Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? (890 Views)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / What Skills Can One Learn Before Moving Into Canada? / I'm A 24 Year Old Lady Relocating To Canada Or Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by Olamide8734: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning everyone,
Please I'll like to know the skills that I can learn before relocating to the US in September?
I will really appreciate all input on this topic, thank you in advance.
Re: What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by bibianna(f): 11:03am On Jun 21, 2022
You still have time to learn tailoring or hair making if you're a fast learner! smiley
Re: What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by Drlumi: 11:13am On Jun 21, 2022
I think it depends on your interests. There are many skills that are in high demand in the US and you do not have to limit yourself to the regular options.

That said, if you are interested in getting a non-coding tech role with good job options and pay, you can explore IT Business Analysis. It's a role that is somewhere between IT and business and can be learned pretty quickly, although gaining true expertise takes years on the job.

We offer Business Analysis training at Twim Institute. We also have other options such as UX Design, Artificial Intelligence, Agile, Agile Scrum, etc. You can chat us up on WhatsApp: 09033279205. We are an accredited centre of the British Computer Society (BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT) so you can train with us, write your certification exams and get certified immediately.
Re: What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by digitite: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
Digital Marketing
Blogging
Photography
Graphic Design.

2 Likes

Re: What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by Opeademi(f): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
Try tailoring,make up and hairdressing.
Re: What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by Teaser4(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
Hairdressing
Re: What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by Childofthelord(f): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
The most marketable hands-on skill in the Nigerian diaspora market is Hair dressing.
A typical African hair stylist in US charges between $150 - $300 per head for braids.
And if you are really good at your job, your work will do the referrals by itself + ladies make their hair frequently.
If you can also make wigs on the side, you will make bank!
Re: What Skills Can A Lady Relocating To The US Learn From Nigeria Before Coming? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2022
Learn Tech skills. Never gets out of fashion.

If you aren't tech-savvy, you can learn hands-on skills like hairstyling, learn to make wigs, learn how to perm hair, fixing and applying nail varnish and fix false lashes. If I were you, I will also learn how to cut hair for men and also make dreads.

Also, learn how to cook African dishes (for people who are too busy to cook) and that's if you love cooking. Did you just recently see in the news the Nigerian man that cooks and sells smokey jollof rice? Even white people patronize him.

Styling never gets old too. So, tailoring (our locally made wears) and gele-tying for fellow Nigerians over there that attend Owambe. I would have said baking, but confectioneries abound over there so you can't outdo the whites since junk is the norm over there. But then, you never can tell. No knowledge is a waste. Garner as many skills as you can. Cheers.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Abroad On Holiday - Do U Relax Or Shop (and Trek) Till U Literally Drop? / Uk Bans Non-eu Unskilled Workers / Postgraduate Admission Into Uwe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.