Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years (1244 Views)

2023: Kogi PDP Unveils Dino Melaye As Party’s Governorship Candidate / Niger: PDP's Isah Liman Kantigi Issues Death Threat To Supporters In Viral Video / Atiku’s Picture Missing As Benue PDP Unveils Campaign Vehicles (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by iwaeda: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
The Niger State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party has unveiled a Christian, Samuel Gomna, as running mate for the 2023 governorship candidate after 16 years of fielding muslim-muslim ticket.

The party, through its governorship candidate, Isah Kantigi, did the unveiling at the party secretariat in Minna on Sunday.

The selection of a Christian as the party running mate is coming 16 years after both the PDP and the All progressive Congress have been fielding muslim-muslim tickets during elections.

Kantigi, during his remarks, said the nominee was successful after due consultations and guidance devoid of sentiment or discrimination for the progress of a common man in the state.

He assured that if elected, his administration will give priority to rural development to reduce rural urban migration and he will be there for the people of the state.

The candidate said, “I am ready to die for you all, I am ready to die for the common man to make sure they are protected.”

Responding, Samuel Gomna accused the ruling APC in the country for playing lip service to end insurgency and assured to bring to an end the current insecurity challenges confronting the state and Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/niger-pdp-unveils-first-christian-gov-running-mate-in-16-years/
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Cypress042(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
That's commendable

4 Likes

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by triple996(m): 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
I agree
Commendable

1 Like

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Bomboiy: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
I love the political structure in Niger state.

Information reaching me is that Obi stands a chance there,to my greatest surprise.

2 Likes

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Onewazobia(m): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bomboiy:

Information reaching me is that Obi stands a chance there,to my greatest surprise.

Proof pls
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Parachoko: 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Good one
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by naija4life247: 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bomboiy:

IBB and Abdulsalam are cousins. They are both from Niger's state. The current governor is married to one of Abdulsalami's daughter. Stop deceiving yourself. Obi will not get a single vote from non-Igbos.
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Peacecore: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
They will still lose to far distant third since their chairman is Thirdus
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Zandena(f): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
I swear PDP is not interested in regaining power in Niger state. The stupid governorship candidate is trying to drag Nigerlites back to the dark era of Muslim-Christian ticket which is not going to fly at all

22 Likes

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
Zandena:
I swear PDP is not interested in regaining power in Niger state. The stupid governorship candidate is trying to drag Nigerlites back to the dark era of Muslim-Christian ticket which is not going to fly at all

What Era was that?

2 Likes

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Ndibuna: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
triple996:
I agree
Commendable
Bc they not in power. They're looking for sentimental votes. Let them win and you see their real self again
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Ndibuna: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Cypress042:
That's commendable
Bc they not in power. They're looking for sentimental votes. Let them win and you see their real self again
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Kingspin(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Believe it PDP as a party is better than the APC party.

But I will continue to vote wisely and the best of all the candidates.

3 Likes

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Cypress042(m): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ndibuna:

you're right.
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by Bobloco: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
Zandena:

Please, which era is that

1 Like

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
TRYING to please his Enemies Niger PDP should do that only if Anambra will pick Christians-Muslim tickets.
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by WhatCanIsay(m): 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
P1PrinceKT:
TRYING to please his Enemies Niger PDP should do that only if Anambra will pick Christians-Muslim tickets.

So the Christians in Niger states are your enemies?

2 Likes

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by samsononyilo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
P1PrinceKT:

See how an educated man reasons, lol...

1 Like

Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by iwaeda: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2022
Lalasticlala grin grin grin grin
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by wasco24: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2022
PDP can not win Niger state in 2023 even if he select pope as his running mate
Re: Niger PDP Unveils First Christian Gov Running Mate In 16 Years by iwaeda: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2022
wasco24:
PDP can not win Niger state in 2023 even if he select pope as his running mate

May be with Mohammed grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

MUSLIM MUSLIM TICKET: My Letter To All Yoruba Christians / Magnus Abe Colluded With Wike, PDP, To Run For Rivers Governor Under SDP – APC / I Fought You Because Of Politics – Oshiomhole Admits To Jonathan (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.