Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,267 members, 7,846,253 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1520879 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) ... (4739) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

While I understand the motive for this and your need to dispel the lies now that everywhere has calmed down, do you honestly believe the people that propagated this gist on this platform don't know the actual truth. They do.

They are not dumb people.
You think a raumdeuter doesn't know that Yorubas are free to buy land in the east? 🤣.
Or an OasisX?

Common they all know these things.
When your fire was necessary was the heat of the moment to quench the lies as e dey hot.
But oh well.. 😁

Very succinctly put.

Many of them chose to be silent, some even decided to defend the indefensible and are now seeing the negative repercussions of that today as he has now even doubled down on some of those rhetorics and mocks Nigerians daily plight.
They don't know how to tackle him now.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 12:52am On Aug 12, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
BlueRayDick, Theflint1, izzou, Roland, disstroy and other ogas here.

Please what does Nigeria use to back the naira so it can atleast have value

Bridge the gap between Importation/ Exportation
The biggest issue is the gulf between our importation in comparison to exports. The difference is incredibly significant and it is not even close. Importation is not bad but when you are barely doing anything to attract the dollar but constantly spending, your currency will suffer. We need to bridge that gap with massive exportation. When your most reliable source of FX is remittance from the Diaspora which is fueled by the poverty in Nigeria, then you are serious wahala.

Address this Unholy Corruption.
Man of God, our politicians are stealing billions in dollars. Calculate the millions and billions (all in dollars) that have been declared missing, unaccounted for, mismanaged or confirmed to have been stolen over the last 8 years and get back to me. How about the ones we don’t know about? This recklessness has consequences on the economy. These funds have been stashed in foreign accounts or sitting somewhere in the country. This type of capital flight neutralizes whatever gain you make from diaspora remittance or even exportation.

Foreign Debt/ Foreign Reserve.
I mean look at what Buhari and Emefiele did to CBN? What is our true fx reserve at this point? No one knows. The country is in serious problem. We have increased our interest rates severally..

Make I stop for here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 12:56am On Aug 12, 2023
popizaino:

It is just an emotional sentiment of being ruled by a burkinabe for the third time and his age. Nothing else. And the set of people wanting to scatter Abidjan are just Lauren Gbagbo loyalist mostly his tribesmen. The Bette,otherwise Ouattara has the support of the whole northern cote d'ivore including Abidjan and Yamousokro. In fact,i can't think of any group/sect that doesn't speak in support of Ouattara expect Gbagbo and his people.
Leave that talk jare. They didn't know he was Burkinabe the first two times he ran? No be Cote D'Ivoire dey born am? Someone that has been in corridors of power since Boigny still dey alive or you don forget?

Mind you the protest was not just an Abidjan thing, Gagnoa and upper parts of CIV as well.

Burkina and CIV is like Nigeria and Niger. They are the slightly richer neighbors to Burkina and are very closely intertwined so make we bone that yarns. If we count 10 people wey dey stay Cote D'Ivoire. 2 or 3 na from Burkina Faso

I'm not even saying Ouattara has been a bad president far from it. He's done a lot of good work, I'm saying these people also alter the constitution and are hypocrites about it. The bottom line is he's been there longer than he should have as is typical with most West African leaders
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:15am On Aug 12, 2023
A40:
Lmaoo. Don't even go there. Me wey nearly stranded for that lungu when their protests began cos he ran again. All he had to do was step down. Why must he be president for life? Handpick successor die na him you take advantage turn constitution upside down. Person wey don 81 ohh

Minus their civil war quarrel. Cote D'Ivoire is my best west African zones so forget wetin you dey talk. That place is very dear to me

Ivorians are not complaining na him Abidjan wan scatter? Don't remind me of those times abeg oh

The guy doesn’t understand the meaning of rule of law. If someone tries the same thing in Nigeria he will be crying about democracy.

Rule of law is not only for the now but for posterity. If a good president can manipulate the constitution to essentially become a life president nothing stops a bad president from doing the same.

Ivory Coast actually needs a law banning all Boigny era politicians from running for office. Those guys have been tearing the country apart since the grand old man died.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:35am On Aug 12, 2023
Some peoples goals in life is to scream Dayo from morning till night
How can someone wake up in the midl of the night at 1am and na Dayo he dey shout
There are hundreds of topics here daily he has nothing to contribute besides screaming Dayo Dayo what a pathetic loser
Well screaming my name will not cure madness and psych issues
Long may your woes continue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:13am On Aug 12, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:38am On Aug 12, 2023
monerozi5590 right now cheesy

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:09am On Aug 12, 2023
Itsrm:

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:23am On Aug 12, 2023
afrodoc2:

The guy doesn’t understand the meaning of rule of law. If someone tries the same thing in Nigeria he will be crying about democracy.

Rule of law is not only for the now but for posterity. If a good president can manipulate the constitution to essentially become a life president nothing stops a bad president from doing the same.

Ivory Coast actually needs a law banning all Boigny era politicians from running for office. Those guys have been tearing the country apart since the grand old man died.

Gbam! It was the same third term move that Obasanjo made that turned almost everybody against him and made most people forget about the good he did to our economy .

No matter how good a president is , the moment he attempts to manipulate the constitution so he can stay in office longer than usual, he will surely erode his goodwill. If u have ruled the country for 2 terms and can’t fathom relinquishing power at the end of ur tenure , it will only be a moment before u become a dictator .

If the western world will keep backing presidents who manipulate their constitution to stay in office longer than the original constitution allows, then the people of the country can as well decide to opt for military dictators by their own volition .

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:25am On Aug 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Gbam! It was the same third term move that Obasanjo made that turned almost everybody against him and made most people forget about the good he did to our economy .

No matter how good a president is , the moment he attempts to manipulate the constitution so he can stay in office longer than usual, he will surely erode his goodwill. If u have ruled the country for 2 terms and can’t fathom relinquishing power at the end of ur tenure , it will only be a moment before u become a dictator .

If the western world will keep backing presidents who manipulate their constitution to stay in office longer than the original constitution allows, then the people of the country can as well decide to opt for military dictators by their own volition .

But Putin and Russia that is the alternative is also devising ways of making him stay forever. Now he has the right to rule till 2030 something
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:26am On Aug 12, 2023
raumdeuter:
How can someone wake up in the midl of the night at 1am and na Dayo he dey shout
There are hundreds of topics here daily he has nothing to contribute besides screaming Dayo Dayo what a pathetic loser

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:31am On Aug 12, 2023
raumdeuter:

But Putin and Russia that is the alternative is also devising ways of making him stay forever. Now he has the right to rule till 2030 something

I didn’t say they should go for Putin and Russia o. I was only speaking to the hypocrisy of the west ni.

You know nobody expects democracy from a Russia backed country tho; it’s countries being backed by France , UK , America that we expect to see true democracy there . I mean how can France help Ouattara reclaim his stolen mandate and then look away when it was time for him to leave and he was manipulating the constitution?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 6:41am On Aug 12, 2023
Itsrm:

I am not bothered sir Itsrm. People can call Buhari any name but calling him a thief or a currupt man is never true. Even his enemies will tell you this.

Please if you have time, analyse that Kelvin's guy tweets. I am not Emefiele's fan but I don't understand the negative reactions following that tweet. Emefiele will explain everything there with no sweat. Emefiele spoilt his name by going into politics and all while being the Governor of CBN sha.

CBN manages foreign exchange reserves. Is one of their core responsibilities. CBN Act 2007.

Foreign exchange reserves na assets held by CBN in foreign currency (dollar). I already knew where the Kelvin guy was heading to when I saw this three words in his posts. SDRs, foreign exchange reserves and IMF.

During Emefiele, it was non floating exchange rate. You need somehow high foreign exchange reserves to back the Naira against the dollar. We import almost everything including PMS. Like subsidy on dollar.

Yes, you can use foreign exchange reserves as collateral for loans, assets like foreign bank notes (dollars) make up foreign exchange reserves.

The Kelvin guy said the actual numbers are 50 percent of what was stated. No sane organisation or institution will give you loan without collateral.

Remember, you need high foreign exchange reserves to act as a buffer in the non floating exchange rate. Now let's say we have 10 dollars in our reserves, we borrow 10 dollars to add making 20 dollars. How much should be stated that we have in our foreign exchange reserves?

The question I expected people to be asking is why didn't Emefiele use SDRs to borrow from IMF instead of going to, in quote "two US banks" (no names). I know there are reasons for not approaching IMF, maybe constraints or something.

Buhari fixed the dollars so that things will not be too expensive even borrowing to back it up. People complained. Nigeria depends on imports, we all know.

Tinubu came and float it, no more subsidy. We can't afford it anymore. People are still complaining.

So I ask you, what exactly do we want? Until we start producing, exporting more than import and making Nigeria a very industrialised nation. The Naira will continue to depreciate against the dollars.

Dollar is the SI units of all currencies. Countries review their minimum wage with respect to the dollars to balance everything. I want FG to do the same. Not that dollars will rise and minimum wage will remain the same. Is a no no.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2023
Wahalla
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 6:57am On Aug 12, 2023
afrodoc2:

Lmao I just tire. If na by how well President perform, person like Bill Clinton should have done 3 or 4 terms

No mind am sha na typical black man thinking. He's not realizing it goes both ways. No be so Obasanjo wan do but legislative no gree am. They don't understand the necessity of these laws, everything na just their immediate sentiment but me I know for certain that the whole only Gbagbo supporters protested is big cap. People protested because of the precedent and the fact that they have been through this all before, with Bedie with same Gbagbo. They serve their terms they don't want to go

That country has seen shege and after it all I'm surprised they still have that joie de vivre. Anyway they're going one by one. Bedie just left us, let's see who's next

Where he is right is that Ouattara has done relatively well but that's besides the point. Same problem different West African country and this is why I laugh at people who take offense to Africa being referred to as a country and not a continent. Africa is really one big country. The problem in Kenya and in Guinea two men from both countries can finish each others sentences

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 7:08am On Aug 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Even the US had to amend their constitution after FDR died cos only death prevented FDR from winning 5 or more terms, as great as he was as a President they were uncomfortable with any semblance of life presidency. Power of incumbency is real and term limits are there to prevent people spinning executive power into dictatorial/monarchical power, whether they be good or bad leaders (which is highly subjective anyway).

As Fela said, what we practice in Africa is Demonstration of Craze rather than Democracy. Gbagbo that fought Boigny for decades for being undemocratic had to be forced out because he disobeyed democratic principles. Ouattara who Gbagbo was kicked out for is now repeating the same mistakes. I don’t know if it’s messianic complex or just plain greed that is worrying our leaders in Africa.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:14am On Aug 12, 2023
afrodoc2:

Even the US had to amend their constitution after FDR died cos only death prevented FDR from winning 5 or more terms, as great as he was as a President they were uncomfortable with any semblance of life presidency. Power of incumbency is real and term limits are there to prevent people spinning executive power into dictatorial/monarchical power, whether they be good or bad leaders (which is highly subjective anyway).

As Fela said, what we practice in Africa is Demonstration of Craze rather than Democracy. Gbagbo that fought Boigny for decades for being undemocratic had to be forced out because he disobeyed democratic principles. Ouattara who Gbagbo was kicked out for is now repeating the same mistakes. I don’t know if it’s messianic complex or just plain greed that is worrying our leaders in Africa.

I think it’s both . Obasanjo for example wanted to stay one more term cos he saw himself as a messiah who has charted a new course for the country and can’t bear to see another president coming on board to undo some of the good things he’s done. The greed/grip on that executive power too was also a factor ; u know when u have executive power in Africa u are above all. Even Legislature and Judiciary cower at ur feet . The appeal of that executive power is shows their greed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Havertz10: 8:21am On Aug 12, 2023
donjazzet:
Havertz10 I don't see you criticizing what Putin's Wagner is doing across Africa.

If it was the west, you would make the loudest noise. Russia is provoking instability across the African continent and it is highly destabilising.
Doing across Africa?

You amuse me, people are waking up to the fact that western influence is exploitation and you want to blame Russia for backing people that have been exploited.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2023
raumdeuter:
Baba u re too old for all that they are accusing you of na. Try too behave like an old man that I know u are.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2023
I'm recommending a series "HIJACK", I don't if anyone has said it before.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Havertz10: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Western indoctrination. the idea is to make everything complicated and manipulatable.

If a leader exhibits greatness and provides a better life for his people, I don’t have any problem with him extending his tenure

Who wrote the rule that it must be 8 years, we created those rules besides not everyone can be great at leadership, in most cases the dynamics at play would work much better with conceptual stability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2023
monerozi5590:

I am not bothered sir Itsrm. People can call Buhari any name but calling him a thief or a currupt man is never true. Even his enemies will tell you this.

Please if you have time, analyse that Kelvin's guy tweets. I am not Emefiele's fan but I don't understand the negative reactions following that tweet. Emefiele will explain everything there with no sweat. Emefiele spoilt his name by going into politics and all while being the Governor of CBN sha.

CBN manages foreign exchange reserves. Is one of their core responsibilities. CBN Act 2007.

Foreign exchange reserves na assets held by CBN in foreign currency (dollar). I already knew where the Kelvin guy was heading to when I saw this three words in his posts. SDRs, foreign exchange reserves and IMF.

During Emefiele, it was non floating exchange rate. You need somehow high foreign exchange reserves to back the Naira against the dollar. We import almost everything including PMS. Like subsidy on dollar.

Yes, you can use foreign exchange reserves as collateral for loans, assets like foreign bank notes (dollars) make up foreign exchange reserves.

The Kelvin guy said the actual numbers are 50 percent of what was stated. No sane organisation or institution will give you loan without collateral.

Remember, you need high foreign exchange reserves to act as a buffer in the non floating exchange rate. Now let's say we have 10 dollars in our reserves, we borrow 10 dollars to add making 20 dollars. How much should be stated that we have in our foreign exchange reserves?

The question I expected people to be asking is why didn't Emefiele use SDRs to borrow from IMF instead of going to, in quote "two US banks" (no names). I know there are reasons for not approaching IMF, maybe constraints or something.

Buhari fixed the dollars so that things will not be too expensive even borrowing to back it up. People complained. Nigeria depends on imports, we all know.

Tinubu came and float it, no more subsidy. We can't afford it anymore. People are still complaining.

So I ask you, what exactly do we want? Until we start producing, exporting more than import and making Nigeria a very industrialised nation. The Naira will continue to depreciate against the dollars.

Dollar is the SI units of all currencies. Countries review their minimum wage with respect to the dollars to balance everything. I want FG to do the same. Not that dollars will rise and minimum wage will remain the same. Is a no no.

Kai!!! grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2023
Na better two-by-two with nails people suppose use wipe senses into you..

At this point I don't even know if you understand what you're even typing to defend Buhari..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2023
CrystalTiger:
Na better two-by-two with nails people suppose use wipe senses into you..

At this point I don't even know if you understand what you're even typing to defend Buhari..
😂😂😂
If larride a die hard buhari supporter will be measuring curse at him yesterday
Ignore that one jare his brain have been programmed to asslick buhari

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2023
Now this is quality football
Female football should start from quarter final abeg
This ball was going in until this happened

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Havertz10:
Western indoctrination. the idea is to make everything complicated and manipulatable.

If a leader exhibits greatness and provides a better life for his people, I don’t have any problem with him extending his tenure

Who wrote the rule that it must be 8 years, we created those rules besides not everyone can be great at leadership, in most cases the dynamics at play would work much better with conceptual stability.

U are missing the point . It’s not a west vs a Russian argument .

I’m premising my argument on the fact that let’s assume we all want to live based on western values , it’s hypocrisy on the part of the west to look away when African leaders extend their stay in office when their own leaders don’t do that. Yet they claim they are focused on promoting democracy in Africa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:29am On Aug 12, 2023
monerozi5590:

I don't even know where to start from

In other words, Buhari the saint was surrounded by thieves, he enabled and encouraged stealing but just never participated in it. I'm sure even Buhari will be shocked reading the bolded cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2023
Once again, my post was deleted. grin grin

Okay something is definitely up.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2023
Why do i feel like there is a kind of mutiny within ecowas.
What abt Ghana? Liberia? Togo? Cape Verde? person no dey hear dia voice?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2023
donjazzet:
Once again, my post was deleted. grin grin

Okay something is definitely up.

U dey follow the old man bumper 2 bumper. But why is he putting much effort 2 delete those post?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) ... (4739) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ajd19, superfelix, Roland17(m), Segedinho(m), a4turitoroman and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.