Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After (55393 Views)

IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea / CNN Apologises For Spreading Israeli Fake News On 40 Babies Beheading / Sicilian Mafia: Matteo Denaro Dies At 61 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by djon78(m): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5sKxXtGhtc

SOURCE

Patrice lumumba was Africas greatest Marty

What the Belgians did to Congo will never ever be forgotten

Rest on Marty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Russia and China too have their own interests, there are no good nations

And now, since you have brought UFO and other theories in...good evening.

It all leads to the GREAT RESET.

Yep good evening.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Tellwhat: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
babaolofin:

MKO Abiola knew about all the atrocities committed against Africans and Blacks in Diaspora.

He started a project which was so dear to him to get the developed world acknowledge their atrocities against Africa and Blacks in Diaspora. The project received acknowledgements from OAU ( now AU) and all African countries with submissions and representations to UN.

It was while the advocacy was gaining momentum that he entered politics and later died.

Since then, no African has ever made such demand.

MKO Abiola was number one in Africa. That is one of the reasons the bittered tribe never wanted anybody to become a colossus and a man of no easy means again from MKO kindred.
Wow..I'm not aware about this. He was truly loved during his time and for what the nation stands to benefit from his potential leadership before the unfortunate events that followed

Also what do you mean by the bittered tribe?
By any means are you referring to Igbos and insinuating they don't want any Yoruba man to become a colossus

Or are you referring to the tribe of his killers

Would be nice if you could explain

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by djon78(m): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
DropsMic:
He was betrayed by his own countryman at the behest of Belgium...

A very dense race that's incapable of setting greed and selfishness aside for the betterment of their continent..

2022 in Nigeria we are still shouting up Nepa
2022 we still don't have good roads
2022 we still don't have a functional refinery
2022 we are still battling with illiteracy
2022 we still don't have a good heath system
2022 we still don't have water
2022 ASUU still dey go on strike.
2022 people are still selling 8 years of their lives for 5k

I'm tired.. Really tired.

Sometimes I ask myself.. is it that God hates us? Why are we so dense? Why are we incapable of patriotism?? Is blackness a curse? Why are we so different from other races??

Very deep question

And the whole saga is still on till today across Africa

Nigeria being the chief culprit

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Judolisco(m): 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
Oyiboman69:
Who told you they've left africa to rest?
who told you they haven't? The question is have we left ourselves to rest...na Dem talk say make we no build schools, good hospitals, or roads?
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by tillaman(m): 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
tamdun:

Leopold killed more than 15 million Africans, I keep saying it, Europe is the problem of the world, they went all over the world and created chaos, from India, to China, Africa, America etc, they even killed jesus
I don’t see why we conform to a society that hates us Africans, it’s more like there Europeans don’t even feel sorry for all they did and they are still doing pretty much
Destabilizing govts arming civilians against govts just to keep them busy
While they are busy killing one another they are carting away with their minerals

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
The west really eliminate any Africa hero who tried to change the lies they been telling us for years. So we will remain slaves for life.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by anonimi: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
oz4real83:
America, Europe, Japan and some other countries in the world have committed so many atrocities against other humans, be it in Africa, Asia and other parts of the world without listening to the voice of reasoning. This is what Russia is standing on, Russia feels that if these countries didn't listen to the voice of reasoning but still went ahead to commit all those atrocities, then Russia feel they also have a right to do whatever pleases them by attacking Ukraine even when the whole world oppose the action.

Do you mean that Russia didn’t commit atrocities?
Have you been living under a rock

3 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by anonimi: 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fira09:
OMG! Belgium WTF , after 61 years They still remembered to return his tooth to his country (congo), This is funny Sha.

Though his people betrayed him.

Well said boss.

If there are no internal enemies/informers, external forces are powerless.

3 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by anonimi: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Realists:
The evils these christians crusaders did against humanity,

……. is far less than that of the Jihadists against humanity

3 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by anonimi: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
meobizy:
Does this mean America will eventually apologize for the slavery of Africans sometime in the next five hundred years? Here’s to hoping it will come to pass.

After Africans have apologised to the descendants of the slaves we captured and sold to Arabs and whites?
Or before we apologise first

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Etinosa1234: 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
olas24u:

Russia has never colonised any African country or fought for its resources.russia does not attack countries but defend itself from future agression.Get your fact right.

Get ur history right... The reason they didn't colonise Africa was because they were having a failing economy and couldn't cover the costs of colonialism...

Otherwise why do u think that someone that has the largest empire in Europe and Asia didn't want to colonise Africa because they like blacks.. cheesy

Learn history

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Etinosa1234: 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
olas24u:

I am looking at issues from the African perspective , neocolonialism and colonialism itself affected we Africans till today .Russia has just beating sanctions which should tell you that resource rich countries are actually rich .We are victims of colonization ,in our socio,economic and political lives .During the berlin conference,Russia was not on the table with them.

Lmaooo.. What a lie cheesy cheesy

I can see u really hate USA.. But that doesn't mean u should lie...

Russia was part of the countries that attended the Berlin conference
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by olas24u(f): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Yes they were invited ,but did not participate.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by olas24u(f): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Rivalry between Great Britain and France led Bismarck to intervene, and in late 1884 he called a meeting of European powers in Berlin. In the subsequent meetings, Great Britain, France, Germany, Portugal, and King Leopold II negotiated their claims to African territory, which were then formalized and mapped.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Tellwhat: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

So by your analogy, Japan gets a pass for its atrocities because...they did not persectue Africa?

Maybe Hitler too gets a pass...he did not go after Africa.

Good evening. There are no good nations. Only permanent interests.
Yeah. And despite alleged intentions

Hitler is not a bad man to Africans despite western hype

King Leopold was a bigger evil than Hitler

Africans shouldn't even concern themselves with Hitler nor the likes of Stalin

It's the west than did so much evils and commited atrocities in Africa

And today the continent is still under the bondage of Britain, France especially and the likes of Belgium etc
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tellwhat:

Yeah. And despite alleged intentions

Hitler is not a bad man to Africans despite western hype

King Leopold was a bigger evil than Hitler

Africans shouldn't even concern themselves with Hitler nor the likes of Stalin

It's the west than did so much evils and commited atrocities in Africa

And today the continent is still under the bondage of Britain, France especially and the likes of Belgium etc

So in other words some evil people get a pass in your world.

As for me, evil os evil. Whether us, uk, France, japan, russia, Germany, china, etc etc

Even me.

Good een

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by maak400: 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pansophist, I quite agree with you that the west ensured that Africa remains stagnant and poor. What I do find hard to understand is why our leaders themselves choose to be corrupt and embezzle our common wealth.

Nigeria is a peculiar case. Tinubu, Atiku, and other politicians loots the nation's money with reckless abandon, is it the west that instructed these our thieving leaders to be stealing Nigeria's money for themselves and their families? Is it the US, UK and other western countries that told our politicians not to build good roads, hospitals and provide constant electricity? Just curious bro
pansophist:
The atrocities these western nations have done to Africans, I doubt whether God that forgives all sins will be able to forgive them. Besides, this is a cheap apology, it has no weight. How about helping ex colonies grow and become wealthy? How about giving them the Ukraine treatment?

Ukraine was not colonised, but they have received nothing less than seventy billions usd in few months since Russia invaded it, with more assistance still to come. Right now accross Europe, Ukrainians are basically angels. Just with a ukrainian ID, every Europeans countries gave them free transport, housing, accommodation, monthly stipend, residence permit and job.

Sanctions was rained on Russia, their oil boycotted, with media backlash from all corners. Just imagine the western rage on the invasion of Ukraine in months, but Africa and in this case, Congo is one of the poorest country on earth, they were brutalised, enslaved colonised, robbed and dehumanised for centuries, but all you got are apologies not the Ukraine treatment at least.

And some zombies on this forum, some human scum defends the west like its their fatherland. These idiots are so stupid to know that the reason africa is so poor is that they've set the foundation for such. Their destiny today and in the future to come have been drafted by the scummiest white trash starting from the berlin conference in 1893 when they partitioned africa like a slice of pizza.

I seek solace in the fact that the era of western unilateralism has ended, and with the Russia/China duo (a multilateral world with more than one super power), a new era where all the global population can breath and live with dignity has been kickstarted. This century and the next will be a very tough one, brace yourself. It will get more worse than this until it becomes better.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Tellwhat: 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

So in other words some evil people get a pass in your world.

As for me, evil os evil. Whether us, uk, France, japan, russia, Germany, china, etc etc

Even me.

Good een
He doesn't necessarily get a pass

What I'm saying is that when the west talk about bad people in history they don't about the likes of king Leopold know those leaders during the colonial era who pushed for more slavery and exploiting Africa

Most Caucasians know Hitler but very few have ever heard of king Leopold and yet almost all Africans know Hitler. Same Hitler that didn't commit a single crime in Africa nor against Africans

If you're talking about the real evil to us then the Britain's are number one and the queen of England or whatever top leadership is also complacent. Then there's the evil France and demonic Belgium etc
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Bruno3000(m): 8:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
I concur
BKayy:

This one said "time for black man to rule"
Rule wetin?

Oga blacks are still under slavery, just that most of them can't see it.
"There is no independence if your working language is the language of another"

My dear, there is no free black country in this world. What we have is slaves that can't see their chains.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Yoighaman(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
BKayy:

This one said "time for black man to rule"
Rule wetin?

Oga blacks are still under slavery, just that most of them can't see it.
"There is no independence if your working language is the language of another"

My dear, there is no free black country in this world. What we have is slaves that can't see their chains.

It is easy to teach or learn in your own language when there is uniformity. In the UK, they all speak English, in France, they all speak French....makes it easy, if we were to teach in our language, what language will be used in Nigeria, with over 300 languages? Asking each region to use their language would mean you cannot go to school outside your region, unless you first learn the language.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by zoedew: 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Commendable! Great to have Belgians see DRC as second home and vice-versa! Congratulations!
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by SaturnNick(m): 8:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
DropsMic:
He was betrayed by his own countryman at the behest of Belgium...

A very dense race that's incapable of setting greed and selfishness aside for the betterment of their continent..

2022 in Nigeria we are still shouting up Nepa
2022 we still don't have good roads
2022 we still don't have a functional refinery
2022 we are still battling with illiteracy
2022 we still don't have a good heath system
2022 we still don't have water
2022 ASUU still dey go on strike.
2022 people are still selling 8 years of their lives for 5k

I'm tired.. Really tired.

Sometimes I ask myself.. is it that God hates us? Why are we so dense? Why are we incapable of patriotism?? Is blackness a curse? Why are we so different from other races??
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Yoighaman(m): 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
pansophist:

Japan was the worse.

Think of the most inhumane thing you can do to a human being, I mean, pure brutality. Japan did its especially to the Chinese that's why China hates them. Japan is the number one enemy of China.

Bury civilians alive? Japan did that. Killing sport? To see who can behead as much people as possible in a day? Japan did that. To remove your organs while youre alive and see how long it will take for you to die? Japan didn that.

To remove the unborn child of a pregnant woman, perform surgery without anastasia, and remove your blood and inserting animal blood to see how the human body will react? The Japanese did that. The Japanese were so brutal that made Hitler looks like an angel.

You see why these westerners don't want other regions to develop, because they know its judgement day. The strong determines the rules and when African or the third world becomes stronger, they will pay for their sins. In life please be strong, or else you'll be the meal to others.

This is why I wonder what kind of leaders Africa has. How can you have such shameful history behind you and you're still corrupt? You can't afford to because corruption makes you weak. Improve your country, be strong, just like China and Russia, and no one will mess with you.

Wow, never knew Japan was this brutal.

Nice post, your words are real food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by ACE1010: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fira09:
OMG! Belgium WTF , after 61 years They still remembered to return his tooth to his country (congo), This is funny Sha.

Africa leaders are greedy, useless and gullible undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by nedu2000(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
fergie001:
The Belgian Officer, Gerard Soete (now late) who supervised the body been dismembered and dissolved in Sulphuric acid, took the tooth as a "trophy".

He is pictured with his brother, who also partook in the process.

Gerard Soete is pictured right!
in the end everyone dies, it is the legacy that outlives, Lumumba's is greater than this murderer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by pansophist(m): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Yoighaman:

Wow, never knew Japan was this brutal.

Nice post, your words are real food for thought.

Google the "Nanjing massacre".

Watch documentaries about it on YouTube, or just check images on Google. But only go search it out if you have the stomach to withstand the suffering and humiliation the Chinese people endured. This is why in China, there is a thing called the "century of humiliation 百年國恥", and it's taught in school for it never to repeat itself again.

Meanwhile, Africans passes through over four hundred years of shame, humiliation, slavery, black babies been fed to crocodiles as bait, been lynched openly and white school children getting vacation to check it out, human zoos scattered all over Europe for people to come watch us like animals, and yet, stupid leaders keep embezzling, and won't confront the shameful history that is before us.

Anyways back to the Japapese. If you ever feel sorry for them that the US dumped two atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nazagaki, bear in mind their brutality to the fellow Asians and how until this very day, they refuse to apologise for it instead, allied with the west to still be a pain on China's neck especially with Taiwan. They fear the judgement day, but time is on the side of the oppressed.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Etinosa1234: 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
olas24u:

Yes they were invited ,but did not participate.

Oga.. They didn't participate because they couldn't cover the funds as their economy was bad...

From they were not at the table to they were invited but grin...

Check out their economy as at the late 19th century and stop mincing words for a white man that doesn't give a f for u grin
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Yoighaman(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
pansophist:

Google the "Nanjing massacre".

Watch documentaries about it on YouTube, or just check images on Google. But only go search it out if you have the stomach to withstand the suffering and humiliation the Chinese people endured. This is why in China, there is a thing called the "century of humiliation 百年國恥", and it's taught in school for it never to repeat itself again.

Meanwhile, Africans passes through over four hundred years of shame, humiliation, slavery, black babies been fed to crocodiles as bait, been lynched openly and white school children getting vacation to check it out, human zoos scattered all over Europe for people to come watch us like animals, and yet, stupid leaders keep embezzling, and won't confront the shameful history that is before us.

Anyways back to the Japapese. If you ever feel sorry for them that the US dumped two atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nazagaki, bear in mind their brutality to the fellow Asians and how until this very day, they refuse to apologise for it instead, allied with the west to still be a pain on China's neck especially with Taiwan. They fear the judgement day, but time is on the side of the oppressed.

I definitely will read and learn more about all these.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Etinosa1234: 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
olas24u:

Rivalry between Great Britain and France led Bismarck to intervene, and in late 1884 he called a meeting of European powers in Berlin. In the subsequent meetings, Great Britain, France, Germany, Portugal, and King Leopold II negotiated their claims to African territory, which were then formalized and mapped.

Lmaoo.. So Russian just came to watch because they didn't have struggles at home..

Right?? grin
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by godofuck231: 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
Since the birth of the Christian religion, the white man has formed an excuse for his inhumanity to the black man
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Etinosa1234: 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2022
Yoighaman:

It is easy to teach or learn in your own language when there is uniformity. In the UK, they all speak English, in France, they all speak French....makes it easy, if we were to teach in our language, what language will be used in Nigeria, with over 300 languages? Asking each region to use their language would mean you cannot go to school outside your region, unless you first learn the language.

Thank u bro... I wanted to say that also...

With a united country like Nigeria, there's no tribe that will allow another indigenous language to be their lingual franca

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stephen Paddock: Profile Of Las Vegas Gunman Who Killed 59 People / China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) / Russian & Ukrainian Politicians Fight During Summit In Turkey (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.