Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari (25488 Views)

Polls: Anti-tinubu Protesters Ground Abuja, Demand Interim Govt, Fresh Polls / Protesters Call For Interim Govt, Want INEC Chairman Arrested / Protest Rocks Lagos Over Obasanjo's Alleged Plan To Install Interim Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2022
The Founder, Household of God Church International Ministries, Pastor Chris Okotie, on Sunday, signified his intention to head an interim government that should in place immediately after the current regime headed by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Okotie also proposed scrapping of National and State Assemblies as well as political offices saying that the presidential system currently being run in the country, has brought a lot of pains than gains to Nigerians especially the masses.

He disclosed this in his church, located at Oregun, Lagos, in commemoration of his 63rd birthday.

According to the musician turned pastor, various political parties in the country have failed in their programmes , instead, impoverished Nigerians due to their unfavourable party structures. He said, “some political parties were formed by rich men for selfish purposes so that they can impoverish the masses and that is why the prices of nomination forms have gone beyond the reach of a common man ,” said the cleric.

He called on the flag bearers of the political parties to divert the energy used in securing the party’s ticket, towards supporting the interim government he aspires to lead so that the true picture of democracy can be achieved.

The cleric said killings, maimings, corruption and kidnappings are gaining momentum in the country. “my message to Abubakar Atiku is to ensure peaceful atmosphere so that we can tackle the challenges facing the nation. Remember, Nigeria has been good to you and it is time you pay back.

“To Bola Ahmed Tinubu, you have shown your strength at the primaries but I want you to divert it towards emancipation of the masses by supporting the interim government for the sake of our people.

“To Peter Obi, I know you are a trader, kindly use your expertise to build the nation’s economy. The existing system is faulty and that is why I am asking you to support an interim govt that will heal the wounds of our people,” he said.

If given the opportunity to head an interim government, Okotie said he will scrap all political offices and empower professional associations, “some professional associations like National Teacher’s Association NTA, Nigerian Medical Association NMA, and Nigerian Bar Association NBA, have been in existence before the existing political parties and it will do well to tap from their knowledge rather than committing professional affairs into the hands of minister’s and commissioners, “

As for the National and State Assemblies, Okotie suggested that these be scrapped as they are being used to surp the nation’s economy adding that such offices should be voluntarily occupied, “the expenses that the National and State Assemblies are gulping, are enough to build a nation..Let us scrap them and divert the fund to meaningful projects.

“We don’t need political parties to govern Nigeria, let us change from presidential to federalism government or state autonomy.

“The Constitution that was handed over to us by foreigners is not working, so,

Nigerians should begin a conversation that will lead to an interim government immediately after Buhari’s regime. ” He added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/okotie-at-63-i-wish-to-head-interim-govt/

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Fira09(m): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm pastor again!

If he can make Nigeria a better country,then his free to take a chance ,Abi?

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by sweetonugbu: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2022
Okotie and his craving to become the president throu apiam way, where is fresh party?.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by robinso01(m): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2022
Many things are easier said than done. You can become the interim govt and later become something else.power intoxicates easily.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Omicron007: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2022
grin grin

Where is Fresh Party?
Okotie should face his church and leave politics alone.
One Vice President who doubles as a pastor headed the worst economic team in Nigeria.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Lumig: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2022
cheesy
There's not going to be any interim government again in Nigeria, therefore seek another way to be the president

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2022
Do we still have Fresh Democratic Party founded by Pastor Chris ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Marvieduke(f): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2022
I wonder what is deceiving this man. He should just face his church, because no sensible human will believe in the jargon he just spitted out.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by KingSatan: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2022
A confused Charlatan.

They are frustrated and seeking avenues to reconfigure the minds of enlightened Nigerians.

The Mbaka and Tunde Bakare treatment was a major shift in Nigeria's Religio-Political sphere where rascals on cassock are reduced to thrash including their failed prophecies.

I hear from God.

If I be a man of God.

All lies!

Indeed, the voice of the people is the voice of God.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by AnambraPrince: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2022
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Dauraking: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2022
Now you dey wish. God no dey talk to you again? Wayo Jerry curl pastor cum failed husband.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Handsum64: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
Mumu man
Gullibles are ever present
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Karrima: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
This one wants to use backdoor to enter presidency. If you want to rule, you know what to do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
As for the National and State Assemblies, Okotie suggested that these be scrapped as they are being used to surp the nation’s economy adding that such offices should be voluntarily occupied, “the expenses that the National and State Assemblies are gulping, are enough to build a nation..Let us scrap them and divert the fund to meaningful projects.

“We don’t need political parties to govern Nigeria, let us change from presidential to federalism government or state autonomy.
SECONDED.
Unfortunately, this is what the wicked and looting leaders gave to our nascent democracy since 1999.

bigGBOLA:
Idiots like This bastard makes me see your god or Allah as idiots

You talking about a man of God this way?!
A man that has done nothing to you in life.
Calling someone's father an idiot and bastard for no reason?
Like seriously?

The only thing he did wrong to you to warrant all these insults and abuses was that he asked for a better country for us all and do away with all these politicians.

This realy shows how you were brought up and the way you address your people at home.... prolly with bicycle kicks every morning.

Internet has turned some of you into something else in life.
You believe you can just use your palasa phone to come online yarning dust, cursing people anyhow.
Even people old enough to be your parents!!

No worries, U go meet ur own for front............if time and chance permit you.

Speaklove:

I honour your wisdom .
May you live long to continue to impact this generation.
Amen in Jesus Mighty Name.
God bless you for your kind words.
We will keep impacting them with the truth and nothing but the truth.

We thank God for giving your parents a King like you.
Stay Blessed.
almarthins:

It is shame we now have mannerless children everywhere. They have no respect for God, man and even themselves. He just insulted someones father like that.
It's just so sad.

bigGBOLA:

Do you know the psychological , emotional and health damage those your useless so-called men of god have done to nigerians and Africans? No all me tell the useless god to punish u o
You want to tell a God you claim doesn't exist to punish somebody?
We can now see this is not normal.
We pray may God deliver and heal you.
We pray he have mercy on your Soul.
bigGBOLA, JESUS LOVES YOU n ur gbola (whatever that means), so do we. kiss

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by SuyaSeller: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
bigGBOLA:
Idiots like This bastard makes me see your god or Allah as idiots

Some of you are alive today because of your parents prayers... without God, you're absolutely nothing. Freedom of speech dey, but no forget say no be you create your brain... dey try use the brain still! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by DamnnNiggarr: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
shocked
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by naijaguy1234(m): 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Lurdmax10: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
How true is the saying that He that cannot manage a wife/home, cannot manage a Nation ?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Omicron007: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2022
post=113974324:
Reading

Trashy epistle loading.

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by TimmyTen(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2022
I will take Okotie serious when he becomes Nigeria President as he prophesied

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Arysexy(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Kolo mental

Another Bakare.

God told me I am the next president

Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Lmao. This man no dey tire? Make e pack well.

This man has been contesting for Nigeria's presidency since I was a child grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Emilokan2023: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2022
This man still dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by SEGLIZ: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2022
something must be wrong with this man. in as much as he has good propose that interim government is like proposing for a state of anarchy.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Laggafin: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Hmn
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by SirLakes: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Seun is the chief APC e-rat on this forum.

What a shame..... Dem dey cook am on twitter grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by VillageHead: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2022
It would be nice!

But

In this jungle, na FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE TENSE!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by MMWandali: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2022
He should focus on his ministry

Leading Nigeria is out of his reach
A Serial contender

Something could be wrong with him
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari by Skillsnigeria: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Jada, His Hometown In Adamawa State (Video, Pictures) / NDDC: Pondei, Others Spent N5bn As Medical Allowances – Senate Report / Clark To FG: Withdraw Naming Of Rail Stations After Jonathan, Awolowo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.