Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks (2425 Views)

FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity / Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy / Reps Approve Bill To Create State Police, Security Outfits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Kingspin(m): 1:59am On Jun 20, 2022
Nigerians should come out from the sentiment, swallow their pride and vote wisely.
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by maybet081: 5:06am On Jun 20, 2022
Esama:
Man go back to your senrreatorial district and contest for senator if you still want to relevant in politics after 2023 for you to be dreaming of becoming Nigeria president is a huge joke taking too serious.
thanks for your advice, however remember is never bad to have dreams, please allow him to his dreams February 2023 is not far, time solves some wahalas. Was he once a governor?
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by SmartPolician: 6:39am On Jun 20, 2022
saintjimos:
Subsidy removal is okay but the state police will become a political hunting agency in the hands of the state govt
Except the officers will be oriented and their superiors

We have tried federal police for decades yet it didn't work.

Isn't it reasonable to try a different thing?

What we need is a federal institution monitoring the activities of state police to avoid abuse.
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 20, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Pathetic liar! undecided
Son of a pathetic vagabond!
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by colestephan86: 6:50am On Jun 20, 2022
OdogwuBlog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo0hDWatZhk

Don't Use Because of Tribe and Suffer for another 8 Years.

Vote wisely !!!
Will. He just command state police to start like an engine?
The senate will be a big determinant of the process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Ivimmanuel: 7:03am On Jun 20, 2022
Subsidy is fraud? Buhari told us this when petrol prize was N97 a litre
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Switruth: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Pathetic liar! undecided
U don’t have mb
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2022
Grgton:
your reasons sir
His was the first State governor in Nigeria to form and fund state vigilante service.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Xbobtage: 7:18am On Jun 20, 2022
m
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by buckeyemedia: 8:04am On Jun 20, 2022
PresidObi:
This man will.make the best president ever. Security is local, only local guys can police their states.

We will all vote for you because of this

Everyday, more Nigerians find more good reasons to love Peter Obi more.

Waiting for your inauguration Sir.
Ignorance is indeed really a disease, is it The President that will create State Police or the National Assembly?
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by buckeyemedia: 8:12am On Jun 20, 2022
SmartPolician:

We have tried federal police for decades yet it didn't work.

Isn't it reasonable to try a different thing?

What we need is a federal institution monitoring the activities of state police so avoid abuse.
State Police? Jehovah forbid.

You can’t manage the one you have, you are looking to create another crooked set of thieves to start an ethnic war?

As the white man says, it is always greener on the other side to the oblivious ones.

If there was State Police, would Okorocha have handed over to Uzodinma, or Fayose handed over power to Fayemi?

Absolute nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by SmartPolician: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
buckeyemedia:
State Police? Jehovah forbid.

You can’t manage the one you have, you are looking to create another crooked set of thieves to start an ethnic war?

As the white man says, it is always greener on the other side to the oblivious ones.

If there was State Police, would Okorocha have handed over to Uzodinma, or Fayose handed over power to Fayemi?

Absolute nonsense.

You were probably too emotional that you didn't read the last paragraph.

A state police is possible in Nigeria, unless we have decided to become a shithole country forever. Just the way the CBN regulates banks, a federal agency can monitor the activities of state police formations across the country.

If any state government abuses the police in his state, the federal institution will take over. Just the way the CBN takes over "sick banks". The agency continues to run it until the end of that governor's tenure. It means that it is temporarily converted to a federal police until the end of that administration.

Running a country is no rocket science - you just need a bit of common sense to achieve that.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by engrchykae(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2022
saintjimos:
Subsidy removal is okay but the state police will become a political hunting agency in the hands of the state govt
local police is already there.
Vigilantes are already there and you don't want to mess with local vigilantes.
If they handle you , you will beg for police to handle you.
They know their neighborhood very well
It's far better than the silly police that use basket approach to investigate crime(arrest every tom , dick and Harry and now make money from bail money)
Suffer no dey tire una?
Useless Nigerians
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by engrchykae(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2022
perez100:
The State Police will tackle senseless killings by Fulani Herdsmen. The people will be able to protect themselves.

Nigerians need Peter Obi. If we miss this opportunity and allow the 2 old criminals that are sharing what they looted from us to rule Nigeria, then you will pay tax before you own television in Nigeria.

You will not have credible elections in Nigeria again because somebody like Tinubu will impose candidates in all states in Nigeria. Nothing for opposition parties again. The 2 old criminals will make Nigerians suffer and bleed to death.

Peter Obi proved himself in Anambra State as a Governor and he asked one question.

Tell me any State in Nigeria that saved 10% of what he saved for Anambra State.
Maybe it's even better that tinubu makes Nigeria weak so that Biafra will leave with little fight
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2022
If Obi is serious about subsidy removal, good.
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2022
Bihari too lied to us
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by kingsley38162: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2022
Subsidy removal is okay but the state police will become a political hunting agency in the hands of the state govt Except the officers will be oriented and their superiorsSubsidy removal is okay but the state police will become a political hunting agency in the hands of the state govt Except the officers will be oriented and their superiors...
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by lereinter(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2022
Placeholder is talking

buhari, sng, apc, tam David west said more than that in 2015
Re: Subsidy Is Fraud , I Will Create State Police - Peter Obi Speaks by lereinter(m): 10:07am On Jun 20, 2022
saintjimos:

Federal police isn't hunted by agency of government Abi

The owo issue could be nipped by state police, even if it happens the governor will be giving match orders to the state police to get dem

The federal police will just be an assist help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Media Team Portraying Osinbajo Primary School Picture As Tinubu's (photo) / APC Thugs Attacking People In Surulere Right Now / Labour Party Sweeps 5 LGA In Plateau State With Huge Margin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.