Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (37944 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by BlueMagic2(m): 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2011
Come to think of it if Anerica is worse off than Nigeria why is $1 exchanging for about #160? Beats me. & Nigeria is the 9th Producer of crude oil in d world. I wonder
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by brostommy: 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
I believe we should stop cursing one another because of the given topics. We are learning from one another opinion. To be frank, U.S is far better than Nigeria for living. Here in U.S, nobody can violate your human right unlike Nigeria where soldiers, police-men, and influential people will beat you up and lock you in. Nigeria needs to learn a lot from the U.S. How many of the poor can drag a Nigerian Senator into a court  and win the case for violating your right? It happens in the U.S. No politicians or rich people  like to stay in the U.S  because they are not recognized by court or police if they commit offence. I argue bitterly with soldiers here, can you argue with a Nigerian soldiers without getting beaten up or killed? Law is supreme here, but it is not supreme in Nigeria. I am very sure that nobody will reject American visa if he or she is offered a U.S visa. There is no freedom of speech in Nigeria. Can you attack Nigerian president on his comment publicly without getting arrested? I can attack Obama on his comment in public, and he cannot arrest me. Can police arrest  soldiers in Nigeria for civil offences? The U.S police can arrest U.S soldiers and lock them in. In the U.S, nobody- rich or inflential people- can oppress you. There is too much oppression in Nigeria. It is  very hard to convince you- guys; but if you have the opportunity to come to the U.S, you learn the differences and you will hate Nigeria. Are you secured in Nigeria? How many of you - guys, if you are Yoruba, can travel to Borno or Maduguiry State to spend two weeks. The U.S is good, I just spent 5 years in the U.S, I have a two-flat building  cost me 10 million naira and 2004 CRV in Nigeria; and I graduated in 2006 and I am 28 years old. I am proud of doing my menial or dirty job because I achieve from it. If I am a slave in the U.S achieving these, I prefer it  to being a king in Nigeria renting a room and riding an Okada.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
dayokanu:

What a policeman did to a bus driver for refusing him N20

www.nairaland.com/attachments/302194_bus_dr_jpgf093bcef81eb6c5e9154debb0e1abda1

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-486794.0.html

naija is definitely a great place for homicidal policemen

the only country where you hear of accidental discharge, wandering ,
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Natasha2(f): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2011
^omg wtf sad sad I'm speechless
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by jonyjay(m): 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
brostommy:

I believe we should stop cursing one another because of the given topics. We are learning from one another opinion. To be frank, U.S is far better than Nigeria for living. Here in U.S, nobody can violate your human right unlike Nigeria where soldiers, police-men, and influential people will beat you up and lock you in. Nigeria needs to learn a lot from the U.S. How many of the poor can drag a Nigerian Senator into a court and win the case for violating your right? It happens in the U.S. No politicians or rich people like to stay in the U.S because they are not recognized by court or police if they commit offence. I argue bitterly with soldiers here, can you argue with a Nigerian soldiers without getting beaten up or killed? Law is supreme here, but it is not supreme in Nigeria. I am very sure that nobody will reject American visa if he or she is offered a U.S visa. There is no freedom of speech in Nigeria. Can you attack Nigerian president on his comment publicly without getting arrested? I can attack Obama on his comment in public, and he cannot arrest me. Can police arrest soldiers in Nigeria for civil offences? The U.S police can arrest U.S soldiers and lock them in. In the U.S, nobody- rich or inflential people- can oppress you. There is too much oppression in Nigeria. It is very hard to convince you- guys; but if you have the opportunity to come to the U.S, you learn the differences and you will hate Nigeria. Are you secured in Nigeria? How many of you - guys, if you are Yoruba, can travel to Borno or Maduguiry State to spend two weeks. The U.S is good, I just spent 5 years in the U.S, I have a two-flat building cost me 10 million naira and 2004 CRV in Nigeria; and I graduated in 2006 and I am 28 years old. I am proud of doing my menial or dirty job because I achieve from it. If I am a slave in the U.S achieving these, I prefer it to being a king in Nigeria renting a room and riding an Okada.

You hit the main point. I cant say it any better.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by 4Play(m): 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
What a wonderful country.

LAGOS — Nigerian security forces killed at least 23 people after a bomb blast blamed on Islamists over the weekend, allegedly randomly shooting and burning a market, Amnesty International said on Monday.

The allegations were the latest against Nigerian security forces operating in the northeastern city of Maiduguri, which has been hit by scores of bomb blasts and gun attacks blamed on an Islamist sect known as Boko Haram.

"The Nigerian authorities must immediately put a stop to unlawful killings by security forces," the rights group said in a statement.

", At least 23 people were killed by police following a bomb blast on Saturday in the northeastern city of Maiduguri."

Amnesty said the Joint Military Task Force, assigned to Maiduguri to deal with the wave of attacks, responded to the bomb blast with heavy force. The military has said the blast wounded three soldiers.

"According to reports received by Amnesty International, the Nigerian Joint Military Task Force responded by shooting and killing a number of people, apparently at random, before burning down the market," it said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ifSqE_f1gdpHIqT9e0I_urvL9BPQ?docId=CNG.643344498e2f2a59f170cf3592a94df0.621
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2bMwsF9qp8&feature=player_detailpage

SAN FRANCISCO POLICE MURDER ANOTHER UNARMED BLACK YOUTH

San Francisco Police Kill A Teenage Man After Shooting Him 5 Times In Back And While Laying Face Down On The Street After Chasing Him Down For Not Paying $2 Bus Fare!

Another splendid example of the American police state. Three different videos report to capture the aftermath of the police brutality.

San Fransisco Police Shoot Man Laying Down In Street 5 Times Over Non-Paid Bus Fare
The videos below reportedly show the San Francisco police shooting a non-resisting man in back and while laying face down in the street. The teenager in the video was lethal wounded after being shot 5 times after the police reportedly chased him down for not paying a $2 bus fare.

The Police claim this man had a gun which still has not been found and eyewitnesses at the scene say the official story coming from the police is full of lies.

Second video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeDgnP_u0p8

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/crime/2011/07/san-francisco-police-data-show-
THIS MAN WAS UNARMED THE ENTIRE TIME FROM START TO FINISH

Black people are treated like trash in the USA. EVERYDAY.

Seriously, Ameria is on it's last legs. Owes China more than $1TRILLION in debt. SERIOUSLY F.UCKED UP COUNTRY. But if it makes you feel better for to always come to Nairaland and bleep about how "great" your life is in that hell,  Be my guest.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 1:10am On Jul 26, 2011
My-Key:

San Francisco Police Kill A Teenage Man After Shooting Him 5 Times In Back And While Laying Face Down On The Street After Chasing Him Down For Not Paying $2 Bus Fare!

Another splendid example of the American police state. Three different videos report to capture the aftermath of the police brutality.

San Fransisco Police Shoot Man Laying Down In Street 5 Times Over Non-Paid Bus Fare
The videos below reportedly show the San Francisco police shooting a non-resisting man in back and while laying face down in the street. The teenager in the video was lethal wounded after being shot 5 times after the police reportedly chased him down for not paying a $2 bus fare.

The Police claim this man had a gun which still has not been found and eyewitnesses at the scene say the official story coming from the police is full of lies.

Second video:

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/crime/2011/07/san-francisco-police-data-show-

Black people are treated like trash in the USA. EVERYDAY.

Seriously, Ameria is on it's last legs. Owes China more than $1TRILLION in debt. SERIOUSLY F.UCKED UP COUNTRY. But if it makes you feel better for to always come to Nairaland and bleep about how "great" your life is in that hell, Be my guest.

And your point is?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 26, 2011
Outstrip:

And your point is?

If you don't get it, you prolly never will, mate.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Jul 26, 2011
Outstrip:

You are on point. People make their own lives complicated. Most people live in homes they cannot afford (americans included) and drive cars no have no business buying. People act like you are forced to get into debt. I worked through school so my student loans were not that much. I made the mistake everybody tends to make and racke dup credit card bills and I worked very hard to pay them off. Do not spend what you do not have. It is that simple. My first house was also a condo/townhouse and I paid cash for it. It was not expensive and it had everything I eeded. i was not married then. It's all about living within your means and if you want to spend more you simply make more. The idea that you have to work just to keep up with debt might be true but it is the debt that you chose to create. In rare cases people rack up medical debt but that is the only debt that makes sense in terms of having to file for bankruptcy.

No mind these IRRESPONSIBLE beings here who come over to america to live on Credit cards and above their means, then turn around and blame it on America. . . as if dem force them. What happened to RENTING if you cannot afford to buy? Do they also need LOANS to pay rent??

I am with you . . . I had a friend, who on a mere CNA salary was able to buy his first house cash down out in Newjersey. He knew he could not afford NY and he knew it would be senseless for him to live above his means but he wanted to buy a house so he went down to Jersey to buy.

I can't believe someone even posits that inability to pay back loan is sensible argument against Nigeria. Most of these things would not even be offered a loan even if their lives depended on it, had they been in Nigeria. But they get the chance and instead of using it wisely, most of these misuse and then blame the system for allowing them that opportunity. I am so pissed that someone would even argue the way some of these have so far.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 2:56am On Jul 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

No mind these IRRESPONSIBLE beings here who come over to america to live on Credit cards and above their means, then turn around and blame it on America. . . as if dem force them. What happened to RENTING if you cannot afford to buy? Do they also need LOANS to pay rent??

I am with you . . . I had a friend, who on a mere CNA salary was able to buy his first house cash down out in Newjersey. He knew he could not afford NY and he knew it would be senseless for him to live above his means but he wanted to buy a house so he went down to Jersey to buy.

I can't believe someone even posits that inability to pay back loan is sensible argument against Nigeria. Most of these things would not even be offered a loan even if their lives depended on it, had they been in Nigeria. But they get the chance and instead of using it wisely, most of these misuse and then blame the system for allowing them that opportunity. I am so pissed that someone would even argue the way some of these have so far.

You know, youre replies arent needed. If someone fields an opinion thats different from yours just respect it. No need to blow steam and derail a thread by insults.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:13am On Jul 26, 2011
^^^  You are seriously telling me to respect baseless positions, and known/easily verifiable false claims Are you kidding me?? I suggest you ignore you in much the same way I have chosen to ignore you for pages now . . . .HAHAHAHAA
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 3:20am On Jul 26, 2011
How does another human beings opinion bother you? Does it prevent you from breathing? Every person is entitled to his or her own opinion.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:24am On Jul 26, 2011
I think you should learn to read.  An outright LIE or BIASED POINT is not an Opinion but a lie told.

And no, this is an open forum . . . were we are free to CHALLENGE lies told by you or anyone else. If you afraid to have your lies challenged then stop LYING . . . its really that simple!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 3:24am On Jul 26, 2011
odumchi:

You know, youre replies arent needed. If someone fields an opinion thats different from yours just respect it. No need to blow steam and derail a thread by insults.

Dude, why are you wasting your time on this woman, she always knows someone who has done something, or has a family or one thing or the other. Please leave her alone, she has her history.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by honeric01(m): 3:27am On Jul 26, 2011
America is about to default and the free checks about to stop

Madingo, hope you're seeing whats going on in the US? grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 3:32am On Jul 26, 2011
honeric01:

America is about to default and the free checks about to stop

Madingo, hope you're seeing whats going on in the US? grin

America will not default; congress will reach a deal. Besides, the federal reserve has back up emergency plan to release funds to the govt so I guess for the mean more checks for LAZY fools who don't wanna work and depend on Social Security and Food Stamp
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:52am On Jul 26, 2011
we don't need to be cursing one another , i believe we all have diff ideas which we shld all respect , we can't reason the same way

in the olden days it was compulsory slave trade parade , but these days na voluntary
nobody forced anyone to come here so if u re tired u have a choice to go back home
Americans have thier own problems and my naija has her own too , it took them years to get to where they re today
And even with those American problems thier real citizens re still proud of their country , East or west , north or south home is home jooo
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by BlueMagic2(m): 6:35am On Jul 26, 2011
brostommy:

I believe we should stop cursing one another because of the given topics. We are learning from one another opinion. To be frank, U.S is far better than Nigeria for living. Here in U.S, nobody can violate your human right unlike Nigeria where soldiers, police-men, and influential people will beat you up and lock you in. Nigeria needs to learn a lot from the U.S. How many of the poor can drag a Nigerian Senator into a court  and win the case for violating your right? It happens in the U.S. No politicians or rich people  like to stay in the U.S  because they are not recognized by court or police if they commit offence. I argue bitterly with soldiers here, can you argue with a Nigerian soldiers without getting beaten up or killed? Law is supreme here, but it is not supreme in Nigeria. I am very sure that nobody will reject American visa if he or she is offered a U.S visa. There is no freedom of speech in Nigeria. Can you attack Nigerian president on his comment publicly without getting arrested? I can attack Obama on his comment in public, and he cannot arrest me. Can police arrest  soldiers in Nigeria for civil offences? The U.S police can arrest U.S soldiers and lock them in. In the U.S, nobody- rich or inflential people- can oppress you. There is too much oppression in Nigeria. It is  very hard to convince you- guys; but if you have the opportunity to come to the U.S, you learn the differences and you will hate Nigeria. Are you secured in Nigeria? How many of you - guys, if you are Yoruba, can travel to Borno or Maduguiry State to spend two weeks. The U.S is good, I just spent 5 years in the U.S, I have a two-flat building  cost me 10 million naira and 2004 CRV in Nigeria; and I graduated in 2006 and I am 28 years old. I am proud of doing my menial or dirty job because I achieve from it. If I am a slave in the U.S achieving these, I prefer it  to being a king in Nigeria renting a room and riding an Okada.
@ brostommy. U cldn't ave summed it better.Enuff said
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 7:22am On Jul 26, 2011
It all depends on who you are, what you want and your earthly goals. I cant even think of living outside naija other than vac. Most people out there have lost contact with life and still think of the hype or gloating of living in yankee. I have a job, pay my bills, seek for best medic, support my extended family, change my ride and LIVE freely. . .I only wish of bolting out when there was little info about those living in yankee until i had the opportunity of travelling out. One of my uncle that left the shore since 80's was still struggling to dispatch mail. He cant come cos ALL those he left behind are doing far far better(particular scenario). America is far better than Naija agreed. . .But i will never stay there more than my visiting VISA. No thanks i like the sound of the generating sets and the sight of horrible looking police. . .All thats matter is how many figures your account is. IMO
Say hi to uncle sam grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2011
My-Key:

Second video:

we all remember rodney king, amadu diallo, and the consequences to the police. in nigeria , the camera man would have been killed or at best paraded as an armed robber.

this morning, i missed my flight to ph because, even though i was out of the house for 5.30, three trailers had fallen at different parts of my route on apapa oshodi exxpressway

it was a nigthmare driving through the road and i was cursing the idiotic bastids running this country every step of the way.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by honeric01(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2011
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 26, 2011
^^^^

at least america has something to show for its debt

we have NOTHING to show for our debt, bonds, and revenue - other that million dollar houses that our leaders bought in the us.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2011
home is where your heart is. thats all that matters. home is where you feel more confident and more in tuned with the total populace. if thats yankee. well more power to you. if thats naija, well more power to you too. me myself ? i think both places suck equally. so based on that i will pick the place that sucks where i am more comfortable. this will be naija, if i had to choose grin america sucks goat nuts. naija sucks ewure nuts. now if you want to talk of nice places to live ? try england. best place in the world mate. cheers mate grin in england the sky is the limit to your success. alright luv
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by honeric01(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2011
oyb:

^^^^

at least america has something to show for its debt

we have NOTHING to show for our debt, bonds, and revenue - other that million dollar houses that our leaders bought in the us.

Well me no dey compare for here o, me just dey tell una something thats going on in the US.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
honeric01:

@Manny4life

While they keep talking and making noise, the impact is being felt worldwide already.

http://news.yahoo.com/asia-shares-no-signs-panic-over-u-debt-060530055.html

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-halt-3-ring-circus-avert-us-default-021039851.html

Impact or not, America hasn't slid into default yet until August 2nd although I do acknowledge that the dollar is gradually losing its value but it will rebound back sooner or later. My opinion is why don't the U.S. reduce the value of its currency, that will make other countries will cry for help while seeking another platform for trade, America will return to its former glory; manufacturing for cheap. However, trust me America will not default and Fed Reserve last week assured the nation and financial markets that it has set aside billions of dollars to buy Treasury bonds from the U.S. govt to pay its bills although this will be a temporary measure that will allow congress to act within that time period.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by honeric01(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^^

Power they say intoxicates, they fear losing their relevance once dollar loses its value, there's power in the purchasing power of your currency, if dollar loses its value and another currency is picked up as official currency, then both the military and economic might of the US gets affected negatively.

China is bitchslapping them here and there, same with KSA.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by pynkspyce: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
the op sounds like someone that has never been to america.

how do you compare one of the most developed countries in the world to one of the least developed? Sentiments apart.

Cultural dilution happens everywhere, come to Lagos, there are many Yoruba kids that dont know didly squat, so lets cut the crap.

Call a spade a spade
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by tiebe: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2012
oyb: yeah

i bet in america nothing works and everyone is his own local government

i bet in america middle class peeps have 3 generators , suvs for bad roads, borehole, water treatment plant, security

i bet everyone in us lives in fear of sarmed robbers, kidnappers, fraud in your local bank

i bet everyone in america sees the police as predators

things cost more in us - wetin man no go hear -

I love this one! i usually hear people abroad complaining bout how horrible it is abroad. then pack your load and come na. mba o!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by afrodiva: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2012
odumchi:

How are you so sure that Ive never been to America or that I am not IN America?
1. 50k-200k cannot buy you a decent home in America. A four bedroom single family house costs anywhere from 500k-1million USD you will be lucky to find it for 400k. With 150k you can purchase a two bedroom condo or a multi family building. Mansions are millions of dollars.
2. I am not talking about the majority of America, I am talking about Nigerian immigrants who go to America.
3. Why are you contempt in being in debt? Debt  is the chain that ties you down.
4. To your statement about cars, you clearly do not understand automobiles or pricing for that matter. Take for example a 2002 Mercedez Benz C class. In the US this car would be atleast 15k (N2.4M) While in Nigeria, this car can be N2.0M or less. American car brands arent popular in Nigeria, so please keep them out of the equation. Asian and European cars are cheaper in Africa since most of them are accidented or imported and their prices are slightly lower as compared to their American-bound models in order to appeal to a "middle class" Nigerian population. Please research information before you make any definite statements.
Odumchi please don't repeat that crap again 200k can definitely get you a decent house in the us.just Google it haba! !!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by eoboluwole: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
EOB
No place like my Mother's land Nigeria God bless Nigeria I have vow in my life not me or my generation will serve a foreigner never but for them to come down to serve me that is what Psalms says count how many president that has rule them compared my own country
When the time comes this place will greater

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Betrayed Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others- Gov. LAMIDO Admits. / Davido Blasts Oyetola: 'You Are Actually Just A Bad Human Being' / Ambode Wearing "Made In Nigeria" Clothes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.