Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1517227 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4116) (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) ... (4727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 4:55pm On Feb 03
Taylor Swift is so unreal, OMG? 😭😭

If this is true, and I say this as a BIG SUPPORTER of hers (even my signature bears testament), how is it news-worthy? How is it relevant sksksksksks? A whole embassy releasing a statement containing a/her song reference literally about her simply in a 'fix' of having her concert in Japan and attending the Super Bowl (which her boyfriend will be playing at).

On a second thought, she's literally a pop culture icon so it seems normal that they'll be these kind of news around her.

But I still can't over the ------ of it all. Even some airlines are changing their flight numbers to represent her birth year, and the number her boyfriend plays 🤣🤣🤣.

One time, too, Elon Musk was throwing some offish comments at her. There's a news I read of a university proposing to introduce a Taylor Swift course, although I think that makes a lot of perfect sense for literature students. She's literally always layering her lyrics and telling stories with them with figures of speech, imagery, classical references to Woodsworth, Shakespeare and the likes like that.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 4:57pm On Feb 03
Bombblacks:
RIP to Carl weathers.
Apollo Creed don leave us.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:58pm On Feb 03
Ibime:

PA work has always been based on the personal preference of the exec. If an Exec no even like the colour of their PA toenail, they will get rid of them. And HR will always support the sack of the PA and payoff the PA whatever the ex-gratia cost.

My former CEO had a PA that works from home and organisers her diary and meetings from home. Current CEO insists that her PA jumps in the car or train with her, travelling upandan the country for meetings and is always dictating to the PA while she is driving. The PA will be sitting in the passenger seat typing while the CEO is driving and talking. Same job, different CEOs.

Can you legally advertise straight man or straight woman PA job in a Yankee job board?

I think this job for 1.5m Naira a month is fair enough. That's almost double a big 4 manager salary in Nigeria and the pressure is not less

Where I used to work in Nigeria they will even lodge you in hotel so you can work till 3am. The hotel room you barely get to sleep in it na your friends go dey carry babes for your room

One M&A for a major bank then we no leave the client office for 3 days. You put your head on table and snooze for 2hrs and resume work, Billion dollar deal on table, numbers not jiving

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:00pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

I work in Texas and used that law. It's like that in most places.

Company can just decide your job is not making enough profit for them or not adding value. You lose the job instantly

This is strange. Una too cold for that side.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will be willing to do all that for a thousand dollars in Texas. If he wants cheap labour that Nigeria offers, some job security will not be bad. If he terminates his employment, he pays him three month salary as pay off.

Win-win for everybody.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 5:01pm On Feb 03
And calling her recent tour The Eras Tour is soo genius because it plays into the popular "I'm in my ______ era" phrase LOL.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:07pm On Feb 03
Itsrm:

This is strange. Una too cold for that side.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will be willing to do all that for a thousand dollars in Texas. If he wants cheap labour that Nigeria offers, some job security will not be bad. If he terminates his employment, he pays him three month salary as pay off.

Win-win for everybody.

If you put yourself in the shoes of the employer

You feel the employee is not delivering enough value or your company is not making enough money, will you keep the employee just so you are not cold?

Or will you sack?

Severance payment is at discretion of employer and most cases depends on how long you've stayed. You can't be under 1yr and expect 3 months payment
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:09pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

Can you legally advertise straight man or straight woman PA job in a Yankee job board?

Na why I excuse am because it is legal to do so in Naija

In USA, though you would not write that, the candidate will be totally at the whim of the CEO

Even if they find out after employment that they have some characteristics or orientation the CEO no gel with, dem go terminate straight and pay off. PA sackings hardly come without payoff.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:15pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

If you put yourself in the shoes of the employer

You feel the employee is not delivering enough value or your company is not making enough money, will you keep the employee just so you are not cold?

Or will you sack?

Severance payment is at discretion of employer and most cases depends on how long you've stayed. You can't be under 1yr and expect 3 months payment

I've been in a similar situation with a vehicle I was using for Bolt. The vehicle kept costing me more than 75% of what it was bringing monthly in repairs. I still allowed the guy drive it till he got something better then I sold off the car.

If I was as cold as you guys in Texas, I would have withdrawn the vehicle and sold it the moment it stopped being profitable.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:20pm On Feb 03
Itsrm:

I've been in a similar situation with a vehicle I was using for Bolt. The vehicle kept costing me more than 75% of what it was bringing monthly in repairs. I still allowed the guy drive it till he got something better then I sold off the car.

If I was as cold as you guys in Texas, I would have withdrawn the vehicle and sold it the moment it stopped being profitable.

In US your example will likely be that you got the car with a loan which you are repaying so when it's not making money for you and you are doing merciful owner to the driver, the bank will be charging you interest daily until you go into debt

Nobody dey get mercy for anyone here.
For instance rent is due every 1st of the month, if you don't pay you start incurring late fees by 10th you lock the door and get the sherif to throw their luggage out
Sharp sharp he don turn homeless sleeping on the street. Even by 18yrs Oyinbo parents dey collect rent from kid or they kick him out

Not like in Nigeria wey tenant go owe you 2021 rent in 2023 and go dey beg say him wife born or his kids school fees
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:21pm On Feb 03
izzou:
I travelled from PH to Lagos, and the bus i entered played Shallipopi from Aba road to Jibowu

Now, i cannot erase these stupid lyrics off my mind.
😁
Thought i was the only one that didn't like that dude songs...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:27pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

All these are not based on numbers

Tinubu can lose reelection if the opposition plays their card properly

Buhari one of the most popular candidates that his name is almost a religion as incumbent president only defeated Atiku by 3m votes. Tinubu does not have Atikus cult following.

My points are always based on facts on ground

If you believe the INEC thing then Obi nor anyone should not bother contesting and you shouldn't bother to vote
Bro Tinubu is not Jonathan, he will rig himself to victory with ease sef. As for the bolded, saint Buhari used Inec to rig himself to victory against Atiku in 2019, Atiku won that election.
Tinubu will not lose in 2027, however bad his first term turned out..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:31pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

In US your example will likely be that you got the car with a loan which you are repaying so when it's not making money for you and you are doing merciful owner to the driver, the bank will be charging you interest daily until you go into debt

For instance rent is due every 1st of the month, if you don't pay you start incurring late fees by 10th you lock the door and get the sherif to throw their luggage out
Sharp sharp he don turn homeless sleeping on the street. Even by 18yrs Oyinbo parents dey collect rent from kid or they kick him out

Not like in Nigeria wey tenant go owe you 2021 rent in 2023 and go dey beg say him wife born or his kids school fees

Don't forget shutting off water and power.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:35pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

I read the bolded like thrice to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding you grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:39pm On Feb 03
TrebleChamp:
Bro Tinubu is not Jonathan, he will rig himself to victory with ease sef. As for the bolded, saint Buhari used Inec to rig himself to victory against Atiku in 2019, Atiku won that election.
Tinubu will not lose in 2027, however bad his first term turned out..

If you believe the elections were rigged by INEC, then why are the others contesting? Or you have information that Obi and Atiku don't have?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by pkasso(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03
izzou:
I travelled from PH to Lagos, and the bus i entered played Shallipopi from Aba road to Jibowu

Lmao. No allow Melvyn11 and WhodeyHause hear this thing for your mouth oh. To them, he is the best thing since sliced bread.

That guy made me believe say Portable get talent for where e dey.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03
TrebleChamp:
Dey play, 2027 result that Inec, APC/Tinubu have written already and kept in a secure place. If anybody believe Tinubu will lose re-election in 2027, that person just dey play...

Maybe, maybe not. 2027 is 3 years from now. 3 years is a long time in Nigerian sociopolitics.

Whatever happens, as long as Obi is on the ballot and there's no one who can match or surpass his credentials running, I'd "waste" my vote on him if I am physically available to vote.

Anybody who wants to vote a worse candidate based on ethno-religious partisan sentiments would buy at the prices the rest of us who vote our consciences buy. And suffer the consequences like they are now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:53pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

If you believe the elections were rigged by INEC, then why are the others contesting? Or you have information that Obi and Atiku don't have?
You know the answer to that question, i would be surprised and a bit disappointed if Peter Obi chooses to run in 2027...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:56pm On Feb 03
DissTroy:

Maybe, maybe not. 2027 is 3 years from now. 3 years is a long time in Nigerian sociopolitics.

Whatever happens, as long as Obi is on the ballot and there's no one who can match or surpass his credentials running, I'd "waste" my vote on him if I am physically available to vote.

Anybody who wants to vote a worse candidate based on ethno-religious partisan sentiments would buy at the prices the rest of us who vote our consciences buy. And suffer the consequences like they are now.
The thing is Tinubu does not need people's vote to win 2027 election, he will use his Inec to rig himself to victory with ease. Tinubu has never been a true Democrat, and he won't become one in 2027...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 6:18pm On Feb 03
This is still killing me. 😭😭😭

It is also symptomatic of first world shenanigans like. . .

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03
TrebleChamp:
😁
Thought i was the only one that didn't like that dude songs...
Wtf is he
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:27pm On Feb 03
TrebleChamp:
The thing is Tinubu does not need people's vote to win 2027 election, he will use his Inec to rig himself to victory with ease. Tinubu has never been a true Democrat, and he won't become one in 2027...

Which times in the past has Tinubu been in control of INEC to manipulate and control them?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:57pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

I work in Texas and used that law. It's like that in most places.

Company can just decide your job is not making enough profit for them or not adding value. You lose the job instantly

In most employment contracts in Nigeria , it is usually stated that the company has the right to terminate the employee’s appointment without incurring any liability for compensation or damages if the employee is found to be guilty of misconduct , dishonesty, embezzlement , fraud,dereliction of duty , if u divulge company’s trading secret and accept monetary gratification from outsider.

Anyting aside this , the company will have to pay u compensation if they terminate ur employment at will.

That’s why when companies do mass retrenchment or individual sacking , they usually pay compensation. If the job get union , the union can contest the compensation package by either shutting down the company’s business activities or heading to the courts .

As regards the job advert, initially I didn’t know the job was a PA job because I was trying to figure out what MT virtual assistant meant . Most PA jobs are like that sha , I don see CEO wey dey office around 10pm in Ikoyi and his PA’s dey with am. I just dey wonder if those guys have their own lives to live at all
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:10pm On Feb 03
pkasso:
Lmao. No allow Melvyn11 and WhodeyHause hear this thing for your mouth oh. To them, he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Your girlfriend want to suck my thing, but no be that kind person I be 😂😂😂😂😂

Benin boy wey just dey cap to him fellow Pablos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 7:11pm On Feb 03
pkasso:

Whatever floats your boat but don't repeat this line outside in public. The amount of slaps you will receive will set you straight.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 7:13pm On Feb 03
Nigerians are really something else. You vibe to American rappers who mumble and talk about hoes, drinks,guns, violence etc but shallipopi is your problem lmao.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:37pm On Feb 03
izzou:

Na every week you dey travel now oh! Abeg stay safe oh!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:15pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

I believe you will have work hours and everything you are doing during those work hours must be clear to your employer

The guys working for you in Naija if you call him when you expect him to be working and he said he dey knack wetin you go talk

He expressly said you can expect video call at any time. The guy is a megalomaniac small yansh wey dey shake.

The experience of working for him will be worse than it sounds on that job advert.

P.S Okay na PA job. Changes things.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 8:27pm On Feb 03
Melvyn11:

Apollo Creed don leave us.
the Nigerian guy in WWE?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 8:48pm On Feb 03
Eunoiaa:
And calling her recent tour The Eras Tour is soo genius because it plays into the popular "I'm in my ______ era" phrase LOL.
magnolia you don dey kolo o.

you see matured men for beer parlor dey talk Taylor Swift.

abi you think say na teenagers dey here?

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:09pm On Feb 03
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 03
raumdeuter:

I think this job for 1.5m Naira a month is fair enough. That's almost double a big 4 manager salary in Nigeria and the pressure is not less

Where I used to work in Nigeria they will even lodge you in hotel so you can work till 3am. The hotel room you barely get to sleep in it na your friends go dey carry babes for your room

One M&A for a major bank then we no leave the client office for 3 days. You put your head on table and snooze for 2hrs and resume work, Billion dollar deal on table, numbers not jiving
But it's Twitter, everybody there earns 6 figures (in Dollars cheesy).

Don't see anything wrong with the major requirements for the job, and other than the optics of restricting based on sexuality, there's some logic shopping for conventional humans, alphabet people wahala no dey finish. The Michael Taiwo guy has never hidden his prejudice against LGBTQ, though I think he could tone it down given that he's in tge West, but be like baba no too send, worst case scenario he moves to Saudi Arabia or Qatar and makes just as much or even more than Shell pays... man's to big to fail already...lol.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 9:25pm On Feb 03
Sheesh. Not worth it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4116) (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) ... (4727) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GrammarNazi1(m), Shegzdave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.