Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,824 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1573330 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (4841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Scrubs pics from post history

I disagree.

For the reason that Qatar chose to bid and host the show. There have been over scores of sports festivals held over the globe over the last century and anyone bidding for a sports festival knows what comes with it.

Nobody was desperately looking for a host. Countries are the ones looking to host the games

Sports tourists are typically well Heeled and from liberal economies. Successful athletes are colourful and often scandalous characters.

None of this is is hidden knowledge

Dubai is looking to the future and have decided tourism is the future. They are gradually phasing out Islamic law because you can only really enforce that on migrant workers who want your money
Tourists, whose money you want, will simply go elsewhere.

It's like saying I want to host Woodstock and I don't want weed.

This goes beyond gays. Qatar is an autocratic theocracy.

Even slightly ironic as Arab men have strong bro vibes, holding hands, hugging and all that

The other day I saw a video of Qatari security harassing a journalist who had been issued a pass.

You want to watch football without beer? Without saucy female fans? With restrictions on taking pictures?

Football is a western invention and it comes with western vices

The onus was on FIFA not to award the hosting rights to Qatar. Qatar did not contract Danny Ocean and his boys to carry out a high level heist and snatch the hosting rights from FIFA HQ.

You can't expect a country to change its laws for a sporting event. When FIFA was awarding it to Qatar i am sure their brain was not leaking oil, and they knew that Qatar was autocratic.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

nervously Scrubs pics of micro gbola and pot belly and 20inch crt from post history

Bruh abeg o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
800. Nihilist was here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2022

I invite you to my house to play game
I already explain to you that footwear are drop at the entrance, you argue you are not use to it
You either agree to my terms or stay in your house
How hard can that be

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Bruh abeg o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do you have any incriminating pics on me? I want to buy them back. One love. cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

Both of una

But currently, Obidients are leading in possession

grin

That's all bruh.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

He was absolutely right.

The US men's national team did something that I found particularly irritating, by using the rainbow colour scheme on their badge in Qatar, after the Qatari's said they don't want any gay PDA. In their country

Qatar is a Muslim country. Islam permits polygamy. The US won't allow Qataris in the US to marry more than one wife because Bigamy is there is a criminal offence.

There is a huge deal of hypocrisy coming from Western nations at this point in time. Fam, just shut up, play your football and go back to your country in 28 days
Full stop. The hypocrisy is just too much e dey vex me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

Do you have any incriminating pics on me? I want to buy them back. One love. cry

Docki I use God beg you. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am not the Gestapo embarassed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

I agree with your views on western vices and sports tourism.

But I also assert that every country should have the rights to set their own laws.

That's why I gave the example of polygamy. Did the USA legalise polygamy for well heeled Qatari Muslim visitors to any sports event there?

So why should Qatar be forced to accept something that is fundamentally alien to their culture?

Israel, their middle Eastern neighbour that shares significant cultural elements in Qatar took the step of advising all Israeli visitors to Qatar to downplay their Jewish Heritage for the duration of the world cup

Their house, their rules bro.

They definitely have the right to set their laws.

I am just trying to make sense out of it

The whole thing has unforced error vibes.

The whole idea of hosting a sports festival is an expensive way to showcase your country and maybe make money from tourists.

If I were a well Heeled football fan, I no go near the place. Athletes will, because Las Las they only get the opportunity every four years and careers can be made and also broken during these four weeks.

So why should Qatar be forced to accept something that is fundamentally alien to their culture?

Football is alien to Arab culture. It is alien to Islam. In fact a hardcore non hypocritical theocracy should actually outrightly reject this sport, this distraction, this meaningless diversion invented by infidels that will distract the true beleiver from his purpose this earth, complete submission to the will of Allah.

The talk about gays is really just pushing the wedge in. Most people hate gays so they go along. Their house, their rules. So when they start enforcing the other rules, it is already too late. Alcohol has already entered chat. In some countries religious police will harass you if you are moving around during prayer time. Forget arms length from chicks - you are literally segregated from them.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2022
We are here
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

The onus was on FIFA not to award the hosting rights to Qatar. Qatar did not contract Danny Ocean and his boys to carry out a high level heist and snatch the hosting rights from FIFA HQ.

You can't expect a country to change its laws for a sporting event. When FIFA was awarding it to Qatar i am sure their brain was not leaking oil, and they knew that Qatar was autocratic.

Blatter is expressing regret.

Seems the Qataris may have out-corrupted blatter

Show me the money!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Havertz10: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Culture started existing when man evolved social (especially communication) skills. For example, without a language (one of the elements of culture), you can't interact with others.

And without social interactions, the society, as we know it, breaks down, and our existence will be in jeopardy.

That's why Aristotle said, "man is a social animal." No one can survive in isolation.

You need the elements of culture, which are language, norms, values, customs, and beliefs (religion), to socialize and relate with other people.

And yes, culture is a social construct. All things we humans use are one form of construct or the other, including the religion that Nigerians cherish the most.

There's no man without a culture. Have you seen one?
You don’t need a cultural identity to socialize, you can socialize with anybody irrespective of their culture freely, you both choose to speak in pointless languages because you simply don’t want the other person to understand, so much for socialization
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

Na the summary of everything be this, FIFA goofed by giving the hosting rights to Qatar. I'm sure there are moderate Muslim nations that FIFA could have encouraged to bid for the hosting but Qatar waived money to them, and we're having to subject an event associated with basic liberalism to the extreme culture of the Qatari.

Fans spend 3 to 8 years preparing for the world cup and the entire ambience that comes with the event, so it's not enough to say it's just 28 days and the fans should be able to cope, it's 28 days that fans have spent years preparing for.

Despite knowing the sort of things that come with it, Qatar decided to bid for the world cup, because it gives them the opportunity for some weird power play. Everybody already knows Qatar for its ways, so what we're now having is the burden of tolerance being placed on fans from more liberal societies, after all it's just 28 days, accept their way of life, bla bla bla.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibukzy: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2022
Team Argentina all the way
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2022
Football is alien to Islam and the Arab culture. Traditionally and fundamentally, it's haram (unlawful) in the religion, and many Islamic scholars preach against Muslims engaging in it.

Even many erudite scholars in Saudi, the home of Islam, criticize their country's participation in it.

I believe Qatar is the erring party here.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
I was here, live and direct!
By page 1500. Obi would have become president and commander in chief of the federal armed forces and the republic 9f Nigeria.
Peter Obi, carry us dey go.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
Havertz10:
You don’t need a cultural identity to socialize, you can socialize with anybody irrespective of their culture freely, you both choose to speak in pointless languages because you simply don’t want the other person to understand, so much for socialization

How do you socialize or interact with others without a means of communication? Can you share this opinion of yours without a language?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2022
Fvck it!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
Donjazet2:
I was here, live and direct!
By page 1500. Obi would have become president and commander in chief of the federal armed forces and the republic 9f Nigeria.
Peter Obi, carry us dey go.

I know say I dey owe you money, I go eventually pay the gbese, but this your dream try dead am...lol

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

Lol... One love indeed cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
Theflint1:

Na the summary of everything be this, FIFA goofed by giving the hosting rights to Qatar. I'm sure there are moderate Muslim nations that FIFA could have encouraged to bid for the hosting but Qatar waived money to them, and we're having to subject an event associated with basic liberalism to the extreme culture of the Qatari.

Fans spend 3 to 8 years preparing for the world cup and the entire ambience that comes with the event, so it's not enough to say it's just 28 days and the fans should be able to cope, it's 28 days that fans have spent years preparing for.

Despite knowing the sort of things that come with it, Qatar decided to bid for the world cup, because it gives them the opportunity for some weird power play. Everybody already knows Qatar for its ways, so what we're now having is the burden of tolerance being placed on fans from more liberal societies, after all it's just 28 days, accept their way of life, bla bla bla.
After the FIFA scandal stuff
It was reviewed England won the 2018 WC right but Russia bought it normally Putin is a dictator which ruled Russia out but somehow they won it
While 2022 is fór USA but again Qatar bought it, America are sore losers it was after they lost they decided to open FIFA yansh and exposed them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
800??
Just making sure say my comment nor end up for 801.. cheesy grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:
Football is alien to Islam and the Arab culture. Traditionally and fundamentally, it's haram (unlawful) in the religion, and many Islamic scholars preach against Muslims engaging in it.

Even many erudite scholars in Saudi, the home of Islam, criticize their country's participation in it.

I believe Qatar is the erring party here.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2022
diggz:

Lol... One love indeed cheesy

cheesy

In the words of the elegant stallion, "one love keep us together."

One has to pipe low in this era of Wikileaks and pictorial evidence. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Havertz10: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
Theflint1:
Culture is the way of life of a people. There has and will always be culture; culture evolves, and some faster than others. Your believing you don't need a "cultural construct" to dictate the way you live your life is a culture in itself, one you share with those that hold similar belief.
Way of life indeed, we humans like to think of ourselves as unique but If you look at humans broadly, we are very predictable. A society should be built to optimize our brief experience on earth and build a better future for generations to come, if something should randomly happen to our star for instance, we wouldn’t know for 9mins, and we would be here arguing over pointless concepts, all of humanity and all our history gone forever, we are very vulnerable and insignificant, we should be looking for ways to make our species interplanetary, instead you are promoting division in the name of pointless identity, societies shouldn’t be built on concepts created by our clueless forefathers, so many peoples’ happiness has been taken away because one is Hausa and the other Igbo, so much division built into the fabric of the society, all for what?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

cheesy

I want to see what afrodoc2 really looks like jare. grin

And where he actually lives

Nigga could be living in the aussie outback hanging with natives sharing cave with wombats and funnel web spiders cheesy

Let me go and read on how to instigate eternal beef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2022
Anyways we can defend the Qatari rights to do their own thing, but abeg no one should go and see expression of theocracy in action. Unless you are going as a worker and you already know exactly what's up.

Abike no get energy for Arab dictators. And our passport is not rated.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

cheesy

Lol wink
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
800 shocked,o porrrr cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

He was absolutely right.

The US men's national team did something that I found particularly irritating, by using the rainbow colour scheme on their badge in Qatar, after the Qatari's said they don't want any gay PDA. In their country

Qatar is a Muslim country. Islam permits polygamy. The US won't allow Qataris in the US to marry more than one wife because Bigamy is there is a criminal offence.

There is a huge deal of hypocrisy coming from Western nations at this point in time. Fam, just shut up, play your football and go back to your country in 28 days

If you want to hang Qatar for using slave labor and still practicing slavery then I am for that any other thing I am seeing it as the arrogance of some nations and culture thinking some nation and culture do not deserve to host a WORLD cup because of whatever

They are shouting that Qatar bribed when every host nation has been bribing to get hosting rights I remember how France chanced Morroco to host France 98. Even talks of the world cup interrupting their domestic season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I want to see what afrodoc2 really looks like jare. grin

And where he actually lives

Nigga could be living in the aussie outback hanging with natives sharing cave with wombats and funnel web spiders cheesy

Let me go and read on how to instigate eternal beef

Guy! Funnel-web spider ain't no joke.

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (4841) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.