Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

How To Become A Freelancer And Make Money In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Become A Freelancer And Make Money In Nigeria (320 Views)

How To Become A Freelancer And Make Money Online In 2022 Even Without Skills / How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? / Learn How I make Money Online as a Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Freelancer And Make Money In Nigeria by udemzeus(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Have you ever wanted to work all by yourself without the supervision of any boss or be free from the restriction of a workplace, then Freelancing is one fantastic opportunity to tap into.

Not so many people like working 9-5; the saddest thing about this experience is that we feel bound by survival; in this article, I will expose an online side-hustle that can get you the financial freedom you ever desire.

Who Is a Freelancer?

A freelancer is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to any employer on a long-term contract, making them available to every other worker.

Freelance workers are sometimes represented by a company or a temporary agency that resells freelance labour to clients; others work alone or use trained organisations or websites to get work.

Why Should you Become a Freelancer?

I have been freelancing for so many years now, and I must tell you that It has been an exciting experience. The joy of not having to wake up to meet the expectations of a particular boss has made it more fun as a freelance.

I can decide to be committed to more than one employer simultaneously; it also allows me to leverage my time and be far more productive.

1. To Make Money.

There is no limit to how much you can make as a freelance; with a platform like Fiverr, Upwork and even referrals from your family and friends, earnings are unlimited. The rate at which you earn as a freelancer is determined by good you are at handling your job.

2. Experience Freedom.

Freedom is the dream of everyone who roams the earth’s surface; even animals kept in the Zoo as a circus deeply crave freedom. Freedom is one of the fascinating things that you get to experience as a freelance.

3. Enjoy Flexibility.

As a freelancer, you get the chance to do other things that you ever dreamed of; as a freelance web developer, I have the opportunity to dive and explore my many areas of strength as more than.

4. Freelancing Helps You Become an Expert.

While Freelancing, you get to work with various people, which tends to put your problem-solving skills at a higher level. As a Freelancer, you are constantly challenged with new tasks and deadlines, which in the long run, develop your skill set far more than anyone working full-time for a company.

5. Grow your reputation.

Getting to work for so many people within a short period helps you accumulate reviews and testimonials, enhancing your reputation. As a Freelancer, you have to be able to satisfy the client’s deep needs to get referred to other people and grow your reputation.

6. Meet new people.

Working for new people is the tradition and culture of freelancers, and this has made it for them to develop a far better career than in any business industry. Do you intend to become a Freelancer? Then prepare to meet many new people as you progress.

How To Become a Freelancer.

A Freelancer is one business model that requires the development of particular expertise so well that prospective clients need to see concrete proof of work before committing/to themselves.

1. Learn a Skill.

The first thing you need to have under your belt is considerable skills; as a Freelancer, you are intended to get paid for applying a particular skill set in a specific work area.

There are so many skillsets to learn as a Freelancer; make sure they are primarily sought after.

In this section, I will be providing some essential and valuable skill sets that every aspiring Freelancer should work on.

1. Web Design/ Web Development.

There is a massive new wave in the technology industry, and so many new and upcoming brands need the services of web designers and developers.

As someone seeking to become a Freelancer, adding this skill to your toolbelt can place you at the forefront of eventually becoming a freelancer because there is a massive need for these services.

2. Graphics Design.

I cannot start to count how many individuals, small and large companies, are in desperate need of graphic designers, but not so many of them can lay their hands on one.

All you need to know as a Graphics designer is the use of graphic design software, and then you are good to go; also, with some good samples of work you have done, you are the bomb.

3. Video Editors.

With the massive wave of the need for graphic designers, video editors are also highly sought after.

All you need to become a well-sought-after video editor is a proper knowledge of video editing tools and software.

4. Writing.

Writing is another skill set that could be used by so many individuals, small and big companies worldwide. So many of them seek writers to help them send newsletters and even update and manage their blogs.

You need to know how to work with offline and online text-editing software like Microsoft Word and WordPress.

Writing essays is quite different from writing for websites; if you have developed your writing skills, you can rest assured that you will get hired by more than just one company.

5. Virtual Assistant.

Back in the days, we had secretaries and clerks appointed to take care of the office work such as letter typing, attending to email and many others.

With the advent of the internet, it has now been fully converted into a virtual assistant instead of a clerk.

However, most business models still make use of clericals staffs, but nowadays, most of these businesses prefer to work remotely with people to work as virtual assistants from other parts of the world.

As a Virtual Assistant, all you need to do is handle virtual office works like typing documents, sending and receiving emails and making phone calls working remotely from any part of the world.

6. Voice-Over Artist.

A voice-over artist uses their voice in radio, television, film, theatre, and other presentations. When it comes to Freelancing, most people think it is designed for only technical people; little did they know that every other talent you possess can be freelanced, one of them being music.

Are you a good music artist, and do you have a fantastic voice? Then, you can become a voice-over artist and start monetizing your agent today and make good money.

2. Use Freelancing Websites.

The next step is to go online after acquiring any of these skills to the point where you have a working portfolio.

There are so many websites designed for Freelancers; before going into a massive list of these websites, I would like to give you a brief overview of how the Freelance website works.

All a Freelance website is designed to provide you with a secured online platform to showcase your skills, sell them to prospective clients from all over the world and help you make money while you deliver these micro-jobs.

A Freelance website like Fiverr would link you to clients all over the world, assign you with a micro job that you offer, and then collect money on your behalf, mind you, the money is not paid until the task is completed, and the client has certified the job a completed one.

3. Create a Portfolio Website.

I wrote a comprehensive guide on my blog on how anyone can master SEO, check out the article below.

https://tchelete.com/how-to-become-a-freelancer-and-make-money/
Re: How To Become A Freelancer And Make Money In Nigeria by Chukatabra: 11:40am On Oct 29, 2023
You'll really find these tips helpful cause as a free lancer myself, they've done a great deal for me.
Check it out - https://blog.changera.co/how-to-earn-money-as-a-freelancer/

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Reasons To Become A Virtual Assistant / Learn How To Create A Website In 30days / Free Amazon Kdp Webinar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.