Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1457883 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) ... (4654) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 7:04pm On Jan 06
kuda don double mummyzee account balance God when?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:04pm On Jan 06
DissTroy:

That's where Uyo and Eket come in. But you know this already that it's a better experience than almost all parts of the country, for everyday life and fun.
Yeah, Fellas I know now go to Uyo as that’s probably the only serene place in Nigeria to an extent.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by AnfieldFan: 7:07pm On Jan 06
Godx:

Taking advantage of people happens everywhere in the world. It's nothing peculiar to Nigeria. It's the duty of the government to create an environment that doesn't enable it. The people in America are not morally better than the ones In Nigeria.

I agree with this, many people who make it seem like Nigerians are worse than other nationalities morally keep on forgetting that Nigerians are very poor, economically, this country has been declining steadily for a long while now...

Though by and large, Nigeria can be said to be insecure due to bandits and local violent clashes, I still marvel on how this country hasn't totally broken down..It points to resilience, maybe a little religious hope/faith or even delusion and maybe, just maybe us as a people not being totally morally bankrupt and reprehensible as some people think...

Trying to take advantage of a failed system is natural human instinct and self preservation.
Nigerians can't even rely on credible elections and and strong institutions to hold people accountable, there really is no way out of the tunnel...A lot of people have realised this albeit subconsciously so this manifests itself as craftiness ..

I think there's also another angle to it , in my opinion, a healthy portion of Nigeria is literate, not necessarily educated but literate and exposed to what it feels like to live the good life by what they're exposed to on Social Media and this drives them to try and replicate the same things...

All in all, I do not completely agree with Obainojazz, I think putting principled Men and Women in every executive and legislative office in Nigeria changes Nigeria...Men and women that are willing to build strong institutions (think of the current Jamb registrar), and watch the Nigerian population fall in line because the environment doesn't forgive or encourage illegality..

14 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Griffon(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06
TemporaryHansel:

Too much or too low?

Stupid at best.

A shrewd 10m real estate investment can fetch him that 16m car within a year (since na that one be him problem), with some extra millions left to reinvest with.

He wouldn’t need to lose anything. That’s money working for you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06
raumdeuter:

Broda ontop 1 Udara, Port Harcourt water don dey enter you

You know say car owners in this economy are next to Mega church pastors in terms of flexing

What they don't know seem to realise is that even car owners are crying.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:41pm On Jan 06
AnfieldFan:

I agree with this, many people who make it seem like Nigerians are worse than other nationalities morally keep on forgetting that Nigerians are very poor, economically, this country has been declining steadily for a long while now...

Though by and large, Nigeria can be said to be insecure due to bandits and local violent clashes, I still marvel on how this country hasn't totally broken down..It points to resilience, maybe a little religious hope/faith or even delusion and maybe, just maybe us as a people not being totally morally bankrupt and reprehensible as some people think...

Trying to take advantage of a failed system is natural human instinct and self preservation.
Nigerians can't even rely on credible elections and and strong institutions to hold people accountable, there really is no way out of the tunnel...A lot of people have realised this albeit subconsciously so this manifests itself as craftiness ..

I think there's also another angle to it , in my opinion, a healthy portion of Nigeria is literate, not necessarily educated but literate and exposed to what it feels like to live the good life by what they're exposed to on Social Media and this drives them to try and replicate the same things...

All in all, I do not completely agree with Obainojazz, I think putting principled Men and Women in every executive and legislative office in Nigeria changes Nigeria...Men and women that are willing to build strong institutions (think of the current Jamb registrar), and watch the Nigerian population fall in line because the environment doesn't forgive or encourage illegality..
Lagos budget is 2trillion Naira plus (about 2billion dollars). Even if you put a messiah there, nothing can be done with 2 billion dollars.
We will need more than 1trillion dollars to match up with other countries in terms of infrastructure grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shegzdave: 7:49pm On Jan 06
raumdeuter:

Those sellers go don miss you. Where is that Broda wey get abroad smell and no dey price market
Which one is smell abroad again cheesy grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Odunharry(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06
obainojazz:
They cheated me tire as I no Dey price cheesy
if you price dem go ask you whether you be woman. lol
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:24pm On Jan 06
E be like say na ChatGPT the two of them use 😁

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:37pm On Jan 06
grin

..............dem still try sha.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06
BlueRayDick:
E be like say na ChatGPT the two of them use 😁
All these lazy SM handlers sef
They have just one job just one oo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06
obainojazz:
Lagos budget is 2trillion Naira plus (about 2billion dollars). Even if you put a messiah there, nothing can be done with 2 billion dollars.
We will need more than 1trillion dollars to match up with other countries in terms of infrastructure grin

A lot can be done; but, first, we have to ensure what's available isn't stolen and the rest wasted on projects doomed to fail from the very beginning.

If we do analyses of public funds lost due to budget padding and exaggerated amounts of projects which wouldn't even see the light of the day, then the cost of rebuilding infrastructure which should have been maintained at best, we'd realize, while our budgets aren't Texas-sized large, they are robust enough to provide the basic amenities which make for a decent, civilised, and modern living.

I can do these analyses, breaking down in numbers, premising my example on a certain state.

State governments are, for most parts, thieving conduits.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 8:52pm On Jan 06
OasisX:
grin

..............dem still try sha.
Blatant waste of resources though I'm not an ogbonist.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06
WhoDeyHause:

Even if you were an 'Ogbonist', it is still what is is - a waste of resources; unless it is eventually converted for other purposes. We the indigenes are loudly calling it a waste of Akwa Ibom resources. Trumpet it.

---

This is an example of how the government mismanages funds while we complain the budgeted sums are too small.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:07pm On Jan 06
WhoDeyHause:

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 9:08pm On Jan 06
DissTroy:
You know a lot of young Nigerians have shit taste in music when there's a virtual poll for the Nigerian Song of the Year 2023, and you have a Shalli-whatever song being projected while a mega cross-border hit like Tem's "Me & U" not being listed.

https://www.nairaland.com/7959992/among-these-afrobeats-gems-dropped

Apparently, if your song doesn't promote drugs, booze, and being reckless, you can't be considered within a certain Nigerian demography.
Oga Shakespeare dey play, No be only tems na condition. Plutomanians no gree for anybody this 2024. Let me even drop our latest Pluto anthem

🎶Wait, They call me Shallipopi (Busy)
Say, say say say (wahala)
Say, say say say

Worldwide Plutomainians, that na normal thing
Presido with the big machine
Your girlfriend friend wanna suck my thing
But no be that kind person I be
If I puff smoke give you and you no pass
You no pass, that means say e don cast ( sharp)
No last chance (eh)
E don cast oh (wahala)
E don cast oh, e don cast

Weii, e don cast (clear road oh)
E don cast, e don cast (say-say)
Say, e don cast (eh, no go dey)

Put your girl on phone, 12 o'clock for night
12:30, use Bolt, no flight oh
She locate my location (prraa)
Pluto, are you feeling the vibration? 🔥

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:12pm On Jan 06
Ballzproblem2:
kuda don double mummyzee account balance God when?

How much be the balance now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 9:14pm On Jan 06
DissTroy:

Even if you were an 'Ogbonist', it is still what is is - a waste of resources; unless it is eventually converted for other purposes. We the indigenes are loudly calling it a waste of Akwa Ibom resources. Trumpet it.

---

This is an example of how the government mismanages funds while we complain the budgeted sums are too small.
I normally declined to comment on it previously cause I initially thought it was privately undertaken by individuals until I found out it was the government that funded and built it. That's how that one called sheriff in delta went to go and build Africa's biggest xmas tree in the midst of several abandoned projects. Foolish people.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:16pm On Jan 06
Roland17:

You neva hear say the theme of the year for naija na

“No gree for anybody”?

Baba, no mind the gas wen him go blow to go back and return home, not forgetting the traffic of e far from house.

Next time when the woman see am, she sef go behave.

That theme of the new year no be for everybody. For students wey dey find funding for the US for PGD, dem don change am to "no GRE for anybody". Lols, I no come understand how Nigerians dey form all these slangs.

Na moot, moot I dey see everywhere since this year started. I no know wetin people reason reach that side
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 9:21pm On Jan 06
If we are finally successful with the dangote and government revamped refineries this fools will now have more leeway to do their rubbish since we'll be heavily running stuff in our backyard. Building church with state resources when lives no matter how few will have been transformed with that project money. You will now expect same people to come and give offering and sow seed inside the edifice. Nonsense.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:32pm On Jan 06
Ibime:

I don't know last time it's was over 2m kuda Said they will add the exact same amount so my estimate over 4m.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 9:42pm On Jan 06
GloriousGbola:

the house always wins. the guy just got lucky. he has noi plan, no business or responsbiities -

the money will go as quick as it came

iamoyindamola:

It's like a yahoo boy that cash out , he will blow it and start all over again
Water Source no they dry- apo shamshamra kan o gbe ri
Not in every case of course. Everybody is built different. While most will lavish the money since they didn't really work hard to accumulate over time though them too will have suffered a lot before hitting that jackpot some will still invest that money or use it to do something reasonable for their lives and future. I know someone not personally that used bet money to travel out and set himself and his family up. Even in legitimate professions there will be those who will be miserable after retirement and others who wisely or luckily are set up for a good life in their old age. Everything is about mindset and decisions.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 9:47pm On Jan 06
Ballzproblem2:
I don't know last time it's was over 2m kuda Said they will add the exact same amount so my estimate over 4m.

I seem to be missing the core story of this entire fiasco.

Please why are people finding favor with this woman? What's the main gist abeg? I've been offline for a while. The few comments I'm seeing is about cooking and feminists and then I'm confused seeing national corporations sponsoring the woman, what's really happening here abeg?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:53pm On Jan 06
WhoDeyHause:

I normally declined to comment on it previously cause I initially thought it was privately undertaken by individuals until I found out it was the government that funded and built it. That's how that one called sheriff in delta went to go and build Africa's biggest xmas tree in the midst of several abandoned projects. Foolish people.

It still boils down to us not beaming the searchlight on state governments and Governors as much as we do to those at the center.
And since both cases you cited have religious connotations - and religion being the people's opium, it was a good cover to defraud with.

The hirelings of these wasteful state governments double as some of the most visible and consistent critics of the federal government, including on Twitter.
Even State NLC Chairmen have been completely pocketed. State student leaders are planted puppets. State civil societies nothing more than quasi-pet-projects. Traditional media houses (radio particularly) are in on it for fear of being blacklisted and missing out on state government advertising and scheduled programming largesse.

And with a seemingly infinite budget and willing drones who drown and crowd out those in the know demanding accountability from the state governments.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:54pm On Jan 06
Ibime:

The woman confirmed it's already more than 5m.

Personally think it's 10m and they are tagging davido and others coz she's from osun state.

That woman has received gifts in excess of 20m already.

God Abeg oo.
See person aguero moment

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:55pm On Jan 06
She also gave out 250k to a widow in need🙌.

All because people tried to mock her for cooking for her husband.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:56pm On Jan 06
liveLongNprospa:

The woman confirmed it's already more than 5m.

Personally think it's 10m and they are tagging davido and others coz she's from osun state.

That woman has received gifts in excess of 20m already.

God Abeg oo.
See person aguero moment

Are the gifts seperate from the cash?

She should show balance so that Nigerians can FOMO in. You know Nigerians like big things, they may want to push it to ATH of N100m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:58pm On Jan 06
donjazzet:

I seem to be missing the core story of this entire fiasco.

Please why are people finding favor with this woman? What's the main gist abeg? I've been offline for a while. The few comments I'm seeing is about cooking and feminists and then I'm confused seeing national corporations sponsoring the woman, what's really happening here abeg?
she quoted a post that says "there's a lady that wakes up at 5am to make her husband lunch for work".

Her reply (mummyzee quoting the tweet)was that she was always lazy to make her hubby lunch for work,but when she heard her hubby female colleague brought second spoon to work for mummyzee husband to eat,she(mummyzee) started waking up by 4.30 am to prepare the man food.

The post went viral I guess many men were pleased by her effort towards her marriage,some feminist weren't amused.

so men started donating to pepper feminist,soon e turn to competition who donate pass from both men and women ,soon brands joined to capitalize on it , Twitter blue suscribers were using it to chase clout so that elon musk go pay well 😁.

The end ,shey I be good narrator?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06
Ibime:

Are the gifts seperate from the cash?

She should show balance so that Nigerians can FOMO in. You know Nigerians like big things, they may want to push it to ATH of N100m

The gifts are different from the cash.

Bro I nor fit keep up with wetin that woman Don get.
She had to refuse a generator just now because someone had gifted her 250k for generator earlier.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 10:03pm On Jan 06
Ballzproblem2:

she quoted a post that says "there's a lady that wakes up at 5am to make her husband lunch for work".

Her reply (mummyzee quoting the tweet)was that she was always lazy to make her hubby lunch for work,but when she heard her hubby female colleague brought second spoon to work for mummyzee husband to eat,she(mummyzee) started waking up by 4.30 am to prepare the man food.

The post went viral I guess many men were pleased by her effort towards her marriage,some feminist weren't amused.

so men started donating to pepper feminist,soon e turn to competition who donate pass from both me. and women ,soon brands joined to capitalize on it , Twitter blue suscribers were using it to chase clout so that elon musk go pay well 😁.

Please can you share a link to this story? Also I would like to see the positions of these supposed "feminists". Did they say triggering things or dunk on the lady?

Or is this more of a reward of just being a good human being? I'm bamboozled by the entire fiasco.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06
donjazzet:

Please can you share a link to this story? Also I would like to see the positions of these supposed "feminists". Did they say triggering things or dunk on the lady?

Or is this more of a reward of just being a good human being? I'm bamboozled by the entire fiasco.

They dunked on her.
That she's suffering that's why she'll tolerate a man that can be bought by food.
Someone said she had not seen 500k before.
Other condescending statements.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:05pm On Jan 06
donjazzet:

omo tweet don plenty go far that one na another work ,just search Debbie or mummyzee for Twitter you go see many people takes and many people who wants to donate to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) ... (4654) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: reccy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.