Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,012,077 members, 7,363,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 March 2023 at 06:28 PM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo (2505 Views)
Peter Obi: Governor Wike Worked Against Me In Rivers / Babangida Aliyu: Why Some PDP Governors Worked Against Jonathan In 2015 / How PDP's Peter Obi Won The Debate Against Osinbajo with Facts (2) (3) (4)
|10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by tracychelsea13: 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Students of history will agree that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is a best candidate for President, in fact, as a student of history, the best stint of the Buhari administration was when he was Acting President. Nigerians will largely agree that the best decision making in favour of citizens and against the elites where made at this point.
I will state 10 reasons why the northern elites (cabals), their governors and others colluded with corrupt politicians from the south to rig Osinbajo out of the APC presidential primaries.
Some of the reasons I will list will stun people and only when they read between the lines that they will find it to be true. President Muhammadu Buhari was also part of the plans to ensure that Osinbajo did not succeed him.
1. Nnamdi Kanu: This is an unpopular reason among Nigerians but it is true. When Osinbajo was Acting President, Kanu, who is the leader of proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra was granted bail, weeks after he was maltreated by the Buhari administration. The decision to grant Kanu bail angered the northern elites so badly that they held it against Osinbajo. To prove this right, immediately Buhari returned from his sick leave they began tracking Kanu down. They eventually caught him in Kenya and he is back where they want him to be.
2. National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP): The NLTP was an idea of Osinbajo and although it was a very good idea, it angered the north. The plan was going to end grazing of cows and this is one thing they do not want. They cannot imagine Abuja without cows walking the road. NLTP would have brought modernization to Nigeria but the people behind the cows didn’t want it, they even tried to use RUGA to rubbish it but when it didn’t work they used all their political weight to stop Osinbajo at the primaries.
3. Executive Orders/Knowledge of the Law: The National Assembly had a hard time under Osinbajo as Acting President. He knew that there were other ways of getting things done without the National Assembly holding Nigeria to ransom. He signed about eight Executive Orders in one day and also hinted that the days of budget padding was over. I’m sure that is why Ahmad Lawan was thrown into the race, the National Assembly feared that someday all the unthinkable salaries and allowances they earned was soon going to disappear, so they joined forces with these people who do not want Nigeria to succeed.
4. EndSARS: This is one reason that many will not understand. At the height of the EndSARS protest, Osinbajo apologized to Nigerians for the role of SARS and the killings of innocent people. He recommended that they be banned after he took the Inspector General of Police to the President. For some reasons, Buhari agreed and they were suspended but SARS was the bulldog for some powerful Nigerians and they took an exception to his role.
5. CJN Onnoghen: As Acting President, Osinbajo sent the name of Onnoghen to the National Assembly and he was appointed CJN. This action like that of Nnamdi Kanu angered the north. Many students of history know that just as they went after Kanu, they went after Onnoghen.
6. Lawal Daura: The sacking of Daura who was a bulldog for the cabal hit home harder than many had thought. The northern elites saw it as effrontery of the highest order, not only on the region but on the President. Just because he blocked the National Assembly gate? They were going to pay the man back.
7. Anti-Corruption: They know that Osinbajo was going to really deal with corrupt Nigerians, a category most of them fall into. People like Babachir Lawal who was the Secretary to the Government of the Federation was suspended then sacked because Osinbajo recommended it. Lawal hated Osinbajo since then. Of course Ganduje feared for his future along with all of them that are corrupt. They will stop at nothing to ensure that Osinbajo’s presidency does not happen.
8. Technology: Social Investment Programmes and Economic Sustainability Plan are two programmes overseen by the Office of the Vice President. In fact, Aisha Buhari, the First Lady once accused the Vice President of not giving her a quota, so that she can share to her people. Unfortunately for her, the programmes were online and they were for all Nigerians. They didn’t like technology which they feared will end their grip on Nigeria’s neck and stop many corrupt practices.
9. Sackings: As Acting President, Osinbajo paid an unannounced visit to the Lagos International Airport. He even visited the toilets after Nigerians complained online about the state of the airport. Ten directors were sacked that day and the revamp of Nigeria airports began. These persons that were sacked where put there by elites and cabals as their own security. We all know that there are many incompetent people in government and Osinbajo would have weeded them all out to the loss of these people holding Nigeria to ransom.
10. Sheep among wolves: Most of these politicians knew that he wouldn’t do what they do, they know that he wouldn’t go where they went, he was simply going to do the right thing for the Nigerian people and the truth is that, if the people are empowred, the elites will continue to lose their grip and this is what they don’t want. They want Nigeria to be forever impoverished.
22 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by NigeriansTalkUp(f): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2022|
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Parachoko: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2022|
The Northern Governors didn't work against Osinbanjo.
The Cabals didn't even choose him.
113 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by juman(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2022|
He was considered too small politician to face atiku of pdp.
That was the only reason.
9 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by mycar: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2022|
You are spot on. I pray he gets an opportunity to contest again. I will surely be his number one supporter. very intelligent man
10 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by teeytimi: 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2022|
And APC would have no need for campaign if they had chosen him. He has this natural appeal to many Nigerian either North or South
10 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Even as an Obidient man I strongly agree with most of the point raised here!
It's a shame that people who are supposed to support him saw him as fighting his master!
Osibanjo was the best the Yoruba could have offered at this moment, but in their usual matter and sophistication, they chose sentiment over reasoning!
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by KGD10: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Nobody had that against Osinbajo. Personally, I don't have problem with him contesting in the primaries because First, he's the present vice president who would think he had the capability of knowing the weakness to be easily worked on as soon as he assumed office and believe me, despite Buhari's inadequacies, his government had some good input such as rail, second Niger bridge etc. So yes, Osinbajo would think he's got the first know how to continue and improve upon Buhari's government.
Secondly, Osinbajo was working towards his ambition as a president which isn't bad. I mean if a teacher friend helped me to attain the post of the vice principal of a school, does that mean I have to concede my ambition of becoming a principal of the school to the said teacher? As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be in the position of the vice principal in the first place if I didn't have the criterion for it and earned it and we all know that Osinbajo fully earned it. It's not as if Osinbajo tried to help someone in Tinubu's place or tried to scuttle Buhari's presidential post. Osinbajo didn't do any of that hence he's not a betrayer (Same Osinbajo had even invited Adeboye to pray for Buhari while he was sick at the hospital in the UK). Osinbajo didn't betray anyone but was only working peacefully towards his own aspiration in a peaceful way, especially while he's already the vice president with the knowledge of the present government.
That being said, Tinubu deserves his candidacy. He's worked hard for it. He laid down the bricks for the party and worked hard plus the wonderful work he's done in Lagos hence if he wants to go for it, then you can't say no to him. I hope Tinubu doesn't allow anyone to push him against Osinbajo but instead, should work together with him because first, Osinbajo is an intelligent man and has got the technical know how of the present Buhari's government and would know the weakness to work on for a better Nigeria.
5 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by helinues: 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Nothing like work against. It was probably indirect stepping down
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Oladelesp: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Same man that want the best for Nigeria
North is a major menace to Nigeria development
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Softesst: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Where's the lie! They feel threatened by Osinbajo.
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Temmy1997(f): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022|
I guess the northern governor's do not have sense because if they do they will know that Osinbajo is the one that can actually make this country work again, he's intelligent, he's smart, he knows where and where will have problems in this country and what he can do to fix them but I guess they choose money over him that is okay, all I know is that Osinbajo will emerge President someday but 8 just hope is not too late for this country by that time.
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Tiwatoke2: 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Would have really loved to have Prof. Osinbajo as Nigeria’s President but it is what it is
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Adelekan40(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and Peter Obi are my best pick for the APC and PDP presidential aspirants. It's unfortunate, Nigerian party delegates are not ready for the change we deserve in this country.
4 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by okefranci: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Hmmmmmm, If all these aforementioned are true then it means Nigerians doesn't like a trustworthy person but like lies and this can't make us go forward, among the past Nigeria vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo is the best but they didn't want him to rule
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2022|
How politics is being played here in Nigeria is not good at all ... National interest should and must be placed above Personal Interest. PYO is a very and very wonderful leader
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Shooyie: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2022|
I honestly believe his actions while he was Acting President made the North scared of him. They believe if he becomes President, a lot of things will change and it will eventually disrupt their "plans".
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Zeemam: 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Northern Governors had lost it, they did all what they did cos of the steps Osinbajo took when he was the acting president....they are scared of him being the president.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by maybanks: 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Nigeria isn't ready for true Change. When Nigeria is ready, even the Northern elites will be shocked with the way they will be rejected by the common people of the North
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Dunnia333: 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2022|
If only VP Osinbajo was made the APC flag bearer, they won’t need to do much campaigns because the VP is easily likeable and his works especially as Acting President precede him. But here we are��♀️
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Prinxzona10: 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Let me reiterate my profound assertions here again.
The Southerners and some part of the learned sincered Northerners still supporting all these evil and wicked politicians are the main problem and time bomb to Nigerians as a whole because everything you needed to know is there buh tribal,ethnic and religious sentiment wouldn't allow some people to see clearly..
2% of Nigerians are playing games with Nigeria future and anybody that seems different would be hunt down and taken out from the powers at the top...
Let me proudly say it again that Peter Obi and Yemi Osibanjo remains the best presidential candidates with some atom of conscience to rule Nigeria(in as much as they ain't saints buh I can vouch for them to change Nigeria positively).
If you as a youth or as a Nigeria,clamouring for these sick,fragile,old and corrupt men to rule over you,just know that you're digging your own grave and that of your children(future) because they gat nothing to offer you except more mysteries,disaster,poverty,death,sickness and hunger...
Youths wake up and stop praising your oppressors,fight that Stockholm syndrome disease and emancipate yourselves from their bondage and slavery pleaseeeeee...
The Nigeria political elites are against anything that can benefits the masses,so anytime they start fighting against anybody,know that the person is different and the person is for your own good..
Lastly, Peter Obi,Yemi Osibanjo and Prof Zulum are exceptional presidential candidates via that other politicians eat and dine with the devil... I rest my case...Gracias!!!!
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by DameAnnah(f): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo did the right thing as the Acting President.
Even, every effort of the Cabal to frustrate him didn't succeed! He overcame them.
They could only fear his performance prowess, a very strong man they know they could not bend.
If they now rejoice over his not securing the APC ticket, it is to their peril, because this is the ONLY PERSON who can will the presidency for APC in 2023, without him, FORGET it!
Let them nurse their issues on their own, Nigerians will forever celebrate Osinbajo's achievements as the BEST VP Nigeria has ever produced. And by God's grace, one day, he will emerge as the president of Nigeria.
That is the mandate!
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Wilson2013(m): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Splattered all over the history of humankind, right from the very beginning of creation to this day, we’ve heard unbelievable stories of missed opportunities and misplaced priorities. It is as if insensitivity to the available opportunities isn’t enough to contend with. Perhaps that is just the way it is meant to be so as to make the world go round, otherwise, what kind of world would we have had if opportunities are never lost so that someone else could get them and others spend a lifetime with the regret?
Osinbajo remains the best miss for the country. I hope we get him back
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by lumaxyellow: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2022|
I pray and hope Nigeria get a second chance to choose a leader like Osinbajo. May God prevail and help defeat the enemies of our dear country. Those that want Nigeria to remain the way it was, God will uproot them one by one.
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Thormiwah(m): 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2022|
The people that rule this land are pure evil, all the points raised by this writer is so spot on, Yemi Osinbajo really stunned them and they don't want to be out of power or in jail forever.
Osinbajo choose to do the right thing over the common thing, even if that haunted him now, it will be a great asset for him in the near future.
God is not man that He will continue looking at us to suffer from the hands of the northern bastards, he will rescue us very soon.
I pray Yemi Osinbajo gets his own mandate to change things in the Nigerian political space.
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria ��
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by demitola(m): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2022|
I put the blame on the table of President Muhammadu Buhari. Now, he has raised the hand of an unpopular candidate as his potential successor in the 2023 election. It's such a big shame that he finally accepted to dance to the tune of the so-called 'northern elites' who are bloody power mongers. He groomed a gentle, competent & brave man for almost 8yrs, only to feed him to political jackals & hyenas in the public square.
A man won the APC's primary and the streets were cold. A dark cloud hovered on for days & till now, it has hardly cleared. Hope practically vanished again for our dear country.
But one thing is certain - God rules in the affairs of men. In the plans & skirmishes of the 'strategists & powerful', He shall not abandon the pains & yearnings of the common Nigerian people.
5 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by OC831: 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Too bad. Till when do we continue like this? So virtuous men must never get there?
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Yellowface1220(m): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2022|
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by inioluwa03: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2022|
The thing we refused to understand is that we have missed what would have become the beginning of a new Nigeria
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Penguin2: 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Everything Osinbajo is, Obi is twice of it and more.
So your lamentations are unnecessary
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by KGD10: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2022|
Nothing is wrong with Tinubu either. Tinubu is still the best among the candidates today. Neither Atiku nor Obi has achieved 1/4 of Tinubu's achievement.
If Tinubu can turn Nigeria around like he did to Lagos, he would do well. We're not asking for too much from him.
|Re: 10 Reasons Why The Northern Elites, Governors Worked Against Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2022|
I don't know why we should be satisfied with all the nonsense happening in the country without anyone to check. Osinbajo is a man who has good intentions for this country but the corrupt ones will not agree. God should please save Nigeria
What Happened At The Place We Printed Tshirts For Peter Obi Grassroot Campaign / The Near Political Suicide Mission Of Nyesom Wike / Jubilation In Aba Over Nnamdi Kanu's Release
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225