Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1442313 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) ... (4632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by pocohantas(f): 10:41pm On Apr 02
izzou:

Me nko?

Should i take mine seriously?

Hhaahaha! You that never writes more than a paragraph?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Odunharry(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02
Bombblacks:
Experience will teach you that older women are better than younglings.
Lol they play..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Proserpina: 10:50pm On Apr 02

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 10:52pm On Apr 02
Proserpina:
Eun oiaa

kiss kiss kiss

Stopppp lol đŸ«ŁđŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02
Eunoiaa:

Again, nobody, including the Egbons like Ibime and Raumdeuter saw it right to set that straight. Which is fine. They are not obligated to, and I am not even saying all these to paint myself as a victim, but what

Calm down Annoyer, we don't read epistle hia to even know what you are arguing about

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 10:56pm On Apr 02
Ibime:
Calm down Annoyer, we don't read epistle hia to even know what you are arguing about

Okay.

Sha call your fellow neutrals to order and instruct them to stop policing me indirectly and everything'll be good.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Proserpina: 11:06pm On Apr 02

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Proserpina: 11:08pm On Apr 02
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:09pm On Apr 02
grin

.......see pitch invaders everywhere. Where is Osayi when you need him sef?! LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 11:23pm On Apr 02
OasisX:
grin

.......see pitch invaders everywhere. Where is Osayi when you need him sef?! LOL!

grin grin grin
I been think say you dey fast?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 11:24pm On Apr 02
OasisX:
grin

I mean, what's a classic game of good ol' football with the glorious Barcelona of past days beating Real Madrid 7-0 that has the crowd spilling into the pitch to felicitate with the players? grin

Nothing like it, I tell ya.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:35pm On Apr 02
obligatory

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:43pm On Apr 02
GloriousGbola:
obligatory
Touché
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:01am On Apr 03
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:50am On Apr 03
Eunoiaa:

Which "they" though? Who are they, because I do not understand that use of pronouns.

Unless you just want to be dishonestly selective, there is only ONE person who has been coming in here to drag me. Posted my pictures repeatedly and even responded to a diary post I made elsewhere in here.

I reported the posts and and he came back to drop this comment garnering about 14 likes and 6 shares, mostly from the regulars in here I'm sure, so I guess you're right on that front, Ray Dick. Absolutely none of his (Fira09) antics would gain any traction here if people like Seankafor and other faceless swines weren't egging him on. You cannot expect me to keep quiet in the face of provocation.

Ballzproblem2, TemporaryHansel, WhoDeyHouse and some others intentionally quote my posts and set me up for bullying and you'll see some hoarde laughing and shit.

Abi you people don't talk about music in here? You never talk about women in here? Even though I jokingly posted about Simi and Tiwa's song, one ediot was telling me that I have an undeveloped brain for doing so. Unprovoked. Snide remarks here and there that none of you 'neutrals' deem it fit to speak on, but when I respond to them, oh, it's suddenly this thread is going to shit and you guys are dropping one or two zen quotes.

I felt the need to respond to this because I am in the "centre" of it. The only person trolling me is Fira09, importing his beefs here with me. Every other people I have an 'issue' with in here developed from squabbles over a discussion.

A40 too started going personal with me today. He did not have to say the words, but I did took offense at him implying that I dislike Odumodu because his lyrics are true about me "you people", "female nature." Again, nobody, including the Egbons like Ibime and Raumdeuter saw it right to set that straight. Which is fine. They are not obligated to, and I am not even saying all these to paint myself as a victim, but what I do not appreciate is when y'all now turn around to be dropping lines like these when I respond back. I mean, is all not fair in love and war? What exactly makes it so easy for them to go personal with me when they do not act like that with other guys?

At least with the very one time Nihilist jnr quoted me/I had a disagreement with him, he's really stuck to his "no fuçks given" lane. Even when Ibi.me disagrees with me, he never goes mud-slinging like these ones.

There's no egregious or outrageous opinions I share in here, even moreso than others, and so, even though I seem to be in the midst of some constant "fights", it is because THEY (they know themselves) have an ax to grind with me for whatever reason.

If it's not personal; then my reactions to the mockery and subs should not be seen as an "heaven is falling down" situation in this thread too.

Thank you.

I dont think I've ever told you not to respond to or reply to anyone you want to. It's your right and none of us own NL.

When the person that posted your pics did, I reported the post for breaking rule 10 and even told someone else to do so. I am not on your side or their side, infact there's no side at all to me because I'm not interested in any of this discussion you guys are having. I most times just skip through.

Finally, please do whatever makes you happy but if I can offer a little "advise", please take it easy.

Thank you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 1:01am On Apr 03
I guess my hood wasn't the only place rain fell tonight,shit came with heavy wind .

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 1:19am On Apr 03
OasisX:
grin

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Fira09(m): 4:35am On Apr 03
Proserpina:
You are a bloody mf Eunoiaa, a big one, I ain't even active on NL as of late but no I'm the one who is trolling a nobody like you.

I need to lay a complaint to the mods, I can't take this from bĂź*** a** strangers. Wtf.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 4:48am On Apr 03
pocohantas:

You write excellently. You should take your writing career serious.

Very serious. It's necessary!!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 4:55am On Apr 03
Ballzproblem2:
I guess my hood wasn't the only place rain fell tonight,shit came with heavy wind .

E be like say nah only your side o egbon. E don tey wey we dy pray for rain, shishi we no see.

This is the fourth month of the year now yet, rain never deem it fit to consider Minna not even for once!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:58am On Apr 03
Eunoiaa:

Exhibit two.

Two whole responses in relation to me. And I am sure this is not the height of it for him. He will still go on making jest and throwing subs and egging others on whenever they insult me, but the time I will decide to combine it all together and give him in overflowing measures, it's generalised advice on the apocalypse of the EPL Chatroom here and there.

I nor kuku dey gree before, so make everybody tok watin dem like sha. It's either the thread gets locked or not in the end.

The bold is exactly the reason why I made that post u quoted ; ordinarily I have no business quoting u or anybody engaging u over ur imaginary online beefs .Simply because when this place is finally overrun with incessant squabbles that degenerate to personals being splashed everywhere ; thread may get locked .

As much as this place is a beer parlor where we discuss all forms of topics and joke about many things, u should know this thread serve as a meeting post for great minds . Different people in different parts of the world who share ideas and knowledge . This thread affords some of us opportunity to connect with others who have turn out to give us ideas/knowledge and advice that worked out for us on personal , professional and financial level .

Afrodoc not quite long helped me with an advice that assisted me in achieving a career-defining move. Recently egbon olowuni mentioned how our discussions on real estate/housing project aided him in making up his mind on a real estate investment which he hasn't regretted till date. I'm sure different people have one or two things they've gained by the continued existence of this thread.

This thread is not a playground to settle beef and squabbles u have with people all over nairaland . The fact that it's called a chatroom doesn't make it where u want to clap back at trolls and then make it impossible for other important discussions to be had.

U can always report anybody that trolls u or invade ur privacy by posting personal details about u on any thread they do that. Stop importing beefs to this thread. If u have issues with someone on this thread regarding trolling , there's always the option of "mail the mods " on this board . U can write as much as u want in ur mail to the mods. I know the mods on this board read those mails cos I've gotten antispam
bot ban lifted early through those mails at different times .

Talking about giving it back in full measures to every subs and insults...etc ...... I believe u will one day realize the wisdom in a saying that's credited to Winston Churchill which goes: " You Will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks "

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:59am On Apr 03
‘Electricity Tariff To Rise By 300%’

Power companies will be allowed to raise electricity prices to N200 ($0.15) per kilowatt-hour from N68 for urban consumers this month, the Bloomberg news agency, citing sources, reported Tuesday.

It was learnt that these customers represent 15% of the population that the government says consume 40% of the nation’s electricity, the agency said.

Bloomberg said Nigeria plans to almost triple energy prices within weeks.

It quoted people in the presidency with knowledge of the matter saying this was in a bid to attract new investment and slash about $2.3 billion spent to cap tariffs (subsidies).

According to the news agency, “Nigerians will now have to pay $2.42 per one million British thermal units from the previous rate of $2.18 MMBtu.”

Daily Trust reports that this revelation is coming in the wake of Monday’s announcement by the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) of an increase in the price of natural gas, which is used to generate more than 70% of electricity in Nigeria.

NMDPRA had set a new 2024 base gas price for companies in the power sector and commercial users.

This was contained in a statement signed by Farouk Ahmed, the authority’s chief executive.

Nigeria had privatised generation and distribution in 2013, and tariffs are set by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), a government-controlled body.

Bloomberg said, “Power firms aren’t allowed to charge enough to recover the cost of distributing electricity, with the government paying the difference as a subsidy to companies in the sector.

“The government has in the past said that electricity companies are short of an estimated two trillion naira in capital and need new investors to revive the industry.”

But activists who spoke to our correspondents yesterday expressed shock, saying it would be impossible for Nigerians to bear outright removal of subsidy on electricity, in addition to the removal of fuel subsidy, which had in turn made life unbearable

When contacted by Daily Trust yesterday, the General Manager, Public Affairs of NERC, Dr Usman Arabi, did not respond to calls and text messages sent to his phone.

But Bloomberg quoted Bayo Onanuga, a spokesman for the presidency as saying, “The regulator (NERC) will make a pronouncement based on its discussion with the distribution and generating companies.

“The presidency cannot say anything at this stage. Electricity sector is hurting.”

Nigerians overstretched – CSOs

However, members of the Civil Society (CSOs) have expressed deep concern over the recent reports indicating that the federal government is once again planning to almost triple the electricity tariff within weeks.

Speaking on the development, the Executive Director, Resource Centre for Human Rights and Civic Education (CHRICED), Comrade Ibrahim M. Zikirullahi, said that the proposed tariff of N200 per kilowatt, compared to the current N68 per kilowatt, highlights the lack of empathy within President Bola Tinubu’s administration.

“This move disregards the struggles of millions of Nigerians who have been pushed further into poverty as a result of the abrupt and poorly planned removal of fuel subsidies.”

CHRICED warns that the “bull in the China shop” approach to public policy implementation, will only worsens the economic hardships faced by Nigerians during the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said: “Despite mounting tensions, the government seems oblivious to the growing impatience among Nigerians, paving the way for potential mass protests and social unrest in the country”.

Also, the Executive Director, Cleen Foundation, Gad Peter, said that the development was surprising, especially because when Tinubu government came on board in May 2023, the discussion of increasing electricity tariff came and it was shelved because of the difficulties Nigerians were going through.

“I remember the National Assembly saying that the timing was very wrong. So I am surprised that we are coming back to this conversation again and it is almost a 300 per cent increase.

“I think the federal government and the electricity distribution companies and all of their allies need to be more sensitive to the pain that Nigerians are going through.

“I am very much aware that you know that in the last one month or so, electricity supply has been very inconsistent, people are just struggling to survive.

“And even people that have alternative sources of power like generators are struggling to either buy diesel or fuel to be able to run it through the night or through the day to keep businesses and to stay alive by reducing the heat.

“I think that this is not the best decision considering the fact that we are still struggling with the negative effect of the removal of the fuel subsidy.

“We are still struggling with insecurity, with the level of poverty in the country, still struggling that people are paying high for fuel,” he said.

Efforts to reach the President of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Joe Ajaero, to get the official position of the organised labour last night proved abortive.

Ajaero, who did not pick several calls, did not also reply to a text message sent to him as at when filing this report.

In the same vein, calls to the Head of Information at NLC Headquarters, Benson Upah, rang unanswered, and he was yet to reply to a WhatsApp message sent to him.

How fuel subsidy removal, fx complicated electricity tariff

Experts have repeatedly said that the removal of subsidies on petrol and the floating of the naira by the current administration are two twin decisions that have complicated NERC’s 2022 Multi-Year Tariff Order (MYTO)

Although the power sector players have been unable to meet the threshold of supplying at least 5,000 megawatts a year after signing contracts with NERC, the commission’s current Service Based Tariff (SBT) was benchmarked on an exchange rate of N441/$ and inflation of 16.97 per cent.

Going by the NERC’s orders, in 2015, the average tariff across distribution companies (DisCos) and classes of end-users was N25 kilowatt, in order of 198/2020, which came into effect on September 1, 2020. The average tariff went to N60 per kilowatt; in the MYTO for 2022, the average tariff was N64 across classes of customers.

The foreign exchange rate used in determining the 2015 tariff was N198.97/$, N383.80/$ was used in 2020, while N441.78/$ was used in 2022. The inflation used in the 2015 MYTO was 8.3 per cent, 12 per cent was used in 2020 and 16.97 per cent in 2022.

Currently, the inflation rate is 31.70 per cent and some experts have projected that it would hit 35 per cent by the end of June[/b]

Source: Daily Trust.

It's about to go down. Pulling the lever on the electricity subsidy is another disaster waiting to happen.

All of these, please do not lose track of the fact that the daily trust news piece mentioned it that in 2015 when APC as a party took over leadership, the exchange rate used to determine electricity tariff was N198.97 and within 5 years it was N441.78. The inflation rate jumped from 8.3% in 2015 to 12% in 2020 and 16.97 under same APC government. Currently inflation rate is 31.70% and projected to reach 35% before end of June.

In all of these, Tinubu-led APC government is about to pull the lever on electricity subsidy.

Omo! Wetin dey come ahead pass wetin una dey see presently o.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Proserpina: 8:08am On Apr 03

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:09am On Apr 03
Dangote is selling at #1225...

When marketers add their markup, and stations add theirs, we fit reach #1,350

All the hullabaloo, and na just 100 naira difference come out.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 8:12am On Apr 03
izzou:

Na cement you dey talk?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:18am On Apr 03
CrystalTiger:

Na cement you dey talk?

Nope

AGO
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 8:38am On Apr 03
AdisaOwala:
I thought this thread was for Known Footie - oriented monikers in the sports section...

Seems outsiders have taken over with unnecessary stories and arguments wey we no even know the Root cause

Smh
The thing sef dey surprise me...

It is gradually turning to feminists battle ground.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:46am On Apr 03
CrystalTiger:

Na cement you dey talk?

For some reason I thought the same thing. Was trying to remember the price of cement
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:51am On Apr 03
izzou:

I was going to post the same thing. And that 1225 is if you buy above 1m litres. The price is between 1225-1300.

They have kuku always maintained that the refinery will not reduce price.

We will see what happens when he starts selling petrol. Either the government will pay him subsidy or they tell us price will reduce as more refineries come on board due to competition cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:52am On Apr 03
BlueRayDick:

It's about to go down. Pulling the lever on the electricity subsidy is another disaster waiting to happen.

All of these, please do not lose track of the fact that the daily trust news piece mentioned it that in 2015 when APC as a party took over leadership, the exchange rate used to determine electricity tariff was N198.97 and within 5 years it was N441.78. The inflation rate jumped from 8.3% in 2015 to 12% in 2020 and 16.97 under same APC government. Currently inflation rate is 31.70% and projected to reach 35% before end of June.

In all of these, Tinubu-led APC government is about to pull the lever on electricity subsidy.

I'm still using that 30k I loaded in July, time to load another 50k.

At least, I enjoy the subsidy another two years. And if they don't remove subsidy, the units are still there to be used.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 8:54am On Apr 03
BlueRayDick:

Something has to give.
With the resumption of $ pegging, there's only so much subsidy they can pay before we become insolvent.
They'd play a game of hot potatoes with the different subsidies until something cracks or they maneuver their way to 2026.

The truly despicable development is dragging their feet on wage increase.
It's beyond scandalous now.

With that said, electricity subsidy has to go.
A country of 220m people wheeling a measly 4GW has no business paying electricity subsidy.
We can't clear gas debt of $1B, but we're to pay $2B per year on subsidy.
And unlike gasoline subsidy, they can actually stagger the removal and push the cost disproportionately to the upper class.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:57am On Apr 03
Itsrm:

I was going to post the same thing. And that 1225 is if you buy above 1m litres. The price is between 1225-1300.

They have kuku always maintained that the refinery will not reduce price.

We will see what happens when he starts selling petrol. Either the government will pay him subsidy or they tell us price will reduce as more refineries come on board due to competition cheesy

grin grin grin

These people won't cease to amaze us.

I hope when marketers find a way to import it cheaper, these people won't ban importation of fuel.

Because of what use is this refinery to us now?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) ... (4632) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: DeadPresidents and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.