Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Why I Want To Represent My People In Ndokwa East Constituency --mabel Adinkwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Represent My People In Ndokwa East Constituency --mabel Adinkwu (166 Views)

Creation Of An Isoko East Local Government From Ndokwa East Of Delta State / Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. / "I Have What It Takes To Represent My People"- Otunba Olufemi Sosanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Represent My People In Ndokwa East Constituency --mabel Adinkwu by lolanews: 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Why I Want To Represent My People at the Delta State House of Assembly, Mabel Adinkwu Reveals

By Lola Seriki-Idahosa.. Trace Reporters--Onyekachukwu Mabel Adinkwu is from Ndokwa East, she revealed that she's contesting to add value to her people, under ADC Party, According to her politics is a means of helping the people Going further, she revealed that she has always been of help to the cause of her people and would love to take it further.

Because of the non-performance of successive lawmakers, She said Ndokwa nationality deserves more than they're getting from the polity and the political class, she promised to make a different by making laws that will be favorable to all Ndokwa Nation.

Onyekachukwu Mabel Adinkwu is a public servant, development practitioner, social commentator, and public affairs analyst. She has been among the loudest voices of Prevention of Violence Against Women and Girls in Delta state.

She gives a brief about her journey into politics, and why she intends to serve as a lawmaker in the Delta State House of Assembly, as she intend to Represent the people of Ndokwa East Constituency hopefully come 2023. According to her, politics is a means to governing the people.

"My earnest desire and deep-seated motivation are drawn from the fact that our people of Ndokwa nationality deserves more than they're getting from the polity and the political class. The consistent and endless under- performance of successive administrations made it imperative for me to step forward to reverse the normalization self-aggrandizing governance and non- performance.

"It is time for NELGA to try something diametrically different. We as a people must develop and demonstrate an indepth revulsion for mediocrity in governance and leadership. I humbly present myself to drive this change by the instrumentality of legislation.

"I have noted with pain the devious and deficient handling of public affairs by our political leaders. So, I am here to make my people see that governance is not rocket science. Governance doesn't take away the humanity and humaneness in us. Governance encapsulates compassion that drives the delivery of all that are lawfully due to the citizens, both the proletariat and the bourgeoisie.

"Being a leader doesn't require a title; Having a title doesn't make you one. Leadership is all about effective performance for visible and verifiable social development. I offer my humble self to do that for you from the House of Assembly.

Her Biography

Onyekachukwu is a young passionate and energetic Nigerian woman with an undying commitment to the common good. She is passionate about the transformation of societies and has demonstrated that passion in all her public and private engagements.

As a public servant, Onyeka has been involved in initiating and managing various grassroots initiatives aimed at empowering the girl child in Ndokwa East and beyond and has served the people of Ndokwa East effectively through the office of the Special Assistant to the Chairperson on Child Right, Women Advocacy and Development, as well as via various public initiatives.

In her private engagements, Onyeka has been actively involved in several youth development initiatives seeking to improve the mental and social capacities of our young people and to improve their opportunities for growth and economic progress. Through the make Your Life Count Organization, she along with many other well-meaning Deltans have held high-impact leadership development and skills-building public events for young people in Delta state.

Onyekachukwu Mabel Adinkwu is a Ph.D. Student of the University of Benin, and currently holds a BSc in Botany, an MSc in Environmental Plant Physiology as well as various other professional and academic certificates including a Certificate in Emotional CPR and Compassionate Integrity. She is equally a Trained Trainer in the Prevention of Violence Against Women and Girls. Onyeka is a development practitioner, social commentator, and public affairs analyst.

Re: Why I Want To Represent My People In Ndokwa East Constituency --mabel Adinkwu by lolanews: 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
We need more women in politics
Re: Why I Want To Represent My People In Ndokwa East Constituency --mabel Adinkwu by BBBricks: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
We?
I can't say anything about we but lemme speak for myself. As far as Nigeria is concerned she isn't ready for more women in politics

Thirty six states in Nigeria, nineteen are Northern states, that's more than half, if you include the fct, which by God's grace happened to fall within the north central,

Ask yourself do women go out in the north? Do they buy and sell in the markets? Even a toddler know the answer to that!
Fast forward to 2022, how many women have N100 million naira to buy form for election or declaration of interest

You made a very good point but current Nigerian politics is not made for women at all at all!

It is well!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Next President / Ike Ekweremadu And Wife “beatrice” Arrested Over Child Trafficking / Tinubu Full Birthday Message And Wishes To Femi Gbajabiamila (pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.