Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President (26408 Views)

Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners / Atiku: I Will Hand Over Power To A Young President / Nigerians Made Huge Mistake Electing Buhari In 2015 – Segun Sowunmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Afro3: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
Nigeria can repeat the Rishi Sunak and Emmanuel Macron examples by electing a young president -- Accord candidate, Prof. Imumolen

Nigeria can jump on the bandwagon of the ongoing global fad in which a new generation of leaders are taking over the reins of power in many countries of the world by electing a president of youth extraction in next year's general elections.

The recent emergence of 42-year old Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister, exactly five years after France did the same in electing Emmanuel Macron as president, has supported the growing belief that youth is the way to go in a world now fast jettisoning the old order.
Accord presidential candidate, Professor Christopher Imumolen, a youth who is gunning for Nigeria's highest office in next year's presidential elections, says a better signal could not have been sent as to the direction the world is now heading with the latest developments in Britain and France, insisting that it only further reinforced the position he'd often held on the matter.

"Those who have had me talk ceaselessly about the benefits of allowing a young person take the reins of power as Nigeria's president have often wondered why I have been so passionate," Professor Imumolen said on Tuesday.

"But the truth is that we need a new generation of youthful leaders who would be ready to give their all for the overall betterment of this country.
"The emergence of Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister is a significant message to the countries of the world, particularly Nigeria that the era of relegating the youth in the general scheme of things is over.

"If countries like France where Emmanuel Macron has been president since 2017, and Britain with all their experience and technological know-how, can entrust the affairs of their countries in the hands of young, upwardly mobile professionals, then I don't see why we should be different.

"For those who don't know, Macron became president at the age of 39 -- the same age with me -- and has since become the only individual in French history since two decades to win a second term in office after being re-elected in April this year.

"What about Rishi Sunak? He is only 42 and the first person of colour to hold the office of Prime Minister, Britain. These examples clearly buttresses my often held beliefs that we must go the way of the youth if we desire a refreshing change from a chequered past of underachievement as a country.

"So, I'd use this opportunity to once again urge Nigerians to vote me, a youth who is vibrant, mentally sound, healthy and ready to change the status quo and deliver to them the true dividends of democracy.

"I want them to check my profile and make up their minds as we all journey towards 2023. Let's do it the French and British way. Let's vote for youth. Let's vote Professor Christopher Imumolen as Nigeria's next president," he added.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by MandelaLives: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
Let this guy contest for councillorship, and let's see if he wins.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
Why we are voting His Excellency, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu!

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by gaby(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
The present Gerontocracy being practiced by the oldies (Gerontocrats) will be child's play when our current youths with their mindsets take over.

Na everyday dem do dey do party for inside the Arsehole Rock, popping champagne and smoking loud.

The national reserve na one click of the button dem go take delete am.

Make we softly dey manage these analog thieves for now abeg.

As I posited in some other thread some days ago, we are still hovering at the hunter-gatherer stage of civilization as a society.

We ain't ripe yet for what we dream of as a nation.

Everything make pasaaaa according to my Gahana-Charlie neighbor.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Ogaga87(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
Everyday, average Nigeria shouting at the market over price surge..

One man wife then apologize for her husband failure..

The husband with no shame, say average Nigerians should vote for someone who will continue his legacy..

The Lagos Urchin as described by internet users, recently said, people should vote for him for steady power supply and non estimated billing and should not be voted for a second term unless he gives them adequate reason why he failed..

We are wise and I hope we do away with them like CBN did to the old naira note..

Vote OBi

I come in peace

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
No Nigeria cannot! have you seen the level of Stockholm syndrome in this country? the level of tribal and religious bigotry in this country, the sheer number of people who cannot think or act for themselves until they hear from one alfa or one pastor or their traditional ruler before they make a decision?
Before we can fix Nigeria, we have to kill the stupid culture that is holding us back, stupid peer pressure from dead people that we call traditions need to die with the people that it was made for and we create the ones that will suit us in the times we live in.

If we like, let us elect Obi, Tinubu, Atiku together into ASO rock and harness all their ideas, it will not fix Nigeria until we terminate the culture of accepting mediocrity and making excuses for failures or using God and religion as an off-ramp for our failures and laziness.

A politician will open his or her mouth and say that a road will be fixed by God's grace and people will just accept that. God has no business fixing roads, that is the job of the politician, yet people will just swallow that horse shit as if it is normal. These are the things that need to change before Nigeria can even think of electing people based on character.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by factcheckmmm: 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
ooookkkk
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Bills2307(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ofcourse
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by chubinwa(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
A
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Hoferedag: 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by DevilSignature: 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by NovoLag: 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
smiley
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Throwback: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
I laugh at this OP.

He does not know that in Nigeria, a 61yr old politician who has been active in the political terrain for 20yrs since 2002, and has been a political prostitute and desperate ticket hunter jumping from party to party without grooming any to greatness nor espousing a well defined ideology / manifesto, is the self acclaimed youth who wants to give us a new Nigeria.

Some deluded youths even claim the 61yr old typical politician is the youth candidate.

See below the delusion I just narrated.

Kingzy4real:
Peter Obi represent the face of new Nigeria, we the Youths are sending him to represent us.

Enough of the gerontocratic leadership in Nigeria

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
Well, at the end of the day...

1.Sunak has been associated with the Conservatives since he was around twenty,...when he was an intern at their HQ...as a student.

2.Macron joined politics as a university student.

How many Nigerians are willing to do the same, and for our major parties too...and how many Nigerians are willing to stop voting for the same old, same old. Even Obi that they are portraying as new...a year ago he was a proud PDP member.

Anyway, me I know that at the end, Nigerians will vote for PDP and APC, because most Nigerians really do not want change...just the familiarity.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nazgul: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
They should come and elect me I'm young... question is what would I do if I'm elected.

I'll build airports in all the 36 States.

Increase my presidential fleet to 36 planes. One for each state.

Build a gigantic cathedral worth over $150b at also rock.

Every Friday would be nation wide night vigil, goan pray to God, Muslims would pray to Allah.

I would marry a wife from each of the 36 States to prove that I'm for everybody and de-tribalized. Young virgins would be carefully selected from the 36 states for me to choose from.

I'll celebrate carnivals every last Saturday of the month, there would be eating and drinking. Musicians and comedians would grace the occasion.

I'll build churches in every street in the South, and increase tithes to 20%. How can you be paying 10% since Bible time, haba, on behalf of God, I'll increase it to 20%. 10% for the church, 10% for me.

I'll increase weekend to 3 days, we cannot come and kill ourselves, Monday to Thursday is work, Friday to Sunday is rest and religious activities.

This and many more would I do once I'm elected to the office of the president of Nigeria. grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
grin

Yes Nigeria can also repeat USA and even UK example by Electing Ashiwaju Ahmad Bola Tinubu

Between What's youthful about Obi who is 62 years, just 8 years behind Tinubu dear zombidiots?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Success957: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
BAT followers will not like this

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by DisLifeSha: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
It's not just about age. I'm OBIdient

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by dynicks(m): 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
Zombies rushing in to attack the messenger instead of the message!!...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
MandelaLives:
Let this guy contest for councillorship, and let's see if he wins.
so by the time he runs for president, he will be 72

Do macron etc run for councilorship first?

Is there a rule that says you must?

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by slimanyd: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
And watch as some cabals will kill such youth overnight. They will now term it and put the blames on herdsmen

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by bhella10: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
Who is macron or macaroni who is Rishi abi risikat when we have the Jagaban. Which party be accord self? Yeye pipo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by doyin01: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
Tinubu , atiku and obi cannot all be classified as youths..even Peter obi clocked 60 already....how is 60 years old a youth ??...they should all go and sit down.... no youths among them..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by loosecanon50(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
Be using Sunak & Macron example to give yourself false hope. Just wait till 2031 and try again, Nigerians will consider you then. You need to sit this one out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Benitoh: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
Senseless tinubu and atiku supporters will never allow our country to move forward and make meaningful progress.

They're called urchins because they reason upside down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Kingzy4real: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
Peter Obi represent the face of new Nigeria, we the Youths are sending him to represent us.

Enough of the gerontocratic leadership in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by merits(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
Afro3:
Nigeria can repeat the Rishi Sunak and Emmanuel Macron examples by electing a young president -- Accord candidate, Prof. Imumolen

Nigeria can jump on the bandwagon of the ongoing global fad in which a new generation of leaders are taking over the reins of power in many countries of the world by electing a president of youth extraction in next year's general elections.

The recent emergence of 42-year old Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister, exactly five years after France did the same in electing Emmanuel Macron as president, has supported the growing belief that youth is the way to go in a world now fast jettisoning the old order.
Accord presidential candidate, Professor Christopher Imumolen, a youth who is gunning for Nigeria's highest office in next year's presidential elections, says a better signal could not have been sent as to the direction the world is now heading with the latest developments in Britain and France, insisting that it only further reinforced the position he'd often held on the matter.

"Those who have had me talk ceaselessly about the benefits of allowing a young person take the reins of power as Nigeria's president have often wondered why I have been so passionate," Professor Imumolen said on Tuesday.

"But the truth is that we need a new generation of youthful leaders who would be ready to give their all for the overall betterment of this country.
"The emergence of Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister is a significant message to the countries of the world, particularly Nigeria that the era of relegating the youth in the general scheme of things is over.

"If countries like France where Emmanuel Macron has been president since 2017, and Britain with all their experience and technological know-how, can entrust the affairs of their countries in the hands of young, upwardly mobile professionals, then I don't see why we should be different.

"For those who don't know, Macron became president at the age of 39 -- the same age with me -- and has since become the only individual in French history since two decades to win a second term in office after being re-elected in April this year.

"What about Rishi Sunak? He is only 42 and the first person of colour to hold the office of Prime Minister, Britain. These examples clearly buttresses my often held beliefs that we must go the way of the youth if we desire a refreshing change from a chequered past of underachievement as a country.

"So, I'd use this opportunity to once again urge Nigerians to vote me, a youth who is vibrant, mentally sound, healthy and ready to change the status quo and deliver to them the true dividends of democracy.

"I want them to check my profile and make up their minds as we all journey towards 2023. Let's do it the French and British way. Let's vote for youth. Let's vote Professor Christopher Imumolen as Nigeria's next president," he added.

Don't worry about us we have enough agbado and Cassava to chop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Dshocker(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
That is why we have to do away with people like Tinubu and Atiku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by LegitAutos01: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
Vote Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
2023 I must to go to Switzerland by force.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Mummyfour(f): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
Yahaya bello has taught Nigerians a very big lesson. He failed in leadership, so I won't be surprised if Nigerians turn away from voting for you sir.
They may liken your efforts to youthful exuberance that may not pay off later.

I prefer a younger president though, so I am contented with being proudly OBiDIENT

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rights Group Stop Buhari's Planned Visit To UK, Sights Human Rights Violations. / Take Gov. Diri Out Of Our Avowed Decision To Seek Redress, MEND Fires Sahara Rep / Army Kills Boko Haram Kingpin, Brother In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.