Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims (31792 Views)

Oyo Muslims Protest In Solidarity Rally With Palestinians / 6 Islamic Clerics Oppose Tinubu, Ask Muslims Not To Vote Him / Oyo Muslims Protest In Support Of Palestinians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by kafeii123: 6:22am On Jun 22, 2022
This man should have been incarcerated since..but nobody is paying him attention yet....give him a few more years and he'll start running sleeper cells for Islamic terrorist organisations in the south west.

He's dangerous both for sensible muslims as well as well meaning southwesterners...even traditionalists

1 Like

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Safyqueen: 6:35am On Jun 22, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

You are guilty of forwarding a FALSE EQUIVALENCE in your argument and logic! Dividing the Governors between North and South as if the whole Christian Middle Belt does not exist!

Look at the current administration and those who hold the most sensitive and powerful posts? Where are they from? Oh yes...from the Sharia core North also known as the true Arewa. THAT is the North you should be talking about. Leave the Christian Middle Belt out of that whole Northern nonsense!

The same way you do not expect Sokoto, Katsina or Kebbi to vote a Christian ticket--you should not expect the same from Benue, Taraba or Plateau to suddenly vote for Muslim ticket. The Middle Belt Christians have their own ethnicity, own language and own religion that is totlally different from whatever the people in Arewa have.

If you need more Governors...you can start subdividing your Sharia states to more as long as you can also fund them with your own resources.

Lets look at middle belt,

There are up to four LGAs in plateau state majorly Muslims , were they represented in the government? From governor, deputy, chief of staff, SSG, and so on.

What of Benue state, have you ever seen Muslims represented? No. Now the population of Muslims in Benue, plateau are more than that of the christains in Kwara, Kogi,Niger, but in this states, christains are always given the deputy governors.

During OBJ regime, all the ministers of the middle belt are all christains except El-Rufai. Infact except you are recommended from CAN, OBJ will not recognized you. CAN was proxy government during OBJ and GEJ regime where a Christian president will give private jet as birthday gift to a sitting CAN president. All this fact are there.

Anywhere or State christains are dominant with good number of Muslims, they take all.

Christains in the north are integral part of the society, they have their identity and well based, represented in the government, can you talk of that in other places where Muslims are serious minority? No.

The Boko Haram, bandits menaces, Fulani-farmers clashes in the north has devastated everywhere but my christain brothers are expecting bullets, bombs, attack & reprisal to discriminate with respect to religion before hitting target, is this not hypocrisy?

Therefore let stop ethno-religio-tribal egocentricity and bigotry. Everyone has his/her own way of viewing this country according to his/her choosen prism.
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Shevchenkko: 6:44am On Jun 22, 2022
Zandena:
May God bless Professor Akintola, the slayer of bigots, lunatics and fanatics!
MURIC is the most objective civil society organisation in Nigeria
folks like you are supposed to live in the cave.

2 Likes

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by NairaMaster1(m): 7:04am On Jun 22, 2022
goatandyam:
See the Werey above. Why can't you investigate yourself and tell us the truth. Oloriibu.

Useless muslim bastard.

You can as well get some c4 and strap it to your body and blow yourself up. Abi isn't that what your useless rapist prophet taught you?

Eranko gbogbo. Always looking for trouble where none exist. Dem swear for you people ni? Despite all your so called education, still no fuckkking common sense whatsoever.

Eranko gbogbo!!!! MUMURIC
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by NairaMaster1(m): 7:05am On Jun 22, 2022
Zandena:
May God bless Professor Akintola, the slayer of bigots, lunatics and fanatics!
MURIC is the most objective civil society organisation in Nigeria

The mother of all terrorists have spoken. All hail the religion of piss.

1 Like

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by yomi531(m): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2022
Is it good to wish someone death? Coz I feel dis mumuric deserves the worst
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by jamislaw(m): 7:24am On Jun 22, 2022
PlayerMeji:
MURIC, you are as mad as mad can be.
idiot do you even read?
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by swissgoldenpro2: 8:23am On Jun 22, 2022
Una don start
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by PlayerMeji: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2022
Going by your level of education, you should be knowledgeable enough to know what the truth is and support the truth irrespective of whose ox is gored.

APC is about to field a Muslim Muslim ticket and the same MURIC group is saying that there is nothing wrong with that yet a governor is changing a Muslim deputy for another Muslim deputy and MURIC is saying it is a ploy to change to a Christian deputy.

I don't gratify everyone with a reply here on NL but I saw that you are a learned fellow.

Lets not let sentiments becloud our rightful judgments.

Be guided!

jamislaw:
idiot do you even read?
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by snoopz: 8:44am On Jun 22, 2022
Na nigeria cause this mess, normal normal this man suppose don dey one cell cooling off, the new deputy go still be Muslim so wetin dey happen
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Abiscodi11: 8:55am On Jun 22, 2022
Religion will eventually k*ll this MURIC man, always talking from his Anus
powerfulguy:

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2022/06/impeachment-vote-out-makinde-in-2023.html?m=1
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BIGDADDY000(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Samunique:
So you're not going to take the way Makinde treats his Muslim deputy, but you're agitating and trying to force Muslim Muslim presidency on us in Nigeria . angry

This just a rifts between the governor and his deputy, you have started threatening fire and brimstone bcs of his deputy Muslim.

I have seen it all, about what Islam actually is, and represents from the Muslims wether pass or present, all I can say is that, Islam is intolerant, selfish and barbaric. And shouldn't have been part of modern civilization!!!
YOU ARE BLESS IN JESUS NAME,
especially, that man is a LUNATIC
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 9:31am On Jun 22, 2022
Samunique:
So you're not going to take the way Makinde treats his Muslim deputy, but you're agitating and trying to force Muslim Muslim presidency on us in Nigeria . angry

This just a rifts between the governor and his deputy, you have started threatening fire and brimstone bcs of his deputy Muslim.

I have seen it all, about what Islam actually is, and represents from the Muslims wether pass or present, all I can say is that, Islam is intolerant, selfish and barbaric. And shouldn't have been part of modern civilization!!!

I'll show you scripturally, where Jesus, Mary- His mother and the disciples pray like Muslim.
Jesus is but a true Muslim.
Meanwhile, your maggot-ridden mind wouldn't allow you to admit the truth.
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2022
goatandyam:
See the Werey above. Why can't you investigate yourself and tell us the truth. Oloriibu.

Useless muslim bastard.

You can as well get some c4 and strap it to your body and blow yourself up. Abi isn't that what your useless rapist prophet taught you?

Eranko gbogbo. Always looking for trouble where none exist. Dem swear for you people ni? Despite all your so called education, still no fuckkking common sense whatsoever.

Really, you're a goat that need a raw yam to satisfy his anguish.
We can't stop goat from braying, that's their natural way of expressing their mood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by J3susFr3ak: 9:46am On Jun 22, 2022
Safyqueen:

Lets look at middle belt,

There are up to four LGAs in plateau state majorly Muslims , were they represented in the government? From governor, deputy, chief of staff, SSG, and so on.

What of Benue state, have you ever seen Muslims represented? No. Now the population of Muslims in Benue, plateau are more than that of the christains in Kwara, Kogi,Niger, but in this states, christains are always given the deputy governors.

During OBJ regime, all the ministers of the middle belt are all christains except El-Rufai. Infact except you are recommended from CAN, OBJ will not recognized you. CAN was proxy government during OBJ and GEJ regime where a Christian president will give private jet as birthday gift to a sitting CAN president. All this fact are there.

Anywhere or State christains are dominant with good number of Muslims, they take all.

Christains in the north are integral part of the society, they have their identity and well based, represented in the government, can you talk of that in other places where Muslims are serious minority? No.

The Boko Haram, bandits menaces, Fulani-farmers clashes in the north has devastated everywhere but my christain brothers are expecting bullets, bombs, attack & reprisal to discriminate with respect to religion before hitting target, is this not hypocrisy?

Therefore let stop ethno-religio-tribal egocentricity and bigotry. Everyone has his/her own way of viewing this country according to his/her choosen prism.

When talking about Christians in Middle Belt states like Benue, Plateau, Taraba etc., do not make the mistake of mixing up the older native population who whose ancestors were there hundreds of years ago--with the recent Hausa Fulani migrant settlers who just moved there because of colonial activities.

In this regard, do not dare include any part of Jos (North, South East or West) to belong to any recent Muslim migrant settler. Two hundred years ago when there was no Arewa vagabond settler those places had their original native names with defined villages and boundaries. Trying to use the One Nigeria nonsense to FORCE yourselves onto another person's land is absolute daylight robbery and warrants a forceful rejection of this clear abomination. Will the Hausa-Fulani Muslims in Sabon Gari with the millions of Igbos and Southerners settling there allow them to even win and control that LGA area too? Is it not an ABOMINATION to the Muslims if that ever happens? The same way the indigenous people of Jos, Benue and other core Middle Belt areas see their land and state--a land dedicated to Christ...just the way you are free dedicate Kano or Sokoto to your own god or whatever. As far as I am concerned--only Kanam and parts of Wase LGAs has a native population which later turned to be Muslims due to some contact with Hausa traders (which means just two LGAs) but even their population is not enough to wield any political influence without the devilish exploitation of the intrusive Hausa Fulani settlers. The majority of the other LGAs proudly and roundly rejected Islam even before the white Europeans finally penetrated their lands.

Besides In Kogi state I did an analysis of Christians there....they are not settlers but completely INDIGENOUS to Kogi...and are more like 60 to 65 percent of the population of Kogi. Even Nassarawa has a majority Christian population that are mostly rural---they only need to be more organized and united in getting their political acts together.

Keep your Muslim Muslim nonsense to your Sharia Arewa states. If you settle elsewhere in the Christian Middle Belt--respect your Christian hosts and mind your own business.

2 Likes

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Samunique(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2022
BnQoyyim:

I'll show you scripturally, where Jesus, Mary- His mother and the disciples pray like Muslim.
Jesus is but a true Muslim.
Meanwhile, your maggot-ridden mind wouldn't allow you to admit the truth.
Pls show me I'm waiting !

Meanwhile, remember to add where Jesus and his mother performed ablution, faced the Kabah or the east, then recited Shahada ( Muslims' statement of faith ) and don't forget to show me where Allah asks Muslims to pray five times in your Qur'an !

I'm waiting for your answers.

3 Likes

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by deeva2: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2022
This man again..
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by isaiahethan: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2022
Christistruth00:

MURIC has been doing everything to promote Religious unrest in the SW and Kwara and needs to be investigated thoroughly for links to Foreign extremist Organisations

He is a Terrorist
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by GCFR: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2022
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2022
Samunique:

Meanwhile, remember to add where Jesus and his mother performed ablution, faced the Kabah or the east, then recited Shahada ( Muslims' statement of faith ) and don't forget to show me where Allah asks Muslims to pray five times in your Qur'an !

And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..." (Matthew 26:39)

"And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship..." (Joshua 5:14)

"And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces…" (Numbers 20:6)

"And Abraham fell on his face..." (Genesis 17:3)

"…and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God." (Revelation 7:11)

"…then they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground." (Nehemiah 8:6)

"…Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces." (1 Chronicles 21:16)

In many others places in the Bible where we find the method of prayer mentioned, it calls to mind the way Muslims pray. In the Bible book entitled Daniel we are able to read a description of Daniel praying to God in a time of great crisis.

"Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2022
Samunique:

Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did a foretime." (Daniel 6:10)

It is interesting to note that Prophet Daniel prayed towards Jerusalem. In the early days of Prophet Mohammad’s mission the faithful also prayed towards Jerusalem. However the Muslim direction of prayer changed. About sixteen months after Prophet Muhammad and his followers migrated from Mecca to the city of Medina the direction was changed to facing the sacred House of God in Mecca.

Descriptions of the positions Muslims adopt in the five ritual prayers per day can be found throughout the Bible. Many are mentioned in the book of Psalms.

"Stand in awe, and sin not."(Psalms 4:4)

"O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." (Psalms 95:6)

"…all that go down to the dust shall bow before him…" (Psalms 22:29)

And in the book of Kings we find Prophet Elijah casting himself upon the earth in the position of kneeling before touching the forehead to the ground.

"…and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees." (1 Kings 18:42)

This is a position very familiar to Muslims. So too is the position Jesus adopts during prayer in a moment of fear and uncertainty.

"And he (Jesus) was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed." (Luke 22:41)

Even though the Jews and Christians today do not pray as we read in the Bible, Muslims continue to pray in a similar way to the prophets, as intended by the Creator of the heavens and the earth.
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Samunique(m): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2022
BnQoyyim:

And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..." (Matthew 26:39)

"And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship..." (Joshua 5:14)

"And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces…" (Numbers 20:6)

"And Abraham fell on his face..." (Genesis 17:3)

"…and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God." (Revelation 7:11)

"…then they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground." (Nehemiah 8:6)

"…Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces." (1 Chronicles 21:16)

In many others places in the Bible where we find the method of prayer mentioned, it calls to mind the way Muslims pray. In the Bible book entitled Daniel we are able to read a description of Daniel praying to God in a time of great crisis.

"Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber
Look at the rubbish you write here !

So praying while placing face on the ground is what makes one a Muslim?

You must be a joker ! undecided

If that's all that it takes to be a Muslim then Islam is a joke.

Even the pagan who worship ogun, shango etc do the same thing whenever their they pouring drinks and colanut.

Meanwhile, do Muslims pray without ablution ?

Pls go back to my post and answer my remaining questions.

2 Likes

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by J3susFr3ak: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2022
BnQoyyim:

Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did a foretime." (Daniel 6:10)

It is interesting to note that Prophet Daniel prayed towards Jerusalem. In the early days of Prophet Mohammad’s mission the faithful also prayed towards Jerusalem. However the Muslim direction of prayer changed. About sixteen months after Prophet Muhammad and his followers migrated from Mecca to the city of Medina the direction was changed to facing the sacred House of God in Mecca.

Descriptions of the positions Muslims adopt in the five ritual prayers per day can be found throughout the Bible. Many are mentioned in the book of Psalms.

"Stand in awe, and sin not."(Psalms 4:4)

"O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." (Psalms 95:6)

"…all that go down to the dust shall bow before him…" (Psalms 22:29)

And in the book of Kings we find Prophet Elijah casting himself upon the earth in the position of kneeling before touching the forehead to the ground.

"…and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees." (1 Kings 18:42)

This is a position very familiar to Muslims. So too is the position Jesus adopts during prayer in a moment of fear and uncertainty.

"And he (Jesus) was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed." (Luke 22:41)

Even though the Jews and Christians today do not pray as we read in the Bible, Muslims continue to pray in a similar way to the prophets, as intended by the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

The Muslims borrowed their bowing from the Jews...but even within Judaism the types of prostrations that existed or were permitted by the Rabbis and their Talmud was/is radically different from whatever the Muslims are doing today. Older Christian traditions like the Eastern Orthodox Church would prostrate by lying flat and face down on the ground during certain significant days and ceremonies....the way some Jews might still prostrate the same way in certain traditions by also lying face down with face down on the day of Atonement and other solemn festivals.

But the real reason Jesus Christ came to overturn these types of empty traditions was also because of the fact that many sanctimonious people like the Pharisees keyed into these types of outward gestures of prayer as a means to derive public respect while being rotten people secretly. The Christian God is not impressed by your acts of "bowing down" gymnastics while your heart is still heavily chained and influenced by SIN.

And the Lord said:
“Because this people draw near with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
while their hearts are far from me,
and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men,
Isaiah 29:13

And they come to you as people come, and they sit before you as my people, and they hear what you say but they will not do it; for with lustful talk in their mouths they act; their heart is set on their gain.
Ezekiel 33:31

You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”
Matthew 15:7–9

And this is why Jesus emphasized to the Samaritan woman by the well that time of ritualistic worship traditions and gestures was OVER!: "You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” --John 4: 22-24

And this is why Christians are encouraged use the freedom Jesus Christ has given them by His Death and Resurrection of the Cross to LIFT UP HOLY HANDS TO GOD TO THE HEAVENS! --" In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy." -- 1 Timothy 2:8

And why is that? It is because the bowing down and prostration practiced by some of the Jewish patriarchs in the Old Testament reflected their whole approach to God as the fearful LAWGIVER and JUDGE not as free children but as trembling bond servant still under the harsh tutelage of the law or Jewish Torah. This was reflected by the very fearful and terrifying presence of God in His fire and glory on Mount Sinai.....the Jews even when encouraged to join Moses up on the Mount Sinai to commune with God...were all afraid. The core of the relationship then was rooted in FEAR. So they bowed....but this act of bowing did not remove the rebellion in their hearts to still sin and demand that Aaron carve out a new god out of gold and silver...when Moses took too long on the Mountain.

This is why our Scripture says: "You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; 19to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, because they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”

But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. -- Hebrews 4: 18 -24

Because of the freedom true Christians have found in the very Person and work of Jesus Christ...we are no longer trembling in fear before the old Mount Sinai like the old Jews. No. We have a new Mountain which is no longer the mountain of fear. But the Mountain of Joy....Mount Zion...where we lift up Holy hands to God with a clean conscience like children to a Father.

Yes...you would see some Christians occasionally under the heavy BURDEN of the Holy Spirit sometimes lie face down on the ground as they pray. But this is not a forced rule to all and is only based on how the Holy Spirit moved the particular person under the heavy burden. (the reason why Jesus fell to the ground and prayed heavily in the Garden of Gethsemane was not because he was following some ancient bowing ritual....it was simply because of the very WEIGHT and BURDEN of the task (or as he says "cup"wink ahead for Him as He now faced torture and eventual death on the cross. The prayer was to destroy every internal impulse or desire to shrink away from carrying that Holy duty to die for mankind's sins. Christians today who might be overwhelmed with a holy burden to pray would also sometimes fall with their faces to the ground....but not because they are doing a particular ritual or forced to by some tradition. Christ came to abolish dead rituals....and urge us to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit even in worship. So yes....those under a burden who may sometimes go on a whole prostration to the ground is not because of some forced mechanical motion or position just simply to obey rules or regulations without any bearing on the core intent or content of the heart. What occupies the heart does matter. If the heart is not bowed FIRST to God by the Holy Spirit....any other physical bowing is just a waste of time.

Jesus has the final Word for us on how to worship God. "Why call ye me Lord Lord and do not the things which I tell you?" Luke 6:46

3 Likes

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by seunak2016: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2022
Osaze007:

Remember ajimobi destroyed the radio station of a pastor ayefele
Imagine if Makinde destroys the radio station of an Islamic cleric
don't mind those stupid muric, they are one of the problem we have in the country
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2022
Samunique:
Look at the rubbish you write here !

So praying while placing face on the ground is what makes one a Muslim?

You must be a joker ! undecided

If that's all that it takes to be a Muslim then Islam is a joke.

Even the pagan who worship ogun, shango etc do the same thing whenever their they pouring drinks and colanut.

Meanwhile, do Muslims pray without ablution ?

Pls go back to my post and answer my remaining questions.

Ablution in the bible
31. And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet: When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses.
(Exodus 40:31-32)

Nehemiah 8:6
Ezra praised the LORD, the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, “Amen! Amen!” Then they bowed down and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
Argue reasonably and scripturally with your thumb and stop dodging, okay.

FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM IN THE BIBLE.
1-(DECLARATION OF FAITH).
Mark 12:29.
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the
commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord
our God is one Lord:
2-(PRAYER).
Matthew 26:39.
...And he went a little farther, and fell on his
face, and prayed,.
3-(ALMS).
Hebrews 10:24.
...And let us consider how we may spur one
another on toward love and good deeds,
4-(FASTING).
Matthew 4:2
After fasting forty days and forty nights, he
was hungry.
5-(PILGRIMAGE)
PSALMS 84:5-6
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

The Muslims borrowed their bowing from the Jews...but even within Judaism the types of prostrations that existed or were permitted by the Rabbis and their Talmud was/is radically different from whatever the Muslims are doing today. Older Christian traditions like the Eastern Orthodox Church would prostrate by lying flat and face down on the ground during certain significant days and ceremonies....the way some Jews might still prostrate the same way in certain traditions by also lying face down with face down on the day of Atonement and other solemn festivals.

But the real reason Jesus Christ came to overturn these types of empty traditions was also because of the fact that many sanctimonious people like the Pharisees keyed into these types of outward gestures of prayer as a means to derive public respect while being rotten people secretly. The Christian God is not impressed by your acts of "bowing down" gymnastics while your heart is still heavily chained and influenced by SIN.

And the Lord said:

And they come to you as people come, and they sit before you as my people, and they hear what you say but they will not do it; for with lustful talk in their mouths they act; their heart is set on their gain.

And this is why Jesus emphasized to the Samaritan woman by the well that time of ritualistic worship traditions and gestures was OVER!: "You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” --John 4: 22-24

And this is why Christians are encouraged use the freedom Jesus Christ has given them by His Death and Resurrection of the Cross to LIFT UP HOLY HANDS TO GOD TO THE HEAVENS! --" In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy." -- 1 Timothy 2:8

And why is that? It is because the bowing down and prostration practiced by some of the Jewish patriarchs in the Old Testament reflected their whole approach to God as the fearful LAWGIVER and JUDGE not as free children but as trembling bond servant still under the harsh tutelage of the law or Jewish Torah. This was reflected by the very fearful and terrifying presence of God in His fire and glory on Mount Sinai.....the Jews even when encouraged to join Moses up on the Mount Sinai to commune with God...were all afraid. The core of the relationship then was rooted in FEAR. So they bowed....but this act of bowing did not remove the rebellion in their hearts to still sin and demand that Aaron carve out a new god out of gold and silver...when Moses took too long on the Mountain.

This is why our Scripture says: "You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; 19to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, because they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”

But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. -- Hebrews 4: 18 -24

Because of the freedom true Christians have found in the very Person and work of Jesus Christ...we are no longer trembling in fear before the old Mount Sinai like the old Jews. No. We have a new Mountain which is no longer the mountain of fear. But the Mountain of Joy....Mount Zion...where we lift up Holy hands to God with a clean conscience like children to a Father.

Yes...you would see some Christians occasionally under the heavy BURDEN of the Holy Spirit sometimes lie face down on the ground as they pray. But this is not a forced rule to all and is only based on how the Holy Spirit moved the particular person under the heavy burden. (the reason why Jesus fell to the ground and prayed heavily in the Garden of Gethsemane was not because he was following some ancient bowing ritual....it was simply because of the very WEIGHT and BURDEN of the task (or as he says "cup"wink ahead for Him as He now faced torture and eventual death on the cross. The prayer was to destroy every internal impulse or desire to shrink away from carrying that Holy duty to die for mankind's sins. Christians today who might be overwhelmed with a holy burden to pray would also sometimes fall with their faces to the ground....but not because they are doing a particular ritual or forced to by some tradition. Christ came to abolish dead rituals....and urge us to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit even in worship. So yes....those under a burden who may sometimes go on a whole prostration to the ground is not because of some forced mechanical motion or position just simply to obey rules or regulations without any bearing on the core intent or content of the heart. What occupies the heart does matter. If the heart is not bowed FIRST to God by the Holy Spirit....any other physical bowing is just a waste of time.

Jesus has the final Word for us on how to worship God. "Why call ye me Lord Lord and do not the things which I tell you?" Luke 6:46

"But the real reason Jesus Christ came to overturn these types of empty traditions"

Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”).
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
[quote author=J3susFr3ak post=114044923]

And the Lord said:

[/qu

QURAN AND MODERN DAY SCIENCE
1- End of the Universe 21:105
2-Big bang theory- 21:31
3-The expansion of the universe 51:48
4-Extra terrestrial life-42:30
5-Embryology-23:13-15
6-Geology-78:7-8, 27:89
7-Mountain and Earthquake- 31:11
8-Tectonic Plate- 50-8

This book is far from been barbaric.
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Osaze007: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
snoopz:
Na nigeria cause this mess, normal normal this man suppose don dey one cell cooling off, the new deputy go still be Muslim so wetin dey happen

If Tinubu can float Muslim Muslim why can’t Makinde float Christian Christian
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by hero2000: 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
subsidywise18:
Like CAN, like Muric.

The only surprise is that MURIC is now making the call.

If CAN can speak against Muslim-muslim tickets, so also Muric against chrtistian-christian tickets.

By the way, both organizations are not right. They should be telling us to judge candidates by their ability. But this is Nigeria. People do not look to candidates for development, they look to candidates to get a job, a lucrative job in government, or to get some gofment chopping.

It shows that you don't understand this write up.

MURIC claim is just a smokescreen. Has Makinde even shown he wants to appoint a christian deputy?

MURIC is APC religious organization. Anything to get Makinde (PDP) out is ok by them.

1 Like

Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
hero2000:

It shows that you don't understand this write up.

MURIC claim is just a smokescreen. Has Makinde even shown he wants to appoint a christian deputy?

MURIC is APC religious organization. Anything to get Makinde (PDP) out is ok by them.

No, I fully do.

MURIC calling for Muslim muslim ticket and for voting out a Christian is EXACTLY what I would expect an organization like MURIC to do...whatever Makinde does.
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Cromagnon: 5:25am On Jun 23, 2022
Osaze007:

When Christians seize power in Lagos don’t cry simple
When?
How?
Sorry to break it to you but Christians are not serious about politics. And even if they were not till tinubu dies or is invalid
Re: Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims by Osaze007: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Cromagnon:

When?
How?
Sorry to break it to you but Christians are not serious about politics. And even if they were not till tinubu dies or is invalid

Don’t cry victim when they become serious

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Herdsmen Werent Labelled Terrorists, They Are Criminals Unlike IPOB- Garba Shehu / The Other Side Of Yahaya Bello As Governor Of Kogi State / Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.