Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1456565 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4069) (4070) (4071) (4072) (4073) (4074) (4075) ... (4649) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:34pm On Jan 22
BlueRayDick:

I just read this paper on the Anambra Burial law. If anything the writer posited in the paper is true, then The law no really make sense. It's understandable that people will flout the law and pay the yeye fine as penalty

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/353258926_Anambra_State_Burial_Law_A_stringent_and_Unenforceable_Law

The law made some sense.

Don't inconvenience people in the name of burials. I am very sure the overnight wake keep is functional. I attended one last year, and it ended by 9pm.

But i wanted Okpa to see the justice he was looking for; A paltry 100k

So if you are asking why Obi Cubana flouted the law, the penalty is enough reason for even ordinary me to flout sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:42pm On Jan 22
izzou:

The law made some sense.

Don't inconvenience people in the name of burials. I am very sure the overnight wake keep is functional. I attended one last year, and it ended by 9pm.

So if you are asking why Obi Cubana flouted the law, the penalty is enough reason for even ordinary me to flout sef

Even the writer stated that it appears nobody has been charged by the government yet simply because the law infringes on fundamental human rights entrenched in the constitution. So if the government decides to enforce it sef, they will most likely lose out when it gets to supreme court.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22
BlueRayDick:

Even the writer stated that it appears nobody has been charged by the government yet simply because the law infringes on fundamental human rights entrenched in the constitution. So if the government decides to enforce it sef, they will most likely lose out when it gets to supreme court.

Who will you even charge, when your penalty is 100k? grin

If i can spend 20 million on a burial, is it 100k that i cannot pay?

Looking at it sef, the law take style dey funny.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22
obainojazz:
You keep shouting Obi Cubana because you obviously have a problem with people doing well…. There are thousands of burial every year since that law was passed and no one follows the rule.
People are still doing as they seem fit because Nigeria is a lawless country….

This is not about me. We're talking tyranny, rule of law, dictatorship, democracy.

So why is the governor having issues with the catholic bishop if thousands of people doing burial in the state does not obey the state burial laws?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:59pm On Jan 22
izzou:

Who will you even charge, when your penalty is 100k? grin

If i can spend 20 million on a burial, is it 100k that i cannot pay?

Looking at it sef, the law take style dey funny.

Now u see what I'm saying that the law makes no sense. A law that is specific to church burials in a state that has Christians and traditional worshippers. The law that is supposed to take into cognizance the customs and traditions of the people yet placing restriction on some aspects of the traditions. It even fines the poor people it was supposed to protect.

Dem no reason the law well at all.

It looks like a trap the government of the day will be using to deal with anybody they are not in good terms with.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:19pm On Jan 22
izzou:

Nna ooh... I no dey against d law. My issue na d application/enforcement. E be l!ke dem wan use am fight political battle.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:35pm On Jan 22
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Nna ooh... I no dey against d law. My issue na d application/enforcement. E be l!ke dem wan use am fight political battle.

The law is being applied naa.

Fluot the law and pay 100k or 6 months in jail.

So, all i need to do is break it and pay 100k.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:43pm On Jan 22
Wike don finally craz.e 🤦‍♂️. He’s asking why they only carry out kidnappings on weekends when he goes to Rivers to rest and not weekdays while he’s in Abuja

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2aotojtMPk/?igsh=dGI0MWJidnc4YTd5
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:21am On Jan 23
Reading on Twitter how Gbarebo and his wife refuse to pay people who work for them

Won ni Gberabo o nice
Gbarebo o gentle

Details below
That’s the story. What @IfyAniebo was saying was, I am owing you, but because you are disturbing me I will not pay you.

She told me she was a bridge I dared not burn, she was essentially saying she was more than me. And nothing would happen.
https: //twitter. com/chika_jones/status /1749474275159843038?s=19

https ://twitter .com/AishaSalaudeen/status/ 1749487340987297891?s=19

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 12:31am On Jan 23
BlueRayDick:
Wike don finally craz.e 🤦‍♂️. He’s asking why they only carry out kidnappings on weekends when he goes to Rivers to rest and not weekdays while he’s in Abuja

Naija is not a real place 🤦🏾🤦🏾
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:40am On Jan 23
PDPGuy:

Naija is not a real place 🤦🏾🤦🏾

Aswear !

Like kidnappers are taking his constituents hostage , killing their kids and Wike is more concerned about the timing of the kidnappings; reading nonsensical political undertones into it instead of proffering solutions

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:47am On Jan 23
BlueRayDick:

That is not actually what he was saying. He was being sarcastic there.

What he meant was that kidnapping happens on any day of the week, so him travelling to Rivers for the weekend should not be a big issue.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:18am On Jan 23
BlueRayDick:

Aswear !

Like kidnappers are taking his constituents hostage , killing their kids and Wike is more concerned about the timing of the kidnappings; reading nonsensical political undertones into it instead of proffering solutions
Told you this man has agenda when he was blaming the councillors
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:53am On Jan 23
afrodoc2:
[b]

What he meant was that kidnapping happens on any day of the week, so him travelling to Rivers for the weekend should not be a big issue.

I was not getting the sarcasm in his tone at all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:51am On Jan 23
BlueRayDick:

I was not getting the sarcasm in his tone at all.

It is not just the tone but the words he used and the context. He was defending his travelling home on weekends and trying to explain that it should not be the focus of attention since they kidnap Mon to Fri when he is around as well.

He then asked a rhetorical/sarcastic question, "so they don't kidnap Mon to Friday when i am around?
The problem was his intonation/stress was wrong and it ended up sounding like a statement instead of a rhetorical question.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:09am On Jan 23
afrodoc2:

It is not just the tone but the words he used and the context. He was defending his travelling home on weekends and trying to explain that it should not be the focus of attention since they kidnap Mon to Fri when he is around as well.

He then asked a rhetorical/sarcastic question, "so they don't kidnap Mon to Friday when i am around?
The problem was his intonation/stress was wrong and it ended up sounding like a statement instead of a rhetorical question.

I guess this then .

But even at that , his brashness always shine through . What will it take him to just say he has put all necessary measures in place to combat the kidnapping whether he’s in Abuja or Rivers over the weekend ?

His whole response gives an air of someone who lacks empathy and thinks it’s normal for people to get kidnapped
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 6:20am On Jan 23
BlueRayDick:

I guess this then .

But even at that , his brashness always shine through . What will it take him to just say he has put all necessary measures in place to combat the kidnapping whether he’s in Abuja or Rivers over the weekend ?

His whole response gives an air of someone who lacks empathy and thinks it’s normal for people to get kidnapped

Haha. That one is a given nah. These people are living in an alternate reality. It is like the apocryphal story of Marie Antoinette asking the people to eat cake when they could not afford bread.

There is no empathy because they do not live in the same reality as the common man AND because they know they do not depend on the common man for their position. Wike is actually the poster child of that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 8:57am On Jan 23
afrodoc2:
[/b]

Haha. That one is a given nah. These people are living in an alternate reality. It is like the apocryphal story of Marie Antoinette asking the people to eat cake when they could not afford bread.

There is no empathy because they do not live in the same reality as the common man AND because they know they do not depend on the common man for their position. Wike is actually the poster child of that.

Apt 👍
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:15am On Jan 23
Graduate Trainees at Squad

For those who don’t know . Squad is a subsidiary of GT Holding Company.

Interested candidates can use the link below to apply

The Graduate Trainee Program is expected to commence on the 1st of February 2024.

Hurry and apply before they close the link . Goodluck!

lnkd .in/dg3V8NKQ
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:17am On Jan 23
Job Title: Trainee Accountant

Job Description

We are looking for a responsible Trainee Accountant who will work with a Senior Accountant.

Job Responsibilities

Daily duties include making income or expense entries into the accounting system.
Entering vendor invoices, paying bills and creating invoices for clients.
Checking entries for accuracy; making necessary corrections and filing documents as needed.
Working on payroll, quarterly taxes, asset inventory, cost accounting or other disciplines within the accounting department.
The trainee accountant will work with qualified and experienced accountants and begin to appreciate how different core functions operate within the organization.

Job Requirements

Should have graduated from one of Nigeria’s universities with a minimum of Second Class Honors, Upper Division; with a B.Sc in Accounting.
Our Ideal candidate is aged not more than 25 years old.

Application Closing Date
21st February, 2024.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: hr@candelcorp.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:22am On Jan 23
The overt ethno-religious dog whistling
The cheering of the sophisticated elites
The hypocrisy of the seemingly caring humanists .
May men of goodwill prevail.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:58am On Jan 23
Arewa seems to be angry about this relocation of CBN to lagos
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 10:59am On Jan 23
BlueRayDick:

He was responding to those who claim his activities in Rivers State (which is mostly during the weekends) has left him distracted hence the loopholes in the security architecture of the FCT...

He is like; if you claim my travelling to Rivers State a distraction, why not ask the security agents why they slack when I'm not around (weekends) since you claim I'm distracted by the politics of Rivers State...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 11:00am On Jan 23
afrodoc2:
[b]

Exactly...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:05am On Jan 23
liveLongNprospa:

This Nigeria ehn, no tribal group trusts the other.

CBN gave a reasonable reason for the relocation of departments being that the Abuja office is overpopulated and some of their staff from Abuja usually have to travel down to Lagos several times in the year at CBN's expense to carry out their job functions. Now they feel all those flight money, out of station expenses amount to waste of money so it makes more sense for such staff to kukuma be relocated and stationed in Lagos once and for all. The CBN office in Lagos is one massive architectural masterpiece which I'm sure is most likely being underutilized.

Normally the staff that are affected are not even complaining, na politicians dey read meaning to it and reading political undertone to it.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:07am On Jan 23
patrickmuf:
He was responding to those who claim his activities in Rivers State (which is mostly during the weekends) has left him distracted hence the loopholes in the security architecture of the FCT...

He is like; if you claim my travelling to Rivers State a distraction, why not ask the security agents why they slack when I'm not around (weekends) since you claim I'm distracted by the politics of Rivers State...

Yeah, I later got that from afrodoc's explanation. But still I don't think that's what he should be saying at that point; he should be discussing the measures he has put in place to make the talk of whether he is in Lagos , Abuja or Port Harcourt irrelevant.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 11:07am On Jan 23
BlueRayDick:

Yeah, I later got that from afrodoc's explanation. But still I don't think that's what he should be saying at that point; he should be discussing the measures he has put in place to make the talk of whether he is in Lagos , Abuja or Port Harcourt irrelevant.
Agreed...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:44am On Jan 23
afrodoc2:

grin

............Mí ó ni sọ ń kánkán. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 12:06pm On Jan 23
I learnt that GRV's wife is owing her former employee some pounds and she's unwilling to pay the debt, the poor man is crying on X for his money.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:13pm On Jan 23
grin

.....LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23
We may pretend but our actions/ expressions will expose our biases.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 12:46pm On Jan 23
liveLongNprospa:
They should cry a River

(1) (2) (3) ... (4069) (4070) (4071) (4072) (4073) (4074) (4075) ... (4649) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: wegevv, raumdeuter, Theflint1(m), reccy(m), Odunharry(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.