Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,033 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills (993 Views)

Hit And Run Driver But Later Arrested Refused To Foot My Hospital Bills / N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by WildFire01: 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
I got to the hospital on this day with serious abdominal pain. I couldn’t deal with the pain honestly so I needed to get checked. At the Subol hospital in Egbeda, they diagnosed me with appendicitis and told me I had to take my appendix out.

I was lying on the hospital bed in pain thinking about how to pay N500,000 for the procedure. I hate when I have to pay money that I didn’t previously plan for and I was so upset. With the way this economy is, having to cough out that kind of money just like that was a problem for me

Anyway, I was talking to my wife about it while I was at the hospital and she rushed over from her shop. Both of us put our heads together and we were able to come up with some money but it wasn’t nearly enough and time was going. Omo, at this point I started begging the people at the hospital but they said there was nothing they could do, I had to come up with the money.

Then my wife remembered she had recently registered on Carepay. She walked up to the hospital staff and asked them if they were also registered with Carepay and thankfully they were. Honestly, at this point, I didn’t understand what that meant. I was in too much pain.

Apparently, because my wife had registered on Carepay, we could get discounts at the hospital. It sounded like a joke at first because I didn’t understand but it was real. I didn’t have insurance but I didn’t need it because my wife had registered for the family plan on Carepay. When I asked her how much she had to pay to register, she just laughed. You won’t believe that it’s just N4,800. Even me, I was in shock.

Anyway, with the discount, the price of my bill came down drastically. The hospital had a 20% discount so I was able to save N100,000 just like that. The process was easy too and pretty straightforward. We paid and I got the surgery done, I was even able to keep some money for myself. The whole thing was just a big surprise but I’m grateful for my wife. Without her, who knows what would have happened in that hospital.

Now that I'm better, I ask every pharmacy and hospital I go to if they're registered with Carepay before I pay. Any discount I can see is good for me right now. In fact, I have a pharmacy I now only go to because they are registered with Carepay. I get my discounts every single time. I also love the fact that there’s no minimum spend to get the discount. Even when I want to just buy quick drugs for headaches or body pains, I get a discount. Sweet

Checked their website https://healthcare.carepay.com and realized that individuals can register for just N2,400 and the service is available nationwide. Right now, in Nigeria, there are over 300 hospitals, pharmacies, and clinics signed up so I’ve gotten my guys around the country on. For families, it’s 4,800 like I found out earlier so I’ve made sure my brother and his wife are registered too. God keep us all

1 Like

Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by VeryWickedMan: 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
OP go straight to the point

2 Likes

Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by AClef7: 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Very insightful... Never knew an healthcare product could be this simple and affordable
Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by chii8(f): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
#500,000 for appendix operation at Egbeda shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by mardis: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Your main aim of advertising carepay is achieved. Clap for yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by Thelifeoftimi: 8:35am On Jun 21, 2022
This is really amazing. Hospital bills made easier.
Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by doggedfighter(f): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
This your format gan grin
Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by TheSeeker16: 10:08am On Jun 22, 2022
Interesting sturvs
Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by lilioj: 11:06am On Jun 22, 2022
doggedfighter:
This your format gan grin
The format worked Sha because I was halfway into the story before I realized it was an ad grin

1 Like

Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by doggedfighter(f): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
lilioj:

The format worked Sha because I was halfway into the story before I realized it was an ad

Same with me grin grin
Re: How My Wife Helped Me Save Up To N100,000 On My Hospital Bills by marsh77: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
Interesting read! Lol..

(1) (Reply)

Funishing The House For Her Husband? / Who Are The Most Important People In Your Life? / Getting A Divorce - It Is Really Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.