Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,418 members, 7,853,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1548321 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) ... (4798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:16am On Oct 13, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

if u have your evidence, write a formal complain to NPF or federal ministry of mines & steel development. One of the new governor in SE don go seal site where people dey mine coal. na people give am information no be spirit/ghost

According 2 u, the people of Niger & Nigeria don't need a nuclear power plant & lithium battery plant? After all, Ur western masters dey buy d uranium & lithium @ international price.

I wonder why FG kicked Tesla out of the deal?

Wetin consign Lithium with nuclear power and how do you draw equivalence between both? Okpa done enter your brain so?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:24am On Oct 13, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:25am On Oct 13, 2023
grin

...Dino too mumu sha. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 8:25am On Oct 13, 2023
A001:

Na you own Nairaland? My posts here are well in line with the purpose of this thread. If the things I say here are too difficult for you to understand, simply ignore the posts.

The question here is; WHO IS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE?

Because you have derided every single individual who engaged you as "mentally and intellectually inferior".

Just name a single person who you feel measures up to your perceived intellect since everyone here is a fool and a child that doesn't know their left or right.

If you can't name a single person who you intend to influence, why not just spare us the stress of your posts which we seem to be largely very nonsensical? Why punish us with these very long nonsenses.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:32am On Oct 13, 2023
cool

....Eagles wiil use Saudi team this evening as "Aroko" to our Group Members.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:33am On Oct 13, 2023
Γ–zil
Praying for humanity. 🀲🏼 Praying for peace. πŸ€²πŸΌπŸ‡΅πŸ‡Έ Innocent people and especially innocent kids are losing their lives in the war - on both sides. It's so heartbreaking & sad. πŸ˜₯πŸ’” PLEASE STOP THE WAR!!! ❌❌❌

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:34am On Oct 13, 2023
Amoto94:

Read and learn or Keep quiet. Let say Sunday Igboho led group or OPC launched an attack against NA in Ikorodu and in return the NA decided to attack killing indiscriminately including one of your own I know you will not be sounding like this. Ordinary SARS dealt with you and till date you're still traumatized by that experience, talk is cheap when you are far removed from another person's reality
You are not making sense as usual, go and take arms with your terrorist brothers or fvck off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This did not answer my question.

What language should a multi ethnic society like Nigeria adopt ? Will the language be created afresh by selected linguists or the peope who belong to Idoma, Egun, Eggon, Ikale, Ebira , Junkun tribes be forced to adopt either of the 3 major languages (Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa) In Nigeria as a language of instruction/learning?

Let's be real here, let's talk about the practicality of these lofty ideas.
These are real, practicable ideas which many educators and students adopted and have been using in other non-English-speaking countries around the world for years, not lofty ideas like those in your religious texts.

For Nigeria or even Africa, there's no need to develop or adopt any new language as a lingua fraca for the continent.

Africans just need to develop their native languages and create or adopt local words for concepts and principles in philosophy and STEM so the continent can move with the times and stay relevant.

If not, African languages and cultures will die in the near future. A culture that doesn't move with the times will lose relevance and die sooner or later.

Each ethnic group or tribe should develop their own native language and adopt it as the primary mode of communication. And everyone uses English as a secondary mode of communication.

Simple. English language should only be a primary mode of communication for the people of England and those areas derived from them unless you want to go back to the colonial era.

The French, the Chinese, the Germans, the Polish, and many other progressive societies around the world use their native language as the primary mode of communication and English as secondary.

That's the reality of things. No one is discussing lofty ideas here, but real, practicable ideas.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:41am On Oct 13, 2023
When the mentally infirm one mentioning me treats his maniac condition, I'd engage him. Not here for senseless discussions about wiping out African cultures
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:43am On Oct 13, 2023
A001:

These are real, practicable ideas which many educators and students adopted and have been using in other non-English-speaking countries, not lofty ideas like those in your religious texts.

For Nigeria or even Africa, there's no need to develop or adopt any new language as a lingua fraca for the continent.

Africans just need to develop their native languages and create or adopt local words for concepts and principles in philosophy and STEM so the continent can move with the times and stay relevant.

If not, African languages and cultures will die in the near future. A culture that doesn't move with the times will lose relavance and die sooner or later.

Each ethnic group or tribe should develop their own native language and adopt it as the primary mode of communication. And everyone uses English as a secondary mode of communication.

Simple. English language should only be a primary mode of communication for the people of England unless you want to go back to the colonial era.

The French, the Chinese, the Germans, the Polish, and many other progressive societies around the world use their native language as the primary mode of communication and English as secondary.

That's the reality of things. No one is discussing lofty ideas here, but real, practicable ideas.

So in effect u are saying an Idoma man should learn Chemistry in Idoma, an Egun man should learn Mechanical Engineering in Egun and Ebira man should learn coding in Ebira language right?

So what happens if they are to collaborate in a petrochemical company on the same project? How do they all consolidate their respective works on a singular project?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:45am On Oct 13, 2023
OasisX:
πŸ“ŒπŸ“ŒπŸ“Œ

Where did you get that burnt baby picture from? Those pictures were blurred. How can you unblur images from different sources?

So what justifies a war against a terrorist organisation?

So you still don't believe 1000+ of civilians including women, children, men and service men/women were killed by Hamas?

Egypt has refused to set up safe corridor. They can only allow humanitarian aid but won't allow Gazans into their territory. Security reasons I guess.

Humanity first. Civilians should be protected at all times even in war. Gazans should be protected.

On the flip side of things, if Hamas or other terrorist groups have the upper hands, they would have wiped Isreal from that region.

We still remember the genocide committed against the Yazidis religious group in Iraq.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2023
Amoto94:
Sadly, I may have to agree partially with Shaykh Teejay that some of the people we are sharing the geographic space with are intellectually retarded.
I understand your point but Benette was also stating facts.

He asked what the journalist would do if people fired at you and your kids and afterwards ran to hide behind their kids.

The double standards from all sides are glaring. The ones that accuse the NA of crimes yet are praising the Israelis and the others who turn a blind eye when the Palestinians kill Israelis only to cry foul when the Israelis retaliate...

It's the innocent civilians who will suffer and sadly so.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:47am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

So in effect u are saying an Idoma man should learn Chemistry in Idoma, an Egun man should learn Mechanical Engineering in Egun and Ebira man should learn coding in Ebira language right?

So what happens if they are to collaborate in a petrochemical company on the same project? How do they all consolidate their respective works on a singular project?
Read the post you quoted again. The answer is stated there clearly: Each ethnic group uses its native language as the primary mode of communication and English as the secondary mode of communication.

These are simple issues really, and this is the standard way of doing things in many non-English-speaking countries around the world.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:48am On Oct 13, 2023
izzou:

No sir, we cannot be practical.

We will rather use countries where they have 5 different languages as samples.

That's the mistake most people make. They don't even know how ethnically diverse this country is.

A friend of mine during NYSC told me that in his LGA alone in Plateau state they have as much as 13 different languages spoken by different tribes/ethnic group. He said the funny thing is they don't even understand each other's language so they have no choice but to learn Hausa to be able to communicate to their neighbors

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2023
Ibime:

Wetin co sign Lithium with nuclear power and how do you draw equivalence between both? Okpa done enter your brain so?

Dis your amala no go fit turn.. Uranium just like lithium are natural resourses.. We have it in abundance in Africa. Tesla went to Abuja, told FG to give them license to mine & export Nigeria Lithium. FG rightfully rejected it the colonial deal. FG told them they must establish their industry & do the production here, export battery & electronic vehicle part from Nigerha. Tesla ran away. Now CHINESE Gafeng, world 3rd largest lithium battery producer has accepted our offer. The same West are pushing hard for Green Energy yet they are not helping Africans to go Green. Fg dey serious dey establish EV battery charging station all over the country but the US want 2 have d license to mine & export our lithium. Na people like u who are myopic dey defend them..na una type dem dey sponsor 4 highest political office in d land so d master~slave sh!t go on.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2023
Amoto94:
This
In other words, Palestine should first arm themselves to the level they can defeat Israel before attacking Israel...

Nothing about condemning violence but the whole cry is because Palestinians are on the losing side.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:54am On Oct 13, 2023
A001:

Read the post you quoted again. The answer is stated there clearly: Each ethnic group uses its native language as the primary mode of communication and English as the secondary mode of communication.

These are simple issues really, and this is the standard way of doing this in many non-English-speaking countries around the world.

You need to be explicit here ; what exactly do u mean by primary mode of communication and secondary mode of communication?

The video I reacted to ; the speaker clearly pointed to a Chinese learning Medicine in Chinese, an Indian leading medicine in Hindu. You as well had been going on about learning STEM in one's language.

So what happens if as a Mechanical Engineer I learnt about machines In Yoruba and You as a chemist learnt about Ur chemicals in TIV need to collaborate on a project? Do I need to first translate my works to English before u can understand them? If yes, then the whole agitation for indigenous Language in STEM is a complete waste of everybody's time.

We are still talking about Nigeria here Γ³, we've not even talked about a Ga tribeman from Ghana collaborating with a Swahili speaking person from East Africa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:56am On Oct 13, 2023
Maybe some people are living inside a rock or cave. I don't know. Billions of humans around the world understand at least more than one language. Personally, I understand three languages at least and am learning a couple of others. Some are just making a big deal out nothing.

The world is diverse, and that's the natural state of things, and every human doesn't have to be under your slave masters, the English people.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:57am On Oct 13, 2023
monerozi5590:

Where did you get that burnt baby picture from? Those pictures were blurred. How can you unblur images from different sources?

So what justifies a war against a terrorist organisation?

So you still don't believe 1000+ of civilians including women, children, men and service men/women were killed by Hamas?

Egypt has refused to set up safe corridor. They can only allow humanitarian aid but won't allow Gazans into their territory. Security reasons I guess.

Humanity first. Civilians should be protected at all times even in war. Gazans should be protected.

On the flip side of things, if Hamas or other terrorist groups have the upper hands, they would have wiped Isreal from that region.

We still remember the genocide committed against the Yazidis religious group in Iraq.

grin

....how some of una dey reason at times eh. Is it a must to align or be on the same page always?!

You believe what you believe, pls allow me to believe what I believe too, and stop assuming or thinking for me.

If your deduction from the screenshots are the gibberish you assumed up there, fine for you.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

You need to be explicit here ; what exactly do u mean by primary mode of communication and secondary mode of communication?

The video I reacted to ; the speaker clearly pointed to a Chinese learning Medicine in Chinese, an Indian leading medicine in French. You as well had been going on about learning STEM in one's language.

So what happens if as a Mechanical Engineer I learnt about machines In Yoruba and You as a chemist learnt about Ur chemicals in TIV need to collaborate on a project? Do I need to first translate my works to English before u can understand them? If yes, then the whole agitation for indigenous Language in STEM is a complete waste of everybody's time.

We are still talking about Nigeria here Γ³, we've not even talked about a Ga tribeman from Ghana collaborating with a Swahili speaking person from East Africa
This post addresses your question already.
A001:

These are real, practicable ideas which many educators and students adopted and have been using in other non-English-speaking countries around the world for years, not lofty ideas like those in your religious texts.

If not, African languages and cultures will die in the near future. A culture that doesn't move with the times will lose relevance and die sooner or later.

Simple. English language should only be a primary mode of communication for the people of England and those areas derived from them unless you want to go back to the colonial era.

In an area with multiple languages, each tribe adopts its native language as the primary mode of communication and learning. In such areas, they'll use the popular languages there as the secondary modes of communication (other popular native language, English, etc.).

Even in such areas, what you find is that the people there already speak more than one language.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2023
Ibime:

Whether true or exaggerated, the verifiable shooting of hiding families (including children) and gunning down of fleeing festival goers in the back is enough barbarity to make it a moot point. They can, would and did shoot babies. Genocide does not care for age. Beheading and burning is just extra Maggi added to appeal to public sympathies.
You are explaining to a coward terrorist shocked shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kkins25(m): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The video I reacted to ; the speaker clearly pointed to a Chinese learning Medicine in Chinese, an Indian leading medicine in French. You as well had been going on about learning STEM in one's language.

I agree with this.. For a country like Nigeria, having information in a unified language is better. Seperating them will create more divide.. Infact, the Whole of Africa should do same... Our division in the continent is too great.. and we're suffering it..

An American has access to virtually every corner of the world, but an African can't even do business with his neighboring country.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 9:05am On Oct 13, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....how some of una dey reason at times eh. Is it a must to align or be on the same page always?!

You believe what you believe, pls allow me to believe what I believe too, and stop assuming or thinking for me.

If your deduction from the screenshots are the gibberish you assumed up there, fine for you.

No. You were in agreement in what Hamas did in Israel. My take is for civilians to be protected at all times. I don't support killings of civilians.

Here is the meaning of solidarity.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2023
monerozi5590:

No. You were in agreement in what Hamas did in Israel. My take is for civilians to be protected at all times. I don't support killings of civilians.

Here is the meaning of solidarity.

grin

....LOL! Can you quote the post pls?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:07am On Oct 13, 2023
If I belong to a minority tribe in an area now, I'd adopt my language as the primary mode of communication and learning so that my language doesn't die. In relating with others, I'd use the popular language(s) in the area, such as other African native language or English or French, etc. Simple issue.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:09am On Oct 13, 2023
A001:

This post addresses your question already.

In an area with multiple languages, each tribe adopts its native language as the primary mode of communication and learning. In such areas, they'll use the popular languages there as the secondary modes of communication (other popular native language, English, etc.).

Even in such areas, what you find is that the people there already speak more than one language.

Then this is a complete waste of everybody's time.....What's the essence of learning in Ur native language only to communicate that knowledge to someone else in another secondary language?

What has been acheived through that unnecessary stress? Tell me.

There's nothing wrong with people learning and promoting the use of their indigenous Language but we need to be practical about adopting Indigenous Language as language of insutruction/learning will work in heterogenous society like ours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....LOL! Can you quote the post pls?!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2023
monerozi5590:

grin

....and where in the screenshot proves your allegation? Solidarity for Palestine [freedom from Israel by the way] means supporting Hamas right?!

Take your time to read my posts on this matter from beginning pls.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Dis your amala no go fit turn.. Uranium just like lithium are natural resourses.. We have it in abundance in Africa. Tesla went to Abuja, told FG to give them license to mine & export Nigeria Lithium. FG rightfully rejected it the colonial deal. FG told them they must establish their industry & do the production here, export battery & electronic vehicle part from Nigerha. Tesla ran away. Now CHINESE Gafeng, world 3rd largest lithium battery producer has accepted our offer. The same West are pushing hard for Green Energy yet they are not helping Africans to go Green. Fg dey serious dey establish EV battery charging station all over the country but the US want 2 have d license to mine & export our lithium. Na people like u who are myopic dey defend them..na una type dem dey sponsor 4 highest political office in d land so d master~slave sh!t go on.

Let China go and set up nuclear power plant in Niger, simple, since Lithium and Uranium are equivalent.

Tesla is a private company. American Government does not determine their business decisions. If it was profitable for them to do so, they would take the deal. Learn how the world works.

Just this week, I've been doing some consulting work for one ministry in Nigeria who insist that the service must be produced locally. When we ran the numbers and consulted the specialists, we found that Nigeria will have to produce more than 6 times the capacity of what they are requesting in order to make local production remotely financially viable, otherwise the best bet is to procure internationally from a source that already serves different countries, and produce at a volume that makes the per unit cost financially viable. Yet the insistence is that we press ahead with local made at a capacity that serves just the Nigerian market which will be a major loss maker and financial drain on FG. This is what they call white elephant project. I will leave you to guess who is incentivised financially by that. What matters to them is to get FG to release the funds, and I'm sure you will celebrate the white elephant when the news come out. Just like Nigeria Air, most of these projects are just avenues for other personal goals.

And while Chinese are at it, they should set up an agreement with Nigeria for the gold mining in Zamfara like other civilised countries do when mining resources.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 9:13am On Oct 13, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Brilliant post, Lithium might just be the oil of the future. This is the kind of decision from federal government worth hearing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2023
kkins25:

I agree with this.. For a country like Nigeria, having information in a unified language is better. Seperating them will create more divide.. Infact, the Whole of Africa should do same... Our division in the continent is too great.. and we're suffering it..

An American has access to virtually every corner of the world, but an African can't even do business with his neighboring country.

I'm telling u!

It's more like dividing uz more and more than we are already divided.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2023
kkins25:

Lols, if the whole continent does the same and put all information in English as the unified language, you're back to colonial era again.

You can't have it both ways. If you want Africa to go back to colonial rule, that's when you'll be calling for the use of English as the unified language for Africa.

Then also be ready to adopt Christianity as the official religion of Africa as well. I don't think you people understand the huge influence of a language on a people.

The way forward is for every tribe/ethnic group in Africa to adopt their native language as the primary mode of communication and English language or any other popular language as the secondary mode(s) of communication.

That doesn't create any division among the African people and ethnic groups.

That way, each ethnic group or nation can be sovereign/independent and still be able to interact with other Africans in the same continent or region.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) ... (4798) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, patrickmuf(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.