Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1538711 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (4776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
Who is watching wikes interview on channels

I love that man walahi grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
Let's all pretend like we're not seeing the support Obi is gaining in north central.

Places like nasarawa, Abuja, benue, parts of kogi and Niger, plateu, taraba. These are not core northern states. These are largely christian strongholds that are drawn to Obi's candidacy.

One would be in America, far detached from the realities on ground in Nigeria and be chatting bullocks all because he wants to satisfy that tribal instinct that guides him. Keep dreaming.

AMODA OGUNLERE will NEVER win in 2023. Rejected in the deep south. Rejected in the core north. A regional candidate by all parameters. E mi lokan. cheesy
Yoruba lo kan. As if he's not been swindling the public treasury of the yorubas. Him eye go too clear next year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2022
seankafor:
Who is watching wikes interview on channels

I love that man walahi grin

I'm loving what he's doing. Make him finish PDP kpatakpata.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
larride:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Infact Peter Obi will sweep the SW.

As e dey pain you, e go dey sweet us, as e dey sweet us, e go dey pain you. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
Donjazet2:

That guys argument is as nonsensical as can be.
Just look at him trying to paint Obi as a regional candidate, while in the same vein ignoring the fact that the APC candidate himself is now looking like a regional candidate.

Like he chooses to be willfully blind to the fact that Obi is gaining massive ground in the middle belt states of benue, nasarawa, plateau and taraba.

Like, you just choose to e willfully blind to the fact that obi is gaining national appeal and APC is losing soo much ground to PDP in the core north, not to talk of kwankaso playing a spoilers role for both.

Let's even pretend that Obi wouldn't get at least a million votes in Lagos alone and substantial votes in neighboring SW states like Ogun and Oyo from core christians and educated voters where obi is attracting supporters.

You just open mouth waa and talk nonsense that it's only SS and SE obi would win. cheesy

Copium of the highest level. 2023 go too shock people sha.
If you're going to trash his argument you too shouldn't come with trash.

Imagine the bolded...1 million votes? You know the bolded how?

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2022
After all we have witnessed from 2019, people are still basing their arguments on Twitter polls...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
If you're going to trash his argument you too shouldn't come with trash.

Imagine the bolded...1 million votes? You know the bolded how?

I expect at least 2.5 million votes in Lagos next year and I expect Obi to get a million of them. Even if Tinubu wins Lagos, it would be marginal. Obi gets 30-35 percent of Yoruba votes and a vast majority of the other demography votes. Other tribes jointly outnumber the indigenes of Lagos and tinubu is unpopular across the board.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
After all we have witnessed from 2019, people are still basing their arguments on Twitter polls...

So you didn't click the link there to show you the polls on the streets??

And for God's sake, even a blind man can see that the political environment of now is vastly different from that of 2019. How many times will they drum these into you people's ears??

Next year's election is going to be very different from the previous we've had. Far more people are involved and engaged now.
It's no more the game of the elites but the fight of the masses.

We're seeing the polls on the streets, we witnessed the mad rush for PVCs. We're seeing the activation of previously apathetic voters.

Only a blind man would still think this politics is not different from the rest.

As for the online polls, the difference of margins tell their own stories. I know you're a an APC guy so you have to cling to all straws as a coping mechanism. All of you will be shocked.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
Donjazet2:

I expect at least 2.5 million votes in Lagos next year and I expect Obi to get a million of them. Even if Tinubu wins Lagos, it would be marginal. Obi gets 30-35 percent of Yoruba votes and a vast majority of the other demography votes. Other tribes jointly outnumber the indigenes of Lagos and tinubu is unpopular across the board.
Where is the PDP in all of these?

Why do you think Obi will get the vast majority of votes from people of other tribes?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike na straight4ward politician. Though he miscalculated when he supported them to throw the ticket open... Na wetin cause all d problem.

Nice interview.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
Donjazet2:

So you didn't click the link there to show you the polls on the streets??

And for God's sake, even a blind man can see that the political environment of now is vastly different from that of 2019. How many times will they drum these into you people's ears??

Next year's election is going to be very different from the previous we've had. Far more people are involved and engaged now.
It's no more the game of the elites but the fight of the masses.

We're seeing the polls on the streets, we witnessed the mad rush for PVCs. We're seeing the activation of previously apathetic voters.

Only a blind man would still think this politics is not different from the rest.

As for the online polls, the difference of margins tell their own stories. I know you're a an APC guy so you have to cling to all straws as a coping mechanism. All of you will be shocked.
In 2027, more people will register to vote as is expected so, I don't get the fuss about more people registering to vote...

You should know that it's not because of any candidate that people are registering...At the end, people will make their choices and we will live with the majority choice...

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
Donjazet2:

I'm loving what he's doing. Make him finish PDP kpatakpata.
with the internal rift going on in PDP.. I doubt if atiku can have any chance in the coming presidential election if the rift isn't resolved as soon as possible because wike has shown beyond doubt that he is ready to pull down the structure and everything that comes with it..

That been said, that will leave the field for tinubu (APC) and obi(LP) which of course you know who my money will be on..

I don't think APC internal rift is as bad as that of PDP..

Apart from buhari indifference, I don't think there is any other major setback for tinubu and APC..

As for obi.. it's one thing to talk, it's another thing to walk the talks..

We have seen much of the talks both from obi himself and his supporters,I'm standing akimbo waiting for d day to see if they re all worth all these talks..

All these are entertainments to me and also a very big understudy for me too..

Let's see how it goes cool

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Abacha did more than what Buhari's government is doing , yet ASUU still came out as the winning party in the ASUU vs FG faceoff
Honestly, ASUU holds all the cards.
If something could be done about them, it would have been done already.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2022
This is a speech from Tinubu yesterday to Northern Christian Leaders for those saying that he is not speaking

https://www.nairaland.com/7347553/tinubu-one-best-friends-christian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBJ7R7pQTBI

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
Part of Wike Interview on Zoning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbeNu_wa7KQ
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2022
Why Nigerians are rushing this man called Peter Obi. The modern day messiah of Nigerian democracy.

1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike dares PDP NEC to suspend him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btyMo-XlRUo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
The worst Atiku will lose from Wike's gragra is Rivers.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
In 2027, more people will register to vote as is expected so, I don't get the fuss about more people registering to vote...

You should know that it's not because of any candidate that people are registering...At the end, people will make their choices and we will live with the majority choice...

Bro, who is the only candidate making further inroads into other regions? It's Peter Obi.

Tinubu hopes to consolidate Buhari's stronghold and forego SS and SE but we can see that he has kwankwaso and Atiku to contend with there in those places.

Tinubu has already lost the south completely and he knows that, no SS or se person who isn't already supporting APC can be convinced to do so meanwhile there are soo many south westerners very open to an Obi presidency on the basis of fitness, competence, justice and lastly equity as pertaining religious bias.

The educated electorate are massively tilting towards Obi. It remains to see whether northerners would pick Tinubu over Atiku or kwankwaso. But it has to be said that many of them see no difference between the two, hence the numerous cross carpeting.

2023 is heavily pregnant and in labor.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
izzou:

Is it only Rivers? Don't forget Wike has governors supporting him and big politicians from the South.

When Atiku visited Oyo last week, Makinde also said the same thing Wike is saying that Ayu must go.
A sitting governor controls 10 to 20% of votes in his state. Is Atiku willing to lose those percentage to Wike and his friends? Ortom Makinde, Ikpeazu

Remember all those who refused to join Atikus campaign committee earlier this week
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
izzou:

That is it . It’s not Wike will leave Rivers and go to other SS states or SE states with megaphone and cutlass and ask them not to vote Atiku .

Even his so called Allies like Makinde will be busy fighting for their second term bid in their respective states .

I honestly don’t know why people are overestimating Wike’s reach and influence sef.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
izzou:

it is more than that, imho

it is the south south states that have been carrying pdp all this while

no more federal money

Atiku's money can carry an election, but it cannot carry the party

the other governors are watching the north jettison pdp's constitution - and they will also play their own games in the future

your numbers vs our money . PDP may end up splitting because the zoning agreement has been violated TWICE [first by GEJ, now by atiku) all this was fine when they were at the center - but as an opposition party dependent on governors for funding . .

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
BlueRayDick:

That is it . It’s not Wike will leave Rivers and go to other SS states or SE states with megaphone and cutlass and ask them not to vote Atiku .

Even his so called Allies like Makinde will be busy fighting for their second term bid in their respective states .

I honestly don’t know why people are overestimating Wike’s reach and influence sef.

Its not just Wike standing alone, He has allies among the governors in the South.
Deals can be cut where you allow a party in presidency they allow you in governorship. The same type of deal Tinubu cut with Jonathan in 2011 where PDP won almost all SW states in Presidency and the governorship ACN won

All those states where Wikes friends are governors its not like they are very sure for PDP,
APC is strong in SW, Labor is strong in SS and SE. If not managed properly Atiku might lose those states or even get 10-20% less votes in those states
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
raumdeuter:

Its not just Wike standing alone, He has allies among the governors in the South.
Deals can be cut where you allow a party in presidency they allow you in governorship. The same type of deal Tinubu cut with Jonathan in 2011 where PDP won almost all SW states in Presidency and the governorship ACN won

Does Wike currently have the influence Tinubu wielded in ACN back then in 2011 ?

This is a polar question ; Yes or no .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Does Wike currently have the influence Tinubu wielded in ACN back then in 2011 ?

He does not.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Money talks.
Them Atiku Sàràkí Tambuwal etc left in 2014 and helped bring Buhari to power and Wike filled the vacuum with oil money.

It won't be just Rivers.

He's been the one funding the party since then and has never once wavered, and I don't blame him (I don't agree or condone, but I don't blame him) for wanting to collect his due.

The issue I have is that this is hypocritical posturing. If he had insisted, as agreed, that power remain in the South, all this backlash for don end. Instead he went around castigating other candidates especially Obi from the South, and kept mum about zoning because he thought he had everyone in his pocket.

Now e don clear for him eye and he's coming to cry foul.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
Na him bring Secondus, na him fight Secondus to a standstill to install Ayu.

Now he is screaming Ayu must go.

Why did Prof. Ben Ayade leave the PDP? Why is Obaseki keeping mum about all this?

Lmao abeg abeg

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
Donjazet2:

Bro, who is the only candidate making further inroads into other regions? It's Peter Obi.

Tinubu hopes to consolidate Buhari's stronghold and forego SS and SE but we can see that he has kwankwaso and Atiku to contend with there in those places.

Tinubu has already lost the south completely and he knows that, no SS or se person who isn't already supporting APC can be convinced to do so meanwhile there are soo many south westerners very open to an Obi presidency on the basis of fitness, competence, justice and lastly equity as pertaining religious bias.

The educated electorate are massively tilting towards Obi. It remains to see whether northerners would pick Tinubu over Atiku or kwankwaso. But it has to be said that many of them see no difference between the two, hence the numerous cross carpeting.

2023 is heavily pregnant and in labor.
APC was always going to lose the SE and SS even if they fielded Osinbajo. For the APC, the goal is to get as much votes as possible from the SS and whatever they can get from the East. I am quite certain the APC will garner at least 30% of the votes in Cross River and Edo...With the crisis in the PDP, I expect the APC to make inroads into Rivers. Bar Akwa Ibom, APC will get at 30% of votes cast in all the SS states and if the PDP crisis deepens, the chances of APC getting up to 40% goes up...

Kwankwaso will weigh his chances and cut a deal with either of Atiku or Tinubu in the last moments else it favors Tinubu because the Northern bloc will be divided in a 3 way split between Tinubu, Atiku and Kwankwaso while tue SE and SS which are traditional PDP strongholds will see the PDP contending with LP in the SE and the effect of the party's crisis in the SS...

Obi will take SE
Tinubu will take SW
SS votes will be shared by Obi, Tinubu and Atiku (depends on how the crisis is handled)
The northern votes will be shared between PDP, APC and NNPP...
Middle belt might just be the decider...I don't see them voting for a fulani man so, it's either Obi or Tinubu...Obi will need to do very well in the North if he is to stand a chance of winning...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
Let us not rule out the possibility of opposition politicians striking a deal with IPOB to declare a sit at home on the day of election in the East...Don't put it past politicians...Nobody will risk his/her life to go and vote...

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
Unlimited22:
Na him bring Secondus, na him fight Secondus to a standstill to install Ayu.

Now he is screaming Ayu must go.

Why did Prof. Ben Ayade leave the PDP? Why is Obaseki keeping mum about all this?

Lmao abeg abeg

Wike is not as wise as most people think he is . He sent Secondus his homeboy out of the NEC And brought on Ayu a northerner , now he’s wondering why Ayu is serving the interest of Atiku; a fellow northerner .

He’s learning politics the hard way . Money no be everything
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Anytime I pass Oshodi, I just shake my head . So much for gazillion IGR generated by the state undecided

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike is just mouthpiece for a Struggle, he's not working alone nor he's the ring leader. Its payback time for Atiku caucus in PDP. A payback time for those who left GEJ when he needed them the most to work for APC.

A payback time for Northern Supremos that truncated a second term bid of a Southerner, precisely from South South Region of the Country.

PDP will lose Rivers, Bayelsa and Cross River to either APC or LP. PDP will have it tough in Edo State. They would win Akwa Ibom and Delta.

The Party will lose the entire SE Region, first time in this Republic. SW is lockdown for BAT already. NE and NW gonna be shared between APC, NNPP and PDP. NC will be a battleground and may decide the eventual Winner.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (4776) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GrammarNazi1(m), Theflint1(m), Segedinho(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.