Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1444927 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) (4395) (4396) (4397) ... (4632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:41pm On Mar 10
The business really boomed in 2021

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 1:42pm On Mar 10
Thazard:
grin grin grin I also have Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.
Ah another book that brings back nostalgic feelings. Captain John silver the crook. I made a mistake though it's not RL Stevenson that wrote Robinson Crusoe. It's Daniel defoe.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:43pm On Mar 10
izzou:
Excursion business in the north of agriculture

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 1:43pm On Mar 10
Sportsweb:
https://www.nairaland.com/8025511/sen-ningi-another-budget-passed
Which one is underground budget again? This country self and making the news for laughable reasons.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10
iamoyindamola:

Excursion business in the north of agriculture

Zero arrests
Zero convictions
Zero prosecutions

8,367 rehabilitations and reconstructions

Make we dey play

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Thazard(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10
WhoDeyHause:

Ah another book that brings back nostalgic feelings. Captain John silver the crook. I made a mistake though it's not RL Stevenson that wrote Robinson Crusoe. It's Daniel defoe.
Yeah, i wanted to correct you on that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:52pm On Mar 10
izzou:
Stumbled upon African China's Mr President track on YouTube

That song could pass off as one that was released last night.

Almost 2 decades, and Nothing has changed from that song.

No be today Nigeria problem start.

Fela's songs of 45-50 years ago are still very relevant. The more things change in Nigeria, the more they stay the same.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10
izzou:

Zero arrests
Zero convictions
Zero prosecutions

8,367 rehabilitations and reconstructions

Make we dey play
You know the funny thing
These are ain't remorseful
If the government break any of their promises they will threaten to pick up arms again as if they are entitled to commit crimes

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:54pm On Mar 10
Ibime:

Most of those stats are bogus and unkempt

A thriving economy is evidenced by movement of people

There is no time at which Anambra became a super success story in the period under review that was noticeable. Its just like when Okonjo Iweala rebased Nigeria's GDP doubling it overnight in 2014. Something similar must be at play here.

Movement of people in our area over the last 25 years is to Port Harcourt and Lagos. Those are the expanding economies. If Anambra economy was expanding at the rate the propaganda suggests, we should be seeing mass migration there.

Exactly what I said earlier in the week to obainojazz

You can lie with numbers create narratives that will favor you but what's happening on the street doesn't lie

Especially human migration patterns because they will move towards prosperity

You want to know where is more prosperous? Look at the net migration over a period of time
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:55pm On Mar 10
Thazard:
grin grin grin I also have Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Do you have a library for books?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:56pm On Mar 10
izzou:

Do they eventually release the captives of what happens to them cos after the Chibok and Dapchi I think govt stopped caring
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:59pm On Mar 10
afrodoc2:

Fela's songs of 45-50 years ago are still very relevant. The more things change in Nigeria, the more they stay the same.

Who swear for this country should have mercy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Thazard(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10
raumdeuter:

Do you have a library for books?
Yeah, a small one. You've read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10
raumdeuter:

Do they eventually release the captives of what happens to them cos after the Chibok and Dapchi I think govt stopped caring

Dem they release am naa.

Definitely after alert has dropped
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:01pm On Mar 10
izzou:

Who swear for this country should have mercy.

The witch don die tay tay.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:05pm On Mar 10
izzou:
Stumbled upon African China's Mr President track on YouTube

That song could pass off as one that was released last night.

Almost 2 decades, and Nothing has changed from that song.

No be today Nigeria problem start.

That's how you will know say long term the country no dey go anywhere

The 80s were filled with songs and wailing of poverty suffering

Under pressure Nigerians under pressure
No food in our belly, no money in our pocket

That's why when young ones say or think things were better in those days I just laugh

I have a bros who we gist together

He told me when he finished from Unilag in early 90s. No jobs anywhere, you go even bribe so you can do NYSC for many years at least na some income.

Him and his Unilag friends come start barber runs around Balogun bus stop on Awolowo way towards Allen.. a snag, they didn't have generators and fuel scarcity where the nearest filling station with fuel go dey Opebi and has 10km queue . So you will start barbing someone's hair, NEPA will just strike and they will offer them face cap to go home and come back when light comes. He said the day they packed up the business was when in the middle of haircut NEPA struck and he offered one guy his cap, Say the guy beat all of them destroyed all their properties

Na that day after the beating he decided to pack his load and face Oyo state to begin farm, later he bought a desktop computer to begin teach people how to use computer

Na so he hustle till he japa

When he narrated the story, I laugh till I begin shed tears

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 2:07pm On Mar 10
pkasso:
Hmmn. You don't download books online illegally, I presume?
I have an account on Z-lib.

At the same time, one of my ideas involves creating something to protect creators and help them with digital rights management, with the aid of blockchain technology.

Again, two sides, one coin.

The fact that the bulk of the books I've read have been pirated copies because I can't afford them doesn't make the act of piracy any less damaging.

I'm an author myself, and I know what has happened to my book, Pitakwa Boy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:10pm On Mar 10
izzou:

Dem they release am naa.

Definitely after alert has dropped

Soon govt no go dey send alert again and kidnappers will either have to kill, contact families if they're rich or just abandon the victims
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10
raumdeuter:

Exactly what I said earlier in the week to obainojazz

You can lie with numbers create narratives that will favor you but what's happening on the street doesn't lie

Especially human migration patterns because they will move towards prosperity

You want to know where is more prosperous? Look at the net migration over a period of time

Well I simply believe Anambra GDP stats were unkempt for several years or decades.

Imagine this, Unlimited22 posits Obi met a N91bln GDP and left a N3trillion GDP

I have little problem with the N3trillion, I posit that the N91bln had been left unkempt for years

The N91bln represented a GDP per capita of $163 way below Nigerias GDP per capita of $1.9k then

There has never been a time when Ndi Anambra will fall below the average Nigerian GDP per Capita being the hub of commerce in the South-East so the 2007 stats were wrong and probably rebased at some point between 2007 and 2014, just by calculations, not because of any economic uplift on ground.

N91bln GDP to N3trillion GDP suggests the economy of Anambra grew over 30 times it's size under Obi. Yet the population remained static by Nigerian standards

Obidients should temper fervour with common sense when producing stats

Can an economy grow 30 times in size and the population remain static? That means in reality there are no economic opportunities on ground to make people move there despite what the stats are saying. Instead Ndi Igbo chose to move to PortHarcourt and Lagos where economic activity was taking place.

By voting with their feet in their migratory patterns, they are agreeing with the Cornvict argument - "NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP?"

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:17pm On Mar 10
Ibime:

Well I simply believe Anambra GDP stats were unkempt for several years or decades.

I have little problem with the N3trillion, I posit that the N91bln had been left unkempt for years

The N91bln represented a GDP per capita of $163 way below Nigerias GDP per capita of $1.9k then

There has never been a time when Ndi Anambra will fall below the average Nigerian GDP per Capita being the hub of commerce in the South-East so the 2007 stats were wrong and probably rebased at some point, just by calculations, not because of any economic uplift on ground.

N91bln GDP to N3trillion GDP suggests the economy of Anambra grew over 30 times it's size under Obi. Yet the population remained static by Nigerian standards

Can an economy grow 30 times in size and the population remain static? That means in reality there are no economic opportunities on ground to make people move there despite what the stats are saying. Instead Ndi Igbo chose to move to PortHarcourt and Lagos where economic activity was taking place.

By voting with their feet in their migratory patterns, they are agreeing with the Cornvict argument - "NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP?"

Recently On whatsapp group someone sent to me how Nigeria moved from 9bn to 33bn external reserve in the last 6months

I immediately asked him to provide evidence of both time stamps. It's either the end or starting number is dubious

You can't make such jump and not see the huge policy change that made it so maybe they discovered a new mineral resource in Anambra abi Obi invested in Gamestop shares

In the OBJ days when we just emerged from military that was a legit excuse or reason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:23pm On Mar 10
To put it put it simply, wealth and disposable income is self evident.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:32pm On Mar 10
GloriousGbola:
To put it put it simply, wealth and disposable income is self evident.

It's like smoke or pregnancy you can't hide it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On Mar 10
Izzou wetin you think about this hustle

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:23pm On Mar 10
Ibime:

There has never been a time when Ndi Anambra will fall below the average Nigerian GDP per Capita being the hub of commerce in the South-East so the 2007 stats were wrong and probably rebased at some point between 2007 and 2014, just by calculations, not because of any economic uplift on ground.

Let me understand u here ; are u saying u trust eye test more than NBS data ? From my understanding the author of that tweet is quoting NBS , Human Capital Development indicators 2008.

If u are using the argument that as at 2007Anambra stats were unkempt, then what do we make of stats used by APC and Tinubu during the campaign ; stats that span a period of 1999-2007 . Are those stats " kempt " and accurate ? I mean stats that say Tinubu met GDP , IGR and other indicators at so so figures and took it to so so figures

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:30pm On Mar 10
raumdeuter:
wetin you think about this hustle

Two bites per month, ke?

I no do
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10
BlueRayDick:

Let me understand u here ; are u saying u trust eye test more than NBS data ? From my understanding the author of that tweet is quoting NBS , Human Capital Development indicators 2008.

If u are using the argument that as at 2007Anambra stats were unkempt, then what do we make of stats used by APC and Tinubu during the campaign ; stats that span a period of 1999-2007 . Are those stats " kempt " and accurate ? I mean stats that say Tinubu met GDP , IGR and other indicators at so so figures and took it to so so figures

100% bogus unless you believe Anambra economy exploded 30 times it's size in 7 years. How can I agree with a stat that tells me Benue had $1.4k GDP per capita and Anambra only $163? You stand behind that?

I don't know nothing about Tinubus stats cos I don't follow his campaign. The only thing I can back is his IGR because that is cash in bank

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:40pm On Mar 10
Ibime:

100% bogus unless you believe Anambra economy exploded 30 times it's size in 7 years. How can I agree with a stat that tells me Benue had $1.4k GDP per capita and Anambra only $163? You stand behind that?

I don't know nothing about Tinubus stats cos I don't follow his campaign. The only thing I can back is his IGR because that is cash in bank

So is it safe to say all NBS data bar IGR are bogus ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:43pm On Mar 10
Ibime:

At what point in time in history will anyone claim Anambra was the worst state in the SE and worst 5 in the nation?

Not even immediately after Civil War will that be correct.

See All NW states dey dust Anambra? Will anyone believe this type of stats at anytime in the last 50yrs?

Jigawa 996, but Anambra 167. Except na number of cows dem dey count

Then either Jigawa Anambra or both did dagbo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:43pm On Mar 10
BlueRayDick:

So is it safe to say all NBS data bar IGR are bogus ?

I have no idea. I judge each stats as presented and that one is bogus.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10
raumdeuter:

Jigawa 996, but Anambra 167. Except na number of cows dem dey count

Then either Jigawa Anambra or both did dagbo

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 3:46pm On Mar 10
DissTroy:

Completely random question: Do you by any chance like big polos/ t-shirts, with cross bags - black crossbags, slides and white socks with shorts to booth? And white airpods too?

hahaha..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by pkasso(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10
Unlimited22:

I have an account on Z-lib.

At the same time, one of my ideas involves creating something to protect creators and help them with digital rights management, with the aid of blockchain technology.

Again, two sides, one coin.

The fact that the bulk of the books I've read have been pirated copies because I can't afford them doesn't make the act of piracy any less damaging.

I'm an author myself, and I know what has happened to my book, Pitakwa Boy.

Yeah. I specifically directed the question to you for a reason. Omo, so sorry about your book. No be say you be Stephen King or J.K Rowling wey don chop money for writing. Abeg, make dem allow my guy make im money oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) (4395) (4396) (4397) ... (4632) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: aieromon(m), raumdeuter and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.