Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 (747 Views)

Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa / How To Create Free Kdp Account On Amazon To Make Over 150K - 1M Naira Monthly. / UBA Launch In The UK, Dangote, Dbanj, Wizkid, And Others Grace The Event(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 by MallamChukwudi: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
Amazon is set to steal some of the market share of major e-commerce players in Nigeria such as Jumia and Konga.

Leaked documents revealed that the company plans to expand into five new countries across Africa, South America, and Europe. The five countries include Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Nigeria, and South Africa according to a report by businessinsider.com.

The firm is investing in long-term growth even as it scales back parts of its United States retail. Amazon currently has marketplaces in 20 different countries.

The timing of the rollouts revealed the company is set to roll out in Nigeria in April 2023.

The timing of the rollouts were detailed in an internal timeline: Belgium’s marketplace, called Project Red Devil, is slated for late September,” the report said.

“The one in Colombia, dubbed Project Salsa, is scheduled for February 2023. South Africa, codenamed Project Fela, is also expected in February 2023. The marketplace in Nigeria is due to launch in April 2023. That project shares the codename Project Fela with South Africa. Chile is planned for April 2023, too. That shares the Project Salsa name with Colombia.

“All countries are planning to launch with their own marketplace and access to Amazon’s fulfilment service called Fulfillment by Amazon, one of the documents said.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/amazon-set-to-steal-jumia-others-market-share/%3famp
Re: Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 by Kingozymandias(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
That's a good one
Re: Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 by Kingozymandias(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
That's a good one

It means products would be priced the same rate only converted to dollar the only high cost would be shipping .

At the end of the day, Nigerians will still but things cheaper on Amazon than jumia and konga...

Infact Amazon would be cheaper than gadget sellers like Sosogames

Now is Amazon wants to finish the market finally let them just open a warehous where and import and store their products meaning no shipping costs ...
That would be RIP to those gadgets seller in Nigeria who seller triple the price abroad to end users
Re: Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 by MallamChukwudi: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingozymandias:
That's a good one

It means products would be priced the same rate only converted to dollar the only high cost would be shipping .

At the end of the day, Nigerians will still but things cheaper on Amazon than jumia and konga...

Infact Amazon would be cheaper than gadget sellers like Sosogames

Now is Amazon wants to finish the market finally let them just open a warehous where and import and store their products meaning no shipping costs ...
That would be RIP to those gadgets seller in Nigeria who seller triple the price abroad to end users

I swear. I am already feeling sorry for jumia and Konga.

The only market that I know of, where amazon went and failed to local competitors (alongside multi billion corporarions such as uber) was China.

In Nigeria, they would just be patient and bleed local competitors out of money. The Nigerian market is basically a free lunch for them.

And with their free shipping and prime, and fulfilment and also a chance for local vendors to sell to the international market, its game over for Konga and jumia. RIP.
Re: Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 by Kingozymandias(m): 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
MallamChukwudi:

I swear. I am already feeling sorry for jumia and Konga.

The only market that I know of, where amazon went and failed to local competitors (alongside multi billion corporarions such as uber) was China.

In Nigeria, they would just be patient and bleed local competitors out of money. The Nigerian market is basically a free lunch for them.

And with their free shipping and prime, and fulfilment and also a chance for local vendors to sell to the international market, its game over for Konga and jumia. RIP.

It's game over for local electronic sellers ,gadget sellers and smart phone sellers..

It's a win for us the citizens... Chinas case is understandable... For goodness sake all the factories are there so how can you possibly compete with that grin

1 Like

Re: Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 by foxxydude: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
OP this news isn't leaked it's been all over the internet over 48 hrs
Amazon is already hiring engineers for Amazon Prime Video launch.
OP dey fear God

Back to the news
I think, Amazon is going to acquire Jumia since Jumia already have a working structure similar to theirs on ground
My thoughts oh!
Re: Amazon To Launch In Nigeria 2023 by MallamChukwudi: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
foxxydude:
OP this news isn't leaked it's been all over the internet over 48 hrs
Amazon is already hiring engineers for Amazon Prime Video launch.
OP dey fear God

Back to the news
I think, Amazon is going to acquire Jumia since Jumia already have a working structure similar to theirs on ground
My thoughts oh!

I think becoming part of Amazon will be a good deal for any local players that they find interest in. Otherwise, they (local players) will just buy themselves time to die a painful and financially catastrophic death.

Also, they could sell their operation in the country and focus on consolidating operations in other African market where amazon are absent, then fight hard to become strong there, in case amazon shows up later, which they will.

(1) (Reply)

How I Went From Owing N100k To Making N52,250 In 4 Days Using An Oppoa12(photos) / Solarcitygas: The Worst Place To Work In Lagos / Looking For Where To Buy All Kinds Of Phone Accessories, Phone Repairing Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.