Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. (439 Views)

What The Hausa People Like About The Igbos (Video) / Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / "I Like The Way Buhari Fights Corruption" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2022
Everyday we criticize nairaland for different reasons....from the layout of the website to the political views of the owner. But somehow most folks still come back here everyday to have conversations and share their views, Infact it's already a habit.....this shows that nairaland has certain unique positive attributes.

For me personally what I like about nairaland is that unlike twitter; mob opinions don't hold sway here and there aren't any social media influenzas to manipulate public opinion and control the narrative. I've been on nairaland for 3years and am just 22years old, to an extent I can say nairaland has given me political education and helped me understand the intricacies of the tribal Nigerian society of which I was once very Ignorant about. I also commend the owner for not selling out to the government and making this site a platform were yorubas, igbos, hausas and other ethnic groups can share their opinions freely.

What do you like about nairaland?

Mynd44 lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by Nerogaming01(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2022
Kpla kpla kpla (Applause)

Most thread on here makes a whole Lotta sense than Facebook posts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 10:47am On Jun 20, 2022
NL is good because we can safely speak the truth to both the ethnic and religious fanatics.

Without that safe distance, riots and lynching go be normal thing in places like northern Nijeriya and Congo Judea where they hate to hear the bitter truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by JimiJunji: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2022
Op, nairaland isn't all about politics section you know, come to Agric section and see men discussing money making agric businesses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by Coolsperm: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2022
Yoruba Muslims are running riot here, but we Yoruba Christian's are now awake, imagine muric even told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's and now Tinubu wants to try Muslim Muslim ticket, God will punish any body that support it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by BSdetective: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2022
JimiJunji:
Op, nairaland isn't all about politics section you know, come to Agric section and see men discussing money making agric businesses.

Lol....the e-farmers who want to plant 1000 pepper plants on a plot of land and make 300k monthly grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by DeLaRue: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2022
I like that it is democratic. Every one is free to post. It is not elitist.

You get to see diverse views, some intelligent, some not, some polite, some not. Some threads and comments are so bad they're shocking. But you're free to choose what to read and believe.

I'm not on twitter, never been on Facebook, and haven't read a newspaper for several years.

All thanks to Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by Crixxx: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2022
Me too. I never knew what tribalism and ethnic hate was until I joined this place. Before now I no send other tribes as I thought we were all one but nairaland taught me what it all was and now I reciprocate and give back what it taught.
Wonder why they keep banning when it's all allowed and promoted here. Dishing out The truth, hate and pain is so sweet especially when you are being mentioned by wailing afonja skullminers who are pained, frustrated and depressed by the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by DeAdvokate(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2022
I always laugh out loud while reading comments....crazy fellas here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by johnkey: 11:36am On Jun 20, 2022
I hate their useless mods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by abdulskulboy(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2022
This Nairaland forum is full of educated folks. Rational and irrational comments; some can easily make your day while some can ruin them.

It's a place where you will ask question and get genuine and funny answers instantly. It's also a market place where you can buy and sell. I can remember selling my laptop through this forum at the midst of COVID-19 lockdown.

I have been in this forum since 2013. The moderators are good in differenciating fact from fiction. Before moving any news to the front page, they make sure it's from a reliable source or genuine individual.

Furthermore, one unique thing I like about this forum is that arrogant, educated illiterates don't find it interesting; they hesitate even if you recommended it to them. It's also a place for peaceful contemplation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of Few Things I Like About Nairaland. by meobizy(f): 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
If not for the diary section I for don ball out since. This place is below my level.

(1) (Reply)

Proud Flag Bearer Of The Apc------gambari / Meet Hopeful Binani's running mate, read his Intimidating CV / Deploy Prayers To Combat Insecurity, COAS Faruk Yahaya Tells Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.