Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1455929 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) (2551) (2552) ... (4648) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

The day I slipped and fell inside bathroom tub and hit my head, I thought I saw Heaven at a glance.

Lucky you. I personally know at least 5 people who didn't survive it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 8:23pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

The day I slipped and fell inside bathroom tub and hit my head, I thought I saw Heaven at a glance.

Thank goodness it wasn’t worse than what you just described because it reads like you suffered a concussion in that instance. Nigerians are enamored by aesthetics instead of safety and function.

The last time I was home, I visited with a family and I cringed as I watched their kids run around tiled floor with near slips. The stairwell was also tiled which made me even more uncomfortable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ToyinDipo(m): 8:33pm On May 14, 2023
afrodoc2:

This life is a mystery. Anybody can slip in a bathroom no matter the surface.
The hope is for someone’s number not to be called prematurely, cos once one’s number is called na odabo be dat.
Facts! It’s better to be safety conscious, but when the time comes, it’s inevitable and may be inexplicable.

Sometimes I ask, why do people have to die
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2023
A001:

You're just like the typical African that repeats the same distorted and false history peddled by Europeans and Arabs.

Like the Greeks, Africans also have specific names for their gods.

Olorun, Chukwu, Ohmorihi, Osanobua, and many others are specific names of African gods, just like Zeus, and co are specific names of Greek gods, Allah is a specific name of an Arab god, and Jehovah is a specific name of an Isreali god.

Luna, Ohmorihi, Ojo are specific names of gods in the Kogi culture, who are the ancestors of the Kogi people. Those are names, not titles.

All those entities are the chief gods or big gods of their culture, meaning each claims the title of God, and each culture around the world has its own sets of gods and goddesses, each of which is distinct from the others.

Otem would even tell you your Chukwu is an ET that designed early Ibos, who are the forefathers of present-day Ibos, just like Atum is an ET that designed the black people that had existed in ancient Egypt. All these entities people see as God are simply early beings.

Or gifted beings, who we call Orisa (deity) in Yoruba. Orisa means eni ti ori sa da yato in Yoruba or "a person made special or gifted by his/her head".

That's a deep history, especially if you know the history of African traditional religions well. Based on my findings interacting with different Isese (Yoruba traditional religion) practitioners, Otem's histories have a lot of depth.

Isese practitioners in Yorubaland would say deities like Orunmila, Oduduwa, Sango, Ogun, Osun, Yemoja, and co descended from heaven (the Yoruba word they use is rowa); some like Oduduwa did so with a chain or ewon in Yoruba, according to them.

(See the chain of Oduduwa, one of the ancestors of the Yoruba people in the attached picture.)

All these deities are early Yoruba people. Ignorant African Muslims and Christians would say these deities are demons; some foolish atheists would claim they never existed, that they're fictional entities.

You're a big fool if you think Socrates or Plato existed, and Orunmila or Ogun or Amadioha never existed.

Most Africans, including you, don't know the history of your local deities. But it's essential knowledge every African must know to preserve our histories and cultures.

As far as I'm concerned, Chukwu, Osanobua, goddess Ala, Afa (the same called Ifa in Yoruba), Amadioha, Yoruba deities like Olorun, Orunmila, Oya, Ifa, Osanyin, Sango, Ogun, Osun all are past beings, who are the ancestors of present-day Africans, and the same thing applies to Zeus, Allah, Yahweh in their respective cultures.

It's not a coincidence that many names -- of people, states, cities, and towns -- in the South-West have the names of these local deities as their roots or bases. They're names, not titles.

God is a title, not a name. You've gods of religion like Allah, Jehovah, Olorun, Chukwu, each of which is a distinct entity; also, there are gods of football like Messi, Ronaldo.

The practice of referring to gifted humans as a god or goddess (deifying humans) is an age-long practice.

That people call Olorun or Chukwu a god doesn't mean both entities are the same, just like Messi isn't the same as Ronaldo simply because people call both gods of football.

You're arguing blindly and ignorantly. People that make this your kind of submission also say their ancestors are Adam and Eve, when there's no single evidence for such a silly claim.

I don't know how an African is related to Adam or Eve. That's simply false history.

If you're Ibo, your ancestors are Chukwu, Ala, Amadioha, and co. The ancestors of Ijaw people are Fenibeso, Osanobua, and co. As a Yoruba, my ancestors are Olorun, Obatala, Orunmila, Ifa, Oya, Yemoja, Sango, Osanyin, Ogun, and co.
Amadioha means lightening, Anyanwu means sunshine, Ala means earth. These aren't names of ancestors. These are natural phenomena people consider awesome and worthy of worship. If you think otherwise you are not less foolish than I am in believing that someone called 'lord' is not a title.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 8:41pm On May 14, 2023
Itsrm:

Lucky you. I personally know at least 5 people who didn't survive it

Omo. That's true. I know of people who died in such manner.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 8:41pm On May 14, 2023
afrodoc2:

This life is a mystery. Anybody can slip in a bathroom no matter the surface.
The hope is for someone’s number not to be called prematurely, cos once one’s number is called na odabo be dat.

Doc, I agree but some kain factors place us at a higher risk than normal. Falls are dangerous but when I look at the way Nigerians floor their bathroom, it really bothers me. Most of those tiles are not even slip resistant, they are chosen because of their looks.

There are precautions that should be taken in certain areas of the house to avoid preventable accidents. Using slip resistant flooring in the bathroom and common areas. Place slip resistant mats in high usage areas inside the bathroom like the tub, landing areas outside the tub/ shower, and in front of the mirror.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 8:45pm On May 14, 2023
Roland17:

Thank goodness it wasn’t worse than what you just described because it reads like you suffered a concussion in that instance. Nigerians are enamored by aesthetics instead of safety and function.

The last time I was home, I visited with a family and I cringed as I watched their kids run around tiled floor with near slips. The stairwell was also tiled which made me even more uncomfortable.

It was a terrible experience. But this won't be the first time though. lipsrsealed I'm now more careful since I'm getting older.

Lol, you're right. We focus more on aesthetics than safety and function. We really like fancy things. grin

Everywhere in my house is tiled, including the kitchen (but this one has those rough tiled surface) and if the floor is wet, one has to dry it up immediately otherwise problem go dey.

I know how many times I've slipped in the bathroom. That thing is so scary.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by doggedfighter(f): 8:52pm On May 14, 2023
[quote author=folake4u post=123137234]

It was a terrible experience. But this won't be the first time though. lipsrsealed I'm now more careful since I'm getting older.

Lol, you're right. We focus more on aesthetics than safety and function. We really like fancy things. grin

Everywhere in my house is tiled, including the kitchen (but this one has those rough tiled surface) and if the floor is wet, one has to dry it up immediately otherwise problem go dey.

[b]I know how many times I've slipped in the bathroom. That thing is so scary.[/[/b]quote]

I feel so uncomfortable reading the bolded.
Is there nothing that can be done to such bathroom ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 8:55pm On May 14, 2023
[quote author=doggedfighter post=123137343][/quote]

Hahahaha. They removed the bathtub though. I miss it sometimes. lipsrsealed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by doggedfighter(f): 8:58pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

Hahahaha. They removed the bathtub though. I miss it sometimes. lipsrsealed

What nonsense missing is that ?

Where's my Oraima cord ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by garriAndsugar: 8:58pm On May 14, 2023
Rain boot can be used when entering the toilet
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by doggedfighter(f): 9:00pm On May 14, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Are you going in there to fight war ? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 9:01pm On May 14, 2023
doggedfighter:

What nonsense missing is that ?

Where's my Oraima cord ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

DG, bathtub dey sweet oh. Sometimes you just want to chill inside the bathroom for a while.

Them come remove am cos of me. angry

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 9:02pm On May 14, 2023
garriAndsugar:

What the hell? Na war?🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by garriAndsugar: 9:05pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

What the hell? Na war?🤣🤣🤣
Instead of falling na. But some toilets self here it's so small that no matter how you try you cannot fall down
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 9:07pm On May 14, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Instead of falling na. But some toilets self here it's so small that no matter how you try you cannot fall down

Hahaha. You're so funny.

I hate small toilets. angry I just like the whole area to be spacious. What if I want to chill there and watch film.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by garriAndsugar: 9:08pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

Hahaha. You're so funny.

I hate small toilets. angry I just like the whole area to be spacious. What if I want to chill there and watch film.
You will seat on the WC and chill once you stand up you don reach door, open am comot
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 9:15pm On May 14, 2023
garriAndsugar:

You will seat on the WC and chill once you stand up you don reach door, open am comot

😂😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 9:18pm On May 14, 2023
Good evening guys.

So we are live on Okadabooks.

Please let this be your early birthday present to this small doctor wink cheesy

For our abroadians, the Amazon KDP link is on its way.

I am eternally grateful.

Here it is - https://store.okadabooks.com/search?query=Pitakwa%2520Boy

Or just search for Pitakwa Boy on Okadabooks.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:21pm On May 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don’t understand the purpose of this mention

Basically some personally benefits outside the contracts she will get as a result of this activity
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:30pm On May 14, 2023

1) floor rag to quickly mop up any spill
2) shower curtain for bath tub to ensure no water spill from there
3) as said by others - rubber mat or floor mat - include bath mat
4) no flip flop/ bathroom slippers. get slippers with a thick and rough sole. i have crocs that are basically dedicated for home use only. when the soles start to wear, i get rid of them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by doggedfighter(f): 9:39pm On May 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

1) floor rag to quickly mop up any spill
2) shower curtain for bath tub to ensure no water spill from there
3) as said by others - rubber mat or floor mat - include bath mat
4) no flip flop/ bathroom slippers. get slippers with a thick and rough sole. i have crocs that are basically dedicated for home use only. when the soles start to wear, i get rid of them

Noted, thanks !
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:42pm On May 14, 2023
Roland17:

Murphy Afolabi don die? Jesu! This life no pure at all.

I don’t understand why Nigerians use tile flooring for the entire house, worsestill, bathrooms and stairs.

Most Nigerian interior design is disgusting. Too much gloss and too much chrome

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On May 14, 2023
TrebleChamp:
So today is mother's day again? How many mother's day have we celebrated this year sef? Well the world no kukuma rate us Father's...

Omo messef I tire. It's hard enough remembering my own birthday, much less all these dates

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by AnfieldFan: 9:48pm On May 14, 2023
Unlimited22:
Good evening guys.

So we are live on Okadabooks.

Please let this be your early birthday present to this small doctor wink cheesy

For our abroadians, the Amazon KDP link is on its way.

I am eternally grateful.

Here it is - https://store.okadabooks.com/search?query=Pitakwa%2520Boy

Or just search for Pitakwa Boy on Okadabooks.

Congratulations once more...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:55pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

For real? shocked That's reckless and scary.

it is one of the things that really really really pisses me off. FRSC needs to start a serious campaign about safe driving habits

or you will see people putting jerrycans of petrol in the back seats of their cars

the average nigerian is juts a big accident waiting to happen.

and when they have a near miss, na to run to church to say devil is a liar instead of doing a safety review
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:58pm On May 14, 2023
Ibime:

Most Nigerian interior design is disgusting. Too much gloss and too much chrome

And LED light inside POP ceiling, coupled with golden baroque furniture that looks very uncomfortable...

I blame the Italians for this sha. Nigerians have always looked to them for interior design inspiration from terrazzo and paladiana flooring to suspended POP celinings.

With new money, came new levels of ostentatiousness, and if you've ever watched an Italian soap opera or mafia show like Gommorah or Suburra, you would have seen the senior brother of the contemporary Nigerian sitting room, with every dial turned up to 11.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 10:03pm On May 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

it is one of the things that really really really pisses me off. FRSC needs to start a serious campaign about safe driving habits

or you will see people putting jerrycans of petrol in the back seats of their cars

the average nigerian is juts a big accident waiting to happen.

and when they have a near miss, na to run to church to say devil is a liar instead of doing a safety review

I'm very shocked to hear that people lap babies while driving. What I know is them having baby seats at the passenger's seat and putting an inscription Baby on board at the back of their car.

That jerrycan in the back seat of car is ALL SHADES OF WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I've witnessed it in Benin when I was still a student. The bus caught fire. We ran out immediately it happened. Na God save us that day.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:09pm On May 14, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Basically some personally benefits outside the contracts she will get as a result of this activity

I didn’t say she won’t get personal benefits na. Abi where did I say that ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2023
nihilistjnr:

And LED light inside POP ceiling, coupled with golden baroque furniture that looks very uncomfortable...

I blame the Italians for this sha. Nigerians have always looked to them for interior design inspiration from terrazzo and paladiana flooring to suspended POP celinings.

With new money, came new levels of ostentatiousness, and if you've ever watched an Italian soap opera or mafia show like Gommorah or Suburra, you would have seen the senior brother of the contemporary Nigerian sitting room, with every dial turned up to 11.

I swear down. And some girls are making millions from putting these monstrosities together in the name of interior designers
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:18pm On May 14, 2023
Roland17:

Doc, I agree but some kain factors place us at a higher risk than normal. Falls are dangerous but when I look at the way Nigerians floor their bathroom, it really bothers me. Most of those tiles are not even slip resistant, they are chosen because of their looks.

There are precautions that should be taken in certain areas of the house to avoid preventable accidents. Using slip resistant flooring in the bathroom and common areas. Place slip resistant mats in high usage areas inside the bathroom like the tub, landing areas outside the tub/ shower, and in front of the mirror.

Spot on.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:22pm On May 14, 2023
nihilistjnr:

the LED is particularly annoying because people literally turn their homes to night clubs

you are supposed to come home to warm yellow light - instead you come home to a living room with all shades of rgb like a giant gaming pc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) (2551) (2552) ... (4648) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), BlueRayDick, Shegzdave, OasisX, a4turitoroman, OkpaNsukkaisBae(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.