Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application (2342 Views)

See My Mern Stack Web App With Google Login And Redux Toolkit. / Omo! See My MERN Full Stack Diamon Web App (frontend And Backend) / Nigeria Mern Stack And Javascript Developers Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 2:53am On Jun 20, 2022
Hi all, I just deployed an ecommerce web application for a fashion accessories store using React for the user interface components, Tailwind CSS for styling of the components and the Redux Toolkit for state management.

Payments are processed with Stripe and successful payments are saved to the database attached with details of the order made which the admin has the ability to update the order delivery status from the Admin dashboard which also has features such as the ability to add ,delete and update new or existing products.

The images for the products are uploaded to Firebase's storage and the URL address saved to the database, this greatly improves the response time of the web application and relieves the database the burden of handling the image uploads.

The user has a user panel from were they can track the shipping status of their orders, update their account details and manage the items in their Wishlist and Cart.

For the icons, the Material UI library icons were used as they have a low build size, the slides on the reviews section were made with the Swiper Js library and the validation of forms are done with the aid of the react-hook-form library.

The backend is handled using the Node.js runtime environment with Express as the server and MongoDB for the database management. The token for the logged in users is created and signed using JsonWebToken and the passwords are hashed with the Advanced Encryption Standard provided by the CryptoJs library.
The URL address is : https://maplestore.netlify.app
Thank you

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by Codepain: 3:28am On Jun 20, 2022
This is wonderful. Kudos

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by Belkid01(m): 4:46am On Jun 20, 2022
Good Stuff... The product card on mobile feels too big...

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by Brogrammer(m): 6:29am On Jun 20, 2022
Great job

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 7:24am On Jun 20, 2022
Codepain:
This is wonderful. Kudos
Thank you bro
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2022
Belkid01:
Good Stuff... The product card on mobile feels too big...
Thank you bro, I'll readjust it
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2022
Brogrammer:
Great job
Thank you bro
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:44am On Jun 20, 2022
This is very wonderful project. Where did you get the design from. Everything is just so well aligned. You are the guy who also did the carfaxt project. You are really amazing men.

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by remi1444: 8:08am On Jun 20, 2022
This is really nice. Permission to "steal" your colour code?

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devdev: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2022
remi1444:
Nice project... You need to fix the order receipt i.e your order was successful. Increase the width and add left and right padding.

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 8:46am On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
This is very wonderful project. Where did you get the design from. Everything is just so well aligned. You are the guy who also did the carfaxt project. You are really amazing men.
Thanks alot bro, the design was from Behance, created a moodboard with multiple designs and then combined different sections from them together to come up with mine.
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 8:47am On Jun 20, 2022
remi1444:
Thanks alot bro, sure bro, no problem.
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2022
devmek:
Thanks alot bro, the design was from Behance, created a moodboard with multiple designs and then combined different sections from them together to come up with mine.

That's amazing. Men if you built this yourself. I won't honestly mind starting you as a mid level frontend developer. You are so much better than I was when I started my first job.

7 Likes

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2022
devdev:

Nice project... You need to fix the order receipt i.e your order was successful. Increase the width and add left and right padding.
Thanks alot bro, will fix it up now, I honestly didn't even notice it cos I was just testing the payments on desktop, I appreciate.
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by JSXyoungboy: 9:46am On Jun 20, 2022
Guy you're a cheat code .it's crazy

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devdev: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2022
devmek:
Thanks alot bro, will fix it up now, I honestly didn't even notice it cos I was just testing the payments on desktop, I appreciate.
You are welcome
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 20, 2022
devmek:
Hi all, I just deployed an ecommerce web application for a fashion accessories store using React for the user interface components, Tailwind CSS for styling of the components and the Redux Toolkit for state management.

Payments are processed with Stripe and successful payments are saved to the database attached with details of the order made which the admin has the ability to update the order delivery status from the Admin dashboard which also has features such as the ability to add ,delete and update new or existing products.

The images for the products are uploaded to Firebase's storage and the URL address saved to the database, this greatly improves the response time of the web application and relieves the database the burden of handling the image uploads.

The user has a user panel from were they can track the shipping status of their orders, update their account details and manage the items in their Wishlist and Cart.

For the icons, the Material UI library icons were used as they have a low build size, the slides on the reviews section were made with the Swiper Js library and the validation of forms are done with the aid of the react-hook-form library.

The backend is handled using the Node.js runtime environment with Express as the server and MongoDB for the database management. The token for the logged in users is created and signed using JsonWebToken and the passwords are hashed with the Advanced Encryption Standard provided by the CryptoJs library.
Thank you

You should adjust the side bar bottom margin on mobile

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by jbreezy: 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
You are good guy

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
devdev:

You are welcome
Fixed it up now bro, thanks for pointing it out.

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
RenerdLiam:

You should adjust the side bar bottom margin on mobile
Thanks for pointing it out sir, I have fixed it up now.

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

That's amazing. Men if you built this yourself. I won't honestly mind starting you as a mid level frontend developer. You are so much better than I was when I started my first job.
Thanks alot bro, the tip of going to behance to get design inspirations you dropped on a thread has really been helpful, thank you sir.
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
JSXyoungboy:
Guy you're a cheat code .it's crazy
Thanks bro, I appreciate
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
jbreezy:
You are good guy
Thanks alot bro
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
devmek:
Thanks for pointing it out sir, I have fixed it up now.

That looks good now
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by bluebloodxvi: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
devmek:

Thank you

Good morning boss. I'm planning to start learning programming and web design next month, and I'm really inspired by your work. If you don't mind, can you tell me how long you've been in the programming space, and I will really appreciate it if you could give me a step by step guide from how you started till date and the study materials you used. God bless you
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
bluebloodxvi:

Good morning boss. I'm planning to start learning programming and web design next month, and I'm really inspired by your work. If you don't mind, can you tell me how long you've been in the programming space, and I will really appreciate it if you could give me a step by step guide from how you started till date and the study materials you used. God bless you
Good afternoon bro, I am still a newbie and I started last year with the Web developer Bootcamp course by Colt Steele and Advanced CSS course by Jonas Schmedtmann on Udemy. You can follow tensazangetsu20 here as he created a thread properly documenting the path he took to land a job, it's quite comprehensive and rich.

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
You are good bro.
Not a bad idea to include an admin dashboard.

Colt Steele have really saved live's even without knowing

My friend and course mate a Co-founder and lead engineer @ Lazerpay was also his disciples

2 Likes

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by bluebloodxvi: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
devmek:
Good afternoon bro, I am still a newbie and I started last year with the Web developer Bootcamp course by Colt Steele and Advanced CSS course by Jonas Schmedtmann on Udemy. You can follow tensazangetsu20 here as he created a thread properly documenting the path he took to land a job, it's quite comprehensive and rich.

Thanks for your reply boss. More grease to your elbow ��
Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
You are good bro.
Not a bad idea to include an admin dashboard.

Colt Steele have really saved live's even without knowing

My friend and course mate a Co-founder and lead engineer @ Lazerpay was also his disciples
Thanks alot bro, it does have an admin dashboard

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 23, 2022
nice one boss

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by nurez305(m): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
this is just too good. excellent

1 Like

Re: My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application by devmek: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
branham890:
nice one boss
Thank you bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Want To Learn Spamming / Machine Learning On Nairaland / Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.