Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1449957 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (4636) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:44am On Sep 06, 2023
Theflint1:
Omor, food wey no go reach 2 year old pikin chop na im full grown man dey chop and the crazy thing is a fair number of those guys are innocent or have spent more time in prison than they should typically have spent for their crime.

This is one sad part of being a Nigerian .

I watched the video of a guy recently who was remanded in prison in 2015 when Buhari got to power and was released shortly after Buhari left in 2023 . He spent 8 years of his life in remand for a crime he didn’t commit.

His neighbour accused him of defiling his (the neighbour’s) daughter ; due to how serious a crime rape is , the judge ordered that he be remanded after the first hearing. The said Neighbours daughter eventually confessed the man was innocent , but when u no quick settle
Nigeria police they willl push ur case to the court and allow u to be facing wahala promax for ur “strong head “‘and claiming I too know .

Unfortunately for him, the police IPO handling his case never showed after the first hearing so the judge kept adjourning his case in subsequent hearings so months turned to years while he was awaiting trial . The man was only lucky that lawyers going to prisons for CSR reviewed his case, stood for him and prevailed on the judge to throw out the case after 8 years 🤦‍♂️

Nigeria na jungle
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:47am On Sep 06, 2023
A001:
Human life is very cheap in Nigeria. While many inmates in Nigerian prisons were jailed for crimes they actually committed, some inmates were jailed or remanded wrongfully.

For the latter case, there have been a series of examples of people that were remanded or jailed unjustly, who regained their freedom, and their time in prison actually assisted them in achieving greatness later in life.

Wole Soyinka is a good example. When you visit Nigerian prisons, you hear different stories.

If some people weren't remanded or jailed, they could actually have died if they were free.

Sometimes, what a person sees as bad is not, and the converse is also true.

Funny enough, even some people, who think they're free because they're not in prison, are even in a much worse cage, the mental type, than those in a correctional center.

Nevertheless, crime doesn't pay, and for those scheming, plotting, and planning the downfall of others or how to defraud others, may the forces of the Universe make them "use their head to carry their evil plans", or nature or the law will catch up with them.
Isee
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:41am On Sep 06, 2023
Oasis003:

Orisa and Kesari, have you seen any of it?
Are they put
Netflix doesn't have any yet
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:58am On Sep 06, 2023
Omo... E be like tension Don dey build.
Worst day to go to work😩😩😩
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 7:23am On Sep 06, 2023
The court will deliver its judgement and heaven will not fall irrespective of the direction it goes.

But I'm open to be entertained by the opposite happening. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2023
The more I read this book , I just can’t help but shake my head at the fact that our present leaders (who are mostly elderly people who lived through those times ) did not learn much from history with the way they handle things in present day Nigeria 🤦‍♂️

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2023
These are the Citizens of Niger protesting at the embassy of France for them to leave their country.

Right to protest is a fundamental human right that cannot be prohibited in a democracy.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:39am On Sep 06, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is one sad part of being a Nigerian .

I watched the video of a guy recently who was remanded in prison in 2015 when Buhari got to power and was released shortly after Buhari left in 2023 . He spent 8 years of his life in remand for a crime he didn’t commit.

His neighbour accused him of defiling his (the neighbour’s) daughter ; due to how serious a crime rape is , the judge ordered that he be remanded after the first hearing. The said Neighbours daughter eventually confessed the man was innocent , but when u no quick settle
Nigeria police they willl push ur case to the court and allow u to be facing wahala promax for ur “strong head “‘and claiming I too know .

Unfortunately for him, the police IPO handling his case never showed after the first hearing so the judge kept adjourning his case in subsequent hearings so months turned to years while he was awaiting trial . The man was only lucky that lawyers going to prisons for CSR reviewed his case, stood for him and prevailed on the judge to throw out the case after 8 years 🤦‍♂️

Nigeria na jungle
And settling sometimes means writing a written statement confessing to the crime. Problem with this is you don't even know how it's going to go from there on, whether you find yourself behind bars because you after all confessed to the crime, or needing to cough up some insane amount to kill the case.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2023
BlueRayDick:
The more I read this book , I just can’t help but shake my head at the fact that our present leaders (who are mostly elderly people who lived through those times ) did not learn much from history with the way they handle things in present day Nigeria 🤦‍♂️

Nahh, I really need to lay hands on this book. It's too rich in information.

But do you have a firm belief that these information are totally factual and unbiased?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Are they put
Netflix doesn't have any yet

...not yet, still showing at Cinemas.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 7:50am On Sep 06, 2023
grin

......make I go arrange Buckets and Drums. This thread go need am in few hours time.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2023
DontBullshitMe:
The court will deliver its judgement and heaven will not fall irrespective of the direction it goes.

But I'm open to be entertained by the opposite happening. cheesy

Lmao you are sure you are opened to be entertained by the opposite happening?
Do you have family here? 😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 7:55am On Sep 06, 2023
Nigerians protested, the Nigerian government chased them away, the youths decided to form a new political block and protest at the ballot. You rigged the entire process and announced an illegitimate result, announcing results that were not yet on the results portal (which was supposed to be live) and the ones that had clearly been mutilated and tampered with. After this brazen illegality, you told them to go to court, that the judiciary will be just and will do the right thing. A judiciary known for being highly corrupt and susceptible to the whims and caprices of the corrupt political class.

A judiciary compromised of nepotistic appointments.
Any nigerian here who speaks against the rights of fellow nigerians to peacefully protest after this blatant injustice habors evil in his heart.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:57am On Sep 06, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Omo... E be like tension Don dey build.
Worst day to go to work😩😩😩

Tension online?

Na the only place wey i don see tension.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2023
Oasis003:
grin

......make I go arrange Buckets and Drums. This thread go need am in few hours time.

Of course, supporters of evil.

Oasis, i asked you to this before and you cowardly ran.

. Do you believe that rigging took place in the last general elections? And do you believe that the number INEC declared for Tinubu 8.74 million is an accurate figure and reflects the amount of Nigerians that voted for him?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:05am On Sep 06, 2023
Spy360:

You should thank and acknowledge me for the bolded undecided
Lols, why should I? Have you seen me on this forum where I told anyone I'm an atheist at any specific time? Since leaving religion around 8 years ago, I've never been a pure atheist. Don't mistake my support for atheists, who are fellow freethinkers like me, to mean I'm an atheist.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:07am On Sep 06, 2023
donjazzet:

Nahh, I really need to lay hands on this book. It's too rich in information.

But do you have a firm belief that these information are totally factual and unbiased?

Well I was not there to witness the events but the book was published in 1981 and the author is one of the 3 leaders of the 1966 coup.

All he did in the book was give his own account of events in Nigeria pre-independence, the political intrigues of the first republic and factors that necessitated himself and other young officers of the Nigerian Army to step-in to attempt seizing power.

You know it's his own account ; so we may have people who don't agree with his account sha. But I can tell u that some of the stuff I've read in other books about the first republic I have verified that agree with his account. For example how the Population Census of 1961 was rejected by Tafawa Balewa Government because it didn't favour the North and new one was ordered in 1963 just to enusre the North has more Legislative Seats in government .

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 8:08am On Sep 06, 2023
izzou:

Tension online?

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2023
donjazzet:

Of course, supporters of evil.

Oasis, i asked you to this before and you cowardly ran.

. Do you believe that rigging took place in the last general elections? And do you believe that the number INEC declared for Tinubu 8.74 million is an accurate figure and reflects the amount of Nigerians that voted for him?

grin

.....before I answer your questions, you should answer this question first. Did rigging take place in South East for Peter Obi?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2023
BlueRayDick:

You also have to remember that while all this was going on the federal government had jailed Awolowo for sedition and treasonable felony, while everybody knew that their real goal was to snatch the West from him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2023
izzou:

Tension online?

Lmao.. Omo
I dey go towards mile 2 today.
Friend in ago dey yarn me say their side dey tensed up.
So just trying to be careful😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2023
Oasis003:

grin

.....before I answer your questions, you should answer this question first. Did rigging take place in South East for Peter Obi?

I have not seen evidence of this and it defies logic entirely that south east governors would rig for obi and then rig themselves out. Have you seen what happened in Abia, Enugu, Anambra where heavyweights all lost their elections?

So who will do this rigging for obi?? So no it defies logic entirely. No single south east governor came out and boldly supported Obi, NONE! instead he was attacked by all of them from top to down there with many of them voted out.

So tell me, is it soludo, gburugburu, ikpeazu, umahi or uzodinjo that will rig for Obi?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:21am On Sep 06, 2023
After fayemi's confession, I wonder what "truth" will be revealed 10yrs from now by a politician 😁

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2023
afrodoc2:

You also have to remember that while all this was going on the federal government had jailed Awolowo for sedition and treasonable felony, while everybody knew that their real goal was to snatch the West from him.

Yeah. I have read that part, the NPC really went hard on AG in the west and they found a willing ally in SL Akintola.

They even created Mid-Western region out of the West despite the West being the smallest of the 3 original regions; all just to reduce the influence of Awolowo's AG at the Federal level
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2023
If you allow yourself get unnecessarily triggered by taunting of BATists about the envisaged PEPT judgement, then you should wake up to reality.

We'd all still buy refined petroleum products at the same prices, deal with the attendant effects of inflation, deal with the negativity from the international community and the scorn of being Nigerian (or of Nigerian descent even via immigration).

We'd all still deal with the insecurity, chaos, and every vice there is. Well, directly or indirectly from lamenting and pressuring relatives and long-time acquaintances.

Just like Wale Edun and Fayemi confessing in recent days, enjoy the fleeting satisfaction of "winning" a battle via propaganda and scuttling processes while the war ravishes the very fibre of hope holding this country.

This is my consolidation so when I read such taunts I have a wry smile form on my face. We will all learn eventually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:39am On Sep 06, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. Omo
I dey go towards mile 2 today.
Friend in ago dey yarn me say their side dey tensed up.
So just trying to be careful😁

The real upset is if Tinubu is not declared president. That would be the shocker.

Offline, everybody has moved on. It is only online that people support Tinubu. The common masses that voted him are regretting. Lessons don begin fast.

Tomorrow would be another sunny/rainy day.

Markets go open by 10am, and insha Allah, it would be peaceful

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:40am On Sep 06, 2023
KingTom:
grin grin

Na only here i dey see protests and tension.

Offline, people are struggling to breathe
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 8:40am On Sep 06, 2023
DissTroy:
If you allow yourself get unnecessarily triggered by taunting of BATists about the envisage PEPT judgement, then you should wake up to reality.

We'd all still buy refined petroleum products at the same prices, deal with the attendant effects of inflation, deal with the negativity from the international community and the scorn of being Nigerian (or of Nigerian descent even via immigration).

We'd all still deal with the insecurity, chaos, and every vice there is. Well, directly or indirectly from lamenting and pressuring relatives and long-time acquaintances.

Just like Wale Edun and Fayemi confessing in recent days, enjoy the fleeting satisfaction of "winning" a battle via propaganda and scuttling processes while the war ravishes the very fibre of hope holding this country.

This is my consolidation so when I read such taunts I have a wry smile form on my face. We will all learn eventually.
Please if another candidate wins, are the prices of commodities going to reduce automatically?

Will the negativity and ill treatment from the international community disappear overnight?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 8:41am On Sep 06, 2023
I'm actually surprised by the amount of people concerned with the result of this so called judicial process..Unless for some reason people think the judiciary is independent of the corrupt wasteland which is the country Nigeria...In Summary, if you think this has an happy ending then you've not been paying attention..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 8:41am On Sep 06, 2023
izzou:

The real upset is if Tinubu is not declared president. That would be the shocker.

Offline, everybody has moved on. It is only online that people support Tinubu. The common masses that voted him are regretting. Lessons don begin fast.

Tomorrow would be another sunny/rainy day.

Markets go open by 10am, and insha Allah, it would be peaceful
Nothing will happen, people are going about their normal businesses. Nigerians online live in a parallel universe.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 8:50am On Sep 06, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
Please if another candidate wins, are the prices of commodities going to reduce automatically?

Will the negativity and ill treatment from the international community disappear overnight?

Yar' Adua reduced the price of petrol from #85 to #65.

Nigeria rose to the largest economy in Africa and the fastest-growing economy in the world at some point under Goodluck.

Maybe with another candidate winning the negativity wouldn't reduce; maybe it would. But we all know a President with a drug-trafficking and hazy background worsens that negativity for sure.
Even other Africans who are indebted to us now openly taunt us for having a drug-trafficking president. All you need do is google it.

But, never mind logic and objectivity, let's go around in circles asking questions with obvious answers. After all, I read your justification for the irregularities two days ago as nothing more than a game and "playing street".

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2023
DissTroy:

Yar' Adua reduced the price of petrol from #85 to #65.

Nigeria rose to the largest economy in Africa and the fastest-growing economy in the world at some point under Goodluck.

Maybe with another candidate winning the negativity wouldn't reduce; maybe it would. But we all know a President with a drug-trafficking and hazy background worsens that negativity for sure.
Even other Africans who are indebted to us now openly taunt us for having a drug-trafficking president. All you need do is google it.

But, never mind logic and objectivity, let's go around in circles asking questions with obvious answers. After all, I read your justification for the irregularities two days ago as nothing more than a game and "playing street".
logic and objectivity dictates that the price of fuel is hinged on subsidy removal. All the candidates promised to remove subsidy during the campaigns. Are you insinuating that if any of Atiku or obi wins, we'll go back to paying subsidies?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (4636) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Leitner, cephasdultimate and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.