Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,397 members, 7,853,769 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1547904 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) (3582) (3583) (3584) ... (4798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2023
monerozi5590:

I understand the shooter was a military officer and had one time spent two weeks in mental health facility.

I think people with mental health issues should not have access to guns
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
But na everywhere you wan dey enter strapped when no be say you dey live for Baghdad?

You wan go restock maggi for Costco–you must stay strapped

You wan go watch Batman–you must stay strapped

You wan try jog around the block—niggah stay strapped

Haba mana grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2023
DeadPresidents:
But na everywhere you wan dey enter strapped when no be say you dey live for Baghdad?

You wan go restock maggi for Costco–you must stay strapped

You wan go watch Batman–you must stay strapped

You wan try jog around the block—niggah stay strapped

Haba mana grin

If you dey go church strapped why not costco or Movie? The bad guy coming does not care, he is looking for places where people will lose guard

Na the old grandmas sef dey pack shotguns pass
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by wman(m): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

I think people with mental health issues should not have access to guns

They'll say that you are discriminating against them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

With a population of over 300m people how many police would be needed? Some people are in rural areas where the nearest police is over 1hr away

I like how the comparison to US you could come up with is Australia an Island not a country bordering a cartel ruled nation like Mexico.

Drugs/Cocaine has always been banned in US, yet million of Tonnes get smuggled in daily, so how hard will it be to ship guns into the hand of bad actors while law abiding citizens just hope and wait to be shot like its usually in Naija when 5 armed robbers will write a letter to the estate and unchallenged

I will be interested in a First world country bordering a 3rd world country where half of the territory is controlled by non state actors to see how their gun control will be

If Canada, Sweden or Australia shared over 1000miles of land border with say Somalia or Syria or Colombia that would have been a very good comparison
If there will be access to guns it should be short guns and revolver not assorted machine guns,pump action and rifles
You guys just they purge unaself for that side
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
wman:

Wahala no they finish
Mad people sef get right even though their brain doesn't agree they do
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

That is why i am asking. LOL

Most parents lose factory settings when their kids are in danger, and it is hard to think that a father with a gun will be hiding from another man with a gun when his children's lives are in danger.

It is not even about courage. It is about loss of factory setting. grin

I am unapologetic about being selfish in such situation. Like I'm faced with a gun wielding psycho running rampage and I will put myself in danger when he has my location marked out? It can't be me o.

I will only take my chances if the psycho is blindsided from where I'm hidding. So many brave men have gone and their families lived happily ever after.

I will make a logical choice in that situation and not an emotional one that will get me killed. I'm just being honest
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
wman:

You can't drive a car if you are not mentally capable
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

If there will be access to guns it should be short guns and revolver not assorted machine guns,pump action and rifles
You guys just they purge unaself for that side

If you know the fine girls you can even meet at gun clubs all ages. When the eke bird has learnt to fly without perching the hunter should learn to shoot without missing

Pick your choice here from handguns to rifles
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

With a population of over 300m people how many police would be needed? Some people are in rural areas where the nearest police is over 1hr away

I like how the comparison to US you could come up with is Australia an Island not a country bordering a cartel ruled nation like Mexico.

Drugs/Cocaine has always been banned in US, yet million of Tonnes get smuggled in daily, so how hard will it be to ship guns into the hand of bad actors while law abiding citizens just hope and wait to be shot like its usually in Naija when 5 armed robbers will write a letter to the estate and unchallenged

I will be interested in a First world country bordering a 3rd world country where half of the territory is controlled by non state actors to see how their gun control will be

If Canada, Sweden or Australia shared over 1000miles of land border with say Somalia or Syria or Colombia that would have been a very good comparison
Cocaine is very cheap to make but expensive smuggle because there is ban on it.

Guns and ammos are expensive to make and it will be even more expensive to smuggle than cocaine. I don't think anyone poor fela with mental problem will be able to afford it let alone go on killing spree.
You have to be actually be rich enough to afford a smuggled military grade assault rifles to commit mass shooting.

Armed robbers or petty criminals are everywhere. It's easier to call police to come and deal with criminal or undercover police cracking down on criminal organization than someone that just randomly goes into church or bowling alley to shoot random people because he wasn't loved enough when he was a kid.

They can recruit more police. Policing in America is hard and people are avoiding the job because most of the citizens are armed. As a police man, you sometimes can't tell the difference between a regular person and a criminal.

Ordinary stop and search in Nigeria that naija police will flex muscle is a life and death situation In america.
No one wants that type of job unlike Nigeria that you are automatically a criminal if police finds you with a gun until proven otherwise.

For the rural areas, there are jurisdictions in us. those in rural areas can have access to guns issued by police only and Not off the shelf assault rifles and military grade weapons.

It must be registered and proper background check and gun safety training from time to time. And once you lose your licence to own fire arm, you cannot be allowed to carry one.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

If you know the fine girls you can even meet at gun clubs all ages. When the eke bird has learnt to fly without perching the hunter should learn to shoot without missing

Pick your choice here from handguns to rifles
And all these are accessible
E dan finish be that, why civilians no go they compete with police
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
ribbit:
Cocaine is very cheap to make but expensive smuggle because there is ban on it.

Guns and ammos are expensive to make and it will be even more expensive to smuggle than cocaine. I don't think anyone poor fela with mental problem will be able to afford it let alone go on killing spree.
You have to be actually be rich enough to afford a smuggled military grade assault rifles to commit mass shooting.

Armed robbers or petty criminals are everywhere. It's easier to call police to come and deal with criminal or undercover police cracking down on criminal organization than someone that just randomly goes into church or bowling alley to shoot random people because he wasn't loved enough when he was a kid.

They can recruit more police. Policing in America is hard and people are avoiding the job because most of the citizens are armed. As a police man, you sometimes can't tell the difference between a regular person and a criminal.

Ordinary stop and search in Nigeria that naija police will flex muscle is a life and death situation In america.
No one wants that type of job unlike Nigeria that you are automatically a criminal if police finds you with a gun until proven otherwise.

For the rural areas, there are jurisdictions in us. those in rural areas can have access to guns issued by police only and Not off the shelf assault rifles and military grade weapons.

It must be registered and proper background check and gun safety training from time to time. And once you lose your licence to own fire arm, you cannot be allowed to carry one.

How many police can man an entire country of 350M people? If a criminal is at your door, how much time do you think you have to call police and they get there to arrest the situation?

Guns are not that expensive, In Nigerian Universities, 19yr old cult boys have guns, In 3rd world countries many people have guns so why do you think it will be expensive for an American to have a gun especially when your life might depend on it?

How is that gun control working in Nigeria so far when Kaduna, Plateau Benue people are stopped from having guns while their marauders have Libyan war rifles

Those herdsmen raiding in highways in Nigeria why do you think they are so succesful? Could it be because they are 98% sure the travelers don't have anything beyond Psalm 23 and Suratul for protection?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I am unapologetic about being selfish in such situation. Like I'm faced with a gun wielding psycho running rampage and I will put myself in danger when he has my location marked out? It can't be me o.

I will only take my chances if the psycho is blindsided from where I'm hidding. So many brave men have gone and their families lived happily ever after.

I will make a logical choice in that situation and not an emotional one that will get me killed. I'm just being honest

Bros - you are still joking, born pikin first. You reaction will be to ensure the safety of your family.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I'm not claiming anything, I'm only letting u know the reason for supreme court throwing out the case ni. U can agree or not agree with their reason.

But then u are in Nigeria and not some western nation.
With these present SC justices, no matter the case you bring nothing will happen.

If there's any judge in that panel that actually wanted to do justice seemingly, Tinubu would be disqualified. Did you notice they dodged the forfeiture claim?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I believe there should be background checks, people with mental health issues and history of violence should not be able to get one. How responsible you are and your background check will determine the level of gun you have whether handgun or rifle

Technology tying your fingerprint to your gun should be developed so that only pre approved people can use your gun not just someone random
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

How many police can man an entire country of 350M people? If a criminal is at your door, how much time do you think you have to call police and they get there to arrest the situation?

Guns are not that expensive, In Nigerian Universities, 19yr old cult boys have guns, In 3rd world countries many people have guns so why do you think it will be expensive to have a gun especially when your life might depend on it?

How is that gun control working in Nigeria so far when Kaduna, Plateau Benue people are stopped from having guns while their marauders have Libyan war rifles

Those herdsmen raiding in highways in Nigeria why do you think they are so succesful? Could it be because they are 98% sure the travelers don't have anything beyond Psalm 23 and Suratul for protection?
Absolutely 💯
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by a4turitoroman: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
Amigoss:
$1= 1300

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Calma,First class accountant and university of Chicago economics graduate is working
Renewed shege 🔥🔥🔥
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
Ballzproblemm:
https://www.nairaland.com/7890444/naira-appreciates-n1310-1300-parallel

#10 naira difference 😐
Tinubu fans gats to celebrate something na grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
a4turitoroman:

Renewed shege 🔥🔥🔥
My joy is that everyone will 'benefit' grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Spy360:

My joy is that everyone will 'benefit' grin

I am glad that you are happy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Olowunl01:

Bros - you are still joking, born pikin first. You reaction will be to ensure the safety of your family.
I have a son and I would put myself in harm's way if my son were in a dangerous situation. My son only, my son only.

MY SON ONLY.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

I believe there should be background checks, people with mental health issues and history of violence should not be able to get one. How responsible you are and your background check will determine the level of gun you have whether handgun or rifle

Technology tying your fingerprint to your gun should be developed so that only pre approved people can use your gun not just someone random
This is not only about mental check
What about killer cops didn't they run check on them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

If someone is trying to take you life you have a duty to make it hard for them if you can
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

I am glad that you are happy
Very happy embarassed cry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

They play grin grin
You no go know when you believe your body is bullet proof
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2023
Olowunl01:

It's normal instinct for a parent to ensure the safety of their child; but we are talking of a situation where a psycho with assault rifle has ur position marked. If u decide to make any move u will be gunned down in an instant. I will rather allow my "pikin" take his chance where he or she is hiding and me take mine. I won't put myself in between a cross fire. That's what I'm saying.

Y'all making it seem as though I mean I won't try to save my family member's life. I'm saying I won't do it at the highest risk of me losing my life in the process.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

Guns are not that expensive, In Nigerian Universities, 19yr old cult boys have guns, In 3rd world countries many people have guns so why do you think it will be expensive to have a gun especially when your life might depend on it?

China has a population of over 1.5 billion, and they have a sufficient number of police officers. I'm not sure if they experience daily mass shootings like we do. Does this mean that there are no criminals in China?

How many 19-year-old cult boys in Nigeria have guns? In a cult of 100 people, maybe only 3 to 4 of them have access to properly made pistols and some strange Dane guns, while the rest use machetes and axes.

Most of the killings in places like Plateau are a result of communal crises. If you look at graphic pictures of these incidents, you will see that they mostly use cultlass and matchet after intimidating the villages with a single gun.

Terrorists in the north have connections with wealthy individuals who can buy weapons for them. Sometimes they raid military camps to acquire these weapons, or they kidnap people and use the ransom money to purchase them.

The police and military have been unable to address this issue because it is an ideological problem. Arming everyone in northern Nigeria will not solve the problem unless they eliminate the ideology or root cause of the insecurity.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
dis one Agbado FC no wan press our neck with supreme court victory?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2023
A depressed person with mental issue In Japan will find a nice forest and end it.

A depressed person with mental issue in america will go to Walmart, buy a sweet customized ar15 and enough ammo to kill hundreds of people and start killing everyone and everything that has wronged him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2023
ribbit:
A depressed person with mental issue In Japan will find a nice forest and end it.

A depressed person with mental issue in america will go to Walmart, buy a sweet customized ar15 and enough ammo to kill hundreds of people and start killing everyone and everything that has wronged him.

Japan like Australia is an Island, No border with a country so its easier to control inflow of arms into the country

Where one side is held back and the other side is free to own guns create an inbalance
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
Inside the madness that is Nigeria, try dey take care of your body

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) (3582) (3583) (3584) ... (4798) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: DammyOlu123(m), Tochex101(m), liveLongNprospa(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.