Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? (1147 Views)

Why Do Police Put On Their Siren When Coming To Stop Thieves. / Report of Hushpuppi Committing A $400,000 Fraud While In Prison Is False / Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? by clarkmos15(m): 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
My Huawei got stolen on 22nd of last month, the MTN line that was there wasn't registered by me and i used the SIM to register for PalmPay, i have up to 40k there, i called them to suspend the account pending when i retrieve the SIM back (i thought i could retrieve it myself but people told me otherwise).

I just called them again today after almost a month if there is another way to access my account since i cannot retrieve the SIM, the guy said i have to send a police report to their Contact E-mail and they will change it to my new number after 3 working days.

My questions are:
1. Can i retrieve a SIM someone else registered since i was the one using it for a long time (This actually seems like the best way out if it is actually possible)

2. Where can i get a police report from in lagos and how much does it cost?

Thank you!
Re: Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? by yemex04(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
You will get one at the nearest police station for as low as 5k or even less, but you would need to go get an affidavit before proceeding to the Police station.
Re: Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? by clarkmos15(m): 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
yemex04:
You will get one at the nearest police station for as low as 5k or even less, but you would need to go get an affidavit before proceeding to the Police station.
Thank you, an affidavit on what exactly?
Re: Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? by yemex04(m): 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
clarkmos15:

Thank you, an affidavit on what exactly?

Affidavit as regards the ownership & misplacement of the sim card in question.
Re: Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? by clarkmos15(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
yemex04:

Affidavit as regards the ownership & misplacement of the sim card in question.
But the sim isn't mine, and would i need to get that before i go for the police report
Re: Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? by yemex04(m): 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
clarkmos15:

But the sim isn't mine, and would i need to get that before i go for the police report

Yes.
You don't hv to state wether or not is yours.. Police will not issue you the police report without it.
Re: Where To Do Police Report Of Lost Property In Lagos? by clarkmos15(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2022
yemex04:

Yes.
You don't hv to state wether or not is yours.. Police will not issue you the police report without it.
okay, thank you

(1) (Reply)

Heart Breaking And Shocking As Groom Calls Off Wedding / See Celebrity Men Who Are Into Hookup In Nigeria So Shocking And Sad / Gone In 63 Seconds: £100,000 Range Rover Stolen In UK Intercepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.