Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration (15554 Views)

2023: Court Okays Suit Seeking Tinubu Trial Over Alleged Perjury / 2023: Court Asked To Bar APC From Replacing Masari As Tinubu’s VP / Court Stops INEC From Issuing Certificate Of Return In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
garfield1:

Nigerians love last minute rush.extending or stopping registration is simply at the behest of inec. The court is on a frolic
E pain you!!! Tinubu should save more money,him go pay more voters

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Temptee101(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
adioolayi:

This one can lie for Africa. Three Thousand at 6am

Na wa ooo grin grin

E go shock una
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Indispensable85(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
One day court will stop INEC from conducting election.

INEC will disregard the order and simply appeal it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by ufotunang: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
SmartPolician:

It could. That portal was opened for a long time. But as a useless people who never do anything until the deadline, just a few persons cared to do the needful. Now, the deadline has passed, they have closed the portal and everyone is asking for extension.
..ok then let INEC open the portal and extend the deadline...the electoral act said that registration and collection of PVC should end one month to the commencement of a general election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Indispensable85(m): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
ufotunang:
..ok then let INEC open the portal and extend the deadline...the electoral act said that registration and collection of PVC should end one month to the commencement of a general election

If registration ends one month to election, when will the PVC be available and distributed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Ancestortinubu: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ore mi, I am from osun state. Let's peter obi. More than 70 million Nigerian youths has vow to take it back from greedy outdated old unhealthy politicians come 2023. Let's get obidient.

uote author=SmartPolician post=113984193]Honourable Justice Mobolaji Olajuwon

I hope you will provide the resources needed for the continuation [/quote]
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Kyase(m): 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
garfield1:
This is a perverse and foolish ruling cc fergie001, kyase
Nigerian courts go just wake up one day start to misbehave
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Enumerator(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
cheesy
inoki247:
Lol you people sha should remember na anoda thing to register na another thing to get it printed....

If dem keep registering and dey are not printing aw is the registration useful...

We don see am for Passport you can register today du ur Biometric and take you up to 6 to 7 month before you get your int passport ....

People wey Register for PVC since December sef dem neva start to print dere own talkless of people wey jus register...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Acidosis(m): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Good one smiley
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by eldoradoxx: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
The outcome of presidential primaries of PDP and APC that just ended is what provoked the unprecedented surge in the quest to get PVCs by political onlookers who hitherto never wanted to vote, now they have every reason to want to vote.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Dikegodspower(m): 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mickykarim:
The Nigerian courts and its corrupt judicial officers with filthy jurisprudence are party to the problems confronting Nigeria.

THIS IS PROVIDING FERTILE GROUND FOR CORRUPTION WITH, DISASTER BY JUDICIAL MEANS.

Obidient is better than sacrifice

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by yemi1504: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
oshozondii:
INEC should have to double up in the distribution of the PVCs, some have registered since yet nothing.

With those their highly non-chalant staff? Laughs in French. One of their staff told me to come in December for the PVC I registered for last year August. Thank God I voiced out and was combative, I collected that same PVC two months ago.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by yemi1504: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Elections are next year.We still have enough time

Not with the way, they are slow with printing the PVCs. It took 7+ months for those who registered in the first quarter between June And August last year to get their PVCs. Just saying the reality.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by yemi1504: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
lugado:

They are never in a hurry
It program is a 1 year thing
It started since June last year
And. Shift in inec calendar might shift the election date.
What where people looking at when others were registering

Abi o. Nigerians and fire brigade approach! Shior! People seem to like crowd sha but I don't and quickly registered last year. On the day, I completed my registration, there was nobody on the queue, just walked in! Thought as much!
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by yemi1504: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Indispensable85:

If registration ends one month to election, when will the PVC be available and distributed?

Especially with the very slow INEC that took 7+ months to make available and distribute the PVCs for the first CVR batch.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by sokera: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
For those of you hailing the court judgment , Court can only order INEC to continue registration but court can not force INEC to produce it before election … as court does not have the power to force INEC to work beyond INEC capacity …
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Peacecore: 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
It's good that INEC extends it to enable more people to get registered but I think our court are full of judges that emabated from mercy of SORTING. Does the court actually has d jurisdiction to give that order? What if INEC fails to obey, what's going to happen? For me I think INEC is going to extend it not bcoz of this judgement.

Nonsense court n ingredients.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Obyino: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Funny human being grin grin
post=113984415:
GET YOUR PVC NOW
Election is not won on social media

Whoever you think will move our Darling nation forward.
Let your heart guide you.
We respect everyone's political affiliation.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.

[/b]
You are always welcome and thank you too!
We have been trying to do our part to make sure this country became the country of our dreams.
We have everything it takes to be successful and prosperous.
We inspire those that want to be inspired.
God bless your parents for giving us a King like you.
God bless Nigeria.
[b]#WeDidOurPart

Thank you.
We only hope and pray they have the interest of the citizens at heart.
Stay blessed.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Christistruth00: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Next they will rule that INEC must not hold Elections any longer

The Courts are too intrusive of Nigeria’s Democracy
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Jking20(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
INEC RIGHT NOW

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Everlastingson: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Indispensable85:

The PVC is supposed to take a few minutes to issue. INEC is evil and fraudulent. Ask yourself why some people who registered 3-4years ago have still not obtained their PVC. INEC does not really want you to have a PVC so their rigging will be easier. Let me tell you, they are afraid of our votes.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by ufotunang: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
Indispensable85:

...ok what I mean collection of PVC ends one month to the general election... but let them extend the registration till like September 2022...that is when registration can end ...then collection of PVC can end by December 2022..it's ok this way

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by ankpaone: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
The exercise started a year ago. It's not going to be forever. It's time to close.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Saintinoo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

What is the oil money for?
Yoruba cannot hide their hatred anymore, they are not after good governance for everyone, they are after a Yoruba man becoming president so that he can give them free money the way Buhari did for his people.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by tonyson010(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Righthussle:
This will create employment for the youths. The registration should start and end as stipulated in the electoral act. But I know INEC is short-staffed at the moment.

does one need to go for fingerprint capturing after doing VOTER TRANSFER ?
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Righthussle: 7:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
tonyson010:

does one need to go for fingerprint capturing after doing VOTER TRANSFER ?

No.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by emilo2bad: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
alsudan:
Kudos to SERAP

By 6am this morning saw at least 3 thousand Nigerians already waiting for the INEC staff to resume for the day, and 90 percent where registering because of Peter Obi.

INEC on noticing the OBI surge are now in a hurry to end the voter registration and disenfranchise patriotic Nigerians, even when elections is still 8 months away.

INEC has no choice but to extend the registration window, so patriotic Nigerians can be gladly OBIDIENT.
I don't know why Peter Obi and his supporters are liars
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by KmniAutos(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chatflick:
I buy Paypal funds, Neteller and Wise funds. Quote me if you have.

Hello, do you know BritishNaija?
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by GreyLaw(m): 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tb222:
If the court can stop inec from voters registration continuation,can we then propose that the letter I be removed from inec because the independency of inec can no longer be verifiable.

The Court of law can stop even presidential directives! That's how it is in developed nations. This has nothing to do with independence. Everything and everyone is subject to the courts.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by GreyLaw(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Everlastingson:

The PVC is supposed to take a few minutes to issue. INEC is evil and fraudulent. Ask yourself why some people who registered 3-4years ago have still not obtained their PVC. INEC does not really want you to have a PVC so their rigging will be easier. Let me tell you, they are afraid of our votes.

INEC is the biggest election manipulator in Nigeria. We need to start beating them up and probably breaking down their offices and cars before they have sense. Nigerians are waiting for them. They should keep fooling themselves.

Thank Godmit is mostly hot-blooded young people registering. Let the wicked INEC stories and see what will happen.
Re: 2023: Court Stops INEC From Ending Voter Registration by Chatflick(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
KmniAutos:

Hello, do you know BritishNaija?
Who's that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Apologies To Delta Central Residents, Promises A Revisit / 5 Political Families In Nigeria / You Can’t Determine How Buhari Fights Corruption – APC Replies PDP Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.