Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1588993 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) ... (4870) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
izzou:

When Prosper wrote that yesterday, i just decided to leave the group

If he had done the maths to know how many doctors we will pay 750k, he won't have made that comment.

I didn't see this comment before I wrote mine.

How much Senators dey collect multiply bu 400 and divide that number by 1m suggested for each doctor
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

They definitely deserve a better working conditions and better remunerations.

Yes everyone in Nigeria deserves a better working condition and renumeration but can Nigeria afford it?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
Roland17:

Doc, this is what I have been trying to tell Dayo. We can’t eat our cake and have it. We can’t fail doctors who are by far one of the most important if not the most important and still tell them they can’t travel in a competitive market. What is 250K in a country with double digit inflation?

Between incessant strikes and accreditation issues, doctors spend 3 extra years in school, so what gives? Spending 5 years to pay back what? Were the fees agreed upon before admission as subsidized? If proponents of this bill don’t want doctors leaving them compel our politicians to fix the healthcare system in 5 years!

The world is now a global and competitive market. Few days ago @ibime was sharing how he is being recruited from out of UK for his skills. If you are a doctor in Nigeria ala Unlimited22, my brother, I know it is not easy, abeg find way comot, you are too young to sacrifice 5 years of your life. If you need my help abeg reach out.

These people are wicked! I see them here!! They come here and enjoy the system, return home and don’t care if doctors are payed peanuts. Who brags about paying doctors 250K in a volatile and unstable economy like Nigeria? We have not talked about bad working conditions, insecurity, strikes and lack of systems and amenities. We have not talked about pension, gratuities and other benefits!

If 250k is too small in a country like Nigeria given what other professionals earn, how much would be okay. An accountant starting salary for govt is probably less than 100k. That shows how much govt values doctor. The accountant is also dealing with double digit inflation poor amenities in the same Nigeria

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

When will timing of subsidy removal we okay? When will the time be right

We have done the same timing is not okay for over 20yrs
Definitely not now

Even though I'm in support of its removal

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

Definitely not now

Even though I'm in support of its removal

Same thing we have been saying for 20yrs.

Definitely not now. In another 30yrs we will still be saying the same

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

What will be an acceptable middle point for you

A better working condition and tools (govt at all levels should invest in equipping the hospitals that are under them), increase the residency slot to employ more doctors to relieve the workload and then increase their numeration (basic salary and allowances). 5k hazard allowance is ridiculous. I’m not saying pay them 100k as hazard allowance but at least it should be something reasonable say 30-40k.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

If 250k is too small in a country like Nigeria given what other professionals earn, how much would be okay. An accountant starting salary for govt is probably less than 100k. That shows how much govt values doctor. The accountant is also dealing with double digit inflation poor amenities in the same Nigeria

Since when did accountants become essential services? How many Nigerians use accountants in comparison to doctors in community, state and federal hospitals?
You can not in one argument admit they are essential services and in another compare them to accountants while compelling them to remain in Nigeria. Are they mandating accountants to remain in the country for 5 years after graduation?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
People are shocked at working 150hrs per week…. I had 3hrs sleep per day for about two years…Doing two jobs to pay fees……That shiit is crazy.

Can’t imagine doing that in Nigeria and also, in a critical sector…. Forcing them to stay is slavery Abeg

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
cool

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
People are shocked at working 150hrs per week…. I had 3hrs sleep per day for about two years…Doing two jobs to pay fees……That shiit is crazy.

Can’t imagine doing that in Nigeria and also, in a critical sector…. Forcing them to stay is slavery Abeg

3hrs per day for about 700 days? You tried bruh..... I no fit.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

I can't fit even if you pay me 1 million dollars..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
To be fair, Doctors deserve nothing less down ₦500k per month in Nigeria, while Nurses shouldn't be collecting anything less down ₦250k per month.

If you want to stop them from japa, then at least do them well. PAs to Politicians are better paid than our dear Doctors. Imagine Wike with special 200k PAs on ₦200k per month for doing absolutely nothing!

Pay them well or allow them to japa peacefully. You can't spend 5 to 7 yrs in the University, engage yourself in other field requirements for more years, only to be dragging salary level with MC Oluomo's PAs.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:
I can't fit even if you pay me 1 million dollars..

grin

I swear! Dude really tried!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
Roland17:

Since when did accountants become essential services? How many Nigerians use accountants in comparison to doctors in community, state and federal hospitals?
You can not in one argument admit they are essential services and in another compare them to accountants while compelling them to remain in Nigeria. Are they mandating accountants to remain in the country for 5 years after graduation?

Accountants are not essential workers that's why they earn less than 40% of what doctors earn in the same country

They are essential workers that's why they are given special treatment and paid higher than others and mandated to stay for 5yrs

You can change accountant for any other profession under the govt and they all earn less than 40% of what doctors earn because of the special place doctors are in the society

250k as a starting salary by Nigerian standard is high. Check what others earn

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

grin

I swear! Dude really tried!
those sleepless hours will definitely backfire later on in the life..

Night sleep is very very important
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:
To be fair, Doctors deserve nothing less down ₦500k per month in Nigeria, while Nurses shouldn't be collecting anything less down ₦250k per month.

If you want to stop them from japa, then at least do them well. PAs to Politicians are better paid than our dear Doctors. Imagine Wike with special 200k PAs on ₦200k per month for doing absolutely nothing!

Pay them well or allow them to japa peacefully. You can't spend 5 to 7 yrs in the University, engage yourself in other field requirements for more years, only to be dragging salary level with MC Oluomo's PAs.

20k per month
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

grin I had to go see doctor at one point to do full body check as I was one cardiac arrest from kicking bucket…Then I booked hotel for three days so man could rest.

$70K plus tuition is no joke… then add rent and other living expenses

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
grin I had to go see doctor at one point to do full body check as I was one cardiac arrest from kicking bucket…Then I booked hotel for three days so man could rest.

$70K plus tuition is no joke… then add rent and other living expenses

grin

Na Man you be bro. I respect you more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
Itsrm:

20k per month

grin

Thanks for the correction, thought it is ₦200k.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:

grin

it did backfire as he pointed out, but I salute him I swear! If na me, I will be chilling in the heaven by now, wining and dining with angels.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:

My wake up call was when one Nigerian recently died at work… Leaving behind a heavily pregnant wife and kid.

He was a student like me but much older… in his early 40s so his body couldn’t take it.

The government granted the family protection visa thankfully and the woman just put to bed recently.

Seeing the man buried and the wife weeping…. Overwork ain’t no joke especially in Medcine.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

grin

it did backfire as he pointed out, but I salute him I swear! If na me, I will be chilling in the heaven by now, wining and dining with angels.
normally, I hate nothing in life more than stress..

Anything wey go stress me, I dey avoid am like plague..

Even if na diamond 💎💍, me no send
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

grin

It’s 2am here but I’m awake… that’s because man don develop insomnia 💀

Slept around 10pm and body said I’ve slept enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
My wake up call was when one Nigerian recently died at work… Leaving behind a heavily pregnant wife and kid.

He was a student like me but much older… in his early 40s so his body couldn’t take it.

The government granted the family protection visa thankfully and the woman just put to bed recently.

Seeing the man buried and the wife weeping…. Overwork ain’t no joke especially in Medcine.
if you overwork and die, na people wey no even know how you sweat 💦 and labour will inherit your wealth..

My school results is in shambles today because I'm very lazy to do and attend all those practicals, lectures, assignments bla bla bla..

I literally paid for half or almost of the works..

I dey skip school schedules with reckless abandon.. infact my course mates dey call me non academic student..

No be me una go stress..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:

you've become used to it.. and not little you can do to avoid it.. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Once upon a time …….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZUY_jTictA

Just look at ! I know some of the speakers in the video are deceased , while others are still very much with us in this world .

I won’t mind channels or any other credible media organization bring some of them into the studio and let’s hear what they think about the proposed subsidy removal 11 years after . I’m particukarly interested in Pastor Tunde Bakare, Femi Kuti , and Fela Durotoye’s opinion on the proposed subsidy removal

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibeme: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:

Part of the sacrifice of japa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Kaycee54321(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Roland17:

If you are scared of losing doctors, then fix the system! Make your system competitive against developing countries at least, not even the West!

Why are they not sponsoring bills to better the working conditions of Nigerian doctors? Why are we wicked in Nigeria for God’s sakes!

Even with the lack of data, our clinical outcomes are shameful, now imagine if we had reliable data! The poor are already living in bondage, this bill will not resolve anything just like the new Naira policy..

The bill is not a logical attempt to solve a problem. It's simply the usual way these political elite show you to your face that they're gonna mess you up and there's nothing you can do

It's like when rats were accused of eating millions
Or when Twitter was banned Or when Cryptocurrency was banned...they just spit on people's faces and DGAF.

My kid sis is a nurse. I know how much she was earning and her standard of living when she was working in a TOP hospital in Abj. She never do six months for UK and I can tell you for free, you can't beat the reach.

They should restrict doctors ehn. Shebi they said our healthcare professionals lack empathy.
The number of professionals that'll be hawking liver and heart to augment and survive, e go shock them.

The thing be say, na the bloody masses wey dey cheer on these folks for whatever reason; a good number of them no go fit afford to fly abroad for good healthcare. Na for their teeth e go gum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:

Brother.... pls do take good care of your health and body. I know man must cook to eat well and confortably in future, but not at expense of our health bro.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:
if you overwork and die, na people wey no even know how you sweat 💦 and labour will inherit your wealth..

My school results is in shambles today because I'm very lazy to do and attend all those practicals, lectures, assignments bla bla bla..

I literally paid for half or almost of the works..

I dey skip school schedules with reckless abandon.. infact my course mates dey call me non academic student..

No be me una go stress..
Next of Kin patiently waiting one side grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
Ibeme:

Part of the sacrifice of japa
True… Lots of japa citizens be overworking themselves
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

Brother.... pls do take good care of your health and body. I know man must cook to eat well and confortably in future, but not at expense of our health bro.
Thanks bro…. I rest now well as I believe everything get time cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) ... (4870) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.