Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa (880 Views)

UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 6:11am On Nov 06, 2022
so the question is that what percentage of nigerians do you think will japa back to naija from the uk and canada if someone gives them 1 million dollars today ?

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THIS ? APART FROM AMERICA OOOO BECAUSE IN AMERICA YOU CAN HAVE A DECENT LIFE ALTHOUGH you are in an unsafe country but in america you can live a good life , BUT TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT THOSE IN THE UK AND CANADA IF YOU offer them all 1 million dollars today they will all run back to nigeria today. its poverty that is keeping those people trapped in those two countries. they tax them like crazy over there so they never have money so they are trapped but yet lonely and depressed and there is no way out. many of them are suicidal. i have seen a few on the news who went crazy on the streets of toronto. so if you offer these naijas in the uk or canada 1 million dollars they will all japa back to naija asap. na sapa dey keep them for uk and canada

what are your opinions ? this ought to be interesting

mynd44 justwise if you fine honorable upstanding gentlemen dont mind pushing this to frontage i believe this could get exciting

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by Ifakiland(m): 7:16am On Nov 06, 2022
sukkot:
so the question is that what percentage of nigerians do you think will japa back to naija from the uk and canada if someone gives them 1 million dollars today ?

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THIS ? APART FROM AMERICA OOOO BECAUSE IN AMERICA YOU CAN HAVE A DECENT LIFE ALTHOUGH you are in an unsafe country but in america you can live a good life , BUT TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT THOSE IN THE UK AND CANADA IF YOU offer them all 1 million dollars today they will all run back to nigeria today. its poverty that is keeping those people trapped in those two countries. they tax them like crazy over there so they never have money so they are trapped but yet lonely and depressed and there is no way out. many of them are suicidal. i have seen a few on the news who went crazy on the streets of toronto. so if you offer these naijas in the uk or canada 1 million dollars they will all japa back to naija asap. na sapa dey keep them for uk and canada

mynd44 justwise if you fine honorable upstanding gentlemen dont mind pushing this to frontage i believe this could get exciting
Oponu

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2022
Ifakiland:

Oponu
lol

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by digitite: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2022
Quality of life is better than money.
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2022
digitite:
Quality of life is better than money.
but there is no quality of life in the UK. its slightly better in some parts of canada.

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by digitite: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2022
sukkot:
but there is no quality of life in the UK. its slightly better in some parts of canada.

But atleast far better than Nigeria.
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
digitite:

But atleast far better than Nigeria.
nigeria you still have peace. over there no peace when 30 bills is knocking on ya door every week.. to watch your own tv you go pay bill

3 Likes

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by ednut1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
@justwise you need to do something about these trolls who claim to be anti immigration but sleep and wake on this session lol

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
ednut1:
@justwise you need to do something about these trolls who claim to be anti immigration but sleep and wake on this session lol
lol bro, free speech na grin
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by Jackofalltrade: 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
sukkot:

Who will offer them 1million dollars?
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sihamey: 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
If only Nigeria will vote wisely come 2023, if Peter Obi enter ASO ROCK all Nigeria Japa in Canada and UK will run back to Nigeria without any 1 million offer, take this to the bank !!
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by ednut1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 06, 2022
sihamey:
If only Nigeria will vote wisely come 2023, if Peter Obi enter ASO ROCK all Nigeria Japa in Canada and UK will run back to Nigeria without any 1 million offer, take this to the bank !!
lets say obi wins miraculously. He has no labour party members in senate, house of rep, governors forum etc. sadly he will have little or no impacts .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sihamey: 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2022
ednut1:
lets say obi wins miraculously. He has no labour party members in senate, house of rep, governors forum etc. sadly he will have little or no impacts .

So in other words ,what you are saying is that Buhari shouldn't be blame for Nigeria current situation we should blame the APC party member in Senate , house of rep and governors forum
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by ednut1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
sihamey:

So in other words ,what you are saying is that Buhari shouldn't be blame for Nigeria current situation we should blame the APC party member in Senate , house of rep and governors forum
who has been approving those loans who is approving and bringing useless laws who has not activated impeachment of Buhari on the basis of incompetence, security issues etc. who has also not been prosecuting corrupt thieves like Dasuki, FFK, Metuh etc. Senate, HOR and Judiciary na. If Obi wants to restructure and the north senators say no, what will happen. Obi even if he wins cannot be a messiah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by Astar007: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jackofalltrade:

U dey mind dey fool He dey ment, go dey indoors dey imagine wetin nor fit ever happen

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jackofalltrade:

Hypothetical situation

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
sihamey:
peter obi the messiah shocked

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
Astar007:

U dey mind dey fool He dey ment, go dey indoors dey imagine wetin nor fit ever happen
angry

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by Ifakiland(m): 1:51am On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
nigeria you still have peace. over there no peace when 30 bills is knocking on ya door every week.. to watch your own tv you go pay bill
Which bill dey uk wey no dey Nigeria?
Lemme outline the differences for me.
1) salary
Uk; £600 weekly that's £2400 monthly
Nig: was paid N200k monthly that's N16,600 weekly.

2) food.
Uk; £100 monthly cos food is so cheap, I hardly finish £10 chicken in a month, even balance dey remain for the £100 sef

Nig; I manage to do N6k food shopping weekly (manage oh)

3) transport.
Uk; £22.5 for weekly buses ticket all buses in my county (state)

Nig: I spent N4800 weekly on tfare.

4) Rent.
Uk; £475 monthly...plus water bill.
Nig; I paid N250k yearly, that's N20,800 monthly
(I will add that in Nigeria I spent 4k weekly for generator fuel) gen fuel in a month is 16k....means to make my rent comfy in Nigeria I pay 36.8k monthly.

5) energy.
Uk, my light bill is £50 monthly (24 hrs light)
Nig: it varies from 5k to 6k monthly no constant light oh.

6) data/phone bills
Uk; £p25 weekly both calls and data both unlimited for a month.
Nig; I spent N4k on data monthly plus about 2k on calls total 6k.

After all the above spending I have left per month.
Uk; £1660
Nig; N108,000

Now we move to entertainment/clothing etc
Uk: I spend £300 monthly on this.
Nig; I spent N30k

Total saved.
Uk; £1360 (converted to naira is N1.36m)
Nig; N78k (converted to pounds is £78)

So you see you're actually poorer in Nigeria.

Hope you understand why people japa now?
In the uk I don't have a TV, car....even if I did I will still have 1360 pounds balance monthly to pay for them. Thank you and get lost

6 Likes

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 8:45am On Nov 07, 2022
Ifakiland:

Which bill dey uk wey no dey Nigeria?
Lemme outline the differences for me.
1) salary
Uk; £600 weekly that's £2400 monthly
Nig: was paid N200k monthly that's N16,600 weekly.

2) food.
Uk; £100 monthly cos food is so cheap, I hardly finish £10 chicken in a month, even balance dey remain for the £100 sef

Nig; I manage to do N6k food shopping weekly (manage oh)

3) transport.
Uk; £22.5 for weekly buses ticket all buses in my county (state)

Nig: I spent N4800 weekly on tfare.

4) Rent.
Uk; £475 monthly...plus water bill.
Nig; I paid N250k yearly, that's N20,800 monthly
(I will add that in Nigeria I spent 4k weekly for generator fuel) gen fuel in a month is 16k....means to make my rent comfy in Nigeria I pay 36.8k monthly.

5) energy.
Uk, my light bill is £50 monthly (24 hrs light)
Nig: it varies from 5k to 6k monthly no constant light oh.

6) data/phone bills
Uk; £p25 weekly both calls and data both unlimited for a month.
Nig; I spent N4k on data monthly plus about 2k on calls total 6k.

After all the above spending I have left per month.
Uk; £1660
Nig; N108,000

Now we move to entertainment/clothing etc
Uk: I spend £300 monthly on this.
Nig; I spent N30k

Total saved.
Uk; £1360 (converted to naira is N1.36m)
Nig; N78k (converted to pounds is £78)

So you see you're actually poorer in Nigeria.

Hope you understand why people japa now?
In the uk I don't have a TV, car....even if I did I will still have 1360 pounds balance monthly to pay for them. Thank you and get lost

is like your head is paining you how is 200 thousand naira monthly 16600 weekly ?

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by AlphaTaikun: 8:54am On Nov 07, 2022
ednut1:
How's it going @Ednut? Sukkot has been an NL veteran since 2005 slash 2006 with an older moniker. He's also a British citizen of SW Naija descent, and well-travelled though. So, this isn't a regular trolling session. He's just asking some thought-provoking questions. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by Ifakiland(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
is like your head is paining you how is 200 thousand naira monthly 16600 weekly ?
Your papa die for Nigeria if you like....I no send you message

1 Like

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

How's it going @Ednut? Sukkot has been an NL veteran since 2005 slash 2006 with an older moniker. He's also a British citizen of SW Naija descent, and well-travelled though. So, this isn't a regular trolling session. He's just asking some thought-provoking questions. Lol.
and they are thought provoking as you so eloquently put it. no one is taking the bait though lol cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 9:29am On Nov 07, 2022
Ifakiland:

Your papa die for Nigeria if you like....I no send you message
ahhh i understand your problem now . you are just a confused pesin . you started this thread saying how you were born confused lmaoooo grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5594597/no-longer-understand-life
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by Treadway: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
ahhh i understand your problem now . you are just a confused pesin . you started this thread saying how you were born confused lmaoooo grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5594597/no-longer-understand-life
very pathetic, weak-minded person. Imagine! He made a mistake. Simply admit, I made a mistake o...and prolly even continue with the argument. But no! They get defensive and show the most puerile display of wanton stupidity! Put these people in Washington DC they will still be monkeys, I swear down. People like this have very very very poor minds. Just say, I made a mistake Ifakiland, you won't die! Orisirisi eda lo wa o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by Treadway: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
and they are thought provoking as you so eloquently put it. no one is taking the bait though lol cheesy cheesy
they can't take the bait, cos they have closed minds. Uni-directional lots. Whenever I dive in with some folks here on Nairaland, it becomes very clear that these one will prolly never be able to have a PhD in those 'developed climes', they would even struggle with a MSc. To write a good/successful dissertation or do research work, you can't be unidirectional. Dem don use uni-directional thinking swear for some people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2022
Treadway:
they can't take the bait, cos they have closed minds. Uni-directional lots. Whenever I dive in with some folks here on Nairaland, it becomes very clear that these one will prolly never be able to have a PhD in those 'developed climes', they would even struggle with a MSc. To write a good/successful dissertation or do research work, you can't be unidirectional. Dem don use uni-directional thinking swear for some people.
you are very correct. i think the term ZOMBIE applies, but you know some people have to jump into that fire before they see that not all that glitters is gold
Re: If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa by sukkot: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2022
Treadway:
very pathetic, weak-minded person. Imagine! He made a mistake. Simply admit, I made a mistake o...and prolly even continue with the argument. But no! They get defensive and show the most peurile display of wanton stupidity! Put these people in Washington DC they will still be monkeys, I swear down. People like this have very very very poor minds. Just say, I made a mistake Ifakiland, you won't die! Orisirisi eda lo wa o.
grin grin grin grin you too funny. yeah FOOLISH PRIDE. its like something most nigerians have is that foolish pride. you will even see it being displayed in the lowest rung of society most especially. i encounter it everyday most especially amongst security guards here in nigeria. true story - am at a mall on admiralty way lekki called LENNOX. so i am just curiously peaking into every shop to see whats going on and what they are selling. you know maybe i can get enticed to buy something. na so the security guard of the mall walk up to me and said what are you doing here peaking into every shop like that ? i said is this not a public space ? i am looking at the shops to see what they are selling. he said, well you cant do that here. i said , i cant look at the wares the shops are selling ? i come say whats the name of your company and give me the phone number of your boss because i want to speak to him. they did not train you well. you are not properly trained. na so the guy dey buga up and down o no wan accept defeat but i could see that he is starting to understand that this guy no be ordinary person wey i fit just chance oooo. anyway cut long story short i pulled out my SIA badge ( i always walk around with all my UK documents at all times. its just a habit i have. passport bank cards etc etc ) which is the badge of security operatives in the UK because yes i have dabbled into security in the UK at a point in time, and showed the guy that you see this your job, we have done it in civilised countries and i am telling you that you are not trained well, so call your boss i want to speak to him. na so in shame the guy just disappear. i encounter especially these security guards with foolish pride who dont know anything but double down on their ignorance. same applies to almost everyone in naija

(1) (Reply)

UK Care Giver OR Study Visa? / What I Discovered About Benue (pic) / Another Student Visa In The House :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.