Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1532589 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (4772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
nihilistjnr:

That's the level o.

I wonder how these clowns think Politicians 'steal' money in Nigeria. Maybe they expect Governor to wear balaclava and carry gun to State Treasury.

Tinubu takes govt money invest in Alpha Beta and gives govt some returns - He is a thief
Obi takes govt money invests in his company and he gives them some returns - He is an angel investor

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Investing state money in private business where u are a shareholder is no different from u setting up a company as governor, awarding government contract to that company and they execute it.

They are both wrong.

A State government invested in a business and A separate Family invested in that same business.
Where is the "conflict of interest"?
Was it the state money that was invested through his family or was he the one investing for family

He invested money to make more money, not in his family business or doing business involving his family. Two independent entities (state on its own and family on their own) investing in a separate entity. where's conflict

HE INVESTED STATE MONEY INDEPENDENTLY likewise OTHERS INCLUDING HIS FAMILY. Conflict of interest is only applicable to doing BUSINESS OR CONTRACT.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
How does he intend to do this...

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
"His company" where his family owns only 7.5%stake grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
nihilistjnr:

It's not the same pattern at all. I live in UK, we voted to leave Europe a few years ago.
Scotland is agitating for another vote to leave the UK.

Since 1991 there have been like 20 new countries created in Europe. It's in our front that Russia is trying to re-annex Ukraine and they are resisting violently

Every other country in the world dey answer their papa name. It is only in Nigeria that actually consists of 200+ different countries forced together by literally a General Manager of a literal Trading Company that literally used guns to enforce a literal Inventory Tag that some fools will be claiming Detribalised and shouting One Nijeriya..

This was not the meaning i was looking at it from, but i understand what you're saying
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2022
Theflint1:
Nihilist is making his argument based off the literal meaning of a tribalist and not the contextual usage of the word as used by

I understand now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
patrickmuf:
You are running in circles...

Investing government money into a company you have a stake in is what again?

How does a man who made a fortune importing goods into the country claims he wants to move the country's economy from that of consumption to production and you are clapping...Lol

All countries import. All. No country is self-reliant. The problem is, Nigeria imports more consumables than it produces. A trade deficit like that would always spell doom. And balancing the trade deficit by producing more than we consume is what Peter Obi is saying.

He began by investing into a production company as governor.

It's completely legal.

---

Let me give you an example.

Champion Breweries in Akwa Ibom is fronted as the "state beer" just like the Life beer in the East. In reality, the it's a PPP (public -private partnership) and the Akwa Ibom State Government owns 10 percent. Successive governments have benefited from it. I did a research for a brand about this 2 years ago.

This you would find if you google this minute as the annual financial report is published.

It is not illegal. Completely above board. You could say conflict of interests and we have to specify what interests are adversely affected.

The problem is if the state gets cheated out of the profit or accrued value.

-----

It's completely different from AlphaBeta financial report which the LASG has no interest in but Tinubu controls. The profit isn't in the LASG's name.

But Champion Breweries profits get allotted to the Akwa Ibom State Government too. Peter Obi's alleged investment was in Anambra people's name.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
DeadPresidents:
I wouldn't put too much stock in Raumdeuter's genocidal/xenophobic comments made earlier. Anyone on NL circa 2010, 2011 & 2012 knew tribalistic convos were like inter-house sports.

You had Dayokanu, Desola, and some other staunch Yoruba tribalists vs the Igbo tribalists. Both sides wrote unprintable stuff. I just laughed as I read them because I knew that was not how the real world works.

Pretty sure Dayokanu's favorite ex was an Igbo babe sef grin

There was one other guy, I think his moniker is Bluetooth.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Omo...them plenty that year. I even remember Sagamite. I'm not sure he's still on NL sef.

The quality of posts on NL grew worse with time. Na only Sport section I dey read these days and some select sections with topics that don't make the front page
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tataffo:
"His company" where his family owns only 7.5%stake grin cheesy
E shock you grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
izzou:

I pity your shirt this afternoon

Dem go tear am now now

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tataffo:

A State government invested in a business and A separate Family invested in that same business.
Where is the "conflict of interest"?
Was it the state money that was invested through his family or was he the one investing for family

He invested money to make more money, not in his family business or doing business involving his family. Two independent entities (state on its own and family on their own) investing in a separate entity. where's conflict

HE INVESTED STATE MONEY INDEPENDENTLY likewise OTHERS INCLUDING HIS FAMILY. Conflict of interest is only applicable to doing BUSINESS OR CONTRACT.

I hope this explanation will suffice for any other politician not named Peter Obi.

I wish u read the case file of Dapo Apara vs Alpha Beta / Tinubu because that is exactly what we flay Tinubu for.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
As them no get many agendas against Peter obi unlike their principal with many baggages,they keep saying the same thing whether it will stick,we're here to thrash it cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
DeadPresidents:

Omo...them plenty that year. I even remember Sagamite. I'm not sure he's still on NL sef.

The quality of posts on NL grew worse with time. Na only Sport section I dey read these days and some select sections with topics that don't make the front page

That sagamite can cusss!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2022
DeadPresidents:
I wouldn't put too much stock in Raumdeuter's genocidal/xenophobic comments made earlier. Anyone on NL circa 2010, 2011 & 2012 knew tribalistic convos were like inter-house sports.

You had Dayokanu, Desola, and some other staunch Yoruba tribalists vs the Igbo tribalists. Both sides wrote unprintable stuff. I just laughed as I read them because I knew that was not how the real world works.

Pretty sure Dayokanu's favorite ex was an Igbo babe sef grin
Yes na that is why majority didn't put mouth in the guy bush baby cry
Those brestar and chestar are egbon exes

I actually blame seun for the tribal wars, not only did he allowed it he loved and embrace that shit

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I hope this explanation will suffice for any other politician not named Peter Obi.

I wish u read the case file of Dapo Apara vs Alpha Beta / Tinubu because that is exactly what we flay Tinubu for.

Why not...

I've not read the case file and is it similar to this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
Ellexy:
E shock you grin

Walahi cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
BlueRayDick:

There was a time in FP before you read 3 posts you will see head miners afonja with meme or flat headers developers
The tribal wars were so severe and free for all
So many bad stereotype names
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
But how can some intelligent people be defending this administration and wants a continuation?

undecided

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
sod09:

There was a time in FP before you read 3 posts you will see head miners afonja with meme or flat headers developers

That shit got me tired of reading FP topics that time.

I just go to the sports section where moniker like bjmighty, javalove, mikuz, dammiecool ( They usually call him Dammy-foool grin), lala, eldee, 04ka etc battle it out amongst themselves. Especially when they do their Modenine vs Rugged man wahala

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2022
Yea, in cases like this, the conflict of interest has to be proven, including investigating his following due process before investing the state's money in the brewery company. But like Donjazet said, in a country where we have governors involved in all sorts of horrible thefts, if Peter Obi's crime is making money for the state without following due process, he deserves to be knighted! grin
DissTroy:

All countries import. All. No country is self-reliant. The problem is, Nigeria imports more consumables than it produces. A trade deficit like that would always spell doom. And balancing the trade deficit by producing more than we consume is what Peter Obi is saying.

He began by investing into a production company as governor.

It's completely legal.

---

Let me give you an example.

Champion Breweries in Akwa Ibom is fronted as the "state beer" just like the Life beer in the East. In reality, the it's a PPP (public -private partnership) and the Akwa Ibom State Government owns 10 percent. Successive governments have benefited from it. I did a research for a brand about this 2 years ago.

This you would find if you google this minute as the annual financial report is published.

It is not illegal. Completely above board. You could say conflict of interests and we have to specify what interests are adversely affected.

The problem is, if the state gets cheated out of the profit or accrued value.

-----

It's completely different from AlphaBeta financial report which the LASG has no interest in but Tinubu controls. The profit isn't in the LASG's name.

But Champion Breweries profits get allotted to the Akwa Ibom State Government too. Peter Obi's alleged investment was in Anambra people's name.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Gboy1026: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2022
GloriousGbola:

This here

these days unless i am seriously triggered and even then too, i sometimes find my self making the post, looking at it, deleting it and moving on.

same reason why there are some poster here i have learnt to ignore because nothing is going to come out of engaging them
And what comes out of engaging u? In ur mind u think u are intelligent
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
Court nullified PDP primaries in Zamfara

PDP wont be filing any candidate in Zamfara for the 2023 election.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
larride:
Court nullified PDP primaries in Zamfara

PDP wont be filing any candidate in Zamfara for the 2023 election.

I saw that. That is looking like Tinubu will win Zamfara based on that cos no one to even do the ground work for PDP
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2022
Theflint1:
Yea, in cases like this, the conflict of interest has to be proven, including investigating his following due process before investing the state's money in the brewery company. But like Donjazet said, in a country where we have governors involved in all sorts of horrible thefts, if Peter Obi's crime is making money for the state without following due process, he deserves to be knighted! grin

No, he deserves to be the freaking king who knights others.

Most of us did our due diligence before routing for Peter Obi. Even in 2019 (I quoted the comment here) I rated him far above the 1999- 2007 Governors of Akwa Ibom and Cross River based only on transparency. And the Governor of Akwa Ibom then is one of the most transparent leaders Nigeria has ever had yet I rate Peter Obi over him based on that transparency index.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

The way people mean this election you will see turnout unlike before. You can take the day off work to vote

Just remember vote red top to bottom

75% of my votes went to the Republican party this time, I no get time for nonsense angry angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2022
All these justifications I'm seeing for one calling other human beings severely unprintable names is mind boggling.

If you step into a wrestling ring of mad men then you are a mad man and should be disgraced as such.
Raumdeuter was not only a participant of the madness but a ring leader! Get this! He goes around from thread to thread, section to section hunting and looking for people he will rile up and engage in a battle of ugliness and hate.

Many of us here have been on this forum for 10 years and above and we did not go about calling other people cannibals or formenting hate and war mongering across the internet.

My account is 10 years old, do you see me calling people cannibals? ibimes account is 17 years old, do you see him calling people inferior human beings? Afrodoc nko, and the rest.

There are Soo many old accounts here who witnessed all those things but did not let it change the moral fibre of their being.

Where is it ever okay to call your fellow human being a murderer and a cannibal, to advocate for genocide, to say people with certain blood should be wiped out the surface of an area or advocating for a group to be sent to Labor camps??

This individual said the very worst of things and even when the moderators banned their accounts, they went and opened multiple accounts to continue from where they stopped and are right now using some of the alternate accounts to defend himself and some people are allowing themselves get roped into that nonsense excuse?

We are all civilized here, I don't think we should allow ourselves be put in a position where we have to defend barbarity.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

Tinubu takes govt money invest in Alpha Beta and gives govt some returns - He is a thief
Obi takes govt money invests in his company and he gives them some returns - He is an angel investor

Controlling stake and 7.5% stake different na

Lol,when efcc came to shine their eagle eyes on the matter,why did he settle out of court grin...

If you lots think Peter obi is guilt with that,make Una petition efcc and icpc na not doing like obalende underbridge newspaper stand analyst

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
sod09:

Sadly, Seun has used extreme/ dangerous tribalism to sell this website, I talk am with my full chest and It has not even stopped.

There was an obvious shift from what was an acceptable sense of pride in one's tribe to what is irrational and dangerous tribal sentiments.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
Roland17:

75% of my votes went to the Republican party this time, I no get time for nonsense angry angry

Washere you are doing well in Macaroni voice
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2022
For those asking what Lagos looked like before Tinubu in 1999

This documentary shed light on it with images

From 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iITYw9bwotY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sagamite(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
DeadPresidents:

I am not yet dead.

Monikulapo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (4772) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, DeadPresidents, GloriousGbola, Itsrm(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.