they should stop fooling around, I think Obi should henceforth stop the discussion with Kwankwaso and pick another vice.

There is the spiral effects to Obi's candidacy and he is the only one Tinubu is waiting for before picking a Muslim vice, once Obi accepts to be deputy to Kwankwaso, Tinubu Would pick a Muslim vice and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Categorically and with utmost respect for Kwankwaso and the Kwankwasiya group, he Obi is not a child, and if by 72 hours and they are not done with whatever discussion they are having for over two weeks now, I shall start preparing my mind to vote for Atiku/Okowa.

I honestly at this point want Obi to pick another vice from the North and get ready for campaign and election. So far as the negotiation is going on, I hope the best come out of it, I really wish Kwankwaso would agree to step down for Obi, not becuase it MUST be Obi but if people said it is the turn of the South East let's see that to effect, Zik's coalition was of greater power to the North.

Left for me, the merger agreement is long overdue and someone should know what should work at this point, Both men should stop wasting their time and those of so many others. They should man up and take stand.

Election is next year June. What's the hurry all about?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
plaindealer:

Too emotional.

Kwankwaso can't win the election alone. With Obi as his vice, he can't win too.

As a vice, he has better chance of winning the president next time if they win it now. By then it will be him alone from the north with higher winning profile.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
Thanksful:

Election is next year June. What's the hurry all about?
Do they gain anything through the suspense, however voters opinion counts, you say election is next year, my kind of person if I'm going to give in to something, I already know I will give in, however if I want higher persuasion or price I may keep lingering on, but then public opinion matters, and so far as we keep sponsoring schools of thought it may help swing the opinion to our desired side, There are several reasons why both mem should come together, but personally I'm impatient becuase we need to know what's up
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by plaindealer: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
AlexBells:

I think instead of arguing objectively you are argue emotionally, rewriting same thing, I will personally campaign against Obi if he steps down for Kwankwaso, let everyone go to the poll,

I'm not doubting Kwankwaso's capacity but if after due Consideration and His integrity or brand as you put is not to be endangered for Obi, so even having Obi as vice is bad for such brand, I'm really impatient with the merger, Obi would be deeply disappointing a lot of people if he agrees to such merger, isn't it the turn of the South any longer ?

At the end of the day both men must do what's best for them, but in politics gains are not measured in just today's currency, you must always think about tomorrow, not just today.

It's always better to preserve what you have today for better opportunities tomorrow than to missus and rubbish it today with no meaningful gain.

Strategically, it's known to Kwankwaso that Obi won't win nationally even with his support either as VP or president, the numbers and the political landscape are not in their favor.
Re: Tinubu Waiting For Obi To Pick His Vice, Obi Should Cancel Kwankwaso by AlexBells(m): 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
plaindealer:

At the end of the day both men must do what's best for them, but in politics gains are not measured in just today's currency, you must always think about tomorrow, not just today.

It's always better to preserve what you have today for better opportunities tomorrow than to missus and rubbish it today with no meaningful gain.

Strategically, it's known to Kwankwaso that Obi won't win nationally even with his support either as VP or president, the numbers and the political landscape are not in their favor.

I don't think so, if Kwankwaso is a great politician like you want to make it look he should know that Obi is a lone sailor counting on his personal popularity not on the party, merging with labour would give Kwankwaso a stronger futuristic outlook becuase Obi would either win or lose at which point Kwankwaso would inherit the labour party with the gains, Obi to me is not a career politician but prudent man who is leading a revolution, even after such revolution, politics is needed to sustain it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Too Old And Sick, He Can't Lead A Nation - Photos / Tribalism Has Finished Nairaland - This Is Serious / Skyline Of Enugu, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.