Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

"Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi (16985 Views)

Keep Your Blue Tick, I No Go Buy Am: El-rufai, Wife In 'soft Banter' / Ngige To Faleke: "You Are A Small Boy, I No Get Time For You" / 'Buhari Has Dementia?' - Prof Kperogi As PMB Hands Over Flag To 'Governortorial' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by politicoNG: 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
If what happened in the Ekiti State governorship election is any guide, the party that will win the 2023 presidential election would be the party that bribes voters the most.

Even people who sang passionate anti-APC songs on election day, according to news reports, buckled under at the sight of wads of naira and voted for APC!

I no longer trust social media and environmental signals as reliable predictors of parties' performance at the polls in 2023.

Vote-buying abilities, not mass support or rigging, would determine who would win in 2023. Sad but true.

Omoyele Sowore is right to redefine PVCs as "Poverty Verification Cards." With Nigeria being the Poverty Capital of the World, millions of people will verify their cards for the highest bribe givers.

Instant monetary gratification is more important to a poor person writhing in unspeakable existential torment than the illusory promise of deferred gratification.

And that's precisely why people in power have a crucial self-interest in keeping the populace poor, powerless, and amenable to manipulation through bribery on election days.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0j7foNMn7Kjut49mDUkip5BR29um9QpvW5Tju4VJCETdDrKHzMap2vJ5d1eGJZmyAl&id=47904265

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Frigga13: 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sadly true, but it is what is it...

Party deletes have shown what Nigerians can do with their votes .. reason why Nigerians are rushing pvc...

PDP !!!

Power to the people!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by derecho(m): 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kperoogi no get PVC na.Hin no go know as people dey vex here.

Ekiti isn't Nigeria and would vote differently during the presidential elections. They may not have voted for party per say but for the best devil of the whole lot.
Segun Oni,for example,has ruled before and didn't do well.Hence, the people see him as not different from the rest.

The Presidential election would be different.Tinubu was rejected in favor of Fayose.Did Tinubu not spend money then?

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by PlayerMeji: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Dont mind those shouting the YOUTHs, the YOUTHs up and down!

Were they not the ones that voted in JONATHAN in 2011 when they were clamoring for FRESH AIR?

Were they not the ones that voted in BUHARI in 2015 when they were shouting CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE

Now, they want me to believe they have seen the light now..it is OBI...

Please once and for all, YOUTH should go and sit down and take a deep chill!

it is TINUBU we the REAL YOUTHs want!!!

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by koolib(m): 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
You can never buy votes where you are not wanted. Buying of votes is just like catalyst, it can boost chances but can never guarantee victory. Goodluck Jonathan knows better

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by NotoriousBiggyS: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ekiti is not all nigeria; in short Yoruba are not the whole of nigeria; the facts that yorubas are selling their votes due to the poverty level in their region doesn't mean all nigeria will do the same

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Frigga13: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Apc planned for this ahead .. reason for the 100 million ticket
Apc is evil ..

Nigerians must not forget how cruel this party has been

Apc must be deleted from Nigeria political history

Is not easy to survive ... Apc government

11 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by kennethfranc(m): 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
That's the sad truth but it can't work all over the country

3 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by mbahdi(m): 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
E no suppose better for anybody still supporting apc

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by ArewaNightmare: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
grin
Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by gracealonev: 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
With the insanely high invalid votes rate of 2.45% in Ekiti election result. It occurred to me that some people might have deliberately voided their votes out of frustration after collecting the bribes.

3 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Jayudamblinkz(m): 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
It is what it is
Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by SunMusk(m): 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
The Prof is not in Ekiti state, and APC is strong in the South West. Nd most Nigerians thinks the problem is from the president not governors or senators.

2 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Adex2442: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
On election day, money will change languages

1 Like

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Frigga13: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
kennethfranc:
That's the sad truth but it can't work all over the country

It will work in southwest region wella ... and some part of south south

3 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Typicool8(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
mbahdi:
E no suppose better for anybody still supporting apc

Honestly you dey on point buh my fellow Nigerians no dey think of the future...na anywhere belle face

2 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Jack500: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Frigga13:
Apc planned for this ahead .. reason for the 100 million ticket
Apc is evil ..

Nigerians must not forget how cruel this party has been

Apc must be deleted from Nigeria political history

Is not easy to survive ... Apc government

This your moniker will be retired permanently after Tinubu victory in 2023

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by JavaScript90: 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
The evil apc government deliberately improvished Nigerians only to throw crumbs at them during elections. Nigeria is completely finished and utterly hopeless with this administration.

I hope we won't sell our votes in the upcoming presidential election. We have found hope in obi and I believe the youths should resist apc cash as was done in anambra election

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Youngwiz71(m): 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Indeed vote buying might have been the order of the day but let's not forget what we're voting for is the person and not the party ...

If Peter Obi goes to Apc I will vote for him if he goes to Pdp again I will follow, I trust his credibility more ...

Another case study is cross River State, this state was a Pdp state before Ayade ported to Apc some months ago but guess what the fav to win the Guber election next year will be Apc reason because the candidate is one who is more preferred to that of the other parties.....

1 Like

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by BibleStoreng: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Frigga13: 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Jack500:

This your moniker will be retired permanently after Tinubu victory in 2023

Atimes I just wonder which state Yoruba man will win in the North under Apc

And how he will gather votes in his own south

Politics is not noise and mouth ...

Wetin still dey keep a.m. from picking a Vice .. both Muslim or Christian ?

Yoruba people sha

Power to the people

3 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by IPIGSRHYPO: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mumu man.
Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Oplomo: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Dont mind those shouting the YOUTHs, the YOUTHs up and down!

Were they not the ones that voted in JONATHAN in 2011 when they were clamoring for FRESH AIR?

Were they not the ones that voted in BUHARI in 2015 when they were shouting CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE

Now, they want me to believe they have seen the light now..it is OBI...

Please once and for all, YOUTH should go and sit down and take a deep chill!

it is TINUBU we the REAL YOUTHs want!!!

When Tinubu surely loses, you can go to bourdillon alone to eat the raw agbado and cassava that he promised to make 50 million youths eat when he becomes president.. grin

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Essence20(m): 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
INEC should work out modalities to checkmate vote buying in polling units

2 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Ejegbleje(m): 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2022

3 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Jack500: 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
Frigga13:

Atimes I just wonder which state Yoruba man will win in the North under Apc

And how he will gather votes in his own south

Politics is not noise and mouth ...

Wetin still dey keep a.m. from picking a Vice .. both Muslim or Christian ?

Yoruba people sha

Power to the people

That's how you were boasting and so sure he won't get the APC ticket, it is the confidence in your delusion for me grin grin
Don't worry, Feb is here

9 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by Kingspin(m): 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
This is where INEC and security agencies including the court should come in.

Allow voters to cast their votes secretly without reviewing which party they voted for.

INEC have the least important part to play during the vote.

I remember the 2015 election, one party gave me 3k but, I voted for another party.
If we repeat this process twice, many politicians will avoid vote-buying.

4 Likes

Re: "Poverty Verification Cards": I No Longer Trust Social Media Signals - Kperogi by hamedollar(m): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
I like this "Poverty Verification Cards"
Suffering and smiling people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajimobi Visits Family Of Gedion Aremu Who Was Murdered By Thugs In Ibadan - Pics / President Buhari Departs For APC Presidential Rallies In Oyo & Osun States. / Ebonyi April 11th 2015 Online Governorship Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.