Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1532351 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (4771) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2022
JUST IN: Fed Govt to provide funding for the connection of Itakpe to Abuja by rail as part of the Warri-Abuja Railway Project. In 1987, IBB conceptualised the 326km Warri-Itakpe Railway ,and Buhari completed it in 2020.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 9:09am On Nov 08, 2022
izzou:
U-16 Basketball

USA vs El Salvador

grin grin
This is day light robbery
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:10am On Nov 08, 2022
sod09:

This is day light robbery

Na the girl for front dey make me laugh.

Imagine going into a game with no confidence.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 9:11am On Nov 08, 2022
izzou:

Na the girl for front dey make me laugh.

Imagine going into a game with no confidence.
grin grin
She's like are we playing the right game

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2022
nihilistjnr:

I need you to read what you wrote again.
All Yoruba kings trace their ancestry to a first mythical King who they believe literally slid down a chain from heaven like some prehistoric Lil Nas X. grin

The difference in legal systems between North and South today is that the Lugard refused to directly intervene in the affairs of the North unlike the what he instituted in the South.

For example, the Nigerian Criminal Code we use today to prosecute Criminals down south was introduced by this same Lord Lugard, and our Legal System is based on English Common Law.

You're not wrong in your assessment of their culture amd norms up there. However I think you failed to account for Lugard's very deliberate decision not to dasi oro awon Hausa as a matter of colonial policy, which is why Sharia law made it into in our Constitution at Independence.

Baba, Yoruba's despite having kings "selected" by the oracle have council of chiefs who are empowered to depose the king if they believe he's not serving the interest of the people. They have powerful chiefs who even waged war against sitting kings (Bashorun Gaa waged war agsinst a sitting Alaafin and pushed him to suicide sef) This is what is obtainable in Yoruba land prior to the colonialists' coming.

Lugard saw the legal system in the 3 major regions and tried to force indirect system on all but it didn't succeed as he had planned. That's why u see Yorubas fighting agbekoya war shortly after independence. People listen to their kings, but won't hesitate to protest anything they feel is against them

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Baba, Yoruba's despite having kings "selected" by the oracle have council of chiefs who are empowered to depose the king if they believe he's not serving the interest of the people. They have powerful chiefs who even waged war against sitting kings (Bashorun Gaa waged war agsinst a sitting Alaafin and pushed him to suicide sef) This is what is obtainable in Yoruba land prior to the colonialists' coming.

Lugard saw the legal system in the 3 major regions and tried to force indirect system on all but it didn't succeed as he had planned. That's why u see Yorubas fighting agbekoya war shortly after independence. People listen to their kings, but won't hesitate to protest anything they feel is against them
You made me remember oba of lagoon grin grin
No northern man can disrespect oba like that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2022
sod09:

You made me remember oba of lagoon grin grin
No northern man can disrespect oba like that

Akiolu the askari king. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2022
easy to knock science, but all religious books only speak about the 'origins' of contemporary civilised man. somehow homo erectus, homo habilis , neanderthals are all absent from any holy book. as are dinosaurs and other fossils. if only one religion had CLEARLY and unambiguously discussed these phenomena - that would be incontrovertible evidence of all knowing, omnipotent creator.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2022
izzou:
U-16 Basketball

USA vs El Salvador

grin grin

wealth and privilege vs poverty and struggle in a nutshell

right down to the real nike vs fake nike
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 9:42am On Nov 08, 2022
GloriousGbola:
easy to knock science, but all religious books only speak about the 'origins' of contemporary civilised man. somehow homo erectus, homo habilis , neanderthals are all absent from any holy book. as are dinosaurs and other fossils. if only one religion had CLEARLY and unambiguously discussed these phenomena - that would be incontrovertible evidence of all knowing, omnipotent creator.

One of the combatants is supporting a specific religion. The other is peddling pseudoscience. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7422296/hushpuppi-sentenced-11-years-us

Dem don knack Hushpuppi 11 years after washing toilet in prison and promising restitution.

seankafor what's ur take on this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:56am On Nov 08, 2022
afrodoc2:

One of the combatants is supporting a specific religion. The other is peddling pseudoscience. grin
Can you point the pseudoscience in my posts. Is it pangea that's pseudoscientific or the published papers about the existence of a universe predating ours or the fact Earth came from earlier celestial/extraterrestrial bodies predating the planet or the well-known theory that states we're all made some elements from stars?

Which of them? Lols. This comment is a such disgrace.

You can be based in a developed country and still know very little about scientific theories and discoveries.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2022
Better to keep quiet and be assumed a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2022
grin

Pseudoscientist

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2022
afrodoc2:
grin

Pseudoscientist
Lols. The quack doctor can't point out the pseudoscience in my posts and resorted to name-calling.

That's the MO of mischievous, obtuse people grin type first and think later, that's if they can even think at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Gboy1026: 10:14am On Nov 08, 2022
izzou:
U-16 Basketball

USA vs El Salvador

grin grin
Which kind ojoro be this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:16am On Nov 08, 2022
A001:

Lols. The quack doctor can't point out the pseudoscience in my posts and resorted to name-calling.

That's the MO of mischievous, obtuse people grin type first and think later, that's if they can even think at all.

grin

Pseudoscientist
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2022
A scientifically illiterate person parading as a doctor, lols.

Even if you don't know zilch about Astrophysics or Geology, you can easily check Google before making a fool of yourself in public by calling common knowledge in these scientific fields pseudoscience.

But when mischief has beclouded a person's intellect, they would post foolishly instead of first learning what they don't know.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2022
afrodoc2:

grin

I'm a quack native doctor who can't make my points intelligently
Fixed, Nairaland's one and only quack doctor grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2022
A001:

Fixed, Nairaland's one and only quack doctor grin

grin

Pseudoscientist

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:23am On Nov 08, 2022
I told him to point out the pseudoscience in my posts, but he can't and instead resorted to calling me names.

This is how you know an expert in quackery.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2022
Wahala no too much.

Otem be praised grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2022
afrodoc2:

grin

Pseudoscientist
Point out the pseudoscience in my posts. If you can't, you've only succeeded in making a fool of yourself in public.

A person with a smartphone is calling pangea, accretion (the concept I stated earlier about how Earth came into being) pseudoscience? In the 21st century?

Lols, this is such a big disgrace!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 10:28am On Nov 08, 2022
BlueRayDick:
https://www.nairaland.com/7422296/hushpuppi-sentenced-11-years-us

Dem don knack Hushpuppi 11 years after washing toilet in prison and promising restitution.

seankafor what's ur take on this?
make Dem free the guy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PtolemySoter: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2022
Science teaches us that Pangea broke up through continental rifting because of plate tectonic forces and molten magma fissuring.

Pseudocience teaches idi.otic things like Atum, Orunmila, Allah, Yahweh, Zeus came together to start digging the land and dividing Pangea up like family plots.

The continental plates are still drifting today. Are Orunmila and Atum still digging?

grin

What a pseudoscientist.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2022
larride:
Wahala no too much.

Otem be praised grin
Lols, keep praising a guy like yourself. Folly no dey end. You wan move from worshipping a past being you call God to worshipping a present being, both of which are human

Lols
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2022
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PtolemySoter: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2022
larride:
Wahala no too much.

Otem be praised grin

He has to be praised. Do you know what is to dig up continents and then push them far apart over thousands of miles. Orunmila get muscle no be small. Atum na Ancient Mighty Igor.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2022
seankafor:
make Dem free the guy

Just imagine!!!! Make them free criminal wey defraud millions from people. Man wey steal people sweat. Don't worry, your own comeuppance is coming. Keep defrauding innocent victims. The arc of the universe is long but it bends towards justice.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:38am On Nov 08, 2022
PtolemySoter:
Science teaches us that Pangea broke up through continental rifting because of plate tectonic forces and molten magma fissuring.

Pseudocience teaches idi.otic things like Atum, Orunmila, Allah, Yahweh, Zeus came together to start digging the land and dividing Pangea up like family plots.

The continental plates are still drifting today. Are Orunmila and Atum still digging?

grin

What a pseudoscientist.
You've moved to your alternate.

So you even know pangea existed. Lols, as scientists and Otem say in his book.

He don finally Google am. Ignorant mofo.

I clearly stated the existence of the supercontinent called pangea is an established scientific fact, which Otem also gave a story about in his book.

But I never said the breaking of the continent into parts as narrated by Otem is an established scientific fact.

Until his story about the breaking of pangea is proven scientifically, it remains a claim.

An intelligent person would have deduced this point from my posts, but such isn't expected from a quack doctor, a disgrace to the noble profession of medicine.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 10:39am On Nov 08, 2022
A001:
I told him to point out the pseudoscience in my posts, but he can't and instead resorted to calling me names.

This is how you know an expert in quackery.

I've always said that you yourself now practice a religion where otem can be likened to your deity or "messenger O the religion".

Anyways for the sake of intellectual curiosity, I would like to read this book and see what the fuss really is all about. What's the name and where can it be gotten? If not for anything, for the fact that we now align politically. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:39am On Nov 08, 2022
Mention one pseudoscientific point in my posts; he's posting nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (4771) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: nihilistjnr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.