Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue (768 Views)

My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / I Dislike My Small Stature / Pastor Samson Farounbi: 'My Wife Denies Me Sex Over My Small Joystick' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Tonero5200: 8:00am On Jun 22, 2022
I wouldn't blame him that much people always takes him as the eldest when we walk together even though am older than him with 3years when we were kids... we use to fight then alot and I'm ashamed to say he does overpower me sometimes but always gets scolded by our parent's. fast forward to now he still does same act, challenge me at any giving time.. what happened yesterday evening made me ask God why was I created this way, because I know if I was someone who had strength he wouldn't have dared to say those awful words to me.
I hate it everytime people stand to defend me just because my younger brother is abusing me always.. it's so painful and i wish theys something I can do for myself.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Fahdiga(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2022
grin. Sorry bro but if you have money like that midget El Rufai they will start respecting you

6 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Totilopussylick(m): 8:03am On Jun 22, 2022
You can relocate far away from him

5 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by duro4chang(m): 8:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Just have to learn how to class yourself.

4 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Totilopussylick(m): 8:14am On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
grin. Sorry bro but if you have money like that midget El Rufai they will start respecting you

There are things money cannot do.

To earn someones respect begins with how you carry yourself around them lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Fahdiga(m): 8:15am On Jun 22, 2022
Totilopussylick:

There are things money cannot do.

To earn someones respect begins with how you carry yourself around them lipsrsealed
So true

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Ceeman20: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2022
Hustle up and be more responsible. He'll always have reservations for you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Halimaatz(f): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2022
Lol.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by meobizy(f): 10:07am On Jun 22, 2022
What are your ages?
Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by RightToReject(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2022
I won't be surprised if it is his refusal to always put you on a pedestal that has always been the main cause of his supposed disrespect towards you - check well - because most Nigerians have a poor concept of respect and love. To you lots, being always put on a pedestal equates to being respected or loved, which is balderdash. And that, by extension, is one of the reasons most people have frenemies than they can realistically imagine among family members, friends, companions, etc.

You lots that always expect and appreciate others putting you on a pedestal, and vice versa, always prompt them to be showing you the false good side of themselves, something a maverick can't be caught doing. I guess your little brother might be a fellow maverick.

In summary, eschew the mentality of having your brother putting you on a pedestal under any guise and strive to be conscientious always; then, compare your relationship with him after two-three months of going through this route. If nothing changes for good after this period, it means that your brother isn't healthy.
Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Ruby458(f): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2022
Your brother is not wise. Why should your height or stature determine whether he should respect you or not.

My younger brother is four years my junior, taller than me, and more financially stable, yet he calls me 'Aunty' and gives me maximum respect that is due me. There is nothing I cannot do for my brother and he knows it. I love him so much and we have a beautiful sibling relationship.

Me, I don't know what to advice you on this case except to pray about it, then let him be. Stop joining issues with him, stop arguing or quarrelling or insisting on respect with him. Do your duties as his elder sibling, and show him love. Have conversations with him, but don't let it turn to quarrel or power tussle.I believe with time, your relationship with him will improve.

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Harrykn: 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
Just have money
Leave the rest...
Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by BigYash: 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
The smally no wise. Just ignore him.. Small stature has its own advantage. So,no regret anything.. Try dey excercise, so that you go get stamina.But I no say make you go dey fight o..
Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Bluish44(m): 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ruby458:
Your brother is not wise. Why should your height or stature determine whether he should respect you or not.

My younger brother is four years my junior, taller than me, and more financially stable, yet he calls me 'Aunty' and gives me maximum respect that is due me. There is nothing I cannot do for my brother and he knows it. I love him so much and we have a beautiful sibling relationship.

Me, I don't know what to advice you on this case except to pray about it, then let him be. Stop joining issues with him, stop arguing or quarrelling or insisting on respect with him. Do your duties as his elder sibling, and show him love. Have conversations with him, but don't let it turn to quarrel or power tussle.I believe with time, your relationship with him will improve.
did you say Pray?
Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Ruby458(f): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
Bluish44:
did you say Pray?

Yes o, he needs to pray for wisdom to do the right thing, and to handle the issue wisely. If two of them continue like this, it can turn to something else in the future.

Me, I pray about everything no matter how small, that's why I believe he should pray about it. smiley
Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by Richy4(m): 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
duro4chang:
Just have to learn how to class yourself.
smiley smiley
I don't know how to give you 12 likes free of charge for this cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue by NomzyJust(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
Bluish44:
did you say Pray?

When I saw the pray, I was shocked.

(1) (Reply)

Why do most abroad nd successful Nigerians do this? / Fun-seeker Drowns In Lagos Beach / Merry Xmas To Ya'll!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.