Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1447654 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) ... (4633) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 9:15am On Mar 07, 2023
afrodoc2:
Lying machine not Lieing machine.

Abeg I wouldn’t have complained but you repeated it so much.

All protocol duly observed sir.

Thanks sir. Lemme modify. I really do appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2023
But the army said Sanwo-Olu invited them nau.
Abi army dey lie?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 9:18am On Mar 07, 2023
monerozi5590:

Thanks sir. Lemme modify. I really do appreciate.

No qualms. 👍
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:24am On Mar 07, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....... some folks believe it on this board too. Fake news eh!

I don't blame anybody believing it, u know fake news dey sweet wella 😂

I just hate that shit
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2023
I can't hear you from afar use a megaphone, sir
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

I don't blame anybody believing it, u know fake news dey sweet wella 😂

I just hate that shit

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 9:37am On Mar 07, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
But the army said Sanwo-Olu invited them nau.
Abi army dey lie?
if you actually want to know what happened, this will be easy.

The protest was being hijacked. Thugs were becoming apparent. Curfew was declared to curb any criminalities. This was to avoid criminals taking advantage of the protest. Sanwo-Olu invited the Nigerian Army to help maintain curfew. Why? Because Police officers were off the street either by violence or fear of their lives. There was literally very few operating police stations.A curfew without an enforcer is no curfew

The Army was correct to say Sanwo-olu invited them to take care of the curfew. Sanwo-olu didn't pick his phone and call the COAS. He called the president to request for help. The president ordered the deployment of soldiers living in Lagos barracks to take over the security architecture.
The Army didn't say Sanwo-olu invited them to Toll-gate.
The Army came to Toll-gate because they were enforcing the curfew. The people at the Toll-gate were breaking the curfew.

Nobody invited the Army to Toll-gate except the protesters. The army would have gone to Ajengule if that was the location of the protesters after the commencement of curfew.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2023
Who else is following the news from Francophone African countries and France?

Why is France so invested in this "sovereign " countries?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 9:42am On Mar 07, 2023
monerozi5590:
Dele Alake made me watch Obi's Press Conference.

Dele said Obi is a Lying Machine grin grin. Obi can lie sha.

Obi in his words said ""In this society we have where someone suddenly became a SAN without going through Law School "'" Who is the person? Obi should tell us oh.

Obi was busy calling out statistics and said the reason why there were low turnout of voters was because people were busy manipulating results. grin grin grin. Another lie. There were many reasons for that sir.

Obi said a school offered him professorship but he rejected it. Looks like lie to me. No Nigeria University will award a professor to a degree holder. Obi only had some entrepreneurship education he doesn't have any master's. FUTO that was dragged left, right and centre for awarding Pantami a professorship. This is someone that has a PhD and has also lectured before oh.

Obi was crying that a girl doesn't have 75k or thereabouts to afford Oven. Obi go carry everything play politics. Na waoh.

This man Obi is truly a Lying Machine. grin grin grin.
Abeg wey the video make I watch.

Thanks.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:44am On Mar 07, 2023
Nostradamus1:

The protest was being hijacked. Thugs were becoming apparent. Curfew was declared to curb any criminalities. This was to avoid criminals taking advantage of the protest. Sanwo-Olu invited the Nigerian Army to help maintain curfew. Why? Because Police officers were off the street either by violence or fear of their lives. There was literally very few operating police stations.A curfew without an enforcer is no curfew

The Army was correct to say Sanwo-olu invited them to take care of the curfew. Sanwo-olu didn't pick his phone and call the COAS. He called the president to request for help. The president ordered the deployment of soldiers living in Lagos barracks to take over the security architecture.
The Army came to Toll-gate because they were enforcing the curfew. The people at the Toll-gate were breaking the curfew.

Nobody invited the Army to Toll-gate except the protesters. The army would have gone to Ajengule if that was the location of the protesters after the commencement of curfew.
You get time bro, Some people will be here and confidently talking about there
Does he even have the authority of using the Army
That's how his oga will be ignorantly yarning dust about america politics

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 9:53am On Mar 07, 2023
FBS:

Abeg wey the video make I watch.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTqh-a4zUu8

That's Dela Alake calling Obi a Lying Machine.

You can watch Obi's Press Conference too. Just type that on YouTube and it will come up.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:54am On Mar 07, 2023
.... I guess this is kinda protest DonJ has been preaching here??!

https://twitter.com/Equityoyo/status/1632815505982586881?t=7NOQS2hvLSw5gej6Eph15Q&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

At this stage I think he will lose,he's appearing too desperate
I just saw Desmond elliot now. Lol

He is really walking around himself and meeting people

Pressure really ti wa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2023

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 9:56am On Mar 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

You get time bro, Some people will be here and confidently talking about there
Does he even have the authority of using the Army
That's how his oga will be ignorantly yarning dust about america politics
I am honestly tired. The thing is even trending on the Twitter with the below photo attached. Like how can you see the photo below and equate it to invitation to Lekki Toll gate.

Left for me, ASUU will not be paid salary for 10 years until they can assure us that graduates has ability to comprehend

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:58am On Mar 07, 2023
grin grin

New vision don land..... LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:00am On Mar 07, 2023
Itsrm:

The result of Rivers State is being uploaded to the INEC server at the moment. PO is winning Obio Akpor and Phalga by a landslide as expected, Tinubu is clearing the rural areas.

All the noise about rigging on social media may just have been overblown.

Just as we stated, Obi won Rivers State. The results INEC declared and what's on the IReV are as contradictory as night and day.

Obio Akpor LGA is just one of the many altered examples.

We told them you can't be a man born of a woman to mention Tinubu even at Oil Mill Junction, Obio Akpor LGA in 2022 and beyond, but they argued. INEC declared doctored reports and shameless crass nitwits with the moral compasses of drugged piranhas were celebrating, even on this thread.

Now that the true picture has been revealed, what are we met with? Silence. Ominous silence.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:01am On Mar 07, 2023
cool

APC did well in South East in senatorial Election. Good results I must say.

SOUTH EAST:

Ebonyi (APC, APC, APC)

Abia (APC, LP, APGA)

Anambra (LP, LP, YPP)

Enugu (PDP, LP, undeclared)

Imo (APC, APC, LP)

TOTAL:

APC: 6 Senators

LP: 5 Senators

PDP: 1 Senator

APGA: 1 Senator

YPP: 1 Senator
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2023
Nostradamus1:

Some of u just like lying to yourselves . There were recorded cases of Violence in Orile, Mushin, Ikotun, etc and other parts of Lagos but the protest in Lekki were recorded to be very peaceful. The protesters sweep the floor every blessed day after feeding themselves on the protest ground and even give motivational talks everyday.

Why did the army go to Lekki to shoot at unarmed protesters when u have thugs rampaging in Orile, Mushin, Agege, Ikotun,etc?

Don't forget the first time thugs attacked protesters in Alausa Ikeja, the thugs were captured coming down from LASG owned buses.

By the way, the thug below who was one of those whom attacked protesters in Alausa was linked to Obasa the Lagos state speaker. Has Lagos state police command arrested him till date ?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 10:15am On Mar 07, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:
The truth is matter of governance shouldn't be about personality flaws rather how responsive you have been with leadership opportunities. Harrison might have a lot of personalities issues like everyone else but one thing outstanding going on for him is ability to stand up for the voiceless through his NGO and get justice for the common man and for me that makes him eligible. I mean is there anyone else that supposedly to have contest without any character blemish? I doubt just that some of them not popular will easily hide. My point is as long as none of the issues raised has no direct bearing to leadership qualities there's no point to disparage him or discounted him. He has done much as a private individual than most of constituents representatives, he became popular due to his constant fight for the down trodden and even put his life on the line. I don't think there's any other quality bigger than that from people's representative.

But this is what I actually think.

I believe there is a relationship between them.

But anyhow sha, let's be seeing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2023
Donjazet2:

Yes of course, you can't respond to the very insensitive and foolish post you made, you're looking for who go join you fight.

Disst.roy was very correct in stating that many of you who were forming neutral really weren't after all.. you've been defending the nonsenses that wike did because it favors you but no p. We see through it.

Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter... There were and are no neutrals. Some whose very existence (socioeconomically, especially) depends on the entrenchment of the status quo and currying favours from those who walk the crime-painted halls of power were playing it safe.

For many, their support of either of the two main political parties' presidential candidates meant they could fall back on something at the state or national level if their projections don't go right. Even safer if they could do it without being seen to go against the tide (Obi).

There were no neutrals, really. The wave of trolling instigated mostly by the supposed neutrals on this thread (and on social media generally) in the aftermath of the irregularities by INEC in announcing the result is a pointer to it.

There are still many who don't want to comment openly so as not to contradict the stance(s) of their 'egbons' from whom they might curry favours of whatever type at some point in the future.

It's their right to do so, but that pretence of disinterest or aloofness is a façade.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:18am On Mar 07, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Some of u just like lying to yourselves . There were recorded cases of Violence in Orile, Mushin, Ikotun, etc and other parts of Lagos but the protest in Lekki were recorded to be very peaceful. The protesters sweep the floor every blessed day after feeding themselves on the protest ground and even give motivational talks everyday.

Why did the army go to Lekki to shoot at unarmed protesters when u have thugs rampaging in Orile, Mushin, Agege, Ikotun,etc?

Don't forget the first time thugs attacked protesters in Alausa Ikeja, the thugs were captured coming down from LASG owned buses.

By the way, the thug below who was one of those whom attached protesters in Alausa was linked to Obasa the Lagos state speaker. Has Lagos state police command arrested him till date ?
We agree it was peaceful but they were blocking a major road
Yes or No, sanwoolu came to plead with them to atleast move and let others go by their business
That was how sorosoke werey originated from, he took their case to abuja and sars were disbanded yet they didn't leave

The day you will see this your guy ehn grin grin
Funny enough he's around agege side smoking his life away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 10:24am On Mar 07, 2023
Some humans are very funny. grin

The fact that they think being born some few years earlier, by the mixing of a sperm and egg to form them has conferred on them some special title of Sage is hilarious. It doesn't mean shit.

Our cultures are replete with proverbs of ****** kids growing up to be ******* adults, without having learnt nothing all their lives.

And I am also very certain that some of us understand the proverb in particular that talks about how an older person who drags him or herself on the floor will be disrespected by kids. It's not any child's fault.

Having no principles and being a supporter of perverted processes doesn't make you a sensible person.

It only reveals your lack of morals, and hypocrisy, and exaltation of ills so long as you're probably getting "contracts" that benefits your own self and family.

Dfkm, please.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 10:24am On Mar 07, 2023
BlueRayDick:

By the way, the thug below who was one of those whom attached protesters in Alausa was linked to Obasa the Lagos state speaker. Has Lagos state police command arrested him till date ?
in this life, you can make learning easy for you or hard for you. I was responding to the prompt that Sanwo-olu didn't invite NA to Toll-gate.

I also stated that they went there because the protesters at that point and time, were breaking curfew. For the above areas you mentioned, what is their proximity to the barracks and where protesters still active at the time of curfew?
If I recall correctly, the soldiers were from Ikeja Catonement.

TL:DR Soldiers were not sent by Samwo-olu. Soldiers explained that they were close to Lekki when they heard of Curfew being broken. If Curfew was broken in other Iocations, it is a question on the response of the NA not The governor or the President.

PS: it is imperative we know that "policing" is not the duty of the NA. Your last question is for Ben Hundeyin as I am not affiliated with the NPF.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:37am On Mar 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

We agree it was peaceful but they were blocking a major road
Yes or No, sanwoolu came to plead with them to atleast move and let others go by their business
That was how sorosoke werey originated from, he took their case to abuja and sars were disbanded yet they didn't leave

The day you will see this your guy ehn grin grin
Funny enough he's around agege side smoking his life away

Blueray is forgetting that before the protest turn something else that Sanwo-Olu actually came out to join the protesters, listened to their grievances and speak with them that he will take their grievances to the President which he did. He even held the Endsar flag and placard with the protestors but what did he get, disrespect.

Theres nothing Sanwo-Olu will do that some will agree with anyways so its understandable.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2023
Nostradamus1:
in this life, you can make learning easy for you or hard for you. I was responding to the prompt that Sanwo-olu didn't invite NA to Toll-gate.

I also stated that they went there because the protesters at that point and time, were breaking curfew. For the above areas you mentioned, what is their proximity to the barracks and where protesters still active at the time of curfew?
If I recall correctly, the soldiers were from Ikeja Catonement.

TL:DR Soldiers were not sent by Samwo-olu. Soldiers explained that they were close to Lekki when they heard of Curfew being broken. If Curfew was broken in other Iocations, it is a question on the response of the NA not The governor or the President.

PS: it is imperative we know that "policing" is not the duty of the NA. Your last question is for Ben Hundeyin as I am not affiliated with the NPF.

U just keep making shiit out of ur head. The timeline of events on that fateful day is on the chelsea official thread; all these revisionism makes absolute no sense to some of us who remember vividly how everything played out that day.

Sanwoolu declared curfew around noon that day and expected somebody living in Sango Ota but working After Lagos Business School to get home before 4pm.....smh. Sanwoolu didn't handle the protest well and was complicit in how things eventually turned out that day. No amount of whitewashing will erase that fact. Some of our loved ones nearly got caught up in the mad rush that night, so we remember vividly well

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:45am On Mar 07, 2023
Yeah, Sawoolu joined the protesters and carried ENDSARS placard to show solidarity with the peaceful protesters. That is a fact.

It is also a fact that that thugs were caught on camera descending from BRT buses after which they attacked peaceful protesters.

Two truths can coexist abi no be so oyinbo man dey talk am?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:49am On Mar 07, 2023
raumdeuter:
Has anyone watched Chris Rock on Netflix

I love his comedy and I recommend

Chris Rock no funny but I go watch for that Will Smith take
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2023
larride:

Blueray is forgetting that before the protest turn something else that Sanwo-Olu actually came out to join the protesters, listened to their grievances and speak with them that he will take their grievances to the President which he did. He even held the Endsar flag and placard with the protestors but what did he get, disrespect.

Theres nothing Sanwo-Olu will do that some will agree with anyways so its understandable.
Exactly na this one vex me pass, the day i watched that clip of sorosoke werey i felt embarassed
I think he supported them with refreshment too not sure
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 10:55am On Mar 07, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U just keep making shiit out of ur head. The timeline of events on that fateful day is on the chelsea official thread; all these revisionism makes absolute no sense to some of us who remember vividly how everything played out that day.

Sanwoolu declared curfew around noon that day and expected somebody living in Sango Ota but working After Lagos Business School to get home before 4pm.....smh. Sanwoolu didn't handle the protest well and was complicit in how things eventually turned out that day. No amount of whitewashing will erase that fact. Some of our loved ones nearly got caught up in the mad rush that night, so we remember vividly well

Omo. I am tired.

Facts:
1-The Governor declared a 24-hour curfew from 4pm.
2- The Army arrived at 6:45pm according to several verified sources.
3-The protesters demand have been met and the governor advised them to go home.

Information we can glean;
Those at the Lekki Toll-gate were protesters "intent" on breaking curfew.
Because of how digitalized the protests was, Majority of the protesters were aware of the curfew within minutes of its announcement. Some of the protest leaders were intent on breaking the curfew as evidenced by their post on SM.
An ongoinging protest at 6:45pm is a potential source for criminal events.

Regarding the bolded assertion of yours, Very few innocent, if any, were caught in Lekki at 6:45pm. These innocents were held back because of the protesters who were intent on breaking the law. It is funny you are blaming the governor for youths intentionally breaking the law and putting others in danger.

Finally, this has nothing to do with my earlier discourse that Sanwo-olu did not invite the soldiers to Toll-gate. If you agree with that, there is no further need for this debate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Yeah, Sawoolu joined the protesters and carried ENDSARS placard to show solidarity with the peaceful protesters. That is a fact.

It is also a fact that that thugs were caught on camera descending from BRT buses after which they attacked peaceful protesters.

Two truths can coexist abi no be so oyinbo man dey talk am?
That is what I am saying because thugs and other things happen doesn't mean he was in charge and you don't expect him to go against his boss na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:58am On Mar 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Exactly na this one vex me pass, the day i watched that clip of sorosoke werey i felt embarassed
I think he supported them with refreshment too not sure

Leadership is not easy especially when you are dealing with people that has sworn not to see anything good in whatever you do.

Sanwo na gentleman sha

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) ... (4633) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: islamics(m), Emaprince, ouzo1(m), NerdSciBot, Android17, Ihebu4chelsea(m), GrammarNazi1(m), kad199 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.