Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners (1653 Views)

Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President / Jackson Ojo: Buhari Will Handover To Northerner In 2023 ― APC Chieftain / Is Nigeria The Costliest Place In The World To Build Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by babasolution: 12:30am On Jun 21, 2022
If Southerners allow a Fulani to Fulani transition it will be a great mistake southerners will regret,all southern votes must go to southerners,its the turn if southerners,this is very very important and critical,either Peter obi or tinubu,the Igbo can focus on Peter obi since they feel betrayed, let the Yoruba focus on tinubu,if they allow the symbolism of a Fulani to Fulani transition they will regret it,it will be costly not only for them but their kids and future generations.

I know most southerners are dull brained,and prey like negroes but this of all things should be a no brainier.

If you give your chance away ,you will have yourselves to blame.

They no they tell person this one ooo.
U

USE YOUR HEAD FOR ONCE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by DeLaRue: 1:30am On Jun 21, 2022
I agree.

16 continuous years of Northern Presidency will change Nigeria in a way that would be difficult to ever reverse.

If you think CBN, NNPC, FIRS, CUSTOMS, the MILITARY etc are dominated by northerners, what do you think will happen after 16 yrs?

Same way it would be improper to have 16yrs of continuous Southern Presidency.

6 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by kettykings: 1:35am On Jun 21, 2022
Some people just love to prey on other people's head
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by DONLEKAN: 3:55am On Jun 21, 2022
@ OP you spoke my mind. I already told everyone in my circle. The issue with this election is not so much of who wins but the effect it will have on Southerners' bargaining power in this contraption called Nigeria. The worst thing that happened so far is Tinubu winning APC primary. Mind you, I am Yoruba but not a fan of the guy. He should have supported Osibanjo but he wants to be president at all cost. Northerners will believe anytime a party presents a Southern candidate, the other party should present a Northernern candidate and everybody in the North ports to the party presenting Northern candidate. This will make parties argue they must present a candidate that can win and not prioritise zone. There are 2 major problems with the South/Midlebelt. Lack of unity and our propensity not to vote. In this unfolding evil of a Nation called Nigeria, We must be prepared to bear whatever pain becomes our lot and that of our children because we have failed to think and do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Osaze007: 5:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Northern to northern is bad like Muslim to Muslim

4 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Benbellamor: 5:32am On Jun 21, 2022
i was supporting PDP all these years and watch how people like wike hold the party through spending and supporting other Governors To win even when Atiku decamp to Apc,
Atiku just chose okowa with 3 votes leaving wike with 16 votes against majority decision in a vice president contest...
this is the same thing that buhari is doing by neglecting popular views and cling to the cabals....
the northern chairman iyorchia Ayu has shown signs of forming cabals in PDP
okowa was used to puncture the southern zoning agreed in Delta
the implication is that Nigeria cannot afford a northerner that will NOT yield to majority decision but rather few cabals

I either follow Tinubu seems to be better because i watch the way he consistently build and keep a moving train....wike should just stay quiet and watch how atiku can win osun ....if Atiku fails, i think its time to decamp en masse and just let Atiku okowa dance naked in 2023
Wike is a force and I am sorry for PDP....

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by rolams(m): 5:34am On Jun 21, 2022
But southern missions to govern Nigeria failed, another wahala for the south if a Northerner rule us.

Are we sure we can win this battle? That's the reality.
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by rolams(m): 5:35am On Jun 21, 2022
DONLEKAN:
@ OP you spoke my mind. I already told everyone in my circle. The issue with this election is not so much of who wins but the effect it will have on Southerners' bargaining power in this contraption called Nigeria. The worst thing that happened so far is Tinubu winning APC primary. Mind you, I am Yoruba but not a fan of the guy. He should have supported Osibanjo but he wants to be president at all cost. Northerners will believe anytime a party presents a Southern candidate, the other party should present a Northernern candidate and everybody in the North ports to the party presenting Northern candidate. This will make parties argue they must present a candidate that can win and not prioritise zone. There are 2 major problems with the South/Midlebelt. Lack of unity and our propensity not to vote. In this unfolding evil of a Nation called Nigeria, We must be prepared to bear whatever pain becomes our lot and that of our children because we have failed to think and do the needful.

You are very correct!
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Gozac: 5:52am On Jun 21, 2022
babasolution:
If Southerners allow a Fulani to Fulani transition it will be a great mistake southerners will regret,all southern votes must go to southerners,its the turn if southerners,this is very very important and critical,either Peter obi or tinubu,the Igbo can focus on Peter obi since they feel betrayed, let the Yoruba focus on tinubu,if they allow the symbolism of a Fulani to Fulani transition they will regret it,it will be costly not only for them but their kids and future generations.

I know most southerners are dull brained,and prey like negroes but this of all things should be a no brainier.

If you give your chance away ,you will have yourselves to blame.

They no they tell person this one ooo.
U

USE YOUR HEAD FOR ONCE

Who cares about this your epistle, injustice and political greed rules politics of zoning in Nigeria.
Let the best candidate or biggest buyer of votes win, I know the later will win since many are living in poverty in Nigeria
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Gozac: 5:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Benbellamor:
i was supporting PDP all these years and watch how people like wike hold the party through spending and supporting other Governors To win even when Atiku decamp to Apc,
Atiku just chose okowa with 3 votes leaving wike with 16 votes against majority decision in a vice president contest...
this is the same thing that buhari is doing by neglecting popular views and cling to the cabals....
the implication is that Nigeria cannot afford a northerner that will NOT yield to majority decision but rather few cabals

I either follow Tinubu seems to be better because i watch the way he consistently build and keep a moving train....wike should just stay quiet and watch how atiku can win osun ....if Atiku fails, i think its time to decamp en masse and just let Atiku okowa dance naked in 2023
My bro, Atiku is a seasoned politician just like Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, his vetoing the committee's decision is strategic
First an Wike will reduce his votes in the north due to his former deeds and utterances that made Northerners to hate Wike
Secondly Wike may cause him some votes of some learned Nigerians who see Wike as uncouth
Finally if they win the election,Wike being very strong willed and ambitious will not be totally loyal to Atiku

4 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by jumobi1(m): 6:01am On Jun 21, 2022
Well SW should have let SE or even SS go for it. As it stands now, everyone OYO. The idea of zoning should have been to make every zone feel like they’re part of the Nigeria project.

2 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Gozac: 6:05am On Jun 21, 2022
Whatever impact it brings to Southern Nigeria let it be, after all we brought it to ourselves because of mutual disrespect, injustice, political greed of the regions in South.
Anyway if every body votes their people as you suggested, North will certainly retain power
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Validated: 6:13am On Jun 21, 2022
SW want to sell their dummy to SS and SE. We (SS/SE) prefer to wait out 8 years of Atiku than 16 years of Tinubu and his fellow muslim running mate. By the way, when SW join Fulani to trucate GEJ rule, where did they keep their senses and love for Southerners.
Moreover SW already enjoyed VP Osinbajo, let Okowa (Igbo) vp also rule.

7 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:14am On Jun 21, 2022
The greed of the SW region will be the very reason the north might remain in power.

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by SisterFire(f): 7:06am On Jun 21, 2022
Osaze007:
Northern to northern is bad like Muslim to Muslim
...So you are OBIdient?
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by BishopEmmanuel(m): 7:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Benbellamor:

undecided
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Ballack1(m): 7:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Lolzz..I think is Igbo turn to rule

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Wilson212: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2022
DONLEKAN:
you are not serious the best bet to get power in 2023 is Tinubu and he will win .if osibanjo have won the APC primary he will be defeated .Why it is very bad for a northerner to win is if it happens after 8 year another northerner that is popular will come out again that means Southerners will not rule this country again but I don't think northerners will be foolish to continue holding powers because if the agitation happening in South East ever happens in Southwest Nigeria will not survive it
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Peacecore: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2022
Believe me down here in d East. Apart from peter, people what people are saying is that instead of another Fulani man, Yoruba should take it. PDP will come distant third in SE I can't say much about SS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Bravetunde: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2022
Wilson212:
you are not serious the best bet to get power in 2023 is Tinubu and he will win .if osibanjo have won the APC primary he will be defeated .Why it is very bad for a northerner to win is if it happens after 8 year another northerner that is popular will come out again that means Southerners will not rule this country again but I don't think northerners will be foolish to continue holding powers because if the agitation happening in South East ever happens in Southwest Nigeria will not survive it
Stop using reverse psychology.
Ss and se will never ever vote for theivenubu even him knows.
Atiku will win and ss and se will support him.massively

2 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Bravetunde: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2022
Peacecore:
Believe me down here in d East. Apart from peter, people what people are saying is that instead of another Fulani man, Yoruba should take it. PDP will come distant third in SE I can't say much about SS
You are liaring.
No Igbo man will vote for theivenubu none.

2 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2022
Peacecore:

I don't know the East you are living in.
It's either Peter Obi or Northing!

2 Likes

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Peacecore: 10:24am On Jun 21, 2022
Bravetunde:

You are liaring.
No Igbo man will vote for theivenubu none.
if I may ask; Are u an Igbo man? Between Buhari n Tinubu who is hated more than by d Igbos. Go and check 2019 stat, Buhari won 3LGs in SE in 2019. Two in Aboa state and one in Ebonyi state. I guess those that voted for him in those areas are Fulanis from Kastina. Keeping deceiving yasef. O ga mee gi vum n'anya.
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Peacecore: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2022
NetValueFX:

I don't know the East you are living in.
It's either Peter Obi or Northing!
Nothing like peter Obi or nothing. It's either peter Obi or Tinubu, Fulani no b option.
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by VoteObi2023: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2022
The South will hold Yorubas responsible if power returns to the North

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Truthisunique2: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2022
South east south south would give it block votes to PDP as usual

You don't care about southern interest you only want ss/se votes to split since tinubu isn't going to get it in the first place while you give 60% to tinubu in the west

Fulani to fulani is better than Muslim Muslim ticket

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Masterito(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2022
Fat lie.
Peacecore:

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Onyechiyelugo: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Hello Port Harcourt Surveyors, Engineers, and Architects,

I have just relocated to Port Harcourt. I am in need of Jobs (preferably contract and subcontract).

I am a COREN registered Civil Engineer.
I have experience in buildings, roads (flexible, ridgid and interlocks), and drainage construction.

Please, inform me, if there are opportunities around you.

Regards

Onyechiyelugo
Call/WhatsApp:
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Wilson212:
Lol Yorubas and noise are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 11:00am On Jun 21, 2022
Peacecore:
which east
I rather have a bokoharam there than Tinubu

holy ghost fire

1 Like

Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by Peacecore: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2022
QueenOfTheCoast:
which east
I rather have a bokoharam there than Tinubu

holy ghost fire
Anyway that's for sha. But for me, I rather vote for goat than voting for Atiku, God forbid.
Re: Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners by updatechange(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2022
make all of Una go burn....north will divide the south through the obi and Tinubu's presidency.
Igbos will vote obi, yorubas will vote tinubu and the northerners will vote atiku with a bloc vote therefore Atiku will come victorious.

Southern presidency, the Igbos should forget it for now, call me whatever but that's just the plain truth.
Hausa/Fulani will do everything to make sure it's won't work and don't forget they have the population and are very United to do the magic.

But I doubt if Igbos will vote BAT reason unknown to me... Bat seems to hold ground in Nigeria atleast far more than obi. But being a Muslim is now the biggest crime he's committed cos even some of he's tribesmen down south will reject Muslim Muslim ticket which seems to be the only way to penetrate the north now.

Meanwhile expect the resumption of oil pipeline explotions ups in the next few months.
Because should another Fulani rule this country means the status quo remains.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu In London Hospital Not France / Tinubu: Loud Silence In APC After Primaries / Igbos and Others migrating to Lagos have nothing to do with Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.