Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,609 members, 7,843,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1515776 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) ... (4725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:12am On Mar 25, 2023
Nezzjnr:
Nekwe Landlord cheesy cheesy cheesy
The landlord that wanted to increase rent..and saying he won't sell land for 500m.

A begger for that matter.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 7:16am On Mar 25, 2023
Emaprince:
The landlord that wanted to increase rent..and saying he won't sell land for 500m.

A begger for that matter.
That's what we call Faith na

Prophecy into your life cheesy

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don’t pity people like that ; they feel they are doing a good job talking down on other people online . Sometimes u need to wonder if God is delaying their blessings cos of the kinda e veil thoughts in their minds.

Imagine a man without owing 1 centimeter of land thinking like him; only God knows whether he won’t do more than rent increment sef if indeed he owns lands and houses . Like increase house rent because because u and ur tenant don’t agree on the same political ideology ?
Apart from the fact that he's an Online Landlord.

I have an issue with him bringing children to the world while he's still suffering.

His wife just gave birth.... Omooooo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:23am On Mar 25, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:26am On Mar 25, 2023
A001:

While slavery has long been abolished and has ended, it's worthwhile to note that slavery exists in different forms: physically and mentally.

The physical type of slavery has ended. But the mental type (religion) is still waxing strong: Billions of religious people in the world are religious and in some form of mental slavery.

Though many people will disagree, the origin of slavery and racism lies in religion, especially the traditional religions and Abrahamic religions.

Generally, religious people regard themselves as a slave of their god. Yet, this god is just an ancestor, a past being.

Even if you disagree with this glaring fact, you can't deny the human-like traits of your god in his religious text.

In the past, some adherents of African traditional religions engaged in slave trade among themselves and even sold their fellow Africans to the Europeans and Arabs.

Christianity and Islam were important tools the slave masters used to conquer the minds of their African slaves.

Even if slave trade wasn't illegal in the past, it has always been wrong and amoral and will always remain so.

The historical contributions of these religions, especially Christianity and Islam, and their gods to slavery should always be remembered.

These religions, which are mere political tools of mind control, have over time limited the growth and development of this planet.

While the African traditional religions have their numerous flaws, they're still the best choice for Africans that feel they can't do without a religion.

Any true son/daughter of the soil should take time to research the history of slavery and colonialism in Africa, especially the trans-atlantic slave trade and Arab slave trade and note how Christianity and Islam served as a key tool that helped European and Arab slave masters and colonialists successfully enslave their fellow humans (who they regarded as "properties" ).

If you're sensible as an African, you'd know those two religions are an existential threat to all that you hold dear (your family, culture, values, norms, traditions) as an African.

Due to these religions, Africans have lost most of their history, and their cultures have become weakened.

European and Arab slave masters and colonialists deliberately destroyed monuments and cultural sites in Africa to wipe out African history.

Christianity and Islam are mere elements of the European and Arabic cultures respectively. Nothing special in them.

Knowing African history as a (black) race and preserving it is crucial to our survival and development on this planet.

If you're too weak mentally and too unintelligent to learn and preserve your history and culture as a people, other peoples (cultures) that are mentally stronger than you will manufacture and rewrite your history for you and enslave you with it.

A people that don't know their history won't grow and develop because they'll always repeat the mistakes of the past, won't be able to learn from their past mistakes, and will soon become a dead/extinct people (culture).
Religion, a tool for enslavement (mentally and physically).

https://www.thecable.ng/slave-trade-church-of-england-apologises-for-shameful-past-sets-up-100m-fund/amp

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:34am On Mar 25, 2023
Nezzjnr:

Apart from the fact that he's an Online Landlord.

I have an issue with him bringing children to the world while he's still suffering.

His wife just gave birth.... Omooooo

That one na typical elegbon adugbo behavior .Dem go say the pikin go bring wetin he go chop from heaven
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:59am On Mar 25, 2023
A001:
Empty brain criticising Nigerian politicians when he's much worse. If imbes like you get to powerful positions in the country/continent, the black (African) race will soon become extinct.

Foolish people like this should always be kept as far as possible away from the corridors of power.

We need politicians that are thinkers to lead, not dimwits.
shut up your mouth... Rabbit 🐰 🐇

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:21am On Mar 25, 2023
Reasoning: A panacea to world's problems

In the ultimate guide to rationality, Steven Pinker, who is a renowned Canadian cognitive psychologist, author, and atheist, "speaks to Big Think in this wide-ranging conversation on topics such as human progress, the tragedy of the commons, Bayesian reasoning, and strategies to curb our most destructive instincts, with the ultimate goal of improving the world for everyone.

"Central to Pinker’s argument is the promotion of rationality. Pinker maintains that humans are not innately irrational; instead, our thought processes are better adapted to low-tech environments.

"So, how can we cultivate greater rationality in today’s complex world? Pinker believes that one key lies in improving education.

"By teaching children critical thinking skills, we can better equip them to identify biases, emotional reasoning, and cognitive distortions. A more effective educational approach might emphasize probability theory, the elements of persuasive rhetoric, and developing empathy by understanding the perspectives of those with differing viewpoints.

By fostering these skills, we can nurture a more rational and informed society capable of addressing the challenges of our modern era."

What is Bayesian reasoning?

Bayesian reasoning is a statistical approach to making inferences about an unknown quantity of interest based on prior knowledge and new information.

Tips to apply Bayesian reasoning in everyday life:

Remember your priors
Priors are usually stereotypical thinking people have about different things.

Combining the prior knowledge you have with the evidence you observe gives you a more certain and robust conclusion.

Think of the counterfactuals

Don’t stick to your priors forever

We are sometimes stubborn to admit making mistakes. But we should change our mindset to “I am updating my beliefs based on evidence I’ve gathered so that it is closer to the truth”.

Luwabian reasoning

According to Otem, the origin of the Yoruba word, "omoluwabi" is a Yoruba man (a philosopher and moralist) that bears Luwabi born in the 140,000th year of the homo sapiens era (we're in the 282,023th year according to him). He offers compelling evidence for the various stories and histories in his book.

Otem calls Luwabi an ancestor of today's Yoruba people.

In Luwabian reasoning, "Morality is natural, immorality is a habit developed. Morality makes a nation, but terrorism tears it apart. But if you develop morality because you were first immoral, then it means you are coming back to your natural self. Think before you act, so that you don’t end up putting a finger of regret in your mouth. Do not agree easily (with others) until you see reasons why you should agree." -- Book of Universal History (pp. 281-286)

I believe a world developed based on reasoning (critical thinking) will help humanity solve its myriad problems, including slavery (or slave trade), poverty, diseases, climate change, and others, and make the world a better place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:22am On Mar 25, 2023
A001:
Empty brain criticising Nigerian politicians when he's much worse. If imbes like you get to powerful positions in the country/continent, the black (African) race will soon become extinct.
Foolish people like this should always be kept as far as possible away from the corridors of power.
We need politicians that are thinkers to lead, not dimwits.

Geestenjay, your grouse with me seems to stem either from a misunderstanding of my position or a display of selective bias on African history and past.

You are angry with me for calling African history barbaric, and maybe you think that in me calling African history barbaric, I also look favorably at European history or other regions history.

OR you yourself want to look at other people's history as very terrible and African history as a good thing.
Except, the simple truth is that the human race evolved from simple minded barbarity. No empire of the past came through without violent bloodshed and innumerable atrocities by modern day standards.

2000 years ago, African empires constantly battled themselves for supremacy, subjugation and expansion. Not even foreigners but sometimes, tribesmen against neighboring tribes tribesmen. One Yoruba village against another Yoruba village, one Igbo vs another igbo town. Anioma vs aniocha battle is a tale told till today where kinds sacrificed their own women to gain an upper hand.

Then talking about African cultural practices, you see the most ignorant and barbarity of the barbarics.

Legalized institutionalized incest. Where if a father of a household died, the son could inherit his own mother as a wife.

Mass murdering of babies; where innocent twins were slaughtered in their numbers.

Mass murdering of albinos; where albinos were slaughtered at birth.

Needless murdering of virgins when a king died.

Now mind you, some of these practices were not indigenous to only Africans, as I said earlier, our modern civilization grew from absolute carnage and barbarity. But for you to always point out that the atrocities of the western world and then sieve out that of your own ancestors or get violently angry when it is pointed out shows your hypocrisy or selective bias thereof.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:25am On Mar 25, 2023
Sooner or later , people will ditch the courts and go back to the ancient methods of sorting issues through fisticuffs .

Imagine Lagos state appealing this court judgement despite all of us watching the video and seeing how the guy was dehumanized on live video . Lagos state is claiming there’s no evidence the guy was tortured shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/7626610/sanwo-olu-rejects-5m-compensation-uber

Anyways sha , if na me be the Uber driver ; irrespective of what the court judgement is, that LNSC guy wey rough handle me that day must collect .( It May take weeks, months or even years but I will definitely trace him and he will get what’s coming for him )

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:28am On Mar 25, 2023
Donjazet2:

Geestenjay, your grouse with me seems to stem either from a misunderstanding of my position or a display of selective bias on African history and past.

You are angry with me for calling African history barbaric, and maybe you think that in me calling African history barbaric, I also look favorably at European history or other regions history.

OR you yourself want to look at other people's history as very terrible and African history as a good thing.
Except, the simple truth is that the human race evolved from simple minded barbarity. No empire of the past came through without violent bloodshed and innumerable atrocities by modern day standards.

2000 years ago, African empires constantly battled themselves for supremacy, subjugation and expansion. Not even foreigners but sometimes, tribesmen against neighboring tribes tribesmen. One Yoruba village against another Yoruba village, one Igbo vs another igbo town. Anioma vs aniocha battle is a tale told till today where kinds sacrificed their own women to gain an upper hand.

Then talking about African cultural practices, you see the most ignorant and barbarity of the barbarics.

Legalized institutionalized incest. Where if a father of a household died, the son could inherit his own mother as a wife.

Mass murdering of babies; where innocent twins were slaughtered in their numbers.

Now mind you, some of these practices were not indigenous to only Africans, as I said earlier, our modern civilization grew from absolute carnage and barbarity. But for you to always point out that the atrocities of the western world and then sieve out that of your own ancestors or get violently angry when it is pointed out shows your hypocrisy or selective bias thereof.
I don't have time to read your tripe. You're very ignorant of the history of humans on this planet.

If African history is useless and has no value because it has a barbaric past like all other regions of the world, it means world history is useless.

No time for silly discussions. Read wide; read books of world history, and broaden your narrow (parochial) scope.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 8:28am On Mar 25, 2023
Every race regardless of geography has practiced some form of human slavery whether purporting to assert dominance or dispensing justice at some point in time, somehow, it is a product of human nature not religion. Africans are not the only race to be enslaved. Before they were advanced, Europeans were enslaved and sold in markets like cattle by the Romans and latter by the Arabs for domestic use, Arabs enslaved Africans too. We can go as far back as the first known civilizations and find there is something we can define as 'slavery' in practice. Even before the Abrahamic religion Slavery was practiced on the African continent long before even western civilization emerged regardless of what 'kind' of 'slavery' you philosophize about, same can be said for the rest of the world, It's human nature.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 8:30am On Mar 25, 2023
Donjazet2:

Stop wasting your time. He doesn't know how to read and understand. He just runs with a narrative and keeps shouting with it calling you names along the way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:32am On Mar 25, 2023
Geestenjay, as we commemorate the atrocities of slavery on the modern world (which is a very good step to take), can we take a minute to highlight the role of Africans in enabling the enslavement of their fellow kinsmen?

Can you do a little justice in highlighting the role played by Africans in the Atlantic slave trade?

Yes we know that of course, the Europeans and Americans were ruthless slave merchants who cares not one bit for the slaves but can you teach us our own side of that history? How it was possible for slavery to thrive on our own African soul.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2023
Culture is only as relevant to the degree of progress the society that harbors it has achieved, and the more advanced the society, the better the values it has. Western culture stands at the top because the West is the most advanced society on Earth. Once upon a time western civilization found slavery acceptable. Once technological progress was enough that it rendered slave labor obsolete, slavery was ditched, and as a result a new set of cultural values was introduced: suddenly it was no longer moral to enslave people because there were better alternatives offered by technology and right now we are experiencing a similar situation about using animals as a food source, in the future it would probably be barbaric to kill animals for food. Certain places in Asia and South America embraced Western culture and successfully integrated it with their own. Africa did the same thing to a lesser Degree.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2023
Bombblacks:

Stop wasting your time. He doesn't know how to read and understand. He just runs with a narrative and keeps shouting with it calling you names along the way.

I had to engage because of roland17 who clearly doesn't see the simple-mindedness and callousness of the guy.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2023
Donjazet2:
Geestenjay, as we commemorate the atrocities of slavery on the modern world (which is a very good step to take), can we take a minute to highlight the role of Africans in enabling the enslavement of their fellow kinsmen?

Can you do a little justice in highlighting the role played by Africans in the Atlantic slave trade?

Yes we know that of course, the Europeans and Americans were ruthless slave merchants who cares not one bit for the slaves but can you teach us our own side of that history? How it was possible for slavery to thrive on our own African soul.
I've highlighted the role of Africans in slave trade and slavery (whether among Africans or involving foreigners) already this morning. The questions you asked have all been addressed in my posts on this thread in the past.

Nothing to discuss now that I've not said before here.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:45am On Mar 25, 2023
Imbe is too stupid to read clear statements in English
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2023
Yesterday, I shared a video on the history of the trans-Atlantic slave trade highlighting how some Africans aided the foreigners in selling off their fellow Africans as slaves to the whites and Arabs. This morning, I did the same thing in a post, but the foolish guy is obviously too dull to read.

He calls African history useless and of no value, but he's asking for African historical facts to be highlighted. Nothing but lunacy fit cause this
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2023
A001:

I don't have time to read your tripe.

You're very ignorant of the history of humans on this planet.

If African history is useless and has no value because it has a barbaric past like all other regions of the world, it means world history is useless.

No time for silly discussions. Read wide; read books of world history, and broaden your narrow (parochial) scope.

Another common foolishness you exhibit.

You post your nonsenses from wherever you find it and once someone engages it, you say you won't read it, that it's nonsense.

So you don't want your mind stimulated or your views challenged?

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:12am On Mar 25, 2023
Donjazet2:

Another common foolishness you exhibit.

You post your nonsenses from wherever you find it and once someone engages it, you say you won't read it, that it's nonsense.

So you don't want your mind stimulated or your views challenged?
Challenging my views is saying "African history is useless", "African cultures are barbaric, savage, and should be abolished". That's what you call a stimulating discussion?

You're free to challenge my posts like every other post on Nairaland, but if you do so with lies and foolish remarks, you're merely wasting your time.

Get rid of your bigotry and white supremacist ideas before engaging in intellectual discussions. "Africans should abolish their cultures because they are barbaric and backward and embrace the English culture"

This is what you call a stimulating submission. Something you can't even say among your fellow Ibos offline.

A people that are intelligent embrace and emulate the good aspects in other people's cultures whether in the West or Asia and assimilate these good aspects into their native culture while upholding their indigenous culture, not abolishing your culture completely and embracing the English culture, which will make you their (the whites') slaves again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:13am On Mar 25, 2023
Bombblacks:
Every race regardless of geography has practiced some form of human slavery whether purporting to assert dominance or dispensing justice at some point in time, somehow, it is a product of human nature not religion. Africans are not the only race to be enslaved. Before they were advanced, Europeans were enslaved and sold in markets like cattle by the Romans and latter by the Arabs for domestic use, Arabs enslaved Africans too. We can go as far back as the first known civilizations and find there is something we can define as 'slavery' in practice. Even before the Abrahamic religion Slavery was practiced on the African continent long before even western civilization emerged regardless of what 'kind' of 'slavery' you philosophize about, same can be said for the rest of the world, It's human nature.

Nigerians are currently practising child labour/slavery

What do you call it when you take a child into your house to perform menial duties and mind your own children?

What do you call it when children are put on the streets to earn money for the family?

What do you call it when rich Nigerians can pay poor Nigerians a pittance for their organs?

And it is Nigerians who will excuse all of this.

Nigerians regularly get in trouble in the UK in slavery beefs - where they bring people to do househelp work.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:17am On Mar 25, 2023
Roland17:
I really wish people will remove personal bias when they read @A001’s submissions about Africa, philosophy, culture and religion.

It is okay to disagree with many of his positions, I don’t agree with some but it’s also okay to also accept many of his positions have substance and are well written.

To those who have been engaged in this slave and cultural debate over the last 2 days, I am reading intently and impressed by the content from you guys.
The guy dey make sense, helps if he too reduce the cussing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:21am On Mar 25, 2023
The founding fathers (Greek philosophers) of the so-called advanced cultures in the Western civilizations schooled in ancient Egypt (Kemet), which was originally built and developed by black Africans.

The Europeans and Arabs destroyed the history of the blacks that built the ancient Egyptian civilization. They won't be able to bury the truth forever, and more people like Otem will arise in the future and reveal black history and their achievements in the past worlds.

African empires had been world powers in the past. Today, it's the turn of the Europeans, Americans, and Asians. Tomorrow, it'll be the turn of Africans.

That's the cycles of life. Life is not linear but occurs in cycles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shegzdave: 10:02am On Mar 25, 2023
Theflint1:
The guy dey make sense, helps if he too reduce the cussing.
I love reading his submissions about the topics he usually raise, but his engagement with other users are ruined due to the cuss words he used on them..

The dude seem intelligent andI think he’s angry cause he feels people aren’t seeing things from his perspective, he should engage people more and provide answers on the questions asked about the topic he raised...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2023
Shegzdave:

I love reading his submissions about the topics he usually raise, but his engagement with other users are ruined due to the cuss words he used on them..

The dude seem intelligent andI think he’s angry cause he feels people aren’t seeing things from his perspective, he should engage people more and provide answers on the questions asked about the topic he raised...
The quality of engagement on Nairaland is low. Some nonsensical posts on this forum are annoying and you wonder how the mentality of some posters can be so low and poor.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:37am On Mar 25, 2023
Walai na Roland17 cause this thing like this. 😡
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 10:39am On Mar 25, 2023
A001:

The quality of engagement on Nairaland is low. Some nonsensical posts on this forum are annoying and you wonder how the mentality of some posters can be so low and poor.

This is a faux mental superiority speaking through you.

Imagine the audacity to think that you are more intelligent or mentally superior to other nairalanders?

This a serious psychological complex you need to look into and rein into.
This is why I was calling you a very poor educator.

If you think someone or a group of people are less enlightened than you are, why don't you with patience, employ tools of persuasion?

How is it that the minute someone indulges your submissions, the person is met with a barrage of insults? How then could there be healthy dialogue and exchange of information?

I engaged you, I made a point you find highly troubling, but you saw I was ready to actually discuss my thought process with you, rather than educate me on what informs your view, you start raining abuses on me, how then do I get the opportunity to learn what you have to say?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by carsuperman: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2023
Ibime:

I'll pass. Crime solving series no consine me
Nothing I hate pass this kind
movie but I downloaded 1st 2 episodes of season1 just to see what people are so excited about, bros I dey SEASON8 now. The movie is dope
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:41am On Mar 25, 2023
I guess if Roland no make him post, I no go make my posts for today to remember the victims of the trans-atlantic slave trade.

Yoruba people in Trinidad and Tobago. These are among the victims of the trans-atlantic slave trade.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:43am On Mar 25, 2023
No time for unnecessary discussion. Propagate your dangerous ideologies among your fellow Igbo brothers offline.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Chude don learn his lessons, now humbled. Go and sin no more. Apologies accepted.

https://twitter.com/chude__/status/1639340538024296469?t=k5i8AOii5NNnmfyDG6AhHw&s=19

Oasis I am happy to see you celebrate state agencies arrest and lock up ordinary citizens for "peddling false news and defaming character". I think it shows that you are someone of good morals and devoid of hypocrisy and double standard.

Now, true to your non-hypocritical nature and lack of double standard, can we both agree that the person who made these statements below against a sitting president should be in jail right now where he can't see sunlight for the rest of his life? You know, seeing as we both support state agencies locking up citizens for dissent?

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) ... (4725) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: LordAdam16, GrammarNazi1(m), cephasdultimate, iamoyindamola(m), nihilistjnr, Itsrm(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.