Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1440128 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) (2742) (2743) ... (4631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
afrodoc:

Omokri don become fencist. grin

airmark:

This is no more Reno, but ReCORN. grin

grin

....at this pace, DonJ sef go turn CornJ.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin

.....and Dude had a meeting with the Peoples' President this afternoon.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin

Prosperity is here.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
OasisX:
📌📌📌

Let's see how it goes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....at this pace, DonJ sef go turn CornJ.

grin
No 🌽 test.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
airmark:

grin
No 🌽 test.

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin

This raining season sha. Corns jez dey grow everywhere now.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin

...... corns dey germinate at everywhere now.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by plat0: 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
The truth is the three frontrunners would have produced the same result in their first year. Buhari was just useless and nonchalant. Governors that served in Buhari's time are probably the richest since 1999

11 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Prosperity is here.
Sorry bros o..

I taught it was 4hunderd and sumthin d other day when d CBN devalued d naira ...can u explain d positivity of this

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
All I'm concerned about right now is how the recent news about FX from CBN will affect the prices of petrol, foods, and other items in Nigerian markets.

That petrol price na the koko for now

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
I'll be careful about getting excited about tinubu sacking the efcc boss. We don't know the reason yet. We are totally blind as to the underhanded politics at play.

As I've said before, it's actually easy weeding the field right now, because anything concerning the buhari administration is largely toxic and will be viewed positively. But then, WHO ARE THOSE TINUBU WILL APPOINT??

That is the most important question, because his history has shown us that he will simply put lackeys that will do everything they're told.

The efcc is another body supposed to be independent whose sacking is supposed to be ratified by the legislative branch but here we have a president desperate to get enemies out of the way, knowing that people will appluad because it just soo happens that his enemies are in this case our enemies too. Let's see where all this is headed.

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
And most importantly, we will never forget that this criminal is riding on a stolen mandate.
We will never forget that he ascended to power via brute force, criminality and bloodshed of innocent nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
DSS INVITES MR ABDULRASHEED BAWA, SUSPENDED EFCC CHAIRMAN

The Department of State Services (DSS) has invited Mr Abdulrasheed Bawa, the suspended Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Bawa arrived a few hours ago.

The invitation relates to some investigative activities concerning him.

Peter Afunanya Ph.D, fsi
Public Relations Officer
Department of State Services
National Headquarters
Abuja
14th June, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
He can warm that seat for the rightful owner. We're all focused on the judiciary!

Let justice take it's course.

Let's see the true winner of rivers, benue, bayelsa, akwaibom and the true margin of victories in Lagos, imo, ebonyi, Edo and delta.
And the true percentages of vote allocation in kogi, Kaduna, Kano, Ondo, gombe, Bauchi and borno.

Let's see the genuine results of the election exercise that took place.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
Shaytun:

Yeah.

Naira later gained, it closes today at 664. I wasn’t expecting that.

Where Una dey get these prices? Naira still dey lose ground for my app

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
Na buhari I blame sha.

He set the bar too fvcking low, such that any action at all from anybody there just has to be applauded for at least doing something.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
I just hope those celebrating with Oasisx are outside the country like him. Good luck buying anything with 30k in the market on weekends

Like BlueRayDick once mentioned, if you have anything to buy, now is the time to buy it.

The coming days are going to be really hard.

It remains to be seen if there will be a calm after the storm as promised.

I also wonder if this N511 cost of fuel was arrived at using 600+ naira to the dollar (not likely) or the previous 460. I guess we will soon find out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:04am On Jun 15, 2023
Itsrm:
I just hope those celebrating with Oasisx are outside the country like him. Good luck buying anything with 30k in the market on weekends

Like BlueRayDick once mentioned, if you have anything to buy, now is the time to buy it.

I also wonder if this N511 cost of fuel was arrived at using 600+ naira to the dollar (not likely) or the previous 460. I guess we will soon find out.

cool

......second paragraph bruh.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 12:04am On Jun 15, 2023
E be like na only for Oasis phone wey naira crash today undecided..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:30am On Jun 15, 2023
Same efcc chairman was more or less a bum all the while it was Buhari in charge, a new government enters and he now remembers that he's supposed to have a job that he should take serious, maybe na clout e wan use am gain in the new government, glad it backfired...clown. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:36am On Jun 15, 2023
Donjazet2:
Na buhari I blame sha.

He set the bar too fvcking low, such that any action at all from anybody there just has to be applauded for at least doing something.
Anybody that came after Buhari was certainly going to be an upgrade. What's funny though, is that all the while Buhari was implementing these bad policies for 7 years and 6 months, they were drumming support for the policies and twisting and turning to provide rationalization for them. They now rig their way to the presidency thanks to some very diligent as$ licking, and they're now doing a 360 on all the things they once defended while it was Buhari there.

12 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:38am On Jun 15, 2023
Joke ting

Chef Dammy DID NOT officially apply before attempting to break the longest cookathon record, so we are not aware - Guinness World Records.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:43am On Jun 15, 2023
"I just did a special session presentation at the 54th Annual Conference on African Linguistics at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, where I talked about the amazing projects that are currently indigenizing/decolonizing STEM knowledge for the Yoruba people.

"The title of the presentation which I put together with Raji Lateef is “Decolonizing context models in Africa: An analysis of discourses surrounding STEM knowledge in Yoruba”.

"I first talked about these projects in order of their emergence on social media platforms as follows:

Association of Educators of Science and Technology in Yorùbá Language (August 2017- present): https://www.facebook.com/AESTYL

Science in Yoruba (March 2020 - Present)

Mathematics In Yoruba Language (May 2020- Present)

Math in Yorùbá with Lukgaf (September 2021- Present)

Arojinle (March 2022- Present)

@Wuraola Oyewusi (May 2022- Present): https://www.linkedin.com/in/wuraolaoyewusi/

Psychology ni Ede Yoruba (April 2023- Present)

"I note that although Yoruba is leading in this new form of knowledge production in Africa, there are aspirations for there to be similar projects for languages like Hausa, Igbo, Efik, Itsekiri, etc.

"One major conclusion of this talk is that these projects seem to have succeeded in shifting, to a very large extent, people’s beliefs that an African language like Yoruba is incapable of expressing STEM.

Taofeeq Adebayo,
Olootu, Science in Yoruba
Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=272665501791663&id=100071446441160&mibextid=CDWPTG

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:48am On Jun 15, 2023
A001:

"I note that although Yoruba is leading in this new form of knowledge production in Africa, there are aspirations for there to be similar projects for languages like Hausa, Igbo, Efik, Itsekiri, etc.

"One major conclusion of this talk is that these projects seem to have succeeded in shifting, to a very large extent, people’s beliefs that an African language like Yoruba is incapable of expressing STEM.
Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=272665501791663&id=100071446441160&mibextid=CDWPTG
I'd like to urge intelligent and creative members here to replicate these laudable initiatives in their native languages such as Igbo, Ebira, Ijaw, and others. Science should be accessible to all in their mother tongue, not primarily in English language as we've currently.

When we've many of such platforms like Science in Yoruba on FB teaching Nigerians the basics of science in their native language and how to apply the scientific method in their everyday life, the country can develop faster and achieve more progress, especially in science and technology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:54am On Jun 15, 2023
President Tinubu set to make available cheap fuel through compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LPG) to mitigate the effects of subsidy removal.

— Mele Kyari, NNPC CEO

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Lukgaf(m): 4:27am On Jun 15, 2023
A001:
"I just did a special session presentation at the 54th Annual Conference on African Linguistics at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, where I talked about the amazing projects that are currently indigenizing/decolonizing STEM knowledge for the Yoruba people.

"The title of the presentation which I put together with Raji Lateef is “Decolonizing context models in Africa: An analysis of discourses surrounding STEM knowledge in Yoruba”.

"I first talked about these projects in order of their emergence on social media platforms as follows:

Association of Educators of Science and Technology in Yorùbá Language (August 2017- present): https://www.facebook.com/AESTYL

Science in Yoruba (March 2020 - Present)

Mathematics In Yoruba Language (May 2020- Present)

Math in Yorùbá with Lukgaf (September 2021- Present)

Arojinle (March 2022- Present)

@Wuraola Oyewusi (May 2022- Present): https://www.linkedin.com/in/wuraolaoyewusi/

Psychology ni Ede Yoruba (April 2023- Present)

Taofeeq Adebayo,
Olootu, Science in Yoruba

Thanks a lot Prof.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:51am On Jun 15, 2023
Donjazet2:
I'll be careful about getting excited about tinubu sacking the efcc boss. We don't know the reason yet. We are totally blind as to the underhanded politics at play.

As I've said before, it's actually easy weeding the field right now, because anything concerning the buhari administration is largely toxic and will be viewed positively. But then, WHO ARE THOSE TINUBU WILL APPOINT??

That is the most important question, because his history has shown us that he will simply put lackeys that will do everything they're told.

The efcc is another body supposed to be independent whose sacking is supposed to be ratified by the legislative branch but here we have a president desperate to get enemies out of the way, knowing that people will appluad because it just soo happens that his enemies are in this case our enemies too. Let's see where all this is headed.

Hope u know ur suggestion in bold will not change anything ? Most of the members of legislature are people who are currently under investigation by the same EFCC . You have ex governors who have plundered their states for 8 years before moving to the HOA to hibernate , u have senators and HoR members who use their companies to execute community projects being investigated by same EFCC , the current senate president has an ongoing case with EFCC and the deputy senate president Jibrin was invited by the same EFCC for padding budgets as alleged by his fellow members in the past.

Now how does giving these aforementioned entities “power of life and death over EFCC chairman “ make the EFCC boss independent and more effective ?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 5:04am On Jun 15, 2023
Ibime:

Where Una dey get these prices? Naira still dey lose ground for my app

We are speaking of dollar $
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:06am On Jun 15, 2023
Itsrm:

Yesterday I heard a senior civil servant complaining bitterly how he has bought fuel worth 35k within 8 days for commuting from his house on the mainland to his office on the island . He was saying “Lori salary elo ?” ( On top how much salary ?)

That is just one of the realities that has manifested . Many more will come; as things will be expensive going forward .

When people say stuff like “ Things will get tough first but it will get better in the long run “, I really think people don’t know how long “the long run” will be before it comes (That is if it ever comes ). I hope people know malaria that private hospital will treat u for say 10k-15k May go as high as 50k-60k because even their own cost of operations will increase. It is easy for people we see on TV (who belong to the upper class ) talking about how we all need to endure and weather the storm , but it’s something else seeing people in the middle class and lower struggle to cope with the new economic realities .

It’s not just about food or fuel, it’s about almost everything .

12 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 5:09am On Jun 15, 2023
EFCC independent ke, not even the FBI is independent.

The only thing I will want to see is the EFCC should be made to be under the Ministry of justice.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) (2742) (2743) ... (4631) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.