Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? (799 Views)

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Alot of people are peddling false news that peter obi never invested $20 million in Brewery. Claiming that Soludo said he never did such.

Now lets look at some documents.

https://www.inside.beer/news/detail/nigeria-ab-inbev-reveals-plan-for-merger-of-three-subsidiaries/

Assuming the brewery decides to pay back the $20 million he invested today, without any interest, it is 12 billion.

So $20 million dollars worth of shares would have appreciated today. Considering the fact that alcohol sales is a profitable venture.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2022/04/26/nigerian-breweries-plc-posts-profit-of-n13-61-billion-for-q1-2022/%3famp=1

So it is correct to assume that a $20 million dollar investment in AB INBEV, one of the world's largest breweries, should be worth $100 million today.

2 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Note. Dollar investments in local and foreign bonds are not captured.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Golan007: 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
No guarantee it would have appreciated.

Guiness and other industry's leaders struggle to pay top dividends.

18 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Golan007:
No guarantee ut would have appreciated.

Guiness and other industry's leaders struggle to pay top dividends.

The link is above. Even if it did not appreciate, the value of $20 million is 12 billion today.

And AB INBEV is not guiness.

The original InBev global brands are Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois. Its international brands are Beck's, Hoegaarden and Leffe. The rest are categorized as local brands. Many other brands were gained as a result of the merger with SABMiller.

You are talking about one of the largest breweries in the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Golan007: 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

The link is above. Even if it did not appreciate, the value of $20 million is 12 billion today.

And AB INBEV is not guiness.

The original InBev global brands are Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois. Its international brands are Beck's, Hoegaarden and Leffe. The rest are categorized as local brands. Many other brands were gained as a result of the merger with SABMiller.

You are talking about one of the largest breweries in the world.

It may be one of the largest breweries in tbe world but in Nigeria, her products take backstage.

Just because one invests money in a certain year doesn’t guarantee it would have appreciated, no matter how you want to see it.

17 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Golan007:

It may be one of the largest breweries in tbe world but in Nigeria, her products take backstage.

Just because one invests money in a certain year doesn’t guarantee it would have appreciated, no matter how you want to see it.

Lol. Ignorance at its peak. grin grin grin

Have u ever seen any top world manufacturer produce a product with Nigeria in mind?

Does Toyota, Honda, Mercedes etc have African specs? You hear of European, American, Asian Specs, have you ever heard of African spec?

So if i bought shares in Amazon, Apple of Microsoft, you will say the shares are not valuable because many Nigerians use pirated copies of Microsoft? grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by marsman: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Obi's Investment starts and stops at Onitsha brewries.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
marsman:
Obi's Investment starts and stops at Onitsha brewries.

Yes. If i buy shares in MTN and i bought it in lagos, it means my shares in MTN stops in lagos.

So there is actually an investment? grin cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Golan007: 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Lol. Ignorance at its peak. grin grin grin

Have u ever seen any top world manufacturer produce a product with Nigeria in mind?

Does Toyota, Honda, Mercedes etc have African specs? You hear of European, American, Asian Specs, have you ever heard of African speak?

So if i bought shares in Amazon, Apple of Microsoft, you will say the shares are not valuable because many Nigerians use pirated copies of Microsoft? grin grin grin

Stop chasing your tail.

Market share of AB inbev and her products in Nigeria is less than 10% for all products.

The leaders are Nigeria Breweries followed by Guinness, and that woukd take eons to change.

17 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
Golan007:

Stop chasing your tail.

Market share of AB inbev and her products in Nigeria is less than 10% for all products.

The leaders are Nigeria Breweries followed by Guinness, and that woukd take eons to change.

What is the value of the market share?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2019/08/18/beer-wars-international-breweries-takes-number-2-market-share-from-guinness-plc/%3famp=1

Please i am not here to lecture anybody. No free lectures today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by tillaman(m): 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
sad
Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by marsman: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Yes. If i buy shares in MTN and i bought it in lagos, it means my shares in MTN stops in lagos.

So there is actually an investment? grin cheesy grin
Lol, If we value the brewries in Anambra, it should be able to cover your shares. It is even more than the shares you bought. Obi invested 20million dollars in Sabmiller. Sabmiller delivered a 100million dollars worth of investment in the brewing factory in his state. So stop making noice. The worth of your investment is in your state.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
marsman:

Lol, If we value the brewries in Anambra, it should be able to cover your shares. It is even more than the shares you bought. Obi invested 20million dollars in Sabmiller. Sabmiller delivered a 100million dollars worth of investment in the brewing factory in his state. So stop making noice. The worth of your investment is in your state.

And sabmiller merged with AB INBEV, so Anambra no longer owns shares ?

Even if the shares did not appreciate, the initial investment is more valuable today.

So if the value of the brewery appreciated, his investment did not? grin grin grin

Lets go by your logic, the brewery in Anambra is more valuable today than it was when he invested? But his investment has not appreciated. cheesy grin cheesy grin

So Sabmiller will return his investment without interest, because someone on Nairaland suggested ? grin grin grin

I invest 20 million in a startup of 100 million, today the startup is worth 50 billion. And all i get is 20 million? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Hatred for Obi can make people loose their reasoning ability.

You were celebrating that soludo said there was no such investment. Now you are devaluing the shares, even you admit the investment have grown. grin grin cheesy

The same way greed led tinubu to bring someone without a degree to destroy Nigeria for 8 years, so he can be president. grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by marsman: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Even if the shares did not appreciate, the initial investment is more valuable today.

So if the value of the brewery appreciated, his investment did not? grin grin grin

Lets go by your logic, the brewery in Anambra is more valuable today than it was when he invested? But his investment has not appreciated. cheesy grin cheesy grin

So Sabmiller will return his investment without interest, because someone on Nairaland suggested ? grin grin grin

I invest 20 million in a startup of 100 million, today the startup is worth 50 billion. And all i get is 20 million? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Where did I say that his interest has not appreciated in monetary term. The appreciation and depreciation of his interest depends on how well they are doing in the market, how popular they are. I don't really care if his investment has depreciated on appreciated, to me, It is still small,and Sabmillers generous investment in the brewry in Onitsha will cover it and pay you change.

You guys claimed the Interest has reached 100million dollars, Soludo said, there is no report from his government claiming such nonsense. Moreover, the shares belongs to the his government so soludo should know better and he just disproved the hoax.

Mind you, the number of years a Company or an interest has existed does not mean high value. Interest depreciate over time too, it all depends on the market force. Obi's interest might be less than 10million$ now, who knows. Because he invested in the 1800 does not mean it is worth a dime today.

To be honest its not really a big of a deal... In 2009, Tinubus investment of 4 billion naira in econet earned the state 19billion naira as profit. So the levels are different. How many billions has this earned Anambra.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Freethinker87: 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Hatred for Obi can make people loose their reasoning ability.

You were celebrating that soludo said there was no such investment. Now you are devaluing the shares, even you admit the investment have grown. grin grin cheesy

The same way greed led tinubu to bring someone without a degree to destroy Nigeria for 8 years, so he can be president. grin cheesy cheesy

You guys should stop entertaining these bait type arguments. Leave your one liner knockout and bounce.

Anambra ministry of finance currently owns 4.7% of AB Inbev, making Anambra the 2nd largest shareholder. The value of those shares based on AB Inbev market cap is currently around $100M. It's clearly started on their website.

Ignore these people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by marsman: 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Freethinker87:

You guys should stop entertaining these bait type arguments. Leave your one liner knockout and bounce.

Anambra ministry of finance currently owns 4.7% of AB Inbev, making Anambra the 2nd largest shareholder. The value of those shares based on AB Inbev market cap is currently around $100M. It's clearly started on their website.

Ignore these people.
Anambra state ministry of finance does not own 4.7% of AB Inbev you ding bat. Anambra owns 4.7% of International brewries. AB Inbev is also a co owner of International brewries, two of her subsidiaries own the Largest shares.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
marsman:

Where did I say that his interest has not appreciated in monetary term. The appreciation and depreciation of his interest depends on how well they are doing in the market, how popular they are. I don't really care if his investment has depreciated on appreciated, to me, It is still small,and Sabmillers generous investment in the brewry in Onitsha will cover it and pay you change.

You guys claimed the Interest has reached 100million dollars, Soludo said, there is no report from his government claiming such nonsense. Moreover, the shares belongs to the his government so soludo should know better and he just disproved the hoax.

Mind you, the number of years a Company or an interest has existed does not mean high value. Interest depreciate over time too, it all depends on the market force. Obi's interest might be less than 10million$ now, who knows. Because he invested in the 1800 does not mean it is worth a dime today.

To be honest its not really a big of a deal... In 2009, Tinubus investment of 4 billion naira in econet earned the state 19billion naira as profit. So the levels are different. How many billions has this earned Anambra.

Lol. Because of Tinubu Obi's investment is depreciated , but Nigerian breweries and Guiness are raking in profit. cheesy grin grin

The fact remains that he invested and the investment even without interest today is worth 12 billion.

So the issue of soludo saying or not, means nothing. Soludo simply said the statement did not come from him, but never said its false.

Where is Econet today?

2 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
marsman:

Anambra state ministry of finance does not own 4.7% of AB Inbev you ding bat. Anambra owns 4.7% of International brewries. AB Inbev is also a co owner of International brewries, two of her subsidiaries own the Largest shares.

In other words Anambra is the highest single share holder?

And international breweries is among top 3 in Nigeria? According to my post above. Is international breweries less valuable now than it was when obi invested? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So Anambra owns a share in the 22% market shares in Nigeria?

Does any other state have a stake?

What is 4.7% of the 22% market share in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Invest $20 Million In Brewery? by Vulturereloaded: 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi is a genius. A company he invested in years back, have displaced Guiness Nigeria today, and might displace Nigerian Breweries tomorrow..

It takes a Visionary leader to make such investment. That is what Nigeria needs today.

Someone who can look into the future and take actions today that will benefit the nation.

Not lazy old dead brains that only know how to collect tax for their state.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Babayemi To Challenge Adeleke’s Candidature At Supreme Court, If… / Live At Senator Daisy Danjuma's 70 Birthday Celebrations / FACT CHECK: How True Are Claims By Tinubu, Shettima About Size Of Lagos Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.