Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1567758 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4471) (4472) (4473) (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) ... (4835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 9:17pm On Mar 25
Incognito9:
Depay rescued alves
I thought Neymar paid his bail fee?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:18pm On Mar 25
GloriousGbola:

the man no dey try if this is happening second time in 12 months

only difference is that this tim ethye have lagos fire service on speed dial the entire area has them all around

Most superstores like Grocery bazaar, Justrite and the likes get loan facilities from the bank and those banks always mandate them to have fire insurance for their buildings and trading stock(which the banks actually finance). The man doesn't need to do too much to bounce back.

The insurers will give him whatever the value he insured as at last renewal and he will make up the difference in inflation by himself . The business will be back and running in no time.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:20pm On Mar 25
Incognito9:
Depay rescued alves
Is this picture recent ? I don't think depay will risk his reputation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 9:25pm On Mar 25
Ballzproblem2:
Is this picture recent ? I don't think depay will risk his reputation.

Not recent picture.

Depay paid for his bail tho

https:///BarcaUniversal/status/1772313298857349569?s=20
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 9:26pm On Mar 25
WhoDeyHause:

I thought Neymar paid his bail fee?

No, he didn't.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 9:28pm On Mar 25
When the price of goods and services soared a while ago they said it is because of the high rate of dollar to naira. Now dollar to naira rate has crashed, but the prices of goods and services are going up instead of going down. Infact things are even getting more costy.

Honestly, I want the dollar to go up to as much as 2500 to naira if possible, that will favour some of us better.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 9:28pm On Mar 25
Incognito9:

No, he didn't.
So it was depay despite the fact he was being owed his legal salaries at sapalona? That guy has money oo.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:28pm On Mar 25
BlueRayDick:

I will not even lie, everything about the guy disgusts me. I'm tired of the fact that bloggers always find a way to force his contents down our throats.

Now the nollywood actors & actresses are fighting themselves over the embarrassment the whole thing is causing them having given him undue attention for too long
Nollywood people no get sense before
Majority of them are hungry running after politicians, olosho etc
Their shame just start now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 9:29pm On Mar 25
Halo season 2 is a masterpiece. It's been a long time I watched a series/ movie and got this satisfied.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:29pm On Mar 25
Incognito9:

Not recent picture.

Depay paid for his bail tho

https:///BarcaUniversal/status/1772313298857349569?s=20
alright, make en no do wetin Dem go take cancel am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 9:32pm On Mar 25
TemporaryHansel:
When the price of goods and services soared a while ago they said it is because of the high rate of dollar to naira. Now dollar to naira rate has crashed, but the prices of goods and services are going up instead of going down. Infact things are even getting more costy.

Honestly, I want the dollar to go up to as much as 2500 to naira if possible, that will favour some of us better.
Abeg o, some of us never hammer yet.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 10:33pm On Mar 25
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:34pm On Mar 25
Incognito9:
Depay rescued alves

This guy get money pass sense

All the Brazilians wey dey dance Makossa with Alves inside dressing room no go save am, na Memphis wey no sabi Alves go save am

To comot money for this Memphis pocket go easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 10:39pm On Mar 25
TemporaryHansel:

Annual inflation is at 30%.
Also, there are folks who ordered goods at 1700 and are yet to clear the container.
You'd not expect those folks to sell at 1300 rate.
There are also businesses that had been making huge FX losses and are understandably not in a hurry to slash prices.

There has been a marginal drop in the prices of some goods.
It'll take about a quarter for the impact to be felt across the board.

In any case, Cardoso has declared a nationwide 30% discount on everything.
Knowing Nigeria's rabid appetite for all things foreign, dude is writing a check that the CBN can't cash.
The reserves has resumed its inevitable fall. It's only been one week.
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp

The buy signal is when Cardoso takes a victory lap.
We'll still get to >2000. This is a detour.
I really do hope we get to 800. The lower the better. It'll make the alpha sumptuous.

In the meantime, if you earn in dollars (like I do) and are about to brace an up to 40% (if not more) drop in earnings in naira terms, (Ouch!) you'll have to dig in, brace for impact, and defer in-country capital expenditures until prices reflect the FX drop or rates crash again; whichever comes first.
Everyone else should enjoy the cheap $ while stock lasts.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:48pm On Mar 25
WhoDeyHause:
Abeg o, some of us never hammer yet.
ajeh grin,make dollar wait.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:50pm On Mar 25
dollar will still be long term investment,all this one's way cardiology dey do na for show grin ,but I like what he's doing for now as this forex trading never click well for me .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 11:57pm On Mar 25
LordAdam16:

Annual inflation is at 30%.
Also, there are folks who ordered goods at 1700 and are yet to clear the container.
You'd not expect those folks to sell at 1300 rate.
There are also businesses that had been making huge FX losses and are understandably not in a hurry to slash prices.

There has been a marginal drop in the prices of some goods.
It'll take about a quarter for the impact to be felt across the board.

In any case, Cardoso has declared a nationwide 30% discount on everything.
Knowing Nigeria's rabid appetite for all things foreign, dude is writing a check that the CBN can't cash.
The reserves has resumed its inevitable fall. It's only been one week.
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp

The buy signal is when Cardoso takes a victory lap.
We'll still get to >2000. This is a detour.
I really do hope we get to 800. The lower the better. It'll make the alpha sumptuous.

In the meantime, if you earn in dollars (like I do) and are about to brace an up to 40% (if not more) drop in earnings in naira terms, (Ouch!) you'll have to dig in, brace for impact, and defer in-country capital expenditures until prices reflect the FX drop or rates crash again; whichever comes first.
Everyone else should enjoy the cheap $ while stock lasts.

-Lord

Yeah I earn in dollars, and I want the rate to go back up as soon as possible because the current low rates have zero benefits to me.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 11:58pm On Mar 25
Ballzproblem2:
ajeh grin,make dollar wait.
Me wey never go cape Verde find my missing rib. Make Hansel wait make the money long fess so we go dorime together for quilox with our 3.5 million bottle of Azul.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 12:03am On Mar 26
WhoDeyHause:

Me wey never go cape Verde find my missing rib. Make Hansel wait make the money long fess so we go dorime together for quilox with our 3.5 million bottle of Azul.
I go tag along of you wan go cape Verde but my missing rib dey Ethiopia
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:18am On Mar 26
Ibime:

All the Brazilians wey dey dance Makossa with Alves inside dressing room no go save am, na Memphis wey no sabi Alves go save am

I think they played together at Barca so they definitely known each other. Alves' Brazilian and long term Barca teammates failed him sha.

Apart from it being probably easy to get money from Memphis, he is a rebel, so this is the kind of cause he is likely to get behind.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:23am On Mar 26
Ibime:

Won't be surprised it's probably Barca paying for his bail through the backdoor. 1M is a lot of money, even for a footballer.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 12:26am On Mar 26
Recent data doesn't support a lot of the FX doomsday hypothesis up there, so I wonder where all the weak Naira posit is coming from.

In hindsight, I would wager that the move to domicile NNPCL revenue is probably a good one and serving its purpose. Even to the point where CBN is intervening in the retail window. Also there's the Eurobond talks and coming in soon

I'm more interested in the long term play though but in the short term, I don't see what you guys see. Anyone who wants to short the Naira however should do so with his risk managed and or be ready to play the very long game

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 12:27am On Mar 26
Ballzproblem2:
I go tag along of you wan go cape Verde but my missing rib dey Ethiopia
Yawa no dey my gee. We go just go port enter Ethiopia as we dey go make you find your own and if you no see am there we follow one way enter Tanzania maybe e go dey there.
No me dem go use billing kill. After all I no dey play for Bournemouth.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:30am On Mar 26
afrodoc2:

I think they played together at Barca so they definitely known each other. Alves' Brazilian and long term Barca teammates failed him sha.

Apart from it being probably easy to get money from Memphis, he is a rebel, so this is the kind of cause he is likely to get behind.

I think it's the rebel part. I remember Memphis impassioned speech after Benjamin Mendy got acquitted. Memphis is a "campaigner" on this matter, but €1m for someone he barely knows like that shows a fool easily parted with his money.

I just finish Tyson, Ali and Joe Frazier autobiographies and in all cases, you can see how these guys ended up broke. No discipline with money at all. Moving on to Roberto Duran who suffered the same fate.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 12:30am On Mar 26
Diddy’s problems getting bigger. I thought he was clear

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 12:33am On Mar 26
Ibime:

I think it's the rebel part. I remember Memphis impassioned speech after Benjamin Mendy got acquitted. Memphis is a "campaigner" on this matter, but €1m for someone he barely knows like that shows a fool easily parted with his money.

I just finish Tyson, Ali and Joe Frazier autobiographies and in all cases, you can see how these guys ended up broke. No discipline with money at all. Moving on to Roberto Duran who suffered the same fate.

Maya Angelou is goated
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 12:33am On Mar 26
WhoDeyHause:

Yawa no dey my gee. We go just go port enter Ethiopia as we dey go make you find your own and if you no see am there we follow one way enter Tanzania maybe e go dey there.
No me dem go use billing kill. After all I no dey play for Bournemouth.
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:36am On Mar 26
Theflint1:
Won't be surprised it's probably Barca paying for his bail through the backdoor. 1M is a lot of money, even for a footballer.

I doubt it. If it's not Memphis alone, I won't rule out a collection of friends who don't want to put their name to it and jeopardise their sponsorships. It's plausible they sent Memphis to be the face since is a campaigner for such cases and doesn't have much to lose
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:37am On Mar 26
TemporaryHansel:

Maya Angelou is goated

She is, but I actually think she exaggerates her tales a bit.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:41am On Mar 26
Ibime:

Unfortunately, it is a recurring theme with sportsmen. They start making money when their brains are still developing, develop bad financial habits, and by the time they are mature enough to handle the money the well has dried up.

They are the only group who consistently go through those life phases backwards, i.e money before maturity, rather than maturity before money.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:43am On Mar 26
Ibime:

I doubt it. If it's not Memphis alone, I won't rule out a collection of friends who don't want to put their name to it and jeopardise their sponsorships. It's plausible they sent Memphis to be the face since is a campaigner for such cases and doesn't have much to lose

You might be right. Even Neymar alone might funnel funds through Memphis. Neymar's past history makes it difficult for him to stand front and center.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:43am On Mar 26
TemporaryHansel:
Diddy’s problems getting bigger. I thought he was clear

To those who think Social Media grants you freedom to say anything you want

FG begin trial of man who claimed Fashola was writing election tribunal results

https://www.nairaland.com/8041485/fg-begins-trial-ibezim-chike

(1) (2) (3) ... (4471) (4472) (4473) (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) ... (4835) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: User09, Godstime001, GloriousGbola and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.