Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,543 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency (437 Views)

Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me / Fact-Check: Tinubu Didn't Shut Down Kano, Old 'Buhari' Pictures / Fact Check: Tinubu Makes Fresh Claim On PVC Expiry Date, Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency by lekanolas: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2022
Former governor of Lagos State and the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) , Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was quoted to have said that the highest position attained by any Lagosian in national leadership is the position of Chief Judge of the Federation (CJN).

Tinubu made the claim when he paid a visit to the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, at his palace on Sunday.

He told the Oba that he decided to contest the 2023 presidency in order to break that jinx.

“There is no Lagos indigene that has had the opportunity to become President of Nigeria, despite the contribution of the State to the national stability and progress. The highest position attained by any Lagosian in national leadership is the position of Chief Judge of the Federation.

“I took up the fight to break this jinx. The battle to secure the APC ticket was hard. When I was almost fed up, I resorted to prayers. I also poured out my mind when I felt there was a gang up against my person. Thank God that I have brought home the presidential ticket.

“The task ahead is to galvanise our people to get their voter cards and vote to enable us realise this ambition. Getting our people to vote is the most important task before all of us”

Highest position attained by any Lagosian in national leadership is the position of CJN?

While it is true that no Lagosian has had the opportunity to become Nigeria’s President, it is completely false that the highest position attained by any Lagosian in national leadership is the position of Chief Judge of the Federation.

It is possible that Tinubu was misquoted that highest position attained by any Lagosian in national leadership is the position of CJN.

If not, he blatantly lied about his claim.

The Nigerian presidential line of succession sets the ranking of Nigerian government officials who may become or act as President of Nigeria if the incumbent president becomes incapacitated, dies, resigns, or is removed from office (by impeachment).

The ranking is as follows:

Vice President

Senate President

Speaker of the House of Representatives

Chief Justice of the Federation (CJF)

Deputy Senate President

Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives

The above, except the CJF, are all elected officers of Government.

The current Speaker of the House of Reps, Femi Gbajabiamila ,who was elected into that position on 12 June 2019, is from Lagos State.

As it stands today, Gbajabiamila is above CJN Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad and is third in line for succession to the Nigerian Presidency, after the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and Senate President, Ahmed Lawan.

https://newsday.com.ng/fact-check-tinubu-lied-about-his-reason-for-contesting-the-2023-presidency/
Re: Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency by ayoolataiwo(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2022
Jagaban of Borgu himself,

Re: Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency by haffaze777(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2022
ayoolataiwo:
Jagaban of Borgu himself,
God bless Mazi Bola Ahmed Tinubu and God bless your family
Re: Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency by Arysexy(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2022
Tinubu that never believed in one Nigeria wants to lead Nigeria. Joke!

Re: Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2022
Election in Nigeria is based on tribal, regional and religious sentiment that is why many Yoruba's are quick to forgive the same APC they were cursing with Buhari because of tinubu

VaginaMiners:

Same reason why Ibos atikulated in 2019 but are now calling a thief in 2022.
Interestingly,st Obi was Atiku's running mate in 2019.

We understand your gimmicks and reasonable Nigerians aren't buying it

Lol reasonable people atikulated in 2019 because Buhari was dragging the nation backwards and Idiots out if sentiment still kept him therecheesy
ANSWER ME THIS:Did Buhari and your osibanjo move the country more forward or more backward from 2019

Qoute me once you have an anwer ......signing out✈

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency by VaginaMiners: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2022
HONESTFACT101:
Election in Nigeria is based on tribal, regional and religious sentiment that is why many Yoruba's are quick to forgive the same APC they were cursing with Buhari because of tinubu ......signing out✈
Same reason why Ibos atikulated in 2019 but are now calling the same Atiku a thief in 2022.
Interestingly,st Obi was Atiku's running mate in 2019.

We understand your gimmicks and reasonable Nigerians aren't buying it
Re: Fact Check: Tinubu Lied About His Reason For Contesting The 2023 Presidency by VaginaMiners: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
HONESTFACT101:
Election in Nigeria is based on tribal, regional and religious sentiment that is why many Yoruba's are quick to forgive the same APC they were cursing with Buhari because of tinubu

Lol reasonable people atikulated in 2019 because Buhari was dragging the nation backwards and Idiots out if sentiment still kept him therecheesy
ANSWER ME THIS:Did Buhari and your osibanjo move the country more forward or more backward from 2019

Qoute me once you have an anwer ......signing out✈
ANSWER ME THIS : Did Atiku just become a thief in 2022 and suddenly unsuitable to make Nigeria work again ??
Hypocrite

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Yesterday With Governor Wike At His Residence In Rivers / Okowa Confident PDP Will Regain Power In 2023 Elections / Yusuff : The Defeat Of APC Will Lead To The Political Death Of Many Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.