Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1491056 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4538) (4539) (4540) (4541) (4542) (4543) (4544) ... (4697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:10pm On Apr 06
GrammarNazi1:

If she truly loved Akeredolu, she would not remarry so soon.

Or she loves him so much and want more and more of the Akeredolu juice

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 10:20pm On Apr 06
raumdeuter:

Or she loves him so much and want more and more of the Akeredolu juice
And if this one dies, she moves on to another brother-in-law?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by emmaodet: 10:26pm On Apr 06
LordAdam16:

You are far more certain than the Israelis taking unprecedented precautions.

-Lord

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 10:32pm On Apr 06
izzou:

Formidable what??

grin grin grin

That was how Kwankwaso was formidable, till he got a paltry 1 million.

Abeg abeg.

Elrufai fit pull like 600k from the whole Nigeria.

Pleeeaaaasssseee

That Kwankwanso performance last year still dey make me laugh. My guy only carried KanođŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 10:36pm On Apr 06
Roland17:

Formidable? How? El-Rufai doesn’t have the pull to secure bloc votes from the North. The educated voters in the South will dump Obi the moment he aligns with El-Rufai.

APC will feast on a ticket like this, easy re-election.
💯💯
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 11:46pm On Apr 06
obainojazz:
Shey you Dey whine me
I know say na culture oo.. but nothing you wan tell me say these 2 no dey knack when akeredolu dey sick or alive
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 11:47pm On Apr 06
GrammarNazi1:

Dem dey tell una say women only loyal to their feelings.. you think 💬 say na whining

How about her grown kids, what's their rake and reactions
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:09am On Apr 07
raumdeuter:

izzou e be like say the news real o

I believe the woman has interest in continuing with Ondo politics and wants some form of legitimacy
How will the younger bros original wife feel

I don't even know what to think of this Akeredolu brother sef.

What is this, abeg
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:59am On Apr 07
PDPGuy:
Would be a formidable ticket on paper. But in reality, I don’t see this combo coming to fruition

guy, like what are you smoking? seriously?

the youth who see peter obi as a messiah hate el rufai

and el rufai himself is not a politician - he is an administrator - he does not know how to play the political game. competent administration is not going to carry you far in nigeria

he did not learn anything from his days in the political wilderness post OBJ

If he did, he would have guarded his public utterances and put his son and family in check for same. Hate seyi Tinubu as much as you want, but the guy does not go about picking fights on SM.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 4:27am On Apr 07
LordAdam16:

You are far more certain than the Israelis taking unprecedented precautions.

-Lord

Up till now, Israel has not deny or accept responsibility of the bombing of Iran Embassy in Damascus.

In life, anything that is possible can happen. So taking precautions is necessary and normal.

See countries like Finland and Sweden joining NATO. Is possible Russia might attack them one day, so they joined NATO to protect themselves against any Russia aggression.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 10:17am On Apr 07
Plus all the hundreds and thousands of people who died in various religious riots up North during Obasanjo's reign.

I will commend PDP especially under Obasanjo for leaving a strong economy while APC gets the nod for infrastructure.

raumdeuter:

What state of the nation? Shey na election wey no get results, assassination or the Odi/Zaki Biam

Abi na executive sponsoring impeachment of governors or governors going to Okija shrine
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 12:44pm On Apr 07
obainojazz:
Shey you Dey whine me

raumdeuter:

izzou e be like say the news real o

I believe the woman has interest in continuing with Ondo politics and wants some form of legitimacy
How will the younger bros original wife feel

GrammarNazi1:

To be very clear, Betty isn’t married to Prof. Wole Akeredolu or any Akeredolu outside of her late husband Rotimi.

Make una calm down and ask questions about things you are trying unsure about.

The occasion being isn’t a marriage, it is not even “nkuchi” sef. It is called Mgbafu Mkpe..

Ask questions before making conclusive statements about people, especially derogatory statements.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 12:50pm On Apr 07
Roland17:

To be very clear, Betty isn’t married to Prof. Wole Akeredolu or any Akeredolu outside of her late husband Rotimi.

The occasion being isn’t a marriage, it is not even “nkuchi” sef. It is called Mgbafu Mkpe..

Ask questions before making conclusive statements about people, especially derogatory statements.

Before I saw your comment, I had eventually seen what the custom is.

Mind you, initially, there was no information about what actual practice was carried out.

Thank you for your understanding.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07
Roland17:

Did Betty marry an Igbo man, that they are doing Mgbafu Mkpe?

Abi Ondo people no get tradition?

If a Yoruba lady marries an Igbo man, and he dies, can her family come back and do any tradition outside that of her late bethroded husband?

The statement clarified that the rituals were customary for the wife of a deceased person in the Igbo culture, and that during the ceremony, Mrs Anyanwu-Akeredolu was handed over to Prof Wole Akeredolu as per tradition.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 1:14pm On Apr 07
izzou:

If a Yoruba lady marries an Igbo man, and he dies, can her family come back and do any tradition outside that of her late bethroded husband?

Co ask?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 1:25pm On Apr 07
monerozi5590:

Up till now, Israel has not deny or accept responsibility of the bombing of Iran Embassy in Damascus.

In life, anything that is possible can happen. So taking precautions is necessary and normal.

See countries like Finland and Sweden joining NATO. Is possible Russia might attack them one day, so they joined NATO to protect themselves against any Russia aggression.

Till date, Israel has not confirmed or denied possession of a nuclear weapon.
The US has already informed Iran that Israel did it.
And that the US had nothing to do with the reckless strike.

If there was any doubt, of all of Iran's enemies, Israeli is the only one spoofing GPS signals and closing embassies.
The horrifying part is that Israel has created so many ugly precedents that Iran has a range of options to retaliate.
From assassinating dual-citizen Israelis on foreign soil to striking Israel directly with no regard for collateral damage.

There is an Israeli embassy in Abuja.
Air Defense is near nonexistent in Nigeria.
Imagine the danger that Israel's horrible decision has placed on innocents in and around that location; including Nigerian consular employees.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:33pm On Apr 07
LordAdam16:

Till date, Israel has not confirmed or denied possession of a nuclear weapon.
The US has already informed Iran that Israel did it.
And that the US had nothing to do with the reckless strike.

If there was any doubt, of all of Iran's enemies, Israeli is the only one spoofing GPS signals and closing embassies.
The horrifying part is that Israel has created so many ugly precedents that Iran has a range of options to retaliate.
From assassinating dual-citizen Israelis on foreign soil to striking Israel directly with no regard for collateral damage.

There is an Israeli embassy in Abuja.
Air Defense is near nonexistent in Nigeria.
Imagine the danger that Israel's horrible decision has placed on innocents in and around that location; including Nigerian consular employees.

-Lord

Enemies of isreal have been attacking isrealis on foreign soil long before the events of Gaza and it's fallout

Munich 1972 as an example

And they have never had any qualms about collateral damage. All those plane hijacks in the 70s and 80s.

Infact the subsidy we talk about has its roots in another action against isreal, the 1973 opec crisis

All these have been happening and will continue to happen.

And we already have Iran's proxies on ground - the shittes. Which is why there has never been any western condemnation of shitte massacres.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chidekings(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07
izzou:

being igbo....ur not supposed to ask this question...do you travel home at all?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07
chidekings:
being igbo....ur not supposed to ask this question...do you travel home at all?

No, i don't.

Just explain how the woman's culture is overriding the man's culture when the dowry has been paid.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07
GrammarNazi1:

Before I saw your comment, I had eventually seen what the custom is.

Mind you, initially, there was no information about what actual practice was carried out.

Thank you for your understanding.

The responsibility of verifying any news you consume is primarily yours, especially if you are going to spread such as gospel and hold a strong position about it.

You eventually saw the custom and realized you had misrepresented the event, it is then incumbent on you to retract your earlier statement/ position before being prompted by a quote.

Respectfully!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 3:42pm On Apr 07
izzou:

Can you admit at least that the picture and event been sensationalized is misrepresented? Can you admit that Betty is not married to Prof. Wole Akeredolu?

If the Akeredolus say they want Betty to remain in the family band have no problem with the custom then there is no issue.

Also, if you are unaware, there are traditional rites in Igbo land that are still done in a woman’s compound after her passing or the passing of her husband. Not every event or traditional rite occurs in the husband’s house.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07
Roland17:

Can you admit at least that the picture and event been sensationalized is misrepresented? Can you admit that Betty is not married to Prof. Wole Akeredolu?

If the Akeredolus say they want Betty to remain in the family band have no problem with the custom then there is no issue.

Also, if you are unaware, there are traditional rites in Igbo land that are still done in a woman’s compound after her passing or the passing of her husband. Not every event or traditional rite occurs in the husband’s house.

Sadly, there is no where we can see the Akeredolus saying they wanted Betty back..

And yes, you are right. There are traditions that covers a woman after she is married, but what Betty and the younger brother did is at the discretion of the Husband’s family. It is THEIR WIFE. She married into the Akeredolu family, so why is her family handing her to another Akeredolu.

I am here to learn, not argue

And yes, i admit that the picture circulating was misrepresented
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07
izzou:

Sadly, there is no where we can see the Akeredolus saying they wanted Betty back..

And yes, you are right. There are traditions that covers a woman after she is married, but what Betty and the younger brother did is at the discretion of the Husband’s family. It is THEIR WIFE. She married into the Akeredolu family, so why is her family handing her to another Akeredolu.

I am here to learn, not argue

And yes, i admit that the picture circulating was misrepresented

After the passing of Rotimi, Prof. Wole Akeredolu is now the oldest male Akeredolu alive, subsequently, the patriarch of the Akeredolus (I stand corrected). Consequently, it is only right to hand over Betty to him as the eldest of the Akeredolus during the rite.

To your second question, see the attached.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:52pm On Apr 07
https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/s/s7czKvh8RZ

Of the world 2781 billionaires only 19 are black and they are almost solely entertainers đŸ˜¶
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:09pm On Apr 07
Roland17:

After the passing of Rotimi, Prof. Wole Akeredolu is now the oldest male Akeredolu alive, subsequently, the patriarch of the Akeredolus (I stand corrected). Consequently, it is only right to hand over Betty to him as the eldest of the Akeredolus during the rite.

To your second question, see the attached.

.....thanks for the clarification and I strongly respect our traditions. However if I may, for learning sake, ask a question sir. Is it necessary to re-hand her over to Akeredolu family?!

She is married to the family and definitely part of the family for life already. I am just curious to know why its necessary to perform the rite, but I still maintain my respect for all traditions regardless.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:22pm On Apr 07
https://www.nairaland.com/8054124/governor-sanwo-olus-daughter-modupe-oreoluwa#129310735

Politics aside

All politicians always come through for each other.

Apc
Apga
PDP
Lp

All parties came.

Learn to also separate politics from your normal life
Don't make enemies because those you fight for will not do same for you.

For those who have decided to be winded by politicians into a frenzy of hatred.

It is all a game to them and you are pawns
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07
Tuesday and Wednesday public holiday.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:32pm On Apr 07
larride:

But Monday is not confirmed for end of sallah. It may still end on Tuesday
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:06pm On Apr 07
larride:

grin

....Ojo should have consulted Sultan and co, coz this Ramadan will be 30 days. Perhaps Nigerians gonna enjoy 3 days public holiday.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:23pm On Apr 07
OasisX:

.....thanks for the clarification and I strongly respect our traditions. However if I may, for learning sake, ask a question sir. Is it necessary to re-hand her over to Akeredolu family?!

She is married to the family and definitely part of the family for life already. I am just curious to know why its necessary to perform the rite, but I still maintain my respect for all traditions regardless.

As you are aware, many aspects of our traditional/ cultural rites precede me and you. Many aspects of our tradition have been watered down, eroded or are not as strong as they used to be. Many are also difficult to explain but it doesn’t mean they are not present/ practiced.

I will use bride price as an example. The idea of paying bride price in Igbo land has come under intense scrutiny recently. Instead of eradicating it, some communities have tried to put guard rails but do you think it has worked? No
30-40 years from now, paying bride price may no longer be a requirement but that doesn’t mean if someone decides to pay it that he has erred.

I think people are caught up in the word “hand over” like it is a marital rite. According to the kindred, it is a rite of theirs and to be honest, I am quite familiar with it. The Akeredolus did not contest or say otherwise, they went ahead and did it after the rite had been explained to them. If the Akeredolus argued otherwise and said they were not interested in such, Betty can’t force them, nothing would have happened. This isn’t a case of being compelled.

All that was done is to ensure in-laws of a widow in that kindred assume responsibility of her well-being and care and since Prof Wole is the oldest male in family, he represented the family. Betty was the wife of a Governor, financially, she is good. She is educated and has a career. The traditional rite that was done that day wasn’t instituted because of Betty and Betty isn’t the first widow to have that rite done.

At the end of the day, it is important to correct the misrepresentation of facts and that Prof. Wole did not marry Betty.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:35pm On Apr 07
Roland17:

As you are aware, many aspects of our traditional/ cultural rites precede me and you. Many aspects of our tradition have been watered down, eroded or are not as strong as they used to be. Many are also difficult to explain but it doesn’t mean they are not present/ practiced.

I will use bride price as an example. The idea of paying bride price in Igbo land has come under intense scrutiny recently. Instead of eradicating it, some communities have tried to put guard rails but do you think it has worked? No
30-40 years from now, paying bride price may no longer be a requirement but that doesn’t mean if someone decides to pay it that he has erred.

I think people are caught up in the word “hand over” like it is a marital rite. According to the kindred, it is a rite of theirs and to be honest, I am quite familiar with it. The Akeredolus did not contest or say otherwise, they went ahead and did it after the rite had been explained to them. If the Akeredolus argued otherwise and said they were not interested in such, Betty can’t force them, nothing would have happened. This isn’t a case of being compelled.

All that was done is to ensure in-laws of a widow in that kindred assume responsibility of her well-being and care and since Prof Wole is the oldest male in family, he represented the family. Betty was the wife of a Governor, financially, she is good. She is educated and has a career. The traditional rite that was done that day wasn’t instituted because of Betty and Betty isn’t the first widow to have that rite done.

At the end of the day, it is important to correct the misrepresentation of facts and that Prof. Wole did not marry Betty.

....thank you chief. Everything you said is apt sir. Still gonna request my Isiagu o, its on my mind. grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 7:43pm On Apr 07
This Jade Cargill is damn impressive. Night 1 was woo, hopefully night 2 follows suit. Drew and Cody for the win.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4538) (4539) (4540) (4541) (4542) (4543) (4544) ... (4697) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Amigoss and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.