Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,177 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (38031 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
[i][/i]kill all my demons and you may end up killing my angels.

OP your arguments are baseless. Nigerian still remains one of the worst places to live and work even in African standards!

The U.S. is where it is due to hard work and highly skilled workforce.
We are were we are in Nigeria today due to our mediocre attitude, selfish tendencies and outright laziness.

If the U.S. is too hard for you, you can always haul your baggage down to MMA and recieve the most resounding and depressing welcome ever.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by owo2390(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
I love the USA because at school i have Indian, Mexican, Italian, Pakistani, friends. With that alone. I have learned a lot about the world i live in. But Nigerian society is too homogeneous for me.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by denzel2009: 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
mail4gift2:

, Please, i beg you in the name of God, ABEG BROS, na beg i dey beg, i use all the angels name for heaven beg you, i use your village juju name, your mama and papa name, your ancestors name beg you, abeg abeg abeg DON'T EVER COMPARE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and Nigeria abeg bros abeg na beg i dey beg abeg, ejoh, biko, thank you

you don do beggar job for oyingbo before? grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Ayanfe22: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2011
I strongly hold a contrary opinion! In nigeria you can get two jeeps for 1 in the Us. Where did this news envisage from? People in nigeria bring their cars from the us! In nigera, the government has refused to pay 18000 minimum wage. To get a house in nigeria, you need to pay at least 2 years rent! Are u kidding me? When your father knows nobody, to get a job after graduation is a huge task! A basket of onions alone is 6000 naira! Recharge cards are pay as you go.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2011
Please, all U.S. lovers, we know u love this country, everyone likes it in their different ways but for me o, I like the U.S., but there's too much hassles in this country. Yeah there's good life and better opportunities but hassles overwhelm people daily.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2011
edikiakong and the rest of Nigerian cuisine is fine for me. I miss it anytime am away but its a cultural thing, a sort of acquired taste. It doesnt in anyway have universal taste appeal.
Ice cream has a universal taste. even OP loves it.
The U.S. is Ice Cream and Nigeria is bitter-leaf soup(i dont like bitter-leaf soup).
get my drift
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by abbey621(m): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2011
stop cherry picking faults. you try entering an american hospital without adequate insurance cover. dem go throw you outside the hospital come close door. secondly nigerians dont get lost in forests. we aint into all dat mountain hiking and whatnot that white folks do the black man, the nubian man, the asiatic blackman is not adventurous by nature and as such will never get lost in no dayum mountains

@Buzugee- You've finally crossed the line! Guy stop proving to everyone that you are psycho. You need to read the bill of rights and the amendments of the constitution of the United States. All American residents with proper documentation will be treated regardless of insurance or not, they might end up paying a whole lot more for the treatment but they can never be denied service. If you think you're talking to dummies, I assure you I'm not one of them, Grew up in the streets of mushin, graduated from one of the worst universities in Nigeria, and with just one luck of being able to travel, I make about 5,000 dollars every month, that's about 750k or more every month in Naira, and you sit here and argue that Nigeria is better than the United States, Guy u need a reality check!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
manny4life:

Please, all U.S. lovers, we know u love this country, everyone likes it in their different ways but for me o, I like the U.S.,  but there's too much hassles in this country. Yeah there's good life and better opportunities but hassles overwhelm people daily.

Stop deceiving yourself! It is not about being a U.S Lover but about being HONEST no matter what side of the game you are on.

No such thing as hassles OVERWHELMING people daily. I have family in D.C and they are doing alright. I even have friends out there who bike to work daily and they are not complaining of the traffic or high parking fees you seem to be. No one I know there pays $15 a day for parking but that YOU have CHOSEN to do that in your life does not automatically mean we all have chosen SUFFERING(since you are here complaining that your choice of paying $15 a day for parking  is a burden on your life) the way you seem to have.

I live in a city where parking is a hassle but I have free parking right in front of my place and I ride my bike around when I want to go to places around where I know that parking my not be easy. I even save a lot on car repair that way and get the needed exercise daily all at the same time.

Cut the bull, and tell the truth . . your personal choices are yours and not that of all of D.C or even America!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by owo2390(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
Even if you are an illegal alien without insurance, you are treated. No questions ask.

I remember after an accident in Nigeria, we had to pay before the doctor could see us. Mind you, there was blood gushing out of my dad's head. But in New Brunswick, New Jersey at the clinic where I volunteer, we treat everybody. The clinic was actually commissioned for the sole purpose of treating people without insurance.

Insurance argument doesn't fly.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2011
Tobi_dad:

edikiakong and the rest of Nigerian cuisine is fine for me. I miss it anytime am away but its a cultural thing, a sort of acquired taste. It doesnt in anyway have universal taste appeal.
Ice cream has a universal taste. even OP loves it.
The U.S. is Ice Cream and Nigeria is bitter-leaf soup(i dont like bitter-leaf soup).
get my drift

But there are african restaurants across America, and stores where you can have your African foods(non cooked) shipped directly to you. Why miss what you can have easy shipped right to you?? I eat Fufu/Iyan/Amala/Gari, like everyday of the week. We don't eat American food in my house ( not that we hate it) and it is all affordable.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
abbey621:

@Buzugee- You've finally crossed the line! Guy stop proving to everyone that you are psycho. You need to read the bill of rights and the amendments of the constitution of the United States. All American residents with proper documentation will be treated regardless of insurance or not, they might end up paying a whole lot more for the treatment but they can never be denied service. If you think you're talking to dummies, I assure you I'm not one of them, Grew up in the streets of mushin, graduated from one of the worst universities in Nigeria, and with just one luck of being able to travel, I make about 5,000 dollars every month, that's about 750k or more every month in Naira, and you sit here and argue that Nigeria is better than the United States, Guy u need a reality check!
first off congrats on your $5000 a month. undecided seondly i am privy to what happens in hospitals in america. oh they would treat you in an emergency (more like patch you up) and then dispose of you after that if you dont have insurance.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
owo2390:

Even if you are an illegal alien without insurance, you are treated. No questions ask.

I remember after an accident in Nigeria, we had to pay before the doctor could see us. Mind you, there was blood gushing out of my dad's head. But in New Brunswick, New Jersey at the clinic where I volunteer, we treat everybody. The clinic was actually commissioned for the sole purpose of treating people without insurance.

Insurance argument doesn't fly.
yall may have dat in brunswick and i suspect thats because is not highly populated but its not like dat everywhere. dig ? woe betide you to come into the hospital for a 'chronic' problem. they will kick you out with timberland boots if you have no insurance
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by owo2390(m): 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
There is medicare and medicaid. They don't cover everyone but it's way better than Nigeria where they kick you out even if your head is bleeding profusely.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2011
owo2390:

There is medicare and medicaid. They don't cover everyone but it's way better than Nigeria where they kick you out even if your head is bleeding profusely.
You shoulda went private in nigeria. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
Have they 'done the light' and provided good water supply in Nigeria? If no, errr. . . not coming back. cheesy The U.S is still better. grin

You can drive at 2am in the wee hours of the morning and still feel safe. No armed robbers using razz mentality of sprinkling nails on roads to burst your tire so that they can rob you. grin

The people here are willing to help. In school, in church, in government places, name it. Just ask questions. They would speak to you in a very diplomatic manner. Can't say the same for the illiterates in Nigeria's public institutions.

That is the kind of life my body system was made for, don't know about others. kiss If you can weather the heat storm  in Nigeria, good for you. I have tried it, it didn't just work out. grin

What an easy going life and it's not as if you are that wealthy to enjoy life in its most simplistic manner.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
@ buzugee

first off congrats on your $5000 a month.   seondly i am privy to what happens in hospitals in america. oh they would treat you in an emergency (more like patch you up) and then dispose of you after that if you dont have insurance.

Yes, dont you think its great that in the case of an emergency you will be attended to first before kicking you out?
Will they even allow you inside the Hospital/Clinic in Nigeria without cash or some deposit?

Actually, we left out the most imporatant part which is how did you get yourself to the Emergency Room to begin with.
Did you call 911 and in a matter of minutes you are picked up by an ambulance or air-lifted by an air-amubalance or
where you counting on a family member or stranger to drive you there?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2011
Iyke-D:

@ buzugee

Yes, dont you think its great that in the case of an emergency you will be attended to first before kicking you out?
Will they even allow you inside the Hospital/Clinic in Nigeria without cash or some deposit?

Actually, we left out the most imporatant part which is how did you get yourself to the Emergency Room to begin with.
Did you call 911 and in a matter of minutes you are picked up by an ambulance or air-lifted by an air-amubalance or
where you counting on a family member or stranger to drive you there?

when you lived in nigeria before you checked out, did you not manage to survive whatever happened to you ? are there not tonnes of people living in nigeria today to the ripe old age of 110 ? why do you ignorant people just because you have tasted big mac start talking like you have lost whats left of your senses when you got to america ? embarassed

excuse my tone of voice grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by abbey621(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2011
@Buzugee- I know your type, you are fueled by people's opinion and you derive pleasure in the attention you're getting, there's no use arguing with you, those of us that are smart will continue making money here in the United States or Nigeria and enjoying all it has to give, as for the anti-american /Boko Haramist grin See you @ d finish line, sucker!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
I'm sorry but this guy is daft, how can you compare the US and Nigeria? I doubt if you lived in the US before.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
abbey621:

@Buzugee- I know your type, you are fueled by people's opinion and you derive pleasure in the attention you're getting, there's no use arguing with you, those of us that are smart will continue making money here in the United States or Nigeria and enjoying all it has to give, as for the anti-american /Boko Haramist grin See you @ d finish line, sucker!!
life is no competition. see thats the source of your delusion from the start. do you see any u haul truck at the back of a hearse ? cuz i havent. you sir need your medulla oblangata serviced embarassed
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Dotscanner: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2011
With the above listed reasons, Nigeria is not in away to be compared with America. cos Kenya is even far more than naija,  what can you say is Nigeria's pride?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
What's clear is that many Nigerians who have ventured to and settled in the US have now become typical 'African Americans'.

They seem lost yet happy to be second class citizens in a land that's not their own.

From there they can sit with comfort and mock Nigeria/Africa as if they are really 'Americans'.

Back in the day it was about travelling overseas, getting a better education, getting some work experience and then returning to Nigeria to apply your gained skills to better the country.

Not any more!!

I'm sure many of them/their offspring will join the US military aparatus and join them in their imperialist wars against continents like Africa.

Shame on them. . . . . Lost Souls.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aljharem(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sun of god:

What's clear is that many Nigerians who have ventured to and settled in the US have now become typical 'African Americans'.

They seem lost yet happy to be second class citizens in a land that's not their own.

From there they can sit with comfort and mock Nigeria/Africa as if they are really 'Americans'.

Back in the day it was about travelling overseas, getting a better education, getting some work experience and then returning to Nigeria to apply your gained skills to better the country.

Not any more!!

I'm sure many of them/their offspring will join the US military aparatus and join them in their imperialist wars against continents like Africa.

Shame on them. . . . . Lost Souls.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by skyone(m): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
odemchi was denied visa loto plus green card so no need to argue again ja re
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
Whata funny thread. hahahahahahahah! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2011
If Nigeria was great, the Nigerian masses will not swimming to Morocco or swimming to France --- Nigeria is a failed state.

BUT one more time, it all boils down to choices ---
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 11:28pm On Jul 23, 2011
Notice how this thread didn't say "5 Reasons why Nigeria is Better than America" but how America is Worse.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
I'm sure this must be the three millionth thread on said topic that's been opened on NL.

But anyway, will try to respond seriously to the post. OP, your comparisons are baseless. The US is way better than Nigeria, that's not a disputable fact.
Just like Nigeria is way better than some shytty countries in Africa, like Western Sahara, or Mauritania. That's just the way it is.

Of course not every Nigerian can run to the US, or live in the US. I'm one of those who aren't fortunate to do so, by the way. What we can do is take lessons from countries that are better off, and see how we can implement ideas from there at home. Which is why I don't necessarily side with those who are opposing you. It's not enough to extol the virtues of the US, but we should strive to take some of the good things they have working for them there, such as the respect for personal freedoms and  rights, the constitution, and the rule of law, and see it implemented at home. As it is, the citizens of Nigeria haven't been able to successfully elect a local government councillor in Nigeria, after 50 years of of independence.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aktunde(m): 11:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
Assuming this the poster is typing in red, and ending his statements with emotions like "  undecided ", I would think he is Mr Cork. Even when the Cork is trying to make a good point, he will still present it in a annoying way. But despite how annoying it is, one might still find it easier to laugh than getting angry. Mr buzugee, if I were you, I would have stopped at my first post. You might have discovered some few (irrelevant) areas where Nigeria might be better, but you are presenting your points like Mr Cork. Are you really serious? or are you just trying to dethrone the great Cork of NL? Because if not, I do not see any reason why you should continue with your line or arguments. Nigeria vs US.  Ha ha? They are 2 distant poles. Why compare them?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 12:06am On Jul 24, 2011
aktunde:

Assuming this the poster is typing in red, and ending his statements with emotions like "  undecided ", I would think he is Mr Cork. Even when the Cork is trying to make a good point, he will still present it in a annoying way. But despite how annoying it is, one might still find it easier to laugh than getting angry. Mr buzugee, if I were you, I would have stopped at my first post. You might have discovered some few (irrelevant) areas where Nigeria might be better, but you are presenting your points like Mr Cork. Are you really serious? or are you just trying to dethrone the great Cork of NL? Because if not, I do not see any reason why you should continue with your line or arguments. Nigeria vs US.  Ha ha? They are 2 distant poles. Why compare them?
Bros all this is is saturday banter between fellow countrymen. i am not trying to convince anyone of anything. i am just enjoying the banter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

"What A Naval Officer Can Do An Army Officer Can Do Better" - Nigerian Soldier / Wike Lobbying To Join APC, Since Atiku Isn’t Allowing Him To Take Over PDP - APC / Dino Melaye Sings And Dances To The #StingyMenAssociation Anthem (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.