Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,295 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2878) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1565048 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2875) (2876) (2877) (2878) (2879) (2880) (2881) ... (4828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
Theflint1:
It does though, in my compound with like 9 adults of voting age, it was only one person that voted. Check our respective families too, how many persons voted come election day, I can bet you'd see more of that kind of percentage.

Northerners plenty sha, you no dey see the kind of numbers dem dey pull comot for campaign videos and pics?

I belive Nigeria's population isn't so far from that 200 million we keep claiming, I estimate at least 160M persons..

Lmao 😂

If it’s by the bolded , then u need to know that most northerners are not into paid employment per se, they can afford the luxury of leaving their personal hustle like farming to attend campaign rallies in numbers .

How many southerners can afford to abandon their jobs, shops , market stalls just to attend campaign rallies except they are card carrying members of the parties who need to go show face at the campaign ground ?

That being said, INEC data is not reliable at all( either in the north or the South ) going by how we see so many minors appearing on the voters register . Local politicians don make INEC data seriously unreliable .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Theflint1:
Niger and Chad get free oil money?

Is it free oil money that keeps making our population increase while other countries with similar topography and attributes don’t jive with ours?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Lmao 😂

If it’s by the bolded , then u need to know that most northerners are not into paid employment per se, they can afford the luxury of leaving their personal hustle like farming to attend campaign rallies in numbers .

How many southerners can afford to abandon their jobs, shops , market stalls just to attend campaign rallies except they are card carrying members of the parties who need to go show face at the campaign ground ?

That being said, INEC data is not reliable at all( either in the north or the South ) going by how we see so many minors appearing on the voters register . Local politicians don make INEC data seriously unreliable .
Fair point, but I still think it's something to be considered since na mostly conjecture we dey use talk.

Last last I think the one way to estimate the true population of the country will involve factoring several things like historical population figures, election data, NIN registration data, SIM card registration data, and other forms of data (especially those where people don't have incentives to cook numbers).
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Is it free oil money that keeps making our population increase while other countries with similar topography and attributes don’t jive with ours?
Pakistan is a smaller country than Nigeria, mostly arid, yet they have a much higher population than Nigeria. Besides, Nigeria doesn't even feature in the top 60 most densely populated countries in the world, which means given our land mass, we probably are not forking enough grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2023

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
This guy here is giving his own solution to the SE UGM issue

https://twitter.com/dmightyangel/status/1679056350238715904

I agree with many of his points
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
Theflint1:
It does though, in my compound with like 9 adults of voting age, it was only one person that voted. Check our respective families too, how many persons voted come election day, I can bet you'd see more of that kind of percentage.

Northerners plenty sha, you no dey see the kind of numbers dem dey pull comot for campaign videos and pics?

I belive Nigeria's population isn't so far from that 200 million we keep claiming, I estimate at least 160M persons..

Don't worry yourself. When Tinubu ok the money for the census, I just pray most of them will not say it was manipulated.

Let's just wait for the official figure.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
raumdeuter:

The guy made a lot of sense and he’s courageous coming out to speak truth to power.

I look forward to the day a northerner will come out this way and advise the government without fear to crush boko Haram, bandits , ISWAP or whatever name they choose to go by in the future .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The guy made a lot of sense and he’s courageous coming out to speak truth to power.

I look forward to the day a northerner will come out this way and advise the government without fear to crush boko Haram, bandits , ISWAP or whatever name they choose to go by in the future .

This is what the CoAS just said. All those amnesty na wash

https://www.nairaland.com/7762256/give-us-free-hand-wipe
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
Theflint1:
Fair point, but I still think it's something to be considered since na mostly conjecture we dey use talk.

Last last I think the one way to estimate the true population of the country will involve factoring several things like historical population figures, election data, NIN registration data, SIM card registration data, and other forms of data (especially those where people don't have incentives to cook numbers).

Historical figure is what A40 has been talking all this while with the Kano/Jigawa analogy vs Lagos na.

How do u rationalize Lagos having 5.7m and Kano 5.8m population in 1991 and fast forward to 2006 Lagos has 9.1m and Kano 9.4m when millions of people have continually migrated from all parts of the country to Lagos from early 90’s till now ?

The 1991 census was done at a time when u don’t have multitudes Northerners riding motorcycles in Lagos; when u don’t have ever increasing number of traffic hawkers of southern origin in Lagos, etc. How is it that the rural-urban migration experienced in Lagos since the advent of democracy didn’t affect Lagos figures and somehow Kano is still the most populated state in the country ?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
raumdeuter:

What is the difference between nnamdi kanu and asari dokubo?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
raumdeuter:

This is what the CoAS just said. All those amnesty na wash

https://www.nairaland.com/7762256/give-us-free-hand-wipe

That’s how it’s supposed to be !

Now let’s hope northern elites like Aminu Masari will stop snapping pictures with bandits bearing firearms , let’s hope Gumi will not release another video where he will talk about the need to negotiate with “these bandits that are doing banditry as a form of protest against the government “, and let’s hope Tinubu will not be accused of being insincere with fight against insurgents like Jonathan was accused by northern elders

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
Theflint1:

And there are other compounds where everyone voted. When you even factor the double registration and the infants that were registered in this election you know that all figures you ought to take with a grain of salt

I'm not saying they're not plenty I'm saying the figures are cooked. How can Kano and Lagos have the same number of people then Kano is split to two states and Kano still have the same number and that new state has 4m people.

Leave that campaign format. Zamfara and Jigawa cannot have almost 10m people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
Theflint1:
Niger and Chad get free oil money?
If na by oil then Libya and Sudan should be the most populous
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
A40:
Google Lia Thomas. This joker couldn't make top 200 time in swimming for men, transitioned and became national champion

What do you think happens by the time transwomen become mainstream and have free rein to compete with women. It's a long game. Give it another 5-10 years

Anyway why I dey talk sef? Na your fellow women go kuku suffer am. By the time transwomen enter UFC begin dey kpokpo actual women una eye go clear
This one enter...😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Theflint1:
Pakistan is another polygamous nation, with a smaller land mass than Nigeria, yet they have a higher population despite being a mostly arid country.
Pakistan and Nigeria have almost identical landmass and also there was mass migration to Pakistan after independence. Bear in mind Pakistan is bordered by the most populous country in the world.

Yet even they did not go from 85m to 200+ in just 30 years.

Their most populous city Karachi went from 10m to 14m in 20 years. That's a lot more believable

Bear in mind Karachi is closest to the coastline and hence the most populous. Not Nigeria where they're telling us reverse is the case.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
This man made a whole lot of sense in the video. He spoke some of our minds on the seizure and destruction of the vessel carrying stolen crude .

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CumxKm8ugNq/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Lmao 😂

I just dey laugh. Why crowd no go dey? Shey another thing dey wey them dey do

Which Southerner go leave even him barbing saloon or Bet9ja kiosk because one werey politician dey campaign
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Let's hope someone or some people do not silence him because the way I see Nigeria, insecurity has been institutionalized it's now an industry and there are powers that be that will fight tooth and nail so it remains so
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
monerozi5590:

Hmmmmm! Intersex is intersex. I believe is caused by mutation. I don't think intersex people are up to two percent of the entrie world population. My thoughts.

If you have a vagina, xx chromosome, you are a woman. If you have penis, xy chromosome, you are a man.

My issue is having a penis and thinking you are a woman or having a vagina and thinking you are a man is what I don't understand. Is crazy walahi.

You are mixing up Gender and Sex.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
zazoo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 2:25am On Jul 13, 2023
raumdeuter:

This guy is active on Nairaland. I think his handle is Oyingboupdate or something like that.

I agree with some of his positions, specifically when it comes to handling Nnamdi Kanu but most of his argument on how to resolve the issue is conflicting and I disagree with them.

We want peace in the SE and as long as the SE remains a part of the federation the presidency should show more responsibility in guaranteeing the lives and properties of the citizens in that region.

Telling me the people of the SE should reap what they sow with the killings because some people clap for them and using that as justification to allow the region burn is irresponsible and a betrayal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 2:52am On Jul 13, 2023
Roland17:

This guy is active on Nairaland. I think his handle is Oyingboupdate or something like that.

I agree with some of his positions, specifically when it comes to handling Nnamdi Kanu but most of his argument on how to resolve the issue is conflicting and I disagree with them.

We want peace in the SE and as long as the SE remains a part of the federation the presidency should show more responsibility in guaranteeing the lives and properties of the citizens in that region.

Telling me the people of the SE should reap what they sow with the killings because some people clap for them and using that as justification to allow the region burn is irresponsible and a betrayal.

Spot on.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:38am On Jul 13, 2023
A40:
She looks like your regular redbone

Well let's everyone get on the train

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsHTjMIJEOZ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 4:32am On Jul 13, 2023
Bombblacks:

You are mixing up Gender and Sex.

There's a relationship between the two.

1.Who is a woman? Please don't give me this woke talk about "identify" and all.

2. If you have a penis. Are you a man or woman?

Me. A woman is female with Vagina/vulva.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 5:57am On Jul 13, 2023
raumdeuter:

Go through any of his threads on NL and amuse yourself you'll see that he has been called many unsavory names, my personal favorite being "UDELE" (Vulture) and that's the sad narrative most have, like he rightly pointed out, the media was awashed with news of UGM destroying fulani invaders and many were happy... to this day you still have users like Anambra1st declaring that all is well and the region is very peaceful, that the killing you see and hear in the media is hogwash. The point he raised about the police is very very true, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're complicit. All you need know is no matter what happens and no matter what steps Tinubu takes to end insecurity there, they will be met with the same hostility that greeted Buhari's Python Dance. Remember when you were clamoring for Kanu's release and Izzou was laughing at you, leopards don't change their spots if you don't believe it, do a popularity test among the poor and middle class on the FG vs Kanu (Hero and villain) and you'll get your accurate answers

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2023
KingTom:

Go through any of his threads on NL and amuse yourself you'll see that he has been called many unsavory names, my personal favorite being "UDELE" (Vulture) and that's the sad narrative most have, like he rightly pointed out, the media was awashed with news of UGM destroying fulani invaders and many were happy... to this day you still have users like Anambra1st declaring that all is well and the region is very peaceful, that the killing you see and hear in the media is hogwash. The point he raised about the police is very very true, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're complicit. All you need know is no matter what happens and no matter what steps Tilumblu takes to end insecurity there will be met with the same hostility that greeted Buhari's Python Dance

Baba , in my own personal opinion o:

I’ve read books that were written in the 80’s by both easterners and other southerners as to the plight of the easterners ; books about the civil war , events that led to the civil war and how “a United Nigeria” has shaped after the war. One thing that strikes me is that most easterners still feeel they got the short end of the stick in this country till date .

That’s why it’s easy to have educated men like Greatihxx here claiming the killings in the southeast May have been orchestrated by DSS even when videos of those arrested shows they are easterners who still hang on to the Biafran dream which Ojukwu has since given up on and lived a jolly good life afterwards before his demise .

I think the politicians in the east need to dialogue with their people and let them know Biafra would not be achieveable either by force or by dialogue at this time; and then the Federal Government needs to show the willingness to run an inclusive government that will not see the easterners as outsiders that deserve crumbs like Buhari did .

PS: All of these is premised on if Tinubu’s victory is upheld at the Supreme Court and by Law he will rule the whole country called Nigeria for the next 4 years.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:41am On Jul 13, 2023
The Ilorin Muslims that threatened to attack the Osun priestess about her planned festival (which she was forced to cancel) tried to practice Islam as Muhammad and his companions did during their lifetime.

They just tried a little, just like Boko Haram, Al-Qaida, and other terrorist groups in modern times also try to practice what's really a 'diluted' version of the real Islam, as practiced by Muhammad.

It is an interesting sight when Muslims like those extremists and terrorists in Ilorin and in Sharia states in the North try to show the world a glimpse of what real Islam is.

If all these ignorant Muslims, especially those Yoruba adherents in the South-West, could see how Muhammad established and propagated Islam with his companions, no one in his right sense will even think of embracing such an evil religion.

During his lifetime, thousands of innocent people were killed in what the Arab barbarians called "holy wars" just to establish and propagate Islam. Now, hundreds of millions have been killed over time by those fanatics following Muhammad's footsteps of propagating religion using violence and bloodshed about 1400 years ago.

Only enlightened people and informed Muslims (which are rare) know Boko Haram, Al-Qaida, other terrorist groups, Usman Dan Fodio, those Ilorin extremists are/were only following the evil practice of propagating religion using violence and war as established by Muhammad in his lifetime.

Ask yourself why is it that violence and attacks (verbally and/or physically) are the first response of an average Muslim (just like the mumus on this thread) to critics?

Check the means through which their 'noble' prophet established and propagated the religion. Therein lies the answer.

I don't know why your fellow human deserves to die for merely following a certain aspect of his/her culture (i.e., a religion) and rejecting this same aspect from your own culture you're imposing on him/her.

Where's the sense in that?

The Yoruba native religion is an aspect of the Yoruba culture, just like Islam is an aspect of the Arab culture. Religion is just an element of a culture and a mere social construct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aMfWPo5xx8
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 7:32am On Jul 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Baba , in my own personal opinion o:

I’ve read books that were written in the 80’s by both easterners and other southerners as to the plight of the easterners ; books about the civil war , events that led to the civil war and how “a United Nigeria” has shaped after the war. One thing that strikes me is that most easterners still feeel they got the short end of the stick in this country till date .

That’s why it’s easy to have educated men like Greatihxx here claiming the killings in the southeast May have been orchestrated by DSS even when videos of those arrested shows they are easterners who still hang on to the Biafran dream which Ojukwu has since given up on and lived a jolly good life afterwards before his demise .

I think the politicians in the east need to dialogue with their people and let them know Biafra would not be achieveable either by force or by dialogue at this time; and then the Federal Government needs to show the willingness to run an inclusive government that will not see the easterners as outsiders that deserve crumbs like Buhari did .

PS: All of these is premised on if Tinubu’s victiry is upheld at the Supreme Court and by Law he will rule the whole country called Nigeria for the next 4 years.
Bro I get your point and you're absolutely right, but take this to the bank, it will be easier for the Easterners to believe the words of Kabiru Sokoto than to think any action of Tinubu in their region means well for them grin as for getting the short end of the stick, one cannot deny that they were hard done by but this was mostly by SS people and the ones in Lagos, there is a song we were taught when we were kids the translation is along the lines of Ojukwu being a Biafra hero(undisputed fact) and how Awolowo and Gowon are demonstrated as demons who made the eastern people live on garri and cassava, how kwarshiokor will befall them and Gowon's wife(pregnant as at then) will give birth to grenades.. this was sung between 1968- the end of the war and we were singing it in the 80s, that song is still being sung till today although I don't know if dem don replace Ojukwu's name with Kanu sha grin as for the Politicians in the east, they don't trust them and why should they? You turn your TV and see Otti bowing to greet Tinubu which is ripe propaganda material. Chief the matter long abeg, I'm not mincing words but in light of the events of early this year, Obi seems to be the only one that can calm the east and his election loss has only added more dry grass to the bushfire

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2023
grin

.....Also disturbing is the continued disruption of business and social activities in the South East region over the Sit-at-Home directive purported to be coming from the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB, when the body has publicly denied issuing such directive.

What is going on in the South East therefore is essentially a criminal activity that must be nipped in the bud, with all hands being on deck, security agencies, and the people alike.

- Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2023
OasisX:
grin

.....Also disturbing is the continued disruption of business and social activities in the South East region over the Sit-at-Home directive purported to be coming from the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB, when the body has publicly denied issuing such directive.

What is going on in the South East therefore is essentially a criminal activity that must be nipped in the bud, with all hands being on deck, security agencies, and the people alike.

- Peter Obi
I do not appreciate Peter Obi's choices of words. He seems to care too much about himself rather than the greater populace.

He should be out condemning the likes of Simon Ekpa in strong terms. His statement adds fuel to the myopic belief held by the majority in the South East that the insecurity in the SE is a ploy by enemies of the region to keep the region down.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2023
Obi makes a very smart move delegitimizing the movement.

This is why I love this man. HE LISTENS!!

We all knew it wasn't going to be easy for the igbo elites to criticize this movement and Obi has just done that.
I'm hoping more igbo elites will follow suit.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2875) (2876) (2877) (2878) (2879) (2880) (2881) ... (4828) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, chidekings(m), Amoto94(m), Segedinho(m), BlueRayDick, ouzo1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.