Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1449250 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) (4386) ... (4636) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:12am On Mar 09
Ibime:

Advice from village people

That was a reckless advice from Joshua

Joshua is the poster boy for political correctness. E dey give am outward moral support but meanwhile inside him mind e dey think, "i warned you, innit" and "God don catch you". cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 2:19am On Mar 09
Smelling like a fixed bout but the punch could damage the brain.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 2:22am On Mar 09
afrodoc2:

Possibly but i just heard Fury reiterate my point that styles make fights. Obviously Ngannou is not an elite boxer but Fury does not have the sort of punching power to take him out so easily.

If Ngannou fights Wilder, AJ, Usyk, Fury the 2 boxers that are likely to dispatch him in such a quick manner are AJ and Wilder.......and those are the 2 least rated of the 4.

I dont know man.

This guy's resume is pathetic to me and I've never been fully convinced. Imagine the story if he had (deservedly) lost that match with Ngannou

Can he take a punch? Yes
Can he box? Maybe
Brawl, footwork ? Not sure

Not even seen him with a fair competition to assess him properly. Last time was Klitschko and even the guy was out of shape

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:23am On Mar 09
afrodoc2:

Joshua is the poster boy for political correctness. E dey give am outward moral support but meanwhile inside him mind e dey think, "i warned you, innit" and "God don catch you". cheesy

Ngannou get rematch clause with Joshua. His village elders should call intervention to save his life or at least take out a BIG life insurance on him.

His next play should be to accept step aside money so Johua-Fury can go ahead, then retire immediately and plan his investments grin grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:27am On Mar 09
User09:

I dont know man.

This guy's resume is pathetic to me and I've never been fully convinced. Imagine the story if he had (deservedly) lost that match with Ngannou

Can he take a punch? Yes
Can he box? Maybe
Brawl, footwork ? Not sure

Not even seen him with a fair competition to assess him properly. Last time was Klitschko and even the guy was out of shape

Fury is great for his era, but it is a weak era. It is when they start trying to place him above other greats from tougher eras that i push back. Joshua showed him today how to dispatch a novice.

Fury nearly stained boxing's white. Na unforgivable gaffe.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:30am On Mar 09
Ibime:

Ngannou get rematch clause with Joshua. His village elders should call intervention to save his life or at least take out a BIG life insurance on him.

His next play should be to accept step aside money so Johua-Fury can go ahead, then retire immediately and plan his investments grin grin

The guy needs someone that can talk sense into him. Someone like that with his life story and willpower might have a MISGUIDED belief that he is a child of destiny. He looked really sad after that bout and maybe he was already seeing what he did wrong and was thinking of ways to rectify it in the rematch (through his concussed brain).

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:33am On Mar 09
Ibime:

Why was Ngannou trying Southpaw? Southpaw is not what you switch to in 4 months crash course of boxing. He was wide open like German autobahn. It's either he didn't listen to his corner or his corner don't know what the hell they were doing

Lol nobody is putting up these two to fight again. Even the Sheikh go cancel the fight grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:33am On Mar 09
afrodoc2:

The guy needs someone that can talk sense into him. Someone like that with his life story and willpower might have a MISGUIDED belief that he is a child of destiny. He looked really sad after that bout and maybe he was already seeing what he did wrong and was thinking of ways to rectify it in the rematch (through his concussed brain).

That should be his first KO in life, it will take time to sink in grin grin cheesy

I also saw that he was disappointed and probably summoning up his will power instead of thanking God that he got two big paydays to set him up for life.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:34am On Mar 09
We need the 2 Fury/Usyk fights this year and Joshua to face the winner next year. Meanwhile Joshua can take a proper tune-up later in the year.

Would not mind Joshua/Wilder later this year.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:37am On Mar 09
A40:
Why was Ngannou trying Southpaw? Southpaw is not what you switch to in 4 months crash course of boxing. He was wide open like German autobahn. It's either he didn't listen to his corner or his corner don't know what the hell they were doing

Lol nobody is putting up these two to fight again. Even the Sheikh go cancel the fight grin

Even on orthodox stance he was wide open down the middle. On his right side, his shoulder is not tucked into his chin, and on his left side, his leading jab hand hung out far too wide, exposing his middle. That's the stance of a very mobile fighter with lightning reaction times, not for an old sluggish heavyweight like Ngannou.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 2:39am On Mar 09
A40:
Ngannou to me looked more amateurish today than the first fight. I want to know what he was doing in his training exactly

Simplest of traps. AJ was not really disguising anything he was doing. Of course AJ has more punch power than Fury though not a faster puncher however Ngannou's defense was absolutely shocking

I think his MMA natural instinct showed up as soon as he started taking those punches.

The KO punch for instance, he saw it coming but kept his hand/defense lower like a typical MMA fighter
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:47am On Mar 09
Ibime:

Even on orthodox stance he was wide open down the middle. On his right side, his shoulder is not tucked into his chin, and on his left side, his leading jab hand hung out far too wide, exposing his middle. That's the stance of a very mobile fighter with lightning reaction times, not for an old sluggish heavyweight like Ngannou.
That's why I said Ngannou's defense was bizarre. Look at the first knockdown. Immediately he switched to southpaw AJ gave him boom straight right.

Compare his defense in this fight to the sequence that led to the Fury knockdown. Miles apart.

The problem with MMA is you can never fully defend like a boxer cos you're worried about not just punches and kicks but takedowns as well. I was even surprised at how quickly Ngannou was able to pick up boxing defense in the first fight. Because that's usually the biggest problem MMA boxers have, their stance is just too wide for boxers

Even look at the finishing cross, would probably give Ngannou a pass cos he was like concussed but Joshua corked that thing from Sagamu and Ngannou just couldn't get out the way.

I would probably put Ngannou with a big bang Zhang. The speed difference between him and AJ was glaring and AJ is not exactly warp speed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:50am On Mar 09
User09:

I think his MMA natural instinct showed up as soon as he started taking those punches.

The KO punch for instance, he saw it coming but kept his hand/defense lower like a typical MMA fighter

He didn’t see that KO punch coming bro. There is a difference between looking and seeing.

The lights were on but nobody was home. The 2nd knockdown don connect black wire to red wire. πŸ˜„

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:50am On Mar 09
User09:

Exactly. That cross was thrown from Sagamu. I would give him a slight pass perhaps cos the fight really should have been stopped after the second knockdown.

Anyway amateur will always be amateur, An experience fighter would have regrouped, do small hugging and clinching and try to gather your wits about you. Survive a round or two but Ngannou had no nous for that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:58am On Mar 09
airmark:
Smelling like a fixed bout but the punch could damage the brain.

The first 2 knockdown did the damage.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:59am On Mar 09
A40:

Match wey no even reach 4mins.

Nobody dey watch the rematch.

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:06am On Mar 09
afrodoc2:

Fury is great for his era, but it is a weak era. It is when they start trying to place him above other greats from tougher eras that i push back. Joshua showed him today how to dispatch a novice.

Fury nearly stained boxing's white. Na unforgivable gaffe.
We also need to understand another point: if Fury ended the Ngannou fight in 1 or 2 rounds, there would be no hype for the Joshua vs Ngannou fight at all.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chidekings(m): 7:17am On Mar 09
afrodoc2:

hahahaha,but the Cameroonian was too over confident....Joshua was just being British.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bluelines69: 7:35am On Mar 09
Two big paydays for Ngannou at the end of the day…..that’s definitely the end of the charade maybe Jake Paul would call him out after seeing that match

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 7:42am On Mar 09
GrammarNazi1:

We also need to understand another point: if Fury ended the Ngannou fight in 1 or 2 rounds, there would be no hype for the Joshua vs Ngannou fight at all.

Fury's job is to show a novice his place and protect boxing's reputation. He was not there to promote Ngannou vs Joshua.

We might as well say Joshua should not have knocked out Ngannou in 2 rounds in order to maintain hype for Ngannou vs Usyk or some other fight.

Fury dragged boxing's rep in the mud. No explaining that one away.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by livelongprospa: 8:07am On Mar 09
Bayo Don carry lies enter agriculture it seems.

We shall be there
https://twitter.com/aonanuga1956/status/1766199208430784574?t=Ma30V8wLWA9M1I_kz7zxHg&s=19

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 8:25am On Mar 09
afrodoc2:

He didn’t see that KO punch coming bro. There is a difference between looking and seeing.

The lights were on but nobody was home. The 2nd knockdown don connect black wire to red wire. πŸ˜„
lol.

AJ used proper blow to short circuits his brain πŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 8:40am On Mar 09
Meanwhile.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:45am On Mar 09
ribbit:
lol.

AJ used proper blow to short circuits his brain πŸ˜‚

Short-circuit everything. Wrap black wire to red wire tightly like bf and gf. grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:54am On Mar 09
Twitter user drags Wigwe's daughter for not standing up to shake hands with Shettima at her late father's tribute night.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that this Twitter user sef will grow old and some younger generation will see him as a wise elder ? πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ..... Just look at the sense he has as young adult.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:15am On Mar 09
BlueRayDick:
Twitter user drags Wigwe's daughter for not standing up to shake hands with Shettima at her late father's tribute night.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that this Twitter user sef will grow old and some younger generation will see him as a wise elder ? πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ..... Just look at the sense he has as young adult.

As an aside Someone should have told her to either pack up her her hair or remove it for the funeral though. One us supposed to be somber and understated

Also My man Shettima with a face harder than tunde idiagbon.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:21am On Mar 09
GloriousGbola:

As an aside Someone should have told her to either pack up her her hair or remove it for the funeral though. One us supposed to be somber and understated

But the guy was right.

The tweet was unnecessary but he was right.

Where we come from, you don't sit to greet an elderly person
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:21am On Mar 09
GloriousGbola:

Like someone rightly said in the comment section , make all the advisers who think she didn't act right wait for their turn . Make dem wait for the time they lose both parents and a brother same day and then decide on how best it is to appear or greet guests who come to mourn with them .

Life no hard at all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:24am On Mar 09
izzou:

But the guy was right.

The tweet was unnecessary but he was right.

Where we come from, you don't sit to greet an elderly person

U don't sit to greet an elderly person under normal circumstance .

U think say the girl dey normal for that scene ? Somebody that lost both parents and brother ( who happens to be her closest friend ) all in one day; na that person dem dey expect to stick with normal protocol ?

If na me sef I fit no greet anybody sef . I have lost a loved one and I know what grief can do to people .

The guy was being insensitive with that tweet

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 9:26am On Mar 09
Peter Obi πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

https://twitter.com/Manlikerayy/status/1766228567711523087?t=XyFt8tturqxkSq6XsakWVg&s=19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:26am On Mar 09
BlueRayDick:

Like someone rightly said in the comment section , make all the advisers who think she didn't car right wait for their turn . Make dem wait for the time they lose both parents and a brother same day and then decide on how best it is to appear or greet guests who come to mourn with them .

Life no hard at all

Unfortunately this not the first funeral and it won't be the last. It is actually true. If the lady was used to standing up to greet elders she would instinctively stand up, bereaved or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:26am On Mar 09
BlueRayDick:

U don't sit to greet an elderly person under normal circumstance .

U think say the girl dey normal for that scene ? Somebody that lost both parents and brother ( who happens to be her closest friend ) all in one day; na that person dem dey expect to stick with normal protocol ?

If na me sef I fit no greet anybody sef . I have lost a loved one and I know what grief can do to people .

The guy was being insensitive with that tweet

True

(1) (2) (3) ... (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) (4386) ... (4636) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: raumdeuter, seankafor(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.