Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,320 members, 7,867,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1589634 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4036) (4037) (4038) (4039) (4040) (4041) (4042) ... (4870) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Godx: 4:16pm On Jan 14
Majority of the immigrants in France are from French colonies. After stealing their resources to develop France, all of them must enjoy it together.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14
These guys are arrogant wetin sef
Na crime to japa ni
Make them fvck off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZP83qiWbOs
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Jan 14
afrodoc2:

Correct. Nearly every Vietnamese i have met has been named Nguyen or Tran. About a third of the population uses Nguyen as surname, and they pronounce it "Win". I fumbled that pronunciation a few times before being corrected.

I suspect that it is the most common non-Chinese surname in the world.

The name Pham too
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:16pm On Jan 14
grin

...I fit watch our match like this? Eagles don ruin my mood, make United no kuku bury am. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:29pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

The name Pham too

Yes.

In China it is Li and Wang, in Korea it is Kim and Lee.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:35pm On Jan 14
OasisX:
grin

...I fit watch our match like this? Eagles don ruin my mood, make United no kuku bury am. LOL!

See excuse

No blame Nigeria for United problems
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:06pm On Jan 14
https://www.nairaland.com/7969869/crisis-hits-plateau-assembly-speaker

Nigerian judiciary is a mess .

Appeal court sacked all 16 PDP HOA members in the state cos Appeal court ruled PDP had no structure in the state as at the time of the election. INEC had since withdrew their certificate of return and issued same to the APC candidates instead .

Now the Supreme Court judgement on Friday faulted the Appeal court ruling on PDP having no structure claiming APC was a meddlesome interloper into PDP internal affairs .

How do u explain that the governor gets to stay in the office while the HOA are now back on the streets when they were both caught in the same political web ?

Is it not time for HOA cases to be allowed to get to Supreme Court too ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:42pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:
https://www.nairaland.com/7969869/crisis-hits-plateau-assembly-speaker

Nigerian judiciary is a mess .

Appeal court sacked all 16 PDP HOA members in the state cos Appeal court ruled PDP had no structure in the state as at the time of the election. INEC had since withdrew their certificate of return and issued same to the APC candidates instead .

Now the Supreme Court judgement on Friday faulted the Appeal court ruling on PDP having no structure claiming APC was a meddlesome interloper into PDP internal affairs .

How do u explain that the governor gets to stay in the office while the HOA are now back on the streets when they were both caught in the same political web ?

Is it not time for HOA cases to be allowed to get to Supreme Court too ?

If the last paragraph happen we will need 1000 Supreme Court judges cos that means every election will get to Supreme Court soon LGA matter sef

36 states with about 20 to 30 HoA members each
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:48pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

See excuse

No blame Nigeria for United problems

grin

.....wetin be difference? 2-2 draw now. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:51pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

If the last paragraph happen we will need 1000 Supreme Court judges cos that means every election will get to Supreme Court soon LGA matter sef

But the Appeal court kicked out the Givernor and HoA for the same reason.

Now, SC don upturn that judgement. What is now the fate of the HOA members?

Maybe it's time we remove Appeal court from judging electoral matters.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14
izzou:

For their own petitions, the buck stops at the Appeal court table......whats done its done.
I dont think the judgement can be revisited......our country just dabaru.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:57pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

Or maybe courts should just throw away pre-election matters out of election petitions .

Maybe the court should not entertain cases like PDP praying the court to nullify an elected APC candidate because of issues within APC prior to election .

It makes no logical sense that the HOA members are kicked out for the same reason the governor remained in the office .

If we say because it will contest the number of cases in Supreme Court , so are we saying people should live with the consequence of bad judgement from t he appeal court ? Is that not injustice in itself ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:59pm On Jan 14
Tochex101:

For their own petitions, the buck stops at the Appeal court table......whats done its done.
I dont think the judgement can be revisited......our country just dabaru.

But that’s unfair . We know the judgement can’t be revisited but going forward what can be done about it ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:36pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

Or maybe courts should just throw away pre-election matters out of election petitions .

Maybe the court should not entertain cases like PDP praying the court to nullify an elected APC candidate because of issues within APC prior to election .

It makes no logical sense that the HOA members are kicked out for the same reason the governor remained in the office .

If we say because it will contest the number of cases in Supreme Court , so are we saying people should live with the consequence of bad judgement from t he appeal court ? Is that not injustice in itself ?

Many judgement are based on technicalities not on the meat of the case.

Its never perfect but it's the best we have now

A classroom teacher might adjudge a case different from a principal. If the solution is that principal should judge all cases and skip the teacher itself then it will blow back

Judgements and standards change as we go, next election cycle, those standards set by Supreme courts will be the standard in appeal courts

Many of what we consider as settled law today were miscarriage of justice to someone in the past

For example In many countries death penalty has been abolished but it won't bring back those who were killed by death penalties in the past. Is it fair to them that someone committed a crime last year was killed and this year was not
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:38pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

But that’s unfair . We know the judgement can’t be revisited but going forward what can be done about it ?

Going forward the SC on pre election matters won't be brought again

Next cycle another set of challenges will be brought to appeal courts some will fail appeal court and pass as Supreme Court

It's basically an unending refining process forever
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:46pm On Jan 14
I am watching Okoye in goal for Udinese against Fiorentina and I really hope he returns to the National team. He is an upgrade to whatever we have right now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:03pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

Many judgement are based on technicalities not on the meat of the case.

Its never perfect but it's the best we have now

A classroom teacher might adjudge a case different from a principal. If the solution is that principal should judge all cases and skip the teacher itself then it will blow back

Judgements and standards change as we go, next election cycle, those standards set by Supreme courts will be the standard in appeal courts

Many of what we consider as settled law today were miscarriage of justice to someone in the past

For example In many countries death penalty has been abolished but it won't bring back those who were killed by death penalties in the past. Is it fair to them that someone committed a crime last year was killed and this year was not

I don’t think I agree with the example u gave. I may be wrong but to me I believe the essence of the court system to afford the citizens opportunity to have their issues reviewed and decided within the extant laws at such periods.

Like what the law says in 21st century definitely varies from what the position of the law may have been in the 19th century, so there’s no need using an example of what obtains in the past and what obtains now .

Now applying that to the present plateau state matter , the Supreme Court which is the highest court in the land ruled that APC was concerning itself with the internal processes of PDP when it needs not to. As such , they have no locus standi to call for sacking of anybody who was voted in under PDP within that period. The governor has benefited from that ruling which now the law. ( Yes judicial precedents are laws )

Is it not injustice that the HOA cannot benefit from the same law within the same period ? Do we now say because the Supreme Court will be congested with cases people should be suffering injustice ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:09pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

I don’t think I agree with the example u gave. I may be wrong but to me I believe the essence of the court system to afford the citizens opportunity to have their issues reviewed and decided within the extant laws at such periods.

Like what the law says in 21st century definitely varies from what the position of the law may have been in the 19th century, so there’s no need using an example of what obtains in the past and what obtains now .

Now applying that to the present plateau state matter , the Supreme Court which is the highest court in the land ruled that APC was concerning itself with the internal processes of PDP when it needs not to. As such , they have no locus standi to call for sacking of anybody who was voted in under PDP within that period. The governor has benefited from that ruling which now the law. ( Yes judicial precedents are laws )

Is it not injustice that the HOA cannot benefit from the same law within the same period ? Do we now say because the Supreme Court will be congested with cases people should be suffering injustice ?

There is always a time frame and cutoff, Assuming that law was made the by SC in the Case of Adeleke vs Oyetola a few months ago Plateau HOA people will benefit

If they made a law today outlawing or allowing something, Someone would have been punished yesterday for the same thing

E.g the law n death penalty was made in one day and someone got killed a few days or weeks earlier, Was it fair to the person?

Say US makes a law saying no Nigerian must ever travel from tomorrow to their country, is it fair on those who traveled tonight? or who are scheduled to travel tomorrow night

In many laws someone ill be hard done that why didnt this come earlier
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:18pm On Jan 14
Madrid go kill these ones o
2-0 in how many minutes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:21pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

There is always a time frame and cutoff, Assuming that law was made the by SC in the Case of Adeleke vs Oyetola a few months ago Plateau HOA people will benefit

If they made a law today outlawing or allowing something, Someone would have been punished yesterday for the same thing

E.g the law n death penalty was made in one day and someone got killed a few days or weeks earlier, Was it fair to the person?

Say US makes a law saying no Nigerian must ever travel from tomorrow to their country, is it fair on those who traveled tonight? or who are scheduled to travel tomorrow night

In many laws someone ill be hard done that why didnt this come earlier

But this is not the first case Supreme Court had ruled that one party cannot interfere in the affairs of another party na. No ?

In the case of PDP praying Supreme Court nullify Shetimma’s nomination because of his senatorial nomination before vice president’s ; Supreme Court described PDP as a nosy busybody peeping into the affairs of its neighbors .

How is it that appeal Court didn’t take a cue from that judgement and apply it to the plateau case ? Why do they have to sack the PDP guys in Plateau when a Supreme Court judgement already held that u can’t be meddling in another political party’s internal wrangling?

Should they kukuma scrap appeal court like Izzou suggested nigbayen ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14
izzou:

Its crazy........going forward this judgement would be referenced as a template for such matters but the crazy part is further down the years another group of supreme Court judges can still fault this ruling.
The law is truly an ass...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:31pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

But this is not the first case Supreme Court had ruled that one party cannot interfere in the affairs of another party na. No ?

In the case of PDP praying Supreme Court nullify Shetimma’s nomination because of his senatorial nomination before vice president’s ; Supreme Court described PDP as a nosy busybody peeping into the affairs of its neighbors .

How is it that appeal Court didn’t take a cue from that judgement and apply it to the plateau case ? Why do they have to sack the PDP guys in Plateau when a Supreme Court judgement already held that u can’t be meddling in another political party’s internal wrangling?

I am not a lawyer but I will say meddling is not the main issue cos it will depend on what the nature of what you are meddling with is.

It depends on the case you are trying to prove. If APC overlooks a convicted murderer or present an underage candisate in its primaries will the SC say PDP was meddling if they point out that the APC candidate is not fit to contest on the basis of his criminal record or not meeting the age?

Some meddling are allowed and some are not allowed
E.g the case of the deputy to David Lyon, is that a case of meddling by PDP into APC process?

Next election APC can present an underage, PDP challenge, appeal court says you can't meddle, SC say na criminal matter not pre election matter.

SC rulings will be pulled and tested in all directions
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 8:41pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

The different cases have different substances.....the law as regards the subject remains the same.....

The lawyers make their arguments and judgement is left for those who should have superior knowledge(in quote).
You and I know where the problem then lies...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:45pm On Jan 14
Tochex101:

The different cases have different substances.....the law as regards the subject remains the same.....

The lawyers make their arguments and judgement is left for those who should have superior knowledge(in quote).

Yes the substance is what I am talking about

Anyone can quote that one party cannot meddle but in some cases even the SC can make exception

2 people can commit the same offense and get different judgments based on how you argue your case

Na why lawyers go Everly dey chop
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:45pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

I am not a lawyer but I will say meddling is not the main issue cos it will depend on what the nature of what you are meddling with is.

It depends on the case you are trying to prove. If APC overlooks a convicted murderer or present an underage candisate in its primaries will the SC say PDP was meddling if they point out that the APC candidate is not fit to contest on the basis of his criminal record or not meeting the age?

Some meddling are allowed and some are not allowed
E.g the case of the deputy to David Lyon, is that a case of meddling by PDP into APC process?

Next election APC can present an underage, PDP challenge, appeal court says you can't meddle, SC say na criminal matter not pre election matter.

SC rulings will be pulled and tested in all directions

U are just using examples that do not in any way relate to the matter at hand. David Lyons’s deputy presented a false information to INEC and they were sacked for it. That is even a crime to start with .

In the case of Shettima the Supreme Court was very explicit in their judgement . U can’t meddle in another party’s internal wrangling if u are unable show any harm u suffered as a result of their internal wrangling within the opposing party .

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:51pm On Jan 14
Tochex101:

So in essence the people who have superior knowledge reside in the Supreme Court and somehow HOA are denied access to them ; so they need to live with whatever wrongful interpretation court of appeal gives the same issue that Supreme Court wouldve decided differently .

Na for HOA members to go meet people like Bulkachuwa (who admitted he influenced his wife’s decision on some political cases as president court of appeal ) ; so he can intercede on their behalf going forward 🤷🏼‍♂️
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

Yes the substance is what I am talking about

Anyone can quote that one party cannot meddle but in some cases even the SC can make exception

2 people can commit the same offense and get different judgments based on how you argue your case

Na why lawyers go Everly dey chop
True, thats why its not new for even the supreme Court to overule itself.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 9:03pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

So in essence the people who have superior knowledge reside in the Supreme Court and somehow HOA are denied access to them ; so they need to live with whatever wrongful interpretation court of appeal gives the same issue that Supreme Court wouldve decided differently .

Na for HOA members to go meet people like Bulkachuwa (who admitted he influenced his wife’s decision on some political cases as president court of appeal ) ; so he can intercede on their behalf going forward 🤷🏼‍♂️
No matter how much they wail, I dont think there's a way out......

Poor judgements didn't start today......
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:11pm On Jan 14
Iran 4-1 Palestine

I stand with Palestine 😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:15pm On Jan 14
iamoyindamola:
Iran 4-1 Palestine

I stand with Palestine 😂😂😂

Shey anyone from Gaza playing for Palestine
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:17pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

Shey anyone from Gaza playing for Palestine
I for say make Iran people no sleep tonight but Iran sef get craze well grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:19pm On Jan 14
Tochex101:

No matter how much they wail, I dont think there's a way out......

Poor judgements didn't start today......

It is well….

But Nigeria na one funny country sha , things that happen here at times makes u wonder if such happens elsewhere .

In 2019 INEC received almost N1.5 billion from FG for servers for the election ; during election petition same INEC denied it ever had any server and the matter died.

In 2023 the same INEC was all over the place assuring the public they will transmit election results electronically . They didn’t do electronic transmission for presidential election and they relied on the premise that it’s not mandated in the electoral act. And that ended it.

Like do these things happen elsewhere that people just move on from one fraudulent disappointment of government agencies to another ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4036) (4037) (4038) (4039) (4040) (4041) (4042) ... (4870) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.